Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New Orleans Saints Team Forum

New Orleans Saints Team Forum Discuss the Saints

View Poll Results:
0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-16-2012, 07:09 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I second what CJSchneider said. Round 4 and 5 would be an A+ for sure. Don't like Orson Charles that much, and don't know much about Robert Golden, but I could absolutely see the Saints as the team that takes a chance on Russel Wilson.

Overall good job diabsoule. Could absolutely end up being pretty close to what heppens,

Signature made by me

Sveen's 2014 NFL Draft Spreadsheet
Sveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After seeing him on film, I'd like to have Orson Charles. I wouldn't be upset with that at all.

And, unless we trade up to the first round (nearly impossible and won't happen)... we'll be waiting until tomorrow, gents. Although I could see us trading up into the 2nd round if a talent is there that we covet.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:21 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well Goodell threw us a bone in not handing out suspensions until after the draft. This way if we do attempt to trade someone, they won't have a suspension or set number of games hanging around their neck.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Orson Charles would be like our David Thomas. I don't mind it.
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:53 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Out of the TE's in this draft that the Saints have a shot at drafting, I'd love to see either Charles or Ladarius Green, who is one of my man crushes this year.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 07:49 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sveen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Love how Tampa traded out of reach of the blue chippers. Mark Barron is a great player, but I'd rather see him instead of Claiborne.

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Not so happy about the Panthers selection. Kuechly could be one heck of a player. And with that the NFC South is done for the day :-P

Signature made by me

Old 04-26-2012, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Great draft, but can't wait for tomorrow!

Signature made by me

Last edited by Sveen : 04-26-2012 at 09:10 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Well the Bucs weren't done. Doug Martin coming to the NFC South.

Signature made by me

Last edited by Sveen : 04-26-2012 at 10:00 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Bert Macklin
All-Pro

Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bert Macklin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LaDarius Green tomorrow!
Bert Macklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Our pick is coming soon. Mike Martin was frequently mocked to us, but just went to the Titans. T.Y. Hilton, Orson Charles, James Brown, Jared Crick, Brandon Thompson, Sean Spence, Dwight Bentley and George Iloka all available.

Signature made by me

Old 04-27-2012, 09:40 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With the 89th overall selection, the New Orleans Saints select: Akeim Hicks, DT, Regina.

Old 04-27-2012, 09:44 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

I took note of him at the East West Shrine Game and love the player, but this was a slight reach I think.

Signature made by me

Old 04-27-2012, 10:06 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Is this guy gonna be Al Woods v2.0?

Old 04-27-2012, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
Is this guy gonna be Al Woods v2.0?
I'm hoping for a young Shaun Rogers..seems like a better prospect than Woods. He'll be a project for sure but the rewards could be HUGE.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 02:48 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
I took note of him at the East West Shrine Game and love the player, but this was a slight reach I think.
this was going to be my exact post

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 09:28 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

The start of the 4th round is under two hours away. It will be really exciting to see who we pick up today. Hopefully we find some guys that can help not only in the future, but this year as well. Maybe the next Carl Nicks, Marques Colston or Jermon Bushrod? We can at least hope :)

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2012, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

There goes Ladarius Green. Really though we'd end up with him. We're up in 12 picks!

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2012, 12:20 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

With the 122nd overall selection, the New Orleans Saints select: Nick Toon, WR, Wisconson.

I LOVE IT!!!

Old 04-28-2012, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

I wanted defense, but will be fun to see what he can do for us.

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2012, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can dig the Nick Toon pick. Watching some of his Highlights a lot of the routes he runs are very similar to what we do in our system, so he should fit right in.

Seems like he has really strong, reliable hands, and the way he uses his body positioning reminds me of Colston. (the way he goes up in traffic and just snatches the ball out of the air)

I think we got him as insurance for if Lance Moore goes down with injury again... we can have another slot type guy to go over the middle. Hopefully Joe Morgan pans out as our deep threat guy, because I think Devery is reaching the end of his effective years.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

Our pick in the 5th round is coming up, and a lot of good players still on the board. TE DeAngelo Peterson, T James Brown, T Tom Compton, T Nate Potter, G Brandon Washington, DE Cam Johnson, DT Billy Winn, CB Alfonso Dennard, CB Leonard Johnson and S George Iloka. Who do you guys want?

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2012, 02:13 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

With pick 162, The New Orleans Saints select Corey White, SS, Samford.

I agree with the position in Corey White, time will tell on the player.

Old 04-28-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Sveen
Pro Bowler

I know nothing about him, but we've had success with small school guys in the past.

Signature made by me

Old 04-28-2012, 02:14 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sveen View Post
Our pick in the 5th round is coming up, and a lot of good players still on the board. TE DeAngelo Peterson, T James Brown, T Tom Compton, T Nate Potter, G Brandon Washington, DE Cam Johnson, DT Billy Winn, CB Alfonso Dennard, CB Leonard Johnson and S George Iloka. Who do you guys want?
If we get any of these guys with our 6th, I would love it.