Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well i'll just agree to disagree cause i dont think mckenzie is cooked and porter played good enough for me to not draft another guy for the same position straight away. I'm also quite sure that vontae will be around when we pick so that makes it worse (in my mind) cause someone might actually have the same thoughts you do. My ideal draft would be trading out the first to the midsecond and grabbing mcrath, then adding a guy like delmas and with our third pick a cb like underwood or someone like that. But i really cant be happy at all with vontae at 14, but I have a feeling that we just wont agree on this matter.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McKenzie might not be cooked, but he's certainly not the type of guy that would make you pass on a top tier CB if one is still on the board.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
McKenzie might not be cooked, but he's certainly not the type of guy that would make you pass on a top tier CB if one is still on the board.
he is when you have alternatives on other positions of bigger need. cmon we have kaesverharn and shanle starting

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-13-2009, 01:38 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally don't see cornerback a glaring need as others seem to.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2009, 04:33 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I personally don't see cornerback a glaring need as others seem to.
you my sir are a smart wise and brilliant man

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-13-2009, 10:30 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nor do I, but I'm sort of a BPA kind of guy, especially when the D just needs a shot in the arm from ANY spot IMO.

I'm on the OL bandwagon anyway.
Old 01-14-2009, 05:36 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Nor do I, but I'm sort of a BPA kind of guy, especially when the D just needs a shot in the arm from ANY spot IMO.

I'm on the OL bandwagon anyway.
yeah but we just need one more guy there to make it a good unit imo. And agree with the bpa part partially but with wlb and fs as the biggest needs by far.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-14-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
yeah but we just need one more guy there to make it a good unit imo. And agree with the bpa part partially but with wlb and fs as the biggest needs by far.
By Far? I know there's a lot of money tied up there, but what has the D-Line done to show it's NOT a big need? There's ample room for improvement pretty much everywhere... Vilma (if he comes back), Ellis, and maybe Will Smith are the only guys that I'd be completely against replacing. The D has been "one more guy" away from being a good unit for a few years now...
The Poster Formerly Known As #1SaintsFan

Sig by jkpigskin
TPFKA#1SaintsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 03:34 AM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm thinking William Moore or BJ Raji if we stay at #14.
SaintsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.TPFKA#1SaintsFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't believe safety is as much of a glaring need now that we hired Williams... Roman Harper is a perfect fit for Gregg Williams's scheme, he'll be a stud in that defense. We still need to upgrade at FS, but I really hope we don't break the bank on Atogwe or use our first round pick on that position. A guy like Renaldo Hill (my top choice) or Will Allen (TB), for example, would be a nice fit. (I wonder how much Brian Dawkins has left in the tank? Just a thought...) If we're going to spend big money/top draft pick on a DB, it HAS to be a corner. Vonte in the draft or Dunta/Nnamdi in FA would give me a rod. DT and WLB also need to be seriously addressed, in that order. Our DE's are safe for one more year because of their contracts, but they absolutely have to start producing again...

And for everybody on the O-Line bandwagon - I completely understand where you're coming from, but Defense absolutely must be the #1 priority in both draft & free agency... and for once, I have a good feeling about it being taken care of.

Sig by jkpigskin

Last edited by TPFKA#1SaintsFan : 01-16-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TPFKA#1SaintsFan View Post
I don't believe safety is as much of a glaring need now that we hired Williams... Roman Harper is a perfect fit for Gregg Williams's scheme, he'll be a stud in that defense. We still need to upgrade at FS, but I really hope we don't break the bank on Atogwe or use our first round pick on that position. A guy like Renaldo Hill (my top choice) or Will Allen (TB), for example, would be a nice fit. (I wonder how much Brian Dawkins has left in the tank? Just a thought...) If we're going to spend big money/top draft pick on a DB, it HAS to be a corner. Vonte in the draft or Dunta/Nnamdi in FA would give me a rod. DT and WLB also need to be seriously addressed, in that order. Our DE's are safe for one more year because of their contracts, but they absolutely have to start producing again...

And for everybody on the O-Line bandwagon - I completely understand where you're coming from, but Defense absolutely must be the #1 priority in both draft & free agency... and for once, I have a good feeling about it being taken care of.
Sorry but to be honoust SS wasnt our primary need anyway. So yeah SS becomes a bit less of a need with williams but we still need an upgrade over kaesverharn badly, that doesnt change imo. The discussion about corner (and the fact that vontae davis is an overrated pos) we have already had so I'll keep shut about that. Do not forget that we also need an upgrade over shanle bad and we could also use another DT to match up with Ellis although that last one is not that much more vital than a corner. A thing to keep in mind though, the depth in this corner class is pretty good but the top aint special at all.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-16-2009, 01:21 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
Sorry but to be honoust SS wasnt our primary need anyway. So yeah SS becomes a bit less of a need with williams but we still need an upgrade over kaesverharn badly, that doesnt change imo. The discussion about corner (and the fact that vontae davis is an overrated pos) we have already had so I'll keep shut about that. Do not forget that we also need an upgrade over shanle bad and we could also use another DT to match up with Ellis although that last one is not that much more vital than a corner. A thing to keep in mind though, the depth in this corner class is pretty good but the top aint special at all.
Maybe you should, ya know, READ what I post before you jump in with your golden drops of mad knowledge. I mentioned upgrading over Kaesviharn (not Kaesverharn) at FS, I mentioned upgrading over Shanle at WLB, and I mentioned another DT as well... so yeah, sorry I "forgot" about all of those things. Take that out of your response, and all we're pretty much left with is you bringing up the CB debate again - and if I may, oh wise one, you're not exactly keeping shut about it by bringing it up yet again. It's a whole different discussion with no relevance here, but since you brought it up - Malcolm Jenkins is the best CB prospect to come out in years, and the depth of the class as a whole arguably isn't very impressive. But, like I said, that really isn't relevant here... and once you remove your reiterations of things I already talked about, presented as if you're scooping me with some really enlightening info, your post really isn't relevant here, either. Now how's about you stop trying to school me every time I talk about what I'd like to see the Saints do... because "sorry but to be honoust" I really don't care about nor do I respect your opinions. Thank you and good day, sir.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 01-16-2009, 02:01 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Maybe you should, ya know, READ what I post before you jump in with your golden drops of mad knowledge. I mentioned upgrading over Kaesviharn (not Kaesverharn) at FS, I mentioned upgrading over Shanle at WLB, and I mentioned another DT as well... so yeah, sorry I "forgot" about all of those things. Take that out of your response, and all we're pretty much left with is you bringing up the CB debate again - and if I may, oh wise one, you're not exactly keeping shut about it by bringing it up yet again. It's a whole different discussion with no relevance here, but since you brought it up - Malcolm Jenkins is the best CB prospect to come out in years, and the depth of the class as a whole arguably isn't very impressive. But, like I said, that really isn't relevant here... and once you remove your reiterations of things I already talked about, presented as if you're scooping me with some really enlightening info, your post really isn't relevant here, either. Now how's about you stop trying to school me every time I talk about what I'd like to see the Saints do... because "sorry but to be honoust" I really don't care about nor do I respect your opinions. Thank you and good day, sir.
your main point was that we dont need to worry anymore about ss since harper fits well in the system, but since that wasnt our biggest worry anyway all my point were legit. With my main point being that I think we should have other points of focus in our free agency and draft process and you only mentioning that they kinda would be a sidenote compared to corner that is a honoust point.

With regards to the bolded part I in general respond to your opinions concerning drafting cornerbacks and more specifically vontae davis, don't think I have responded to you in any other points cause I feel quite strong about this issue and you basicly keep posting the same post in: Let's go and draft vontae davis.

Thanks for the good day wish, I hope you enjoy your day as well.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-16-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

Show me where I said that, you dunce.

SAFETY as a glaring need = free safety AND strong safety play need to be improved. Which was absolutely true following this season and in the type of scheme we used under Gibbs. However, Roman Harper, our strong safety, fits perfectly into what Gregg Williams does with the strong safety in his defensive scheme. Now, we only need to improve at free safety. Which is why safety is not as much of a glaring need. Which is exactly what I said.

I already know that you don't agree with me, and you already know that I don't care, so I now kindly ask you to refrain from responding to my posts. It will make the both of us happier. Thanks.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 01-16-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Show me where I said that, you dunce.

SAFETY as a glaring need = free safety AND strong safety play need to be improved. Which was absolutely true following this season and in the type of scheme we used under Gibbs. However, Roman Harper, our strong safety, fits perfectly into what Gregg Williams does with the strong safety in his defensive scheme. Now, we only need to improve at free safety. Which is why safety is not as much of a glaring need. Which is exactly what I said.

I already know that you don't agree with me, and you already know that I don't care, so I now kindly ask you to refrain from responding to my posts. It will make the both of us happier. Thanks.
when you say that harper is gonna be a stud in defense you are saying that ss isnt a need anymore. For the rest I wont respond as requested, happy? Just out of interest what is a dunce?

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-16-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
TPFKA#1SaintsFan
Pro Bowler

No, show me where I said that SS was our biggest worry. Because that's what you insinuated.

Sig by jkpigskin
Old 01-16-2009, 02:58 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
No, show me where I said that SS was our biggest worry. Because that's what you insinuated.
Well i didnt mean to say that you ever claimed it was our biggest worry but you made it feel like it was one of our bigger needs (which in my opinion it isnt, I'll order our draft needs on end of point just to make clear how i feel), but if you thought it was a little worry your first point would be absulutely pointless, besides the point of renaldo hill and will allen (which actually is a decent point, we cant afford to do so).
1 WLB and FS (to close to make a difference)
3 DT (to match up with sed ellis)
4 OL
5 CB
6 SS
7 Power running back

not saying you have to agree with my order but this is how i would rank them

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-21-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Senior Bowl - Player / Team Observations

Let's state the obvious. It's early, and it doesn't mean we are interested. Anyway, it's the offseason and it's draft season. Let's find out what tendencies we can see from who the Saints are talking to at the Senior Bowl.

(Offense, Defense, Specialists)

Monday:
Brandon Gibson, WR, Washington State
Patrick Chung, S, Oregon
Louie Sakoda, K, Utah

Tuesday:
Connor Barwin, DE, Cincinnati
Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan
John Phillips, TE, Virginia
Kevin Huber, P, Cincinnati
Brooks Foster, WR, North Carolina
Mark Estermyer, LS, Pittsburgh
Brian Cushing, OLB, Southern California
Thomas Morstead, P, Southern Methodist
Pat McAfee, K, West Virginia
Mohamed Massaquoi, WR, Georgia
Derrick Williams, WR, Penn State

Wednesday:
Louis Delmas, S, Western Michigan
Keenan Lewis, CB, Oregon State
Kevin Huber, P, Cincinnati
Travis McCall, TE, Alabama
Jake Ingram, LS, Hawaii

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet

Last edited by Sveen : 01-22-2009 at 02:09 AM.
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:51 AM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

SaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairSaintsMan is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Anyone know where I could find some footage of Louis Delmas?
Old 01-22-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cushing? No thanks. Unless we got him late that is.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd wet myself if we got Louis Delmas. IMO, he's the best safety in the draft.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

I'd love to get Delmas too. We really need to trade down, like in the worst way possible... I like our spot but picking at 14 and then not again until round 4 will be painful. I think the best value we could get would be something like moving down to the very end of round 1 and taking Alex Mack, and then taking someone like Delmas with whatever picks we received.

It's going to be hard, but we are going to need to do a good job of plugging holes in free agency this year, because even with a trade down, we will be short on picks.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
SaintsMan
Veteran

I would like to trade down for Louis Delmas and Alphonso Smith. That's if we pick up a 2nd in the trade.

Last edited by SaintsMan : 01-22-2009 at 05:24 PM.
Old 01-23-2009, 05:24 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

delmas and mcrath for me and then hope coye francies falls to us

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-23-2009, 05:39 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
I would like to trade down for Louis Delmas and Alphonso Smith. That's if we pick up a 2nd in the trade.
If we don't trade down and add a 2nd or 3rd +, I'll be upset as hell.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote