Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 08-13-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I get off work tonight (at 10), I'm gonna swing by the liquor store and by some expensive beer. And it will be awesome.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
When I get off work tonight (at 10), I'm gonna swing by the liquor store and by some expensive beer. And it will be awesome.
a night of downing heavy beers has left me lethargic and full.

I think that is why I dig on light beers. I can just keep pounding them all night and maintain my buzz. plus, after a while of heavy beers, my mouth has a coffee-esque taste.

I need to buy some liquor :\

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to go home and be lethargic and full. I can smoke, eat pork roast, drink heavy beer and watch a movie.

Geez, my social life is pretty dull the weekend before school kicks off again. Sigh.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
a night of downing heavy beers has left me lethargic and full.

plus, after a while of heavy beers, my mouth has a coffee-esque taste.
Sounds pretty amazing to me. Must be the German in me.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:49 PM    (permalink
Hollywood
Veteran

Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hollywood is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want to go home and be lethargic and full. I can smoke, eat pork roast, drink heavy beer and watch a movie.

Geez, my social life is pretty dull the weekend before school kicks off again. Sigh.
That sounds like the opposite of a dull night to me...
Hollywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
-anything by St. Bernardus
-Dogfish Head 90 Minute IPA
-Lone Star
-Charles Tayolor wine ($2 buck chuck!)
-Arrogant Bastard
-Three Philosophers
Looked for St. Bernardus and TP. They didn't have either.

Went with this:

And I can say that it's one of the best beers I've ever had.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post

This is quite good.
I talked to the bartender at the Canuck Bar I go to here in New York, we're gonna try and get some

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 12:24 AM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

This is what I came home with...

Old 08-14-2010, 01:10 AM    (permalink
El Peefs?????
Pro Bowler

El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.El Peefs????? is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I posted this in the RDT but got no response, maybe others who enjoy beer will be as repulsed as I was.

Anyway, saw this at a fairly local liquor store as I was stopped at a light and snapped a picture.

Ed Hardy f'ing beer, simply disgusting.
El Peefs????? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:15 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when I see something like that, my brain refuses to accept that it's real and ignores it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 01:51 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, when I saw the Ed Hardy stuff in the premium section of my beer place I was pissed.
Old 08-14-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The liquor store I used to work at sold that as well. We never sell any.

Delirium Tremons is delicious and it is one of the better beers out there.

I hope that Stone Imperial IPA is sold around me because I need to try that badly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just one of dozens of great beers from an absolutely amazing microbrewery near where I was raised.

http://www.southerntierbrewing.com/index2.html
Old 08-14-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had this with a good burger yesterday, got better with every drink.

Old 08-14-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Someone gave me a taste of his Creme Brulee stout last night at the Flying Saucer. I'd have to split it between 2-3 people because it's just too sweet, but it's ******* gooooood!

Also, had the Dieu de Ciel Aphrodite (rare beer) a couple weeks ago. Scrumptious indeed, Job. Worth the $10 I paid for a glass (they had it on tap).

Last edited by nepg : 08-14-2010 at 06:25 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I hope that Stone Imperial IPA is sold around me because I need to try that badly.
It's ******* delicious.
Old 08-15-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
I talked to the bartender at the Canuck Bar I go to here in New York, we're gonna try and get some
Great. Tell me how you like it if it works out.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Someone gave me a taste of his Creme Brulee stout last night at the Flying Saucer. I'd have to split it between 2-3 people because it's just too sweet, but it's ******* gooooood!
Glad to see that Souther Tier Brewing Company is getting their products out there.
Old 08-20-2010, 07:47 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had a Rising Moon Summer Ale in SF this wk, they should have left the lime out.

Don't fruit the beer!
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well I finally found that Emperial IPA and PMD was not kidding. Delicious.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Well I finally found that Emperial IPA and PMD was not kidding. Delicious.
Cheers.

I just picked up a growler of Marin Brew Co's IPA for a little get together tonight. A buddy is leaving for the Peace Corps for two years, so I figured I'd buy something to mark the occasion.
Old 09-25-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just picked up a growler of Marin Brew Co's IPA for a little get together tonight. A buddy is leaving for the Peace Corps for two years, so I figured I'd buy something to mark the occasion.
Kudos to your buddy in the Peace Corps,, out of fashion but never out of good karma & good vibes. I had a close friend who went there & they sent him to Nepal, thought he was forever out of touch, but at one Christmas reunion in our hometown he brought me 2 Tibetan temple prints on rice paper, the dragon one is absolutely cool. He said in the Himalayas they say never go that way (points west) b/c "that's Afghanistan & you want to stay the hell out there," good advice. It's a screwed up narco-dictatorship

This Mexican Modelo tastes like every dirt road in Coahuila Y Chihuahua. And bars sell these for $3.50 a pop in CA, get out.....

Last edited by LizardState : 09-25-2010 at 07:19 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2010, 08:01 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Modelo presents almost no advantage over cheaper drinkable beers, like Tecate or PBR (which sells for insanely cheap even in SF).

Last edited by Paranoidmoonduck : 09-27-2010 at 09:39 AM.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Modelo presents almost not advantage over cheaper drinkable beers, like Tecate or PBR (which sells for insanely cheap even in SF).
I dunno. I actually enjoy Modelo Especial sometimes. One mexican bar/restaurant I go to sells it for two bucks. Prefer that over PBR for the same price.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Had an Old Rasputin stout with lunch, pretty freakin good.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote