Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-01-2007, 02:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Brian Robison

OK Longhorn fans... Time to give us the real dirty scoop on this guy. He had a monstrous combine... Legit or is he just a workout warrior?

I personally like what I've read on him, I think he could be a good fit... but I haven't watched a lot of Texas games. What are your thoughts?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've seen most of UT's games the last couple of years.

IMO, he's been a solid, and at times, very good player. I just never thought he or Crowder lived up to their potential. Given the combine he's had, I would say that is definately the case.

I also have some thoughts on UT players:

Mack is a great recruiter so he gets top talent. In my mind, it seems this talent goes two ways.

1. The guys have matured early at 18 or so and never really get any better than they were as a Freshman or Sophomore.

2. I do not view Mack and his staff as particularly good coaches or developers of talent. So you could get a guy that is a physical freak, but has not had the coaching to tap into his talent.

My gut tells me this is the case for both Crowder & Robison. I would not be surprised if it's the latter and these two just explode when they get into the NFL.

I would not mind Robison in the 3rd or Crowder in the 2nd.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now I am not a huge a Texas fan. But I think Robison is very underated who can have a good pass rush. He seems to be the perfect guy in the 3-4. I would really like to have him as a backup behing Ellis for a year or so then take the job when Ellis leaves. I think he is too small to be a 3-4 or a 4-3 DE full time but he would make a great situational Pass Rush guy.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I've seen most of UT's games the last couple of years.

IMO, he's been a solid, and at times, very good player. I just never thought he or Crowder lived up to their potential. Given the combine he's had, I would say that is definately the case.

I also have some thoughts on UT players:

Mack is a great recruiter so he gets top talent. In my mind, it seems this talent goes two ways.

1. The guys have matured early at 18 or so and never really get any better than they were as a Freshman or Sophomore.

2. I do not view Mack and his staff as particularly good coaches or developers of talent. So you could get a guy that is a physical freak, but has not had the coaching to tap into his talent.

My gut tells me this is the case for both Crowder & Robison. I would not be surprised if it's the latter and these two just explode when they get into the NFL.

I would not mind Robison in the 3rd or Crowder in the 2nd.
I agree both of them should explode at the next level and can be great players with some coaching.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 05:15 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I've watched a lot of Longhorn games, and I really like this guy. I think he can play at the next level.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ncbigbody
Veteran

ncbigbody hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Brian Robison has a non stop mentality. I also though he was "much" better on the field than Tim Crowder.

Sig thanks to DieHardVikingsFan
ncbigbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great all around athlete and student, also does shot-put. I wouldn't mind him as a Day 2 pick. Could easily play standing up, IMO. The only knock I'd put on him is that he always played on great d-lines where he would never be the focus of a double team, but never put up great numbers.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/chatESPN?event_id=14823

Dave (Howell,NJ): Hey brian, how much interest have the cowboys shown in you and which position did they say you would play in their system

SportsNation Brian Robison: The Cowboys have actually shown a lot of interest. They met with me at the East West game, and a few informal and formal meetings at the combine. And from them what I've gotten is that they can see me playing OLB in the 3-4, but also they think I may be able to play MLB, so they can see me dropping bakc and playing the middle, which most other teams have not thought of.

...and something I don't necessarily care about, but some of you do... He's a Cowboys fan!

Andrew (TN): Where would you like to end up?

SportsNation Brian Robison: Actually, I have always been a Cowboys fan, so I would love to play in Dallas and stay in Texas for my family. But whoever drafts me I will be happy to play for.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Probably cost us a 3rd rounder to get him... good depth guy but, I really dont think we need another LB. Does have some nice versatility though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:38 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've heard that he's a day two guy even after the combine. More like early day 2 than late now after his combine numbers. To me, he's the type of player I'd like to add on day 2.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
therock6000
Veteran

therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.therock6000 could make a wolverine purr.

if he's there in the 4th, i wouldn't mind adding him to the roster...

I had a dream that Brady Quinn was rollin' with Omarosa in a 1987 LeSabre
therock6000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he goes in the 3rd, especially if a run starts on that position.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 12:50 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have been watching this guy since he first arrived in college. I am not sure if anyone has mentioned yet, but he came in as a LB. He played there his first year and then moved down to end.

With the number of passes knocked down, INTs he had by jumping and using those good hands, and with the number of blocked kicks he had, his vertical at the combine is not suprising, the pads do not effect his jumping ability.

This guy would be a great addition to add depth at LB, because he can rush the passer, cover, and would be an excellent guy on special teams. Texas doesnt shy away from using their starting guys on ST, just look at Huff, Jammer, Vasher and other guys when they played there, and Griffin this year, Robison would be an impact ST guy from the get go!
- Atlanta Falcons GM
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote