Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2007, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints Dome Patrol View Post
The end is near... the moment of truth is almost upon us... and the question on everybody's mind...:

Pizza or Buffalo Wings...? :D
Tough choice...I'd order both and go from there.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:37 AM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official Saints Draft Day Thread

"Gentlemen, welcome to Radio City Music Hall, and welcome to the 2007 NFL Draft..."

With the Draft mere hours away, I wanted to create an official thread for all the Saints fans around the globe to discuss the day's festivities.

I know I'm ready. I'm going to be watching the first day with diabsoule, with plenty of food and beer. Plus, he bought a bottle of champagne and I brought some stogies to celebrate a great day one when all is said and done.

Here's hoping that everyone (yes, even you TPFKA#1SaintsFan) gets to watch the Draft and have fun waiting to see what direction the Saints go in...we are definitely in uncharted territory with being able to chose the best player available.

*lifts glass*

Here's to the Black and Gold!
New Orleans -- victorious!
Saints, fearless and bold!

(just a little haiku toast I made up for our favorite team! :))

And of course...

Who Dat? Who Dat? Who Dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints!? :D

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:14 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm ready to watch this face for 16 hours

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to sit back and relax not worry about anything because I have full faith in what the staff and front office are doing. I don't think I could ever say that before..

what time do you think the Saints pick will be?
Old 04-28-2007, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Way too late, Auron. I'm expecting your call today, SDP! I'm moving today so hopefully when the Saints pick I'll be at a television.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
Way too late, Auron. I'm expecting your call today, SDP! I'm moving today so hopefully when the Saints pick I'll be at a television.
My guess would be after 6 sometime.

You're moving today? I would hate having to move on Draft Day.
Old 04-28-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Saints67
Rookie

Saints67 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

hopefully we get 3 GOOD players!!

go D in the 1st!
Saints67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hmm.. Aaron Ross is gone. Chris Houston is the only CB left with a 1st round grade in my book. Have a feeling he doesn't fall to us at #27. Harrell is also gone. We might end up with Greg Olsen or a WR.

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

3 picks from ours and Houston, Posluszny, Beason, Harris, Meachem, and Olsen are still on the board. I think we come away one of them. Alan Branch is there as well. I'm a bit iffy on him so I'm not sure if we should take him.
Old 04-28-2007, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*prays for Chris Houston*
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 04-28-2007, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
*prays for Chris Houston*
Same here, just a few weeks ago I thought he wouldn't make it to our pick. Looks like the Eagles are the only obstacle. I wouldn't be upset with Poz as well.

Panthers went Beason. I hope we don't take Olsen if he's there I don't think he's a bad player I just really don't want a TE this high.
Old 04-28-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Olsen or Poz

i say Poz
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:09 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have the choice between these players:
Alan Branch
Greg Olsen
Robert Meachem
Chris Houston
Paul Posluszny

This should be good! I'm hoping for Branch.

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quite a few options, Saints will choose whoever they have graded out the best.

My internet is picking a terrible time to start acting up. :(
Old 04-28-2007, 04:18 PM    (permalink
GeauxSaints
Rookie

GeauxSaints hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i dont like branch. we just got rid of our lazy DL. the other 4 would be good. i rank them:

pos, olsen, houston, meachem, branch
GeauxSaints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Robert Meachem. Okay pick. Would have liked Alan Branch here though.

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2007, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

With the 27th overall pick the Saints select WR, Robert Meachem from Tennessee.

would've liked to see Defense preferably CB or LB, but Meachem was considered one of the top WR prospects. He could be our legitimate #2 guy opposite Colston.

Last edited by Auron : 04-28-2007 at 04:25 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Wasn't high on Branch at all. I'm happy with the pick... signing David allowed us to take the BPA (to us). Our offense just got a little better and WR was a need for us.

Brees/McAllister/Bush/Colston/Henderson/Cooper/Meachem/Johnson. Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.

Old 04-28-2007, 04:46 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:

Brees/McAllister/Bush/Colston/Henderson/Cooper/Meachem/Johnson. Not too shabby. Not too shabby at all.
Most definitely. Payton has a ton of flexibility in calling the Offense. I do hope we go mostly Defense from here on out though.
Old 04-28-2007, 05:33 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Me too. I'm hoping for a CB in the 2nd rounds... don't think Chris Houston will fall to us, but I'd be happy with Eric Wright, McCauley, or Hughes.

Old 04-28-2007, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Ouch the Falcons took Chris Houston. Well looks like he's the enemy now.

Can't wait to see Meachem run past him for a TD. :)
Old 04-28-2007, 07:17 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Eric Wright in the 2nd would be great.

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2007, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Houston completely made Meachem irrelevant when they played against each other. Payback time for Meach!

Old 04-28-2007, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
I agree. Either him or Josh Wilson. Maybe even Brandon Siler or HB Blades.

Old 04-28-2007, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Still a lot of Defensive value out there.

Wright, McCauley, Siler, Buster Davis (FSU), Rufus Alexander,Tyler, McBride, McDonald.

Even top Center Ryan Kalil is still on the board as of now.