Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-15-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like it's gonna be almost a unanimous decision here. We think Malcolm Jenkins will be the pick (as of now).

Signature made by me

2009-2010 Pick the Winners: 190-77
2010-2011 Pick the Winners: 162-105
2011-2012 Pick the Winners: 168-99
2012-2013 Pick the Winners: 171-95-1

Sveen's 2013 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Assuming he's available, yeah, I would say so.

I would assume our big board looks like this (well, realistically):

1. Malcolm Jenkins
2. Chris "Beanie" Wells
3. Brian Cushing
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsMan View Post
I would like to have Cushing as our starting SLB but he is a reach at 14.
Scott has him going #16 in his latest mock. Two spots is not that big of a reach. Besides if he fits that big of a need, how much of a reach is he. I'm of the mind that once our Defense catches up with the Offense, we are play-off bound and beyond. To draft and offensive player in the first round when we only have 4 picks would be be a waste somewhat IMO.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not when it addresses a weakness in the offense.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 04-16-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really see us going after Beanie Wells if he's on the board.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 05:38 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I really see us going after Beanie Wells if he's on the board.
I only see Wells being the pick IF Malcolm Jenkins is already off the board (Green Bay or Denver come to mind).

If he's there and it's between him and Wells, I really believe Jenkins will be the selection.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:41 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly think our running game would see a much bigger increase in productivity with upgrades to the offensive line, as opposed to bringing in another back.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I honestly think our running game would see a much bigger increase in productivity with upgrades to the offensive line, as opposed to bringing in another back.
That I would agree with, but I don't see us drafting an O-line in the first round either.

Old 04-16-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
That I would agree with, but I don't see us drafting an O-line in the first round either.
At this point, I'm hoping we can get Duke Robinson later on, he's a big time talent at guard, he's been unfairly criticized over one game after thoroughly dominating.

Maybe even Herman Johnson, hell, just get a big road grader out there, give our backs some lanes! :D
Old 04-17-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

I doubt either are there in the 4th. Another point to strengthening my"Trade-down" argument.

Old 04-17-2009, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Even if we don't get back equal value on the trade chart, I'd still trade 14 down to the late first or early second, I think there is much more value in those picks than at 14, unless someone were to drop.

I'd like to grab a player for the secondary though, and if Jenkins is there, he's really hard to pass up, I think he got the senioritis where going back to school unfairly hurt his stock.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's say that Jenkins isn't available (which i don't think he gets past DEN). Does Wells, a LB, or a DE make more sense?
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by coordinator0 View Post
Let's say that Jenkins isn't available (which i don't think he gets past DEN). Does Wells, a LB, or a DE make more sense?
Wells then probably Cushing.

Old 04-17-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

In this case, I'm a "need" before "talent" minded person, so I would say the opposite.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Jenkins
2. Clay Matthews
3. Brian Cushing

Kill Myself Pick: Beanie Wells - Pierre Thomas is very good and a 3rd running back is not a luxury pick we can afford.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 08:57 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Under the assumption we do not trade down, I thought I would post a mock of who I would like to see picked.

1. Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State : Obviously the pick
4a. Zack Follett, OLB, California : fits a need and is a value at this spot
4b. Tyronne Green, G, Auburn : Great pulling guard to block for Bush in the 2nd level
7. Hunter Cantwell, QB, Louisville : Goodbye Mr. Brunell

I'll be happy to explain my rationale behind any of these if asked.

Old 04-22-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Under the assumption we do not trade down, I thought I would post a mock of who I would like to see picked.

1. Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State : Obviously the pick
4a. Zack Follett, OLB, California : fits a need and is a value at this spot
4b. Tyronne Green, G, Auburn : Great pulling guard to block for Bush in the 2nd level
7. Hunter Cantwell, QB, Louisville : Goodbye Mr. Brunell

I'll be happy to explain my rationale behind any of these if asked.
I like the first two and although I like both the players I'd swap them for a center, certainly if one of the big 5 falls to us(mack unger wood luigs or caldwell who imo are all excellent center prospects that would have all been first day guys if they werent in the same class) or Rashad Jennings in the fourth and I would rather have Cullen Harper than Hunter Cantwell. Harper has more or less the same tools as Brees and can therefore be taught better by Brees and to me cantwell and harper are interchangable talentwise.

So it the draft turned out this way I would live but I wouldn be overwhelmed in any way.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My draft barring any trade down, which is what I want the most:

1) Malcom Jenkins, DB, Ohio State
4a) Tyrone McKenzie, LB, USF
4b) David Bruton, S, Notre Dame
7) Curtis Painter, Hunter Cantwell, or Brian Hoyer

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-23-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Not that I have a problem with Bruton, but since Jenkins will probably be used as a S, wouldn't you want to use that pick for something else?

Old 04-23-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not that I have a problem with Bruton, but since Jenkins will probably be used as a S, wouldn't you want to use that pick for something else?
meh, he is an rediculous gunner and would free up jenkins in nickel packages essentially boosting our diversity in the nickel (he is a GREAT blitzer) and giving us more depth at corner (since we dont need a corner for nickelback anymore)

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-23-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
meh, he is an rediculous gunner and would free up jenkins in nickel packages essentially boosting our diversity in the nickel (he is a GREAT blitzer) and giving us more depth at corner (since we dont need a corner for nickelback anymore)
All of those things I had in mind as well as the fact that Bruton is a SS compared to Jenkins being a FS. I feel that Bruton would be an improvement over Harper at SS and could help solidify our porous secondary.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 04-24-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
All of those things I had in mind as well as the fact that Bruton is a SS compared to Jenkins being a FS. I feel that Bruton would be an improvement over Harper at SS and could help solidify our porous secondary.
also keep in mind that bruton was quicker than any corner at the combine (2nd safety) best high jump for a safety(4th overall), best long jump etc etc. He pretty much dominated the combine. He's got good size, character, physical tools and everything you wish for.
He just has bricks for hands.
Ow yeah he has a nack for making impact plays when it matters the most. I dont agree with you that bruton i a pure stong safety. I think he is versatile enough to play everything from free safety to even linebacker (a couple of scouts made that an option apparently, they could see him as an ideal will I believe), anyways we could use him imo. Id be over the moon if we nabbed him in the fourth. But then again I am biased concerning ND players. (fi I SO want Ethan Johnson in the 2012 draft)

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-24-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I have been reading allot on the Saints and I have seen it in more than a few places Loomis mention that they are looking to move down not just once but maybe twice.

I know we need picks but if the right player is there make the move. I dont think we need allot of picks to do good this upcoming season. We filled allot of spots on D in FA. A great player at 14 might be all we need to see the playoffs next year.

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 04:48 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintsFanForLife View Post
I have been reading allot on the Saints and I have seen it in more than a few places Loomis mention that they are looking to move down not just once but maybe twice.

I know we need picks but if the right player is there make the move. I dont think we need allot of picks to do good this upcoming season. We filled allot of spots on D in FA. A great player at 14 might be all we need to see the playoffs next year.
I can see it though. If they trade back twice they can get a premier center(wood?) and a guy like louis delmas or sean smith. That would leave the rest of our picks (and maybe the other pick we aquired) to pick an outside linebacker and a power running back. both positions with excellent value in the fourth this draft probably. A possible draft scenario with a double trade down would be (we would get a 3rd for both tradedowns here)
early-mid second: sean smith/louis delmas or if one of the bigger name lb's fall maybe
1st 3rd rounder: Eric Wood
2nd 3rd rounder: Gerald McRath
1st 4th rounder: Glenn Coffee (whom i feel is really underrated here but if you dont like him enter another rb available there)
2nd 4th rounder: David Bruton
7th Rounder: Cullen Harper
If our draft would work out this way I'd be really happy for one. We'd have an imediate upgrade at fs, potential starters at center and wlb, variation at running back, depth at safety+excellent gunner and a developemental guy who can learn the world from brees.

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 04-24-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I can see it though. If they trade back twice they can get a premier center(wood?) and a guy like louis delmas or sean smith. That would leave the rest of our picks (and maybe the other pick we aquired) to pick an outside linebacker and a power running back. both positions with excellent value in the fourth this draft probably. A possible draft scenario with a double trade down would be (we would get a 3rd for both tradedowns here)
early-mid second: sean smith/louis delmas or if one of the bigger name lb's fall maybe
1st 3rd rounder: Eric Wood
2nd 3rd rounder: Gerald McRath
1st 4th rounder: Glenn Coffee (whom i feel is really underrated here but if you dont like him enter another rb available there)
2nd 4th rounder: David Bruton
7th Rounder: Cullen Harper
If our draft would work out this way I'd be really happy for one. We'd have an imediate upgrade at fs, potential starters at center and wlb, variation at running back, depth at safety+excellent gunner and a developemental guy who can learn the world from brees.
Two 3rd rounders for #14?? picks #35 and #36 just miss at being the of #14. I'm sure we can do a hell of a lot better then that.