Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-29-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
*shrug* i don't entirely disagree when i'm out of state. i'm not big on fat tire (although, given the reputation, i end up a lot of places where it's fate tire or coors light and that's an easy choice). i have found that fat tire tastes... different, i guess, out of state. they may suck at shipping or something. but in all honesty, blue paddle to me is like a better labatts (which i dig) and 2 below is just excellent.

but then, i think killians is utterly atrocious, and i'm sure that would garner a fair amount of disagreement, too.
I guess I just think there are much better breweries in Coloradical I'd much much rather drink.
Killians Is crap too. Come to think of it, I actually don't really like red beers in general.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Hmmm.. could be a regional thing. I rarely ever see Oberon around here, and Two hearted is on tap at many places.
No, you're right. I think most would consider Two Hearted their flagship since Oberon is a seasonal- which is probably why you rarely see it. If I saw Oberon in the winter months, I wouldn't buy it and I'd be looking for dates on any beers I bought at that store.
Old 10-29-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't disagree in general. new belgium is typically my least favorite major local.

speaking of which, i think i'm going to the halloween party at great divide tomorrow. that should be... um. sober.
The great divide, I've been there. ha

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason View Post
No, you're right. I think most would consider Two Hearted their flagship since Oberon is a seasonal- which is probably why you rarely see it. If I saw Oberon in the winter months, I wouldn't buy it and I'd be looking for dates on any beers I bought at that store.
That's kind of what I figured. You get Bells all the way out there in Oregon?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I guess I just think there are much better breweries in Coloradical I'd much much rather drink.
Booooooo.

I did enjoy all the Wynkoop brews though.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Booooooo.

I did enjoy all the Wynkoop brews though.
You got a problem with Coloradical?

they get smoked.

Old 10-29-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I'm a beer homer I really really love this beer its very hoppy and a citrus after taste but yet so much more it even makes my burps taste good.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You got a problem with Coloradical?
I thought that you were dissing the state of Colorado.

Old 10-30-2009, 09:44 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My current favorite, and best beer I've tried in a long time:

Victory Brewing Company - Hop Devil.

Their Storm King Stout is a solid Russian Imperial type stout.

PROST!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

PROST!
i always see stuff from that brewery...been meaning to try it. maybe this weekend...

i'm going to the Packer game. gonna tailgate a lot. it's gonna be cold, so i was thinking of doing a 'mix a 6 pack' of winter/fall beers.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
i always see stuff from that brewery...been meaning to try it. maybe this weekend...

i'm going to the Packer game. gonna tailgate a lot. it's gonna be cold, so i was thinking of doing a 'mix a 6 pack' of winter/fall beers.
Victory's Octoberfest or Festbier as they call it, I think is the best Octoberfest out there.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post

PROST!
Hop Devil = win ( Its from Downing PA just a short trip away from my house woot woot!)

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-30-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Victory's Octoberfest or Festbier as they call it, I think is the best Octoberfest out there.
tits. thanks.

maybe woodman's will have a variety 12 pack or something.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
tits. thanks.

maybe woodman's will have a variety 12 pack or something.
I've never seen a variety pack from them. But I'd try and get that festbier while you can. They release all the seasonal beers a month too early and take them off the shelves a month too early as well.
Old 10-30-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
curious, did anyone get the stone vertical epic 09? try one yet? and has anyone opened the 07 or 08 lately?
09 is really good. A stout. I have an 07 and 08 but am saving it for 2012. I remember I didn't like 07 when I first had it. I'd recommend getting the 13th anniversary ale. A hoppy red ale. Also really good.

I was at the Stone Brewery three weeks ago. It's really cool there.
Old 10-30-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

victory makes my favorite barley wine

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
the brewery?

it's creepy to hear that people you only know on the internet have been within a literal stone's throw of your house.
Ha, maybe you shouldn't tell me you live right by there then.

they get smoked.

Old 10-30-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
it was creepier when brent mentioned being at the wynkoop. i was there at least one night the weekend he said he was there.
I was there in the afternoon. We were the only people upstairs, playing pool and ****. Don't worry, it wasnt like either of us would have recognized one another.

Old 10-30-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Quote:
there's just something about meeting people you know from the internet...
Honestly, I don't think that's really all that taboo any more.

By the way, I miss having a large liquor store around so I could buy premium beers on the cheap. All the places around here jack up the prices.

Old 10-30-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was thinking of trying one of the following tonight:

Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown Ale or Bell's Winter White Ale

Anyone reccommend one over the other? I'll probably end up trying both, but which one should I try first?
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Guess what guys! That's right its time for another seasonal beer fest in Philly!!!

52 Breweries from around the country (and some foreign) I've only tried have these breweries anyone have any thoughts on the rest of them?

http://www.winterbeerfest.com/index.php/vendors.html

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 11-06-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

my plans for the evening:

Old 11-06-2009, 11:03 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still love Blue Moon.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I was thinking of trying one of the following tonight:

Leinenkugel's Fireside Nut Brown Ale or Bell's Winter White Ale

Anyone reccommend one over the other? I'll probably end up trying both, but which one should I try first?
I like 'em both.

If you like white beers, get the bells. if ya want to try a chocolatey beer that's NOT a stout, get the nut brown.

if it's me, i'm gettin the Bell's White because that's my favorite winter beer.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
OregonDucks
Rookie

OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.OregonDucks is a cocksman.

My plans for the evening..... A nice frothy IPA.
OregonDucks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Still love Blue Moon.
Next time try these you'll never drink blue moon again.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote: