Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-24-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BY new belgium. It's real good.

I've also had the chance to really drink DOgfish head 90 min IPA after being on the east coast. It was alright, but certianly not as good as some of you led me to believe. I definitely prefer Bells Two hearted ale over it.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 08-24-2009 at 11:59 PM.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post

BY new belgium. It's real good.
yes. hoptoberfest tastes every bit as awesome as the name sounds. loved it.

i was, however, disappointed with the Abbey Trippel.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
you need new taste buds.
i could see that it doesn't quite hit everyone's 'spot' though...

there's probably something wrong with their spot... but...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:55 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are you a fan of Octoberfest Beers?
Are you going to be in Philly on the 19th?
Are you over 21?

If you said yes to all these things then check this out.
http://www.phillybeerfests.com/

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Are you a fan of Octoberfest Beers?
Are you going to be in Philly on the 19th?
Are you over 21?

If you said yes to all these things then check this out.
http://www.phillybeerfests.com/
Märzenbier?

YUMYUMYUM

Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
Märzenbier?

YUMYUMYUM
I just got a short list of the beer that is going to be there

Spaten Oktoberfest & Pilsner
Franziskaner Weissbier
Hacker-Pschorr Oktoberfest
Paulaner Oktoberfest
Arcadia Jaw Jacker Pumpkin
Ayinger Oktoberfest
Blue Moon Harvest

Dock Street Great Pumpkin - I've had they always don't make enough and run out in a week but it is fantastic.

Dogfish Head Punkin
Elysian Night Owl Pumpkin
Erie Fallenbock & Rye-bender
Flying Fish Oktoberfish
Harpoon Oktoberfest
Roy Pitz Gobbler Lager & Ichobod's Midnight Ride Belgian Pumpkin

Samuel Adams Oktoberfest - Another that I enjoy.

Saranac Pumpkin - Not close to the Dock Street.

Sly Fox Oktoberfest & Pikeland Pils
Stegmaier Oktoberfest
Stoudt's Oktoberfest & Pumpkin ESB
Twin Lakes Oktoberfest
Victory Fest
Weyerbacher Imperial Pumpkin & Autumn Fest
Wolaver's Organic Oktoberfest
Yards Spruce & Cape of Good Hope IPA

Anyone know of these? Which should I hit first?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-01-2009, 11:01 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
blue moon and sam adams? was the bouncer not looking when their reps rushed the door? ugh.
sadly, those will probably be the biggest sellers.
Old 09-11-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
yes. hoptoberfest tastes every bit as awesome as the name sounds. loved it.

i was, however, disappointed with the Abbey Trippel.
Yes it sure was.

I bought that Abbey trippel and the blue paddle pilsner. They're both Crap. Most brews by New Belgium are.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 09-11-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

With a little disposable income lately I've been exploring some new beers. I started with this little gem.

This is the first time I've ever really disagreed with Beer Advocate. But this beer was delicious. Victory is quickly coming my favorite brewery.

I look forward to September / October because that means it is pumpkin ale season. I saw this in the local beer outlet and grabbed a six pack.

I did enjoy this beer alot but I can't really say that it was particularly impressive considering it is a pumpkin ale.

Lastly I always heard people talking about this beer when they went to beer bars but never tried it.

I believe they call this beer Blithering Idiot because after you drink two of them you become a blithering idiot. Very high alcohol content and a taste almost of brown sugar. The thing I really liked about it is that in spite of the high alcohol content it doesn't taste like alcohol (you know the after taste you get from a shot of vodka yeah that taste) instead you get almost a sweet flavor.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-14-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

After work this weekend I was about 45 minutes early for my train I saw this place near the 16th street station.

I took a quick look at the beer list and saw the Blind Pig IPA from Russian River Brewing Co. which I have heard is one of the best breweries in the country. I must say this is by far the best IPA I've ever tasted and has overtaken Duvel as the best best beer I've had. It was hoppy (is that a word?) with a hit of citrus and an awesome finish that I didn't get tired of.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-14-2009, 10:48 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
you need new taste buds.
So do you.
You like fat tire. ;)

they get smoked.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

any one know some good local Denver brews?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
I believe Coors Light is a famous one in and around Denver.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
http://www.hulu.com/watch/16037/beer...ver#s-p1-so-i0

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-14-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I believe Coors Light is a famous one in and around Denver.
I meant micros, not Coors. Although, my friend who I am going to see lives with in a bike ride of the plant, and apparently you can get misprinted 12 packs for like dirt cheap.

Old 09-14-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Besides Fat Tire, doesn't New Belgium have a lot of good stuff?

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I meant micros, not Coors. Although, my friend who I am going to see lives with in a bike ride of the plant, and apparently you can get misprinted 12 packs for like dirt cheap.
http://beeradvocate.com/beerfly/city/7

Here is a good place to start as well. They usually guide me correctly.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 09-21-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fat Tire's probably their worst beer. They have a bunch. My faves are 1554 and 2 Below (Winter seasonal).
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
there's a flying dog brewery, breckenridge brewery, great divide off the top of my head in denver proper. if you get up towards boulder or fort collins there are a few others.

if you're looking for a liquor store, applejack in golden (right off i-70 at like, 32nd or something) is probably your best bet to find good things. last time i was there, they had the beer selection set up by in-state stuff, and the guys working the area really knew their stuff.

if you're looking for good beer bars... vine street pub (17th and vine) always has a solid selection, although it's not really a go and get housed kind of place.
Is there a flying dog brewery still in Colorado? Cause I know they have one in Maryland too. Not sure if they moved to MD or just opened a second brewery there.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
I highly enjoyed Hoptoberfest.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there an overwhelming opinion as to the best beer to do a brat in??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

For those curious about my Denver trip, I ended up spending a chuck of an afternoon throwing back pitchers with some friends at the Wynkoop Brewery. it was pretty damn tasty. I think I enjoyed all their beers but that milk stout was just delightful.

Old 09-21-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
hobbes2053
Pro Bowler

hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hobbes2053 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes.

worker bees can leave
even drones can fly away
the queen is their slave

themaninblack
hobbes2053 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 06:54 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Is there an overwhelming opinion as to the best beer to do a brat in??
i cook my brats with the same beer i cook my turkey.

Point.

FYI. stick a stick of butter in a turkeys ass. Stick a can of point lager in the butt (open of course), cook to perfection.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
FYI. stick a stick of butter in a turkeys ass. Stick a can of point lager in the butt (open of course), cook to perfection.
AQ has what we call an "anal fixation"