Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-06-2007, 10:04 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with Art. I don't think Marv Levy sees Rhodes as the feature back but a guy that comes in to spell the starting runnnig back. He does fit what we are looking for. A guy who can catch out of the backfield.

I'd much rather sign a T.J. Duckett and draft a RB that can catch out of the backfield.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:10 AM    (permalink
gonzo1105
Veteran

gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gonzo1105 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bills roughly 12-17 Million still under the cap

Just thought i'd bring this to your attention. I'm not sure if you guys follow the other Bills websites but this guy is purely legit and has been very very close each year to the Bills salary cap and how much money they have. He is known as Clumping Platelets and gets a lot of respect on the board he is usually on and even in the local radio stations where he gets credit for his work. Recently he updated his salary cap numbers and stated we still have somewhere between 12-17 million in cap space

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/sho...d.php?t=120913
gonzo1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:41 AM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

If Willis stays and sits out training camp, does he get paid? Does he have to repay any signing bonus for the time he misses? I think all of Drew rosenhous's clients threaten to sit out, so what is the Bills leverage in this process? I am not big fan of his attitude and lack of leadership, but he does produce and you know what McGahee is capable of and what problems to expect of him. If you trade him and sign a change of pace back, you need to draft someone as a feature back. It is a crap shoot, a familiar pain in the ass that can produce or a rookie who may not. I would not pull the trigger on this one, maybe marv has more nerve than me.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:13 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually am against signing Rhodes. We only have 1 big signing left and I would prefer Harper by far. Not even close imo. If we had not blown 25 mil on Langston Walker (what an awful signing) we could have both. Unfortunatley we cant, I prefer Harper by far.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:47 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv levy's older brother View Post
In 6 seasons the the guy has never carried the load. During the superbowl they even commented that he is a better change of pace back then a number one. I do not see the value to the offense, and he will not be cheap. I am concerned that the only real options for trading McGahee seem to be the Ravens, but the are cash strapped from what I read, and the browns?
When stud RB Edgerrin James went down to season-ending injury in 2001, following his rookie and sophomore years where he won consecutive rushing titles and set one of the most productive years in NFL history, undrafted rookie free agent from Midwestern State Dominic Rhodes stepped in and rushed for over 1,000 in only 10 games - being the first undrafted rookie in NFL history to run for over 1,000 yards in a season. Rhodes' touches decreased dramatically as Edge recovered thereafter, of course, espeically as he suffered a knee injury of his own.

In 2006, Rhodes started every game in the regular season for the Indianapolis Colts, although rookie Joseph Addai had more carries, rushing yards, receptions, receiving yards, and touchdowns. It wasn't until the Wild Card playoff game when the Colts found their optimal setting of starting Addai and then rotating Rhodes in as the game wore on. Rhodes seemed to be a better and quicker runningback in that configuration, even breaking at least one great run against all four post-season opponents in the Chiefs, Ravens, Patriots, and Bears.

Rhodes is a servicable back and a competent starter, given the right team. The Colts' patented stretch play didn't suit Rhodes last year much though, he's much better running more north-south and between the tackles.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been big on Antonio Pittman for some time now, he was flying under the radar way too much thanks to the talent around him at Ohio State. Him being excited about Buffalo and the Bills would make me additionally excited if they selected him in the Draft.

RB Kolby Smith from Louisville is another guy who draws my eye for the Buffalo Bills, as he's remarkably similar to the Indianapolis Colts' RB Joseph Addai. Even including, thanks to the depth of talent in the backfield at Louisville, him not getting a chance to shine until his senior year when the leading candidate was injured. Having an all-purpose back who can run tough like that is a great fit for the Bills imo.

Also, wondering if the Bills wait until next year to select their next runningback, Michael Hart from Michigan seems like surprisingly ideal candiate for the Buffalo Bills. With the number of juniors that could declare and Hart not likely setting the world on fire in terms of speed-based testing, he'd likely be a option for the Bills in the 2nd round if not a trade up from their 3rd round pick (depending on how the mighty Bills do next year). Anyone agree?

Edit: I'm ruling out Tony Hunt as he might not even reach the Bills' 2nd round pick.

Last edited by Geo : 03-06-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default RB, Chris Brown(Tennessee) to visit Wed.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/10033511
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 02:53 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
First off, we are not guaranteed to sign him.

Second, he wouldn't be a feature back. I think if we signed Rhodes then we wouldn't re-sign A-Train. We would draft a RB to pair with him and run a dual RB system.
Exactly. And that would be a pretty good situation right there.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

No thank you. Don't need him, I hate his running style.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Again, don't want him, better than Chris Brown IMO, but I just think its pointless to have to backs nearing 30. I would much prefer drafting a back in rounds 2-4 or getting AD if he falls.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:18 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

What if the plan is to move McGahee, bring in Rhodes and draft a RB in one of rounds 2 through 4? That's the most logical explanation to me. I don't view Rhodes as a starter and I don't think our staff does either.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:19 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Space Ghost View Post
No thank you. Don't need him, I hate his running style.
I'm not a big fan of him either.
Old 03-06-2007, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

I don't see the point in signing Rhodes unless it is a relatively cheap, short contract because I think it is a given that we will address running back before the end of the fourth round in the draft and we certainly don't need to be three deep at running back, especially if we are paying a situational guy as much as we can assume Rhodes will demand in this off season. Why not just draft a guy before the end of round four and then play them with Thomas who wasn't too bad last year in the first couple games with the new offensive line when McGahee was out. I really want Antonio Pittman, I think he would be a great Buffalo Bill and I think I remember reading that he wants to be a Bill.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:00 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Quote:
I don't see the point in signing Rhodes unless it is a relatively cheap, short contract because I think it is a given that we will address running back before the end of the fourth round in the draft and we certainly don't need to be three deep at running back, especially if we are paying a situational guy as much as we can assume Rhodes will demand in this off season. Why not just draft a guy before the end of round four and then play them with Thomas who wasn't too bad last year in the first couple games with the new offensive line when McGahee was out. I really want Antonio Pittman, I think he would be a great Buffalo Bill and I think I remember reading that he wants to be a Bill.
I want Pittman bad too, he didn't say he wants to be a Bills but in a Sirius interview he said he grew up watching the Bills and models his game after Thurman Thomas -- a pretty damn good thing to say if you ask me. :)
Old 03-06-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

Default Tutan Reyes, Chris Villarrial and Matt Bowen Released (MERGED)

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=4653

Wow... shocker... ;)
Old 03-06-2007, 04:21 PM    (permalink
tylerb929
Rookie

tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.tylerb929 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I don't see the point in signing Rhodes unless it is a relatively cheap, short contract
If that were the case the Colts would have resigned him.

He left to be a starter, so the back up idea or 3rd down back is out of the question.
tylerb929 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 04:40 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20 View Post
lol. really no surprise here

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 07:52 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Good move. He was dead weight.

Interesting to me though that we have cut 2 of the FA's that we signed last year. I have no problem with cutting them though because I didn't like either signings last year.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 08:07 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I had originially read this on BillZone and thought it was true, but I have not heard anything else on it so I am going to close this.
Old 03-06-2007, 09:24 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Default Buffalo Bills Offseason Moves Tracker

2006-2007

Offseason Gains
Restricted Free Agent Signings & Tenders
- RB Shaud Williams (Bills) - Signed a 2 year contract. Terms Unknown.
- OG Duke Preston (Bills) - ERFA whose rights were retained. Terms Unknown.
- DE Anthony Hargrove (Bills) - Signed a 1 year, $850,000 contract.
- DT Tim Anderson (Bills) - Signed a 1 year, $850,000 contract.
- CB Jabari Greer (Bills) - Signed a 2 year contract. Terms Unknown.

Unrestricted Free Agent Signings
- QB Kevin Eakin (No Team) - Terms Unknown.
- RB Anthony Thomas (Bills) - Signed a 2 year contract. Terms Unknown.
- RB Josh Scobey (Seahawks) - Signed a 1 year contract. Terms Unknown.
- WR Donovan Morgan (Chiefs) - Terms Unknown.
- OL Langston Walker (Raiders) - Signed a 5 year, $25 million dollar contract.
- OL Jason Whittle (Vikings) - Signed a 1 year, $720,000 dollar contract.
- OG Derrick Dockery (Redskins) - Signed a 7 year, $49 million dollar contract.
- DE Chris Kelsay (Bills) - Signed a 4 year, $23 million dollar contract.
- LB Coy Wire (Bills) - Signed a 3 year contract. Terms Unknown.
- CB Kiwaukee Thomas (Bills) - Signed a 2 year contract. Terms Unknown.
- CB Jason Webster (Falcons) - Signed a 1 year contract. Terms Unknown.

Draft Picks Acquired Via Trade
- 2008 3rd rounder - Acquired from Baltimore Ravens in a trade involving RB Willis McGahee.
- 2008 6th & 7th rounders - Acquired from Philadelphia Eagles in a trade involving LB Takeo Spikes and QB Kelly Holcomb.

2007 NFL Draft
- RB Marshawn Lynch (California) - Acquired with the 12th selection overall.
- LB Paul Posluszny (Penn State) - Acquired with the 34th selection overall.
- QB Trent Edwards (Stanford) - Acquired with the 92nd selection overall.
- RB Dwayne Wright (Fresno State) - Acquired with the 111th selection overall.
- S John Wendling (Wyoming) - Acquired with the 184th selection overall.
- TE/FB Derek Schouman (Boise State) - Acquired with the 222nd selection overall.
- DE CJ Ah You (Oklahoma) - Signed a multi-year contract on 06/11/07. Terms Unknown.

Offseason Losses
- QB Kelly Holcomb (Eagles) - Traded to the Philadelphia Eagles on 3/26/07 for a 2008 7th rounder.
- RB Willis McGahee (Ravens) - Traded to the Baltimore Ravens on 3/8/07 for a 2007 3rd rounder (#92), a 2007 7th rounder (#220), and a 2008 3rd Rounder.
- FB Daimon Shelton (No Team) - UFA not offered a contract.
- WR Andre Davis (Texans) - Signed a 1 year, $850,000 contract.
- WR Troy Bergeron (No Team) - Released on 2/15/07.
- OL Mike Gandy (Cardinals) - Signed a 3 year, $14 million dollar contract.
- OL Matt Morgan (No Team) - ERFA not offered a contract, now a UFA.
- OG Chris Villarrial (No Team) - Released on 3/1/07. Savings Unknown.
- OG Tutan Reyes (No Team) - Released on 3/6/07. Savings Unknown.
- LB London Fletcher (Redskins) - Signed a 5 year, $25 million dollar contract.
- LB Takeo Spikes (Eagles) - Traded to the Philadelphia Eagles on 3/26/07 for a 2008 6th rounder.
- LB Joe Odom (Bills) - UFA not offered a contract.
- CB Nate Clements (49ers) - Signed an 8 year, $80 million dollar contract.
- SS Matt Bowen (No Team) - Released on 3/1/07. Savings Unknown.

Last edited by art vandelay : 01-13-2008 at 05:45 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:26 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.
Default McGahee

Willis, according to John Clayton, can be had for a third rd. selecton. The Bills have brought in Dominic Rhodes and Chris Brown, plummeting willy's value. I'd make this trade in a heart beat.

Would you guys be willing to trade him for a 3rd round pick (early third if its from the Browns)?
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:28 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

How does bringing in Brown and Rhodes plummet his value?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

Ask John Clayton, I have no idea. But the logical outsider would probably guess that since they announced he is on the block, then they sign another starting caliber RB, that maybe he has to go, which would lower him a tad.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:40 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Ask John Clayton, I have no idea. But the logical outsider would probably guess that since they announced he is on the block, then they sign another starting caliber RB, that maybe he has to go, which would lower him a tad.
Do you have a link to Clayton?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

No link it was said on ESPN when he does his segment.

Come draft time, if you have Brown or another RB on your roster, would a 3rd do it?