Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-22-2008, 11:41 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any kicker, QB, or Balmer since I think he's the second coming of Sully (at least taken THAT highly)... anything else though I'd be fine with.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 01:42 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I'd kill something if we picked a guy like DeSean Jackson.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
I'd kill something if we picked a guy like DeSean Jackson.
I'd welcome Jackson to our team with open arms.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 03-23-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I would hate to pick up a WR at #1......

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 08:27 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Sucks View Post
Thats not going to happen. We still have Meachem, so it's like having an extra 1st round pick at WR this year. If our first pick isn't defense or o-line, I'd be pissed. I'm also starting to get intriguied by Fred Davis in the 2nd
Lots of weapons can never hurt

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 09:57 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Jackson would be okay later in the first, but not at 10.

If we were picking 20th I'd say sure, why not, but he isnt' worth the 10th pick.
Old 04-07-2008, 02:03 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Cool I'm back from the dead... and I'm ready to talk DRAFT!

First of all, let me apologize to all the members of this great group of Saints fans. I know I have been MIA for the last year (I think the last time I posted was prior to last year's draft...), but between graduating from college, trying to find a job, working at a job I hated, finding another job, working at a job I hate... you get the idea. I am truly sorry that I have let you all down. :-\

Also, as an aside, I would like to commend diabsoule for running a tight ship, not only as team leader AND now a moderator. Congratulations, dude, you deserve it.

Now, just like all of you, I am really excited for the Draft at the end of the month. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to be as informed with the prospects as I was in the past. But I will attempt to break down what I think should happen. And by the way, I'm not an expert by any means, and honestly, I think most of you know more about the Saints than I do.

Okay, I think that we can all agree that the Saints' biggest and most glaring need is defense. Even last year, I thought the Saints would go defense with their first rounder, and let me tell you, I think that they were foolish to choose Robert Meachem with their first round selection. He's the only player picked in the first round last year that didn't play in the regular season! That's inexcusable. Time will tell whether or not he's a bust, but between you and I, I think that Sean Payton and the front office took their stupid pills that day.

But I digress.

The need this year, as it was, in my opinion, the last two drafts as well, is defense. Plain and simple. Now, Payton and Loomis have done a good job in getting some personnel that will help, especially Jonathan Vilma.

Vilma, if healthy, will be a definite starter in the middle. Add Scott Fujita, who has done excellent in his two years, and most likely Dan Morgan on the other side, and the Saints will should have a solid linebacking corps. Bobby McCray adds depth to the defensive end pass rushing rotation and Randall "Cool" has an opportunity to start opposite Mike McKenzie. I believe that defensive tackle is probably the biggest need, with Brian Young mediocre at best, Hollis Thomas being old and having lost a step, and Kendrick Clancy as depth at the most.

So, who are the top defensive tackles in the Draft? You would probably agree, either LSU's Glenn Dorsey or Southern Cal's Sedrick Ellis.

The thing I have been saying from day one; however, is the fact that the Saints are in a bad spot in this year's Draft. Being in the top ten means you have to pay the rookie top ten dollars... and unfortunately, most of the elite players are off the board by number ten. So let me throw out a scenario, that you may not have considered.

I figure that New Orleans' main targets are Dorsey and Ellis, but also Southern Cal linebacker Keith Rivers or Troy cornerback Leodis McKelvin could be looked at here as well.

Again, disagree all you want, but I do believe that most, if not all of the top (and I mean, top) prospects will be off the board at ten. That, in my opinion, includes Dorsey and Ellis and possibly both Rivers and McKelvin as well.

So, what I would have the Saints do, if possible, is trade down. If, and only if, all the premier players are gone. I would rather accumulate draft picks and get a couple of good to great players instead of just one.

Just my opinion. Let me know what you think.

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs

Last edited by Saints Dome Patrol : 04-07-2008 at 03:26 AM.
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:15 PM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i know i will get accused of being a homer, but i would love to see some Tigers turn into Saints....

1 - Sedrick Ellis: DT, USC
2 - Antoine Cason: CB, UA
3 - Andre Caldwell: WR, UF
4 - Ali Highsmith: OLB, LSU
5 - Eric Scott: C, Kentucky
6 - Matt Flynn: QB, LSU
7 - Ryan Torain: RB, Arizona St.
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
The thing I have been saying from day one; however, is the fact that the Saints are in a bad spot in this year's Draft. Being in the top ten means you have to pay the rookie top ten dollars... and unfortunately, most of the elite players are off the board by number ten. So let me throw out a scenario, that you may not have considered.

I figure that New Orleans' main targets are Dorsey and Ellis, but also Southern Cal linebacker Keith Rivers or Troy cornerback Leodis McKelvin could be looked at here as well.

Again, disagree all you want, but I do believe that most, if not all of the top (and I mean, top) prospects will be off the board at ten. That, in my opinion, includes Dorsey and Ellis and possibly both Rivers and McKelvin as well.

So, what I would have the Saints do, if possible, is trade down. If, and only if, all the premier players are gone. I would rather accumulate draft picks and get a couple of good to great players instead of just one.

