Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2011, 06:15 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I really think we should have drafted Mason Foster over Johnny Patrick... hopefully I'm proven wrong.
the bucs picked him a few picks ahead of us.

Id have preffered Jordan Cameron just because of the confusion it would bring.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:22 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I really think we should have drafted Mason Foster over Johnny Patrick... hopefully I'm proven wrong.
I think we should have as well. Him, Wilson, and Cam Jordan would have been a HUGE upgrade over what we currently have. As is, I'm extremely pleased with Tez and Cam but Mason Foster would just increased our talent on defense even more so.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 04:26 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I think we should have as well. Him, Wilson, and Cam Jordan would have been a HUGE upgrade over what we currently have. As is, I'm extremely pleased with Tez and Cam but Mason Foster would just increased our talent on defense even more so.
he was taken ahead of patrick though.

I agree he wouldve been an incredible pick basically giving us 2 possible instant starters in our linebacking corps from third rounders

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 05-04-2011, 03:57 AM    (permalink
villagewarrior
Pro Bowler

villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.villagewarrior is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, I love the Saints draft! Cameron Jordan, Mark Ingram, Martez Wilson, and Greg Romeus are great picks. I don't know that I for sure like giving up 2 first round picks for a running back, but Ingram was easily the best in the class. Patrick has some ability, though I don't much like the character issues. It's a long day as fans when you only pick in 3 rounds, but I think the Saints did very well for themselves.
villagewarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 10:51 PM    (permalink
aregand
Rookie

aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.aregand wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

OK fans draft is over what free agents are we looking at? Nick barnett for the pack is rumored to be released would like him lb , it could be 2-3 yrs for Martez Wilson to develop according to some. Wouldn't mind another DT or even OT. Not sure what other LB prospects are out there.

Last edited by aregand : 05-07-2011 at 10:54 PM.
aregand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:19 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Resign our own FAs, get a OLB. Boom, winningggg
Old 10-18-2011, 07:37 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
My pick by pick grades:

Cameron Jordan A+
Mark Ingram F
Martez Wilson A+
Johnny Patrick C
Greg Romeus A
Nate Bussey C+
Overall draft B-
and how the picks look now

Cameron Jordan A
Mark Ingram F
Martez Wilson B+
Johnny Patrick B+
Greg Romeus B
Nate Bussey C
Overall draft B-

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 10-18-2011, 11:04 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
and how the picks look now

Cameron Jordan A
Mark Ingram F
Martez Wilson B+
Johnny Patrick B+
Greg Romeus B
Nate Bussey C
Overall draft B-
I think on second inspection our overall draft grade would be lower. Ingram is something other than an F at this point. The guy is just awful at the line of scrimmage. Not that our line is helping him much but God is the guy awful. I had such high hopes for the guy.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well let's not jump to declare Ingram a bust just yet, he's only what 6 games into his NFL career. The whole running game has underperformed some of that is on the backs, (personally I think Sproles has done the best of making something out of nothing) but it's hard for me to fault them when a lot of times they are getting met at or behind the Line of scrimmage by Defensive players.

You can see flashes at times with Ingram, on the Houston and Tampa TD runs he made some nice cuts to get to the End Zone.

Overall though it was not wise to give up what we did for him, especially since we didn't really need another Running Back when we have the issues on Defense we currently do, even an Offensive Linemen would have made for sense. However that's the pick we made so we just have to live with it.
Old 10-19-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

I would like to have them dialing the ingram carries down till he is not as useless in the passing game. The offense suffers when he is in atm

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 10-20-2011, 03:54 PM    (permalink
SaintsFanForLife
Pro Bowler

SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.SaintsFanForLife wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Well let's not jump to declare Ingram a bust just yet, he's only what 6 games into his NFL career. The whole running game has underperformed some of that is on the backs, (personally I think Sproles has done the best of making something out of nothing) but it's hard for me to fault them when a lot of times they are getting met at or behind the Line of scrimmage by Defensive players.

You can see flashes at times with Ingram, on the Houston and Tampa TD runs he made some nice cuts to get to the End Zone.

Overall though it was not wise to give up what we did for him, especially since we didn't really need another Running Back when we have the issues on Defense we currently do, even an Offensive Linemen would have made for sense. However that's the pick we made so we just have to live with it.
I agree, Im not ready to blame the running backs that much just yet. I think the O line has been pushed around allot this year we look week even though we have two of the best guards in the league. At the end of the day we are getting beat in the trenches on both sides of the ball. We have to get better play from both our lines or else we will continue to not be affective in the running game and on getting to the QB on defense. I took a break from the forums but im back. Geaux Saints

Sick Sig by BoneKrusher

WHO DAT

Last edited by SaintsFanForLife : 10-20-2011 at 04:01 PM.
SaintsFanForLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 11:27 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cut Ingram some slack. He is leading all rookies in rushing yards. I think what most Ingram downers dislike is "where" we picked him not "that" we picked him.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think all the people that wanted Ingram so bad should finally start acknowledging that our lack of running game had little to do with how good/bad our backs were.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:16 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Cut Ingram some slack. He is leading all rookies in rushing yards. I think what most Ingram downers dislike is "where" we picked him not "that" we picked him.
no, i actually dislike more that we picked him and not where we picked him. If he was anything but an UDFA i think he'd be a ******** pickup given the saints system and ive been on record here saying exactly that.

he is not leading all rookies in yardage, not leading all rookies in ypc, not leading all rookies in tds (although he is leading rookie rbs in rushing tds). he is about dead last in ypc. This doesnt even consider his pathetic contribution to the passing game thusfar.

Yes the kid is a rookie but he is the kind of prospect that was supposed to contribute straight away and thusfar having him on the saints has only hurt the team, not made it better. Im going to be quite blunt and say that just from an own team perspective the saints would be better of just cutting him (not that it will ever happen)

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-20-2011, 04:46 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

just did somewhat of a mock draft for the saints, i dindt use scotts rankings which i might do when he updates them to include non-seniors

Im using the some other draft site that i wont name in order to not be plugging another draftsite on this one overall rankings so if you disagree on where a player goes, well, dealwithit

From a need perspective im looking
OLB, the biggest need by far

other positions im looking at early
OT, mediocre play, not a lot of depth from our guys
WR, a lot of guys going to free agency
TE, with David Thomas regressing the depth is getting suspect.
DT, Rogers and Franklin are both on 1 year contracts, outside of ellis there is not much else there.
SS, Harper is to much of a liability, maybe a situation where you pull harper for a more natural safety will improve the 3rd and long D.

2nd round: Jarvis Jones, SLB, Georgia (63rd)
Lavonte David, WLB, Nebraska (68th)
Alamada Ta'amu, NT, Washington (59th)

3rd round: Kenny Tate, WLB, Maryland (93rd)
Nate Potter, LT, Boise State (95th)
Joe Adams, WR, Arkansas (90th)

4th round: Jeff Fuller, WR, aTm (123rd)
Harrison Smith, SS, Notre Dame (127th)
Tony Bergstrom, OT, Utah (122nd)

5th round: Matt Reynolds, OT, BYU (150th)
Mike Martin, DT, Michigan (147th)
Markus Zusevics, OT, Iowa (160th)

6th round: Juron Criner,WR, Arizona, (181th)
Greg Childs, WR, Arkansas (185th)
Derek Wolfe, DT, Cincinnati (180th)

7th round: BJ Cunningham, WR, Michigan State (200th)
Kevin Koger, TE, Michigan (202th)
DaJohn 'Juicy' Harris, DT, USC (229th)

my ideal draft would be: Jarvis Jones, Nate Potter, Harrison Smith, Mike Martin, Greg Childs and Juicy Harris

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 11-21-2011, 10:54 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't forget, we will get another 6th rounder from Washington and another 4th rounder (presumably) from Miami.

Old 01-18-2012, 07:28 AM    (permalink
Who Dat Nation
Rookie

Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Who Dat Nation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
no, i actually dislike more that we picked him and not where we picked him. If he was anything but an UDFA i think he'd be a ******** pickup given the saints system and ive been on record here saying exactly that.

he is not leading all rookies in yardage, not leading all rookies in ypc, not leading all rookies in tds (although he is leading rookie rbs in rushing tds). he is about dead last in ypc. This doesnt even consider his pathetic contribution to the passing game thusfar.

Yes the kid is a rookie but he is the kind of prospect that was supposed to contribute straight away and thusfar having him on the saints has only hurt the team, not made it better. Im going to be quite blunt and say that just from an own team perspective the saints would be better of just cutting him (not that it will ever happen)

Your comments are as bad as your sig

Sig by BoneKrusher
Who Dat Nation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been going over some draft prospects that I think would fit the Saints and these are who I'd love to see them target and/or draft:

LB Shea McClellin, Boise State
LB Bobby Wagner, Utah State
LB Audie Cole, N.C. State
LB Travis Lewis, Oklahoma
LB James Michael-Johnson, Nevada
LB Danny Trevathan, Kentucky
DT Billy Winn, Boise State
DE Cam Johnson, Virginia
DE Chandler Jones, Syracuse
TE Ladarius Green, UL-Lafayette

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-21-2012, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Want My $2
Rookie

Want My $2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Heavy on the linebacker. I would love to see that addressed. Wonder how the defense is going to look with Spags in town now.
Want My $2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 04:41 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who Dat Nation View Post
Your comments are as bad as your sig
hurrah, lets applaud a pick that has already proved to be a sucky one

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-22-2012, 04:45 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

Quote:
I've been going over some draft prospects that I think would fit the Saints and these are who I'd love to see them target and/or draft:

DE Cam Johnson, Virginia
i like all these guys outside of travis lewis, who hits a bit to close to shanle for my liking

- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
Old 01-23-2012, 10:04 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:

DE Cam Johnson, Virginia
I really like this guy.

Old 01-25-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
Saints Dome Patrol
Team Leader
Veteran

Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints Dome Patrol is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the NFL Draft a mere three months or so away, I am looking over players that I would want the Saints to look into drafting. Sadly, with the trade with the Patriots last season, we don't have a first round selection and will have to wait for the second round before the Saints make their first selection in the draft.

It also just came out from the Dolphins front office that we will be swapping sixth round selections as the final piece of the Reggie Bush trade. I thought we were supposed to be receiving a fourth rounder or something, but I must have been mistaken.

With that being said, who would you like the Saints to target with their selections this year?

Sig by jkpigskin

SUPER BOWL XLIV CHAMPIONS! Bless you boys!

WHO DAT? TWO DAT!

Check out my blog!
http://sportsinsomniacs.wordpress.com/

Follow myself and The Sports Insomniacs on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/SportInsomniacs
Saints Dome Patrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

So far in the forum mock, this is who I've drafted for the Saints

2. Billy Winn, DT, Boise St
3. Travis Lewis, LB, Oklahoma
4. Ladarius Green, TE, UL-Lafayette
5a. Tyrone Crawford, DE, Boise St
5b. Dwight Bentley, CB, UL-Lafayette
6. Terrell Manning, LB, North Carolina St.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-25-2012, 06:25 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

According to Scott and Shane the Saints talked to ULL TE Ladarius Green today
http://www.draftcountdown.com/featur.../Wednesday.php

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter