Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

Old 08-08-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default NFC East Rookies

Hey dudes and dudettes...

As the preseason begins we'll finally start to see some of the rookies that we got this year so things should start to look interesting soon.

I just started this thread for NFC East rookie talk.

So far we've seen the Redskins and Giants and I must say.. the rookies look good. ...and I'm not just talking about Colt Brennan, who got my bones excited! :D

That Horton hears a Who guy looks like a future stud in the making.

Tank Phillips looked active and aggressive all over the field. Damnit.

Terrell Thomas had some ups and downs, but he's a guy who I raved about leading up to the draft. My fab 4 were CDR, Thomas, Charles Godfrey and Antoine Cason. ...those were the guys that I liked who I thought were in our draft range. Had I known Jenkins would be there, I would've had a Fab 5.

Anyways... there were some guys that I was really pissed off that your teams drafted... Devin Thomas, Colt Brennan, Terrell Thomas, Jonathan Goff to name a few...

Whatever thoughts you have on the rookies feel free to share.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2008, 11:33 PM    (permalink
ALD
Rookie

ALD hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Really sucks that Goff is probably out for the season, especially given how active he was.
ALD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:06 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know what you mean I was kind of mad that someone with the talent of Phillips fell to the giants and then I was really pissed when they took Mario Manningham because he was my favorite wr in all of college football last year and coming into the draft and I really think if he can keep his head on straight he's going to be special. So far our late round picks performed well now if only Thomas and Kelly could get into shape.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:37 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD View Post
Really sucks that Goff is probably out for the season, especially given how active he was.
that's hard blow to swallow

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
That's what she said.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
tehehehe

:) :D
eaglesfan_45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD View Post
That's devastating... It'll be tough to come back.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:15 AM    (permalink
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
That's devastating... It'll be tough to come back.
Thankfully it looks like we have some depth at linebacker now (Though depending on performances this year that could change in a heatbeat).

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It pained me to see Goff get hurt. I think that he could be a really really special player. Now with this injury, I don't know if he'll ever be the same, his career may be over.

I can only speak for the Giants, but I'll say that i personally liked what i saw from Terrell Thomas and Kenny Phillips. Both those guys look like theyre going to be really good players in my eyes. Phillips was all over the field, looked real good in coverage too, making the right reads etc. Thomas missed a tackle, and tipped a ball that got caught, but he was in position all night and i think he'll be a really good player with some fine tuning.

I also was extremely excited about Goff, but as you guys know, i don't know what will happen with him anymore.

Kehl seemed ok, nothing special so far, Mario didn't play, Woodson didn't play, and that DE seemed ok but nothing to rave about.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:50 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Devin Thomas and Malcolm Kelly are yet to play in two games but Thomas could play next week, however both before their injuries Zorn said were not in good shape, and neither passed their physical tests. As for the other guys Fred Davis has looked very impressive, especially in blocking. He has done well blocking and is hard to cover in the flats, he and Cooley create a dangerous 2 TE set. Chris Horton looked amazing first game but sat out the second with an illness, he looks amazing and could wreck havoc with Landry in the future. Chad Rhinehart has looked like a stud shining at both the guard and tackle spot. Colt was great first game, second game not as much but he only got limited time and had some pass protection issues. Rob Jackson was good first game but was invisible the second. Justin Tyron despite being a highish pick has looked pretty bad. He is very small and not very fast. Projects as a career 4th or 5th corner at best. Durant Brooks probably has the edge to beat Frost for the punting job, and could be a real weapon on special teams.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:06 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.eaglesfan_45 smells like sex panther.

Joe Mays was hitting very well, he was dishing out the big hits and he was impressive.

Trevor Laws got the one and only Eagles sack last night, he looked good.

DeSean Jackson was the Eagles star the other night. He disproved the knocks on his game. Desean linked up very well with Kevin Kolb and seemed to get open with ease, catching everything that came his way. He led all recievers on the night with 5 catches for 51 yards. What was most impressive is that he made tough catches over the middle, took a big hit, made a really nice adjustment on a ball McNabb threw just behind him, and displayed a pretty good ability to catch short stuff and turn upfield for positive yardage.

Andy Studebaker looked good for playing LB for the first time. He also lined up at DE on some plays. He was actually playing really well for playing LB for the first time.

Quintin Demps looked good on special teams. He was good in coverage.

I also liked what I saw from King Dunlap, I never really saw him get beat badly. I only saw him get beat once and then he took a holding penalty instead of letting Feeley get hit. He showed intensity on that last play of the Eagles drive.

Bryan Smith wasn't overly impressive. Didn't really see Mike McGlynn or Mike Gibson.
Old 08-11-2008, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Felix Jones and Mike Jenkins really looked good and they played against the charger first team. Tashard Choice also looked good, but he was going against second and third team guys.

Everyone else was meh.

Martellus Bennett had some drops and didn't take advantage of his time in the game. Afterwords he admitted playing like ****. Hopefully this gets his ass in gear, if not, I'm afraid we might have drafted someone with a real bad attitude.

I didn't notice Orlando Scandrick, although some will say he played well. I guess if I didn't notice a cb that's ok. At least he wasn't getting torched.

Erik Walden didn't do anything and Danny Amendola showed why he was a UDFA.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 07:35 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Goff's injury seems to be just a fracture and he may be back for week 4 in preseason.