Just my opinion. Let me know what you think.
i disagree that the top players will be gone, in fact, most mocks have ellis or rivers still available at ten. it is unlikely that they will last beyond ten, so the saints are in the perfect position - they can get a top 3 player for top 10 money.

something strange about this years draft is that there are top players that are going to drop. players like dorsey, D Mac, and possibly matt ryan are going to drop because they dont fill teams needs - similar to A Peterson last year. the saints need DT, CB, and OLB, and those are three positions that could see top players dropping.

although payton has liked to drop down in the past, he is big on setting himself up via free agents so that he can take the "highest ranked player" on his board. i have to believe that Ellis and Rivers are both in the top 5 on his board, and should they fall that far, he will snatch them up.
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:24 PM    (permalink
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
Rookie

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just heard an interview with Sedrick Ellis on the radio and he said the Saints called his people and canceled their private meeting with him. He said they told him they know all they need to know from his combine and pro day. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Sig by BoneKrusher
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 05:56 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! View Post
I just heard an interview with Sedrick Ellis on the radio and he said the Saints called his people and canceled their private meeting with him. He said they told him they know all they need to know from his combine and pro day. Just thought I'd let you guys know.
Strange, but I can see why, though. They have been to his pro day, they saw him at the Senior Bowl, and have talked to both him and Keith Rivers. I don't know how much more they need to know about the guy.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 12:03 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New Orleans Saints Draft thread

My vote is for Keith Rivers. I think he's the final piece to our linebackers. He is the best LB of this class and would pair with Fujita and Vilma.

I think we should go DT in the 2nd and then BPA from then on.

Just my opinion. What's yours?

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-15-2008, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Without trading up for Ellis, Keith Rivers is my choice.

Old 04-15-2008, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That depends on who is available (or where we end up picking), but here is my list if we stay at #10.

#1 Glenn Dorsey / Sedrick Ellis
#2 Keith Rivers
#3 Leodis McKelvin

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 05:55 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

I'd still like to see us take a corner relatively early. Randall *** will make a bit of a difference but theres still a lack of depth at the position and there are a bunch of good corners that will be around in the second or third round.

Ideally, either Dorsey or Ellis drops to 10. If that doesn't happen I'm almost willing to say trade back a bit and take Aqib Talib or Rogers-Cromartie a bit later in the 1st round. Rivers is tempting but..I just don't know.
Old 04-15-2008, 06:57 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

If the 2 DT's ar gone and McKelvin is gone than Rivers is a easy pick.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 04-16-2008, 07:47 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Looks like we may want to move up (I'd imagine) make sure we land Dorsey.
Old 04-16-2008, 07:55 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerBait45 View Post
http://www.profootballtalk.com/category/rumor-mill/

Looks like we may want to move up (I'd imagine) make sure we land Dorsey.
I really dont want to give up that much to move up to #2. We can wait move up 2 spots and take Ellis. But I would rather just sit tight and take Rivers.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
Old 04-17-2008, 04:45 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we can get up to #2 and take Dorsey there I'd put our 1st and 2nd on the table, but if we're start flirting with the idea of giving up next years 1st I'm out. Another scenario is to try and get up to #5 to get Ellis if he's still on the board, which I'm not absolutely certain he will be. If Dorsey goes #2 to St. Louis, I wouldn't be shocked to see Atlanta take Ellis. One thing is for certain though, and that is that Dorsey won't make it past Atlants at #3 and Ellis probably won't make it past Cincinnati at #9. I'm not buying their interest in a tackle or runningback, atleast not just yet.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 07:18 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I really dont want to give up that much to move up to #2. We can wait move up 2 spots and take Ellis. But I would rather just sit tight and take Rivers.
So would I. I don't want to give up what it would take to get Dorsey.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-18-2008, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Coach_Beavis
Rookie

Location: Baton Rouge, La.....15 minute walk from Death Valley
Coach_Beavis needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
saints have henderson, green, and patten, all of whom are more than capable of being effective at slot in paytons offense, no way saints should draft a guy like desean jackson.
Old 04-18-2008, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Coach_Beavis
Rookie

Location: Baton Rouge, La.....15 minute walk from Death Valley
Coach_Beavis needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxSaints View Post
i know i will get accused of being a homer, but i would love to see some Tigers turn into Saints....

1 - Sedrick Ellis: DT, USC
2 - Antoine Cason: CB, UA
3 - Andre Caldwell: WR, UF
4 - Ali Highsmith: OLB, LSU
5 - Eric Scott: C, Kentucky
6 - Matt Flynn: QB, LSU
7 - Ryan Torain: RB, Arizona St.
ali highsmith in the 4th? maybe if the saints had a fourth round pick............

oddly enough their fourth rounder did go to get a LB (vilma)
Old 04-18-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach_Beavis View Post
saints have henderson, green, and patten, all of whom are more than capable of being effective at slot in paytons offense, no way saints should draft a guy like desean jackson.
Henderson & Patten are both on one-year contracts too. If Jackson's there in the second, he'd be a great pick for Payton's offense.

Old 04-18-2008, 09:27 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

If hes there in the second he'd be a great value.

I see Scott has us taking Dan Connor in the second in his new mock. That would thrill me..I love that guy.
Old 04-19-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My Perfect draft scenario:

1st - DRC or McKelvin - I know they are small school guys but we seem to have success with those types ie Colston and Evans.
2nd - Connor or Lofton - Vilma, Connor and Fujita or Morgan would be pretty nice. We haven't had linebackers like that since the Dome Patrol. They aren't near the Dome Patrol but still pretty damn good.
3rd - Dustin Keller TE - We need a pass catching TE.
5th - Any center. Godwin played well when Faine was out but we could def use some depth there.
6th, 7th - Best player available. Matt Flynn would be a nice backup for Drew.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote