Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 02-06-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
Busch sucks.

Canadian beer mostly sucks.

People in St. Louis don't even really understand what beer is.
Canadian beer > you

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
cooool. ya could've spit on my house from there. assuming you were at the one off of hwy 29.

yeah, New Glarus Raspberry Tart has one a few awards. It's decent..exactly what the name implies. very fruity and very tart. pretty good selection.

Woodman's gives me wood every time i walk in there...wonder if that's how they got the name...anyway..i need to go there...or just drink good beer. hosted a mexican themed new year's party and i got waaaaaay too much mexi beer. so now i can't buy new stuff until i get rid of the piss water i have in my basement right now.
Would that be the Woodman's on Dousman?

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
Would that be the Woodman's on Dousman?
that would be the one.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 View Post
I stopped by Woodmans in Green Bay today. They had a nice selection to choose from. I did laugh a bit when I saw some things like Bud Ice and the Bud Light with Clamato. However I did grab a New Glarus Rasberry Tart while I was there. It is supposed to be very good. I am hoping for the best.
woodmans!

we're better because we're employee owned!

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My buddy has been raving about this beer that he drinks down in the ATL called Sweetwater 420. He just came back with some so I'm gonna try it tonight.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Busch is as cheap as I'll go. It isn't very good, but it's "drinkable" in my opinion. I'll drink Busch before I drink some of the garbage that Bud puts out.

I bought a six pack of Magic Hat #9 the other day. I was not impressed. I've heard great things about it, but I did not understand the hype.
Just like fat Tire perhaps. Hype can lead people to think a beer is good before even before they taste it.

Drowe, You are the one whom I actually credit for fascinating me with Bells.. You never answered me to whether or not you had Bells Hopslam yet?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
My buddy has been raving about this beer that he drinks down in the ATL called Sweetwater 420. He just came back with some so I'm gonna try it tonight.
Never had the 420, but when I was in ATL a few years ago, I guess I had their orange weiss which was pretty good.
Old 02-06-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Just like fat Tire perhaps. Hype can lead people to think a beer is good before even before they taste it.

Drowe, You are the one whom I actually credit for fascinating me with Bells.. You never answered me to whether or not you had Bells Hopslam yet?
oh yeah..sorry. must've missed this before..but, yeah, i've had Hopslam..and as with most double IPAs, greatly enjoyed it.

but, if i'm in a hoppy mood and i'm getting Bell's, i'm going with the Two Hearted Ale most times. just a good, unique IPA.

really like their Winter White Ale too.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i still say fat tire is excellent in denver (or fort collins, if you can stand that crappy town long enough to get to the brewery). elsewhere? meh.

otoh, magic hat sucks pretty much anywhere i've had it.
agreed. and agreed.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody here ever have the holy grail of beer, Westvleteren? Here is a great article on it if you've never heard of it -

http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...eer-usat_x.htm

and a quick review -

Quote:
Dark brown with only a small beige head. Extremely complex with notes of plums, raisins and perhaps some chocolate as well. Starts sweetish but ends with a fig-like driness. Hops are present but only to balance things, they never dominate. Westvleteren 12 is a revelation, a truly heavenly experience - the kind of beer that explodes with flavours in your mouth giving you new impressions each and every time. And if you store this it only gets better. More a meal than a drink. Excellent, excellent.
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
oh yeah..sorry. must've missed this before..but, yeah, i've had Hopslam..and as with most double IPAs, greatly enjoyed it.

but, if i'm in a hoppy mood and i'm getting Bell's, i'm going with the Two Hearted Ale most times. just a good, unique IPA.

Oh yeah two hearted is awesome but a local bar here always has it on tap for 3 dollar talls, so i wanted to try something different. Not to mention hopslam is seasonal.

Quote:
i still say fat tire is excellent in denver (or fort collins, if you can stand that crappy town long enough to get to the brewery). elsewhere? meh.
Meh, just not my taste. It's become the generic standard for " dank" beer around these parts and I don't like it one bit.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 02-08-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Agreed. While the idea of having Fat Tire outside of Colorado was once thrilling, drinking the beer itself is a let down... too much hype, not enough taste.

Quote:

Oberon......... my favorite beer of all time

I have been drinking tons of Sprecher Hefe. My friend gave me 9 free cases.... free beer tastes better than all other beers! :)
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002 twista6002

My liquor store has tall cans of High Life for $1.06 it's freakin sweet :)
twista6002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
My liquor store has tall cans of High Life for $1.06 it's freakin sweet :)
When I was at SXSW, the cheapest beer at all the bars was tall boys of High Life. There is a convenience store at the end of my street I go to from time to time to get beer when I dont want to drive to the liquor store that sells 32oz cans of High Life Light for $1.50

Also, can someone tell me what Steel Reserve is? I saw it there last night and it was next to cans of Keystone Ice so I can only imagine it's bad.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:54 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
When I was at SXSW, the cheapest beer at all the bars was tall boys of High Life. There is a convenience store at the end of my street I go to from time to time to get beer when I dont want to drive to the liquor store that sells 32oz cans of High Life Light for $1.50
Little bit of a ripoff, at least compared to my $1.06.

I remember a Circle K down from where I used to live had 32 oz for .79! My dad told them to go in the back and just give him the case. He cleared out our entire fridge and filled it up with 32 oz High Lifes and took pictures.
Old 02-08-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Also, can someone tell me what Steel Reserve is?
Diarrhea in a can.

they get smoked.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Steel Reserve = the most foul tasting beer you'll ever drink.

The ole "Duce 11"
Old 02-09-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
Steel Reserve = the most foul tasting beer you'll ever drink.

The ole "Duce 11"
Like I said earlier, Steel Reserve tastes better coming back out than it does going in...
Old 02-09-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
twista6002
Veteran

Has anyone ever tried Camo?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

This thread has come to Steel Reserve and camo. :(

they get smoked.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This thread has come to Steel Reserve and camo. :(
For lunch I had this:

delicious as always.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
For lunch I had this:

delicious as always.
For lunch? Alchy.

they get smoked.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
For lunch? Alchy.
One pint makes me an alchy? Eh, fine with me.

Old 02-09-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For lunch? Alchy.

I could drink that for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Love it.

BTW, for anyone in South Florida, check out the beer list at my local bar here in Hollywood -

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...did=569 18710

Anyone else ever been?
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
One pint makes me an alchy? Eh, fine with me.
I was only kidding I'm a big promoter of anytime- beers. One of my favorites is the occasional shower beer.

they get smoked.