Kenny Phillips is ridiculous. He's gonna be a stizzud. not just a stud, but a stizzud. he's THAT good.

Thomas has been ok thus far, and Manningham is an idiot. like legit moron. like IQ of a lamp post.

But Bryan Kehl's looking VERY good and could very well compete for the final OLB starting spot
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:04 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
Goff's injury seems to be just a fracture and he may be back for week 4 in preseason.

Kenny Phillips is ridiculous. He's gonna be a stizzud. not just a stud, but a stizzud. he's THAT good.

Thomas has been ok thus far, and Manningham is an idiot. like legit moron. like IQ of a lamp post.

But Bryan Kehl's looking VERY good and could very well compete for the final OLB starting spot
Kehl didn't impress me that much honestly. I think so far its more training camp hype than actual truth to it.

I have a good feeling about Phillips, but let's not anoint him yet lol. I have a good feeling about Thomas, he reminds me a lot of Aaron Ross, whom btw I expect to become a shut down CB this year.

If Thomas can give us what Ross did last year, and Ross takes the next step, and Phillips plays the way I think he'll play, we suddenly will have a very good secondary, and thats not even asking for much honestly, its very possible that that scenario can play out. Our SS situation is terrible though. Its like we have our own Roy Williams out there at SS. Im hoping Michael Johnson can show us something, we need him to.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Philly had a really good draft too. In fact, I think the entire NFC East had a good draft.

Dallas didn't need much, they needed 2 players, and they got em in Jenkins, and the Jones/Choice combo.

Philly had a very good draft with Laws, and Stewart leading the way. FA was great too with Samuel and Clemon.

Washington had a great draft. What I never got with Washington was why they kept giving away draft picks, when they have actually been a really good drafting team whenever they had a chance to draft players. I like Davis a lot, the WR duo fits the scheme, they can have a potent offense.

The Giants, i'll reserve judgement on my own team, but I really like what we did if Im allowed to speculate this early.
Old 08-12-2008, 10:53 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

devin thomas is back at practice and supposedly tearing it up. he will probably get some playing time against the jets this upcoming weekend.
Old 08-12-2008, 02:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
devin thomas is back at practice and supposedly tearing it up. he will probably get some playing time against the jets this upcoming weekend.
Well lets hope that's the only thing he'll be tearing. His upside is intriguing though, good size and speed. I really like him but I think it will be 2 or 3 years until we really see him become a starting caliber WR. Malcolm Kelly should make an impact sooner as our biggest redzone threat but the guy I am most excited about making an impact early on is Fred Davis. He is such a natural pass catching threat, and has been surprisingly a good blocker. He and Cooley will provide fits for defenses when we run 2 TE sets.

Old 08-14-2008, 11:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesfan_45
Veteran

Demps tipped that last throw that Justin Roland intercepted, thats a good thing for the young safety. Quintin Demps is the Eagles best KR, Booker isn't catching kickoffs and DeSean Jackson does too much dancing around, Demps runs foward and with some power.

DeSean Jackson with another good performance in the pre-season. He was the MVP of the game IMO. He is playing great, he's not afraid to go over the middle, he can take a hit and he has really good hands. He is Kevin Kolb's favorite target by far. If the ball wasn't so slippery and McNabb hadn't overthrown that one play where he was wide open, DeSean would have had 10+ catches 100+ yards and a TD, and then he goes and leads the way for a Tony Hunt TD! I am amazed by DeSean and I think the Eagles have a massive steal on their hands.

Studebaker and Joe Mays impressed again, Mays was hitting people and Studebaker made some plays, I saw Studebaker struggle against the pass but he is good against the run and a good pas rusher, he stripped Toefield of the ball.

Bryan Smith had a good night, he was rushing the passer really well and made some tackles in the run game. I think I saw him at SLB on one play but I'm not sure.
Old 09-10-2008, 07:11 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DeSean Jackson > all. kthxbai
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:40 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
DeSean Jackson > all. kthxbai
Chris Horton>>>>All. 7th round rookie, rediculous value, could be a star safety in the league especially with Landry protecting his back he can roam around and wreck havoc. 2 Int's, 1 fumble recovery and the big 3rd down tackle for the game were just starters for him.

Old 09-14-2008, 06:51 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they let Horton start but damnnnnn they prolly will give it back to Deaf Boy.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-16-2008, 08:29 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Desean Jackson looks like he will be a nice player in the league, really fits in well with their system. Cowboys rookies were beastly last night. Jenkins with that huge tip and Jones dominating the return game. Very impressive.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 09-16-2008, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with all of that, if DeSean doesn't make an ass out of himself anymore he could be a great WR, Mike Jenkins looked great on the pass deflection and I was scared everytime Felix Jones was back there on KR (even before the TD)
Old 09-16-2008, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I agree with all of that, if DeSean doesn't make an ass out of himself anymore he could be a great WR, Mike Jenkins looked great on the pass deflection and I was scared everytime Felix Jones was back there on KR (even before the TD)
I'm willing to cut DeSean a break. Kid scored a TD in a big, close game and got a little excited. Was it dumb? Yes. Will it happen again? No.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 10:56 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Jackson is shaping up to be OROY. Either him or Chris Johnson. Maybe McFadden if he has a couple more games like the last one.

No one has grabbed DROY by the balls yet.