Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-26-2008, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tracy Porter. I don't think that's a bad pick at all.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't really hear anything about him during the season. Guess that's because he played at Indiana. At least he played in a competitive conference against some pretty good WRs. And runs a sub 4.4.

So we don't pick again til 140 or so. Do we move up in the draft and pick up a LB? Is the Shockey trade still an option even without our 2nd?

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!

Last edited by saintsfan912 : 04-26-2008 at 06:28 PM.
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:26 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can live with that pick aswell. Would have preferred Dan Connor though.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:38 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Dan Connor would have been a perfect fit at WLB in my opinion, so I'm a little bummed that we didn't grab him. I really can't complain though, because it definitely looks like we're finally committing to defense. Scott's Tracy Porter evaluation seems like the exact type of guy we need in the secondary... very athletic, fast, ballhawking playmaker. I'm certainly glad we didn't cave in to the Giants request for anything more than pick #40. So far this draft looks much better than last year's.
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Absolutely. As long as we don't trade up for a RB tomorrow and cut him before the season.

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

why had nobody selected dan connor? i thought he would go early in the 2nd.
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

He will go with the 1st pick tomorrow I think. Either to Miami or someone will trade up.

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2008, 08:20 PM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

any way saints would trade up with their 2 fifth rounders? no immediate need for him, but we could move him to OLB and learn for a year.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:37 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Tracy Porter. I don't think that's a bad pick at all.
I like the pick not bad at all. I really wish we could trade maybe both 5th rounders and something next year to move up and take Connor in the 3rd. What a steal he will be to a team.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Porter is one of my favorite corners in the Draft, excellent pick by the Saints. I really like what they've done so far.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:55 PM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I like the pick not bad at all. I really wish we could trade maybe both 5th rounders and something next year to move up and take Connor in the 3rd. What a steal he will be to a team.
i agree. we could give away the rest of our picks, get him, and i would be happy. seems that miami would be looking to pick up extra picks.

our defense should show a significant improvement next year.
Old 04-27-2008, 02:58 AM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeauxSaints View Post
i agree. we could give away the rest of our picks, get him, and i would be happy. seems that miami would be looking to pick up extra picks.

our defense should show a significant improvement next year.
I hope so . We are putting allot of money and picks into it. I hope it pays off.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:34 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
Dan Connor would have been a perfect fit at WLB in my opinion, so I'm a little bummed that we didn't grab him. I really can't complain though, because it definitely looks like we're finally committing to defense. Scott's Tracy Porter evaluation seems like the exact type of guy we need in the secondary... very athletic, fast, ballhawking playmaker. I'm certainly glad we didn't cave in to the Giants request for anything more than pick #40. So far this draft looks much better than last year's.
I would have liked Dan Connor as well, but as it is, Tracy Porter doesn't sound like too bad of a selection, with the fact he was the Hoosiers' defensive captain, started all 43 games of his career and had some good stats (83 tackles, 6 interceptions) as a senior.

I think he could come in and compete for one of the starting positions... but then again, I don't get paid the big bucks.

By the way, for those who are interested, the Saints have posted an article of yesterday's post-draft press conference. Check it out! :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Is there any video coming out of New Orleans yet? Like an interview with Payton or Sedrick Ellis arriving? :)

Signature made by me

Old 04-27-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

It's been a quiet day 2 in the Draft for the Saints so far, but we do have four picks before it's all over (#146, #164, #178, #218). What do you guys think we will do? I personally would love Erin Henderson or Geno Hayes with one of the picks.

Thoughts? Who do you guys want?

Signature made by me

Old 04-27-2008, 12:33 PM    (permalink
TigerBait45
Veteran

TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.TigerBait45 is a cocksman.

I like taking Porter there. I've read some evaluations of him that say he may well have the best pure cover skills in the draft..the guy is fast, he threw up 18 reps at the Combine so he can't be that weak..great natural coverage skills and he takes a lot of balls away from receivers.

Plus he was at a position of more need than Connor was. I would've been happy with Connor just as much but Porter addresses a bigger need, I think.

Good draft so far by the Saints. Hopefully we find some more diamonds late in the draft like a few years ago.

If Erin Henderson's still on the board we'd be crazy not to take him. That guy can flat out play.

Last edited by TigerBait45 : 04-27-2008 at 12:35 PM.
TigerBait45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I just found out that Tracy Porter is from the westside... er, West Baton Rouge Parish, playing his high school ball at Port Allen High, so he's already probably a Saints fan, growing up in Louisiana and all, and by the way, he said in today's (Baton Rouge) Advocate that he's familiar with Randall "Blue" Cool, so that should also be good...

Almost in the fifth round now, so like TigerBait45 said, we should be able to find some diamonds in the rough with our picks coming up...

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 04-27-2008, 01:05 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Demarrio Pressley. Anybody have any insight on him? I thought he was an earlier round projection?

Who Dat Nation!
Sveen
Pro Bowler

New Orleans Saints selection:
5th round, 146th overall
DeMario Presslet, DT, North Carolina State

Next pick: 5nd, round, 164th overall.

Signature made by me

Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Pick is in, DeMario Pressley, DT, from North Carolina State... but we traded up to get him, but I don't know what we gave up...

Sig by jkpigskin

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!

Old 04-27-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Scott had him as the 144th best player in the draft. We took him 144th overall ;)

Signature made by me

Old 04-27-2008, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Anyone have the details on the trade we just made? Gave up our 7th?

Signature made by me

Old 04-27-2008, 01:09 PM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

The Saints front office must be using NFLDraftcountdown for their rankings, good job Scott haha.

Are we gonna pick an offensive player in the draft? It would be nice to get a TE sooner or later. A kicker would be nice as well.

Who Dat Nation!
Old 04-27-2008, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

A young TE wouldn't hurt, but I don't think there is much value left to be honest. We sent out 7th rounder to the Lions so I don't know if there is much value at kicker either.

Signature made by me

Old 04-27-2008, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Scott had him as the 144th best player in the draft. We took him 144th overall ;)
OMG STEAL~!

:)
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote