Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 08-12-2008, 01:18 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Injuries.........

PJ Daniels and Prescott Burgess were both placed on Injured Reserve.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...0,746248.story

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We released Justin Green too. I was a big fan of his. He was a good special teamer. And I just read on KFFL that we signed Lorenzo Neal? I thought he was done with football. But the reason Harbaugh said we released Green is because he needed numbers at other positions...
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmmm, Billicks camp cream puff doesn't look so bad now does it? This is what you get when a young guy with no experience comes in and gets all the power!

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so since 2 stars are missing pre-season but will be ready for the opener, and 2 players that would be lucky extremly luckly to get a start go on IR that a TC that is actually hard is a bad thing? I dont get it. I see hard work and intensity that hasnt been in a Billick camp for years.
Old 08-12-2008, 09:37 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
so since 2 stars are missing pre-season but will be ready for the opener, and 2 players that would be lucky extremly luckly to get a start go on IR that a TC that is actually hard is a bad thing? I dont get it. I see hard work and intensity that hasnt been in a Billick camp for years.
The point is this Harbaugh regime is an injury waiting to happen because our team is adding to the injured list each day.

Anyway, Burgess and Daniels were injury waived which means they are no longer Baltimore Ravens.

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...ry_solved.html

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

Old 08-12-2008, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

dang I understand Daniels, but I liked Burgess I thought he could be decent.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Well, I think that with Daniels gone, Allen Patrick is a lock for the 3rd String running back. Cory Ross isn't much competition for Patrick, so I guess that this pick does make sense.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:39 AM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Hmmm, Billicks camp cream puff doesn't look so bad now does it? This is what you get when a young guy with no experience comes in and gets all the power!
It really doesn't have much to do with how the camp is being run, it's just the same thing year after year with this team. Petty, nagging injuries that are milked by lazy players (mostly veterans who's jobs are safe). It's just the way things are with the team, it's been that way for the past few years now.
Old 08-13-2008, 11:33 AM    (permalink
ChewyRaven318
Rookie

ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.ChewyRaven318 could make a wolverine purr.

I mean I don't think either guy had a chance of making the roster, especially Daniels, but if Burgess can't play a full season in this league, he's basically useless, but I can see him landing on another team's practice squad in '09..hell, we might even re-sign him. Plus we're already LOADED at Linebacker. Thankfully the only part of this team not hit dramatically by the injury bug.
ChewyRaven318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChewyRaven318 View Post
I mean I don't think either guy had a chance of making the roster, especially Daniels, but if Burgess can't play a full season in this league, he's basically useless, but I can see him landing on another team's practice squad in '09..hell, we might even re-sign him. Plus we're already LOADED at Linebacker. Thankfully the only part of this team not hit dramatically by the injury bug.
We're not exactly loaded at linebacker:

Ray Lewis
Bart Scott
Terrell Suggs

All of these guys are in contract years, and whats that leave us with going into next year:

Tavares Gooden (1 year if he stays healthy and gets time)
Dan Cody (do we need to go there)
Antwann Barnes
Nick Griesen
Jarrett Johnson
Edgar Jones
Gary Stills
Brendan Ayenbadejo

The last 2 are Special Teamers and both may not even make the team this year.

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote:

Old 08-14-2008, 01:01 AM    (permalink
Yung Flippa
Veteran

Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Yung Flippa hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Tavares Gooden is in a contract year? His contract is a 3-year deal.

Baltimore: 7-4
Yung Flippa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ray Bart and Tsizzle are in their contract year.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:34 AM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yung Flippa View Post
Tavares Gooden is in a contract year? His contract is a 3-year deal.
Ray, Bart, and Sizzle are in contract years. I thought my explanation was pretty easy to read.....

Magical sig by OSUGiants

Quote:
Quote: