Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 08-05-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Boller gets nod to start Ravens' preseason opener

Boller gets nod to start Ravens' preseason opener
Old 08-05-2008, 03:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I truly hope Troy Smith wins the job, and Flacco takes over week 10 if Smith is performing poorly. I can't sit through another season of Kyle Boller.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:11 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmmmm Kyle starting.............

Get used to it fellas :D

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 12:16 AM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha, what?!?!?!
Is he all of a sudden looking good or something? A real late bloomer I guess. I really like Troy Smith so I hope he gets his chance real soon. I think Flacco is another year or 2 away.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 02:22 PM    (permalink
BengalMedic
Rookie

BengalMedic hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I really hope Boller has had the chance to sit back and figure sh*t out, because this is going to be his last shot at a starting QB spot. I always thought Boller was garbage, but being a Bengals fan, I'm loving seeing him get the nod !!! Seriously though, good luck with this and here's to hoping Flacco progresses quickly for you guys...
BengalMedic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

All three have been stinking it up in camp so far, Boller just got the nod because of his experience.

That's really all there is to it, and it was the right call by Coach. Better to figure out that he sucks sooner than later.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyRaven318 View Post
All three have been stinking it up in camp so far, Boller just got the nod because of his experience.

That's really all there is to it, and it was the right call by Coach. Better to figure out that he sucks sooner than later.
At this point, I'm surprised that injuries haven't effected any of the 3 OB's with the way things have been.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 08-06-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDawg819 View Post
At this point, I'm surprised that injuries haven't effected any of the 3 OB's with the way things have been.
I know Troy had a bruised thigh at some point during camp, but I'm pretty sure that's healed, and didn't Boller wear a protective foot boot at some point? I mean they're both minor compared to the rest of the team, and thank god for that. At least those red jerseys are keeping them protected.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
T.Smith
Rookie

T.Smith hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

By all accounts Troy has outpreformed everyone in camp. Boller is getting the start first in preseason game just because he is a vet as Haurghough stated. Troy will more then likely start the second one.
T.Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:19 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Smith View Post
By all accounts Troy has outpreformed everyone in camp.
I wouldn't say that's true at all unless you've just been reading the Sun(Preston seems to have a pretty big Troy bias). Each QB has had it's great days, and each QB has had its ugly days, but all 3 have been inconsistent at best. It's still a wide-open race by all accounts.

I'm gonna try and make it out to Camp either this weekend or next week sometime before camp breaks, just to see for myself who's impressing me and who's not, but right now, it's still a crap shoot.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyRaven318 View Post
I wouldn't say that's true at all unless you've just been reading the Sun(Preston seems to have a pretty big Troy bias). Each QB has had it's great days, and each QB has had its ugly days, but all 3 have been inconsistent at best. It's still a wide-open race by all accounts.

I'm gonna try and make it out to Camp either this weekend or next week sometime before camp breaks, just to see for myself who's impressing me and who's not, but right now, it's still a crap shoot.
The more important concern, to me, is the offensive line. With the inexperience and injuries right now, no matter who wins the job will likely get killed anyway.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-06-2008, 07:25 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

Quote:
The more important concern, to me, is the offensive line. With the inexperience and injuries right now, no matter who wins the job will likely get killed anyway.
That is also very true, your QB is only as good as the line that protects it, especially with the three we have.
Old 08-07-2008, 02:45 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Don't read too much into it...it's a fairly easy choice because of expierience.
Old 08-07-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarey20 View Post
Don't read too much into it...it's a fairly easy choice because of expierience.
That and Flacco sucks something fierce.......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-08-2008, 05:41 PM    (permalink
StrongSide97
Rookie

StrongSide97 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I just saw on the ESPN Bottomline that Troy Smith will start the second pre-season game against the Vikings.
StrongSide97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 07:00 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know its only 1 pre-season game but..........

Can we get in the Chad Pennington sweepstakes????

OMFG!!!!

Kyle looked good but, same old story - great night if you eliminate the turnovers.

Troy looked ok, but he overthrows balls and has zero touch on his passes EVER!!!

Flacco looked like a guy that played at Delaware and had no business being picked in the 1st rd. BTW does he have cinder blocks for feet or what? I've never seen anything so slow in my life, he makes Elvis Grbac look like a track star.

Im not a CP fan but Jesus Horatio Christ our 3 QBs look like we'll be battling for that #1 overall pick.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 10:20 PM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
I know its only 1 pre-season game but..........

Can we get in the Chad Pennington sweepstakes????

OMFG!!!!

Kyle looked good but, same old story - great night if you eliminate the turnovers.

Troy looked ok, but he overthrows balls and has zero touch on his passes EVER!!!

Flacco looked like a guy that played at Delaware and had no business being picked in the 1st rd. BTW does he have cinder blocks for feet or what? I've never seen anything so slow in my life, he makes Elvis Grbac look like a track star.

Im not a CP fan but Jesus Horatio Christ our 3 QBs look like we'll be battling for that #1 overall pick.
I highly doubted that we'd get Pennington once he hit the market, and the Dolphins have him now anyways.

I personally thought all 3 were just bad, but Joe has an excuse. as it's his first game. Kyle should have made better decisions later on, especially since he had such a great start that his two garbage plays that we tend to see in most games from him killed it for him.

Troy's starting next week, so it'll be interesting to see him run the first team..or what's left of it after this week.
Old 08-08-2008, 11:03 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Mark Clayton should be the QB and we should just run the option......

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-09-2008, 08:10 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mark Clayton should be the QB and we should just run the option......
He should it's not like he's going to do anything as a wideout, hell put Troy Smith out there, he's literally jumping on the field to try to catch a ball.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 12:37 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was at the morning practice and I gotta say............

Troy is looking awful, he threw 3 awful INTs during the live portion of the morning. Kyle was Kyle, he had 2 or 3 great throws and then a bad throw and he threw a pick. Flacco looked like a guy who shouldnt be in the NFL right now, but hopefully he matures and gets his feet under him.

The most impressive guy size wise is definitely Trevor Pryce......what a beast!!!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-10-2008, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dear god after watching the 1st game, these QBs suck!!!!!!!!!!! For god sakes they make the Rice pick look good because we need a lot of running play. because Ray should be getting 10-15 carries while McGahee gets 20ish, these QBs can not be trusted to throw a lot.

But being optimistic lets see how the O-line does when the LT isnt doing construction a week before the game. Yes Flacco has a big learning curve, considering he played against a team full of guys who wont make the NFL, but he still looked like he is fighting for a roster spot.

Dear god this wont be fun.

Last edited by Ravens1991 : 08-10-2008 at 11:59 AM.
Ravens1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Can we at least take a look at Daunte? I mean I don't necessarily think he is better than Kyle but Jesus somethin has to be done!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 08-12-2008, 09:23 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDC what we do but something has to go down. Boller has the strong arm, mobility, and movie star good looks but he cant stop the turnovers. Smith is a bit of a unknown but he didnt look good, and I dont even wanna get into Flacco. The thing w/ Daunte is we gotta cut a young QB and I like them.