Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-08-2007, 11:07 AM    (permalink
Man_Of_Steel
Pro Bowler

Man_Of_Steel hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Take Lynch boys.
Man_Of_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Jguarino24
Veteran

Jguarino24 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default GONE

McGahee has been traded for a 3rd and 7th this year and a 3rd round next year...from Baltimore...I love the deal!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Official:Bills trade McGahee to Ravens

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2791831

The Ravens acquire Willis McGahee for a 3rd, 7th and a future 3rd reports ESPN's Michael Smith.

Good trade for both teams but we got more value for Willis than originally thought.

What's the next step? Corey Dillon will be in town later today.

There's some speculation that Marv Levy will inquire about San Diego Charger RB Michael Turner. Compensation will probably a 2nd and a 3rd.

Marv Levy still has a good relationship with A.J. Smith so let's hope those two can get a deal worked out.

Or the Bills could take a Marshawn Lynch, Antonio Pittman or Brandon Jackson in the draft.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:06 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Two first day picks, yum.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
ChefMike
Veteran

ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.ChefMike is a cocksman.

Not to burst anyones bubble but I think we (Baltimore Ravens) are getting a steal, you picked up our 7th (near the last pick in the draft, yes I know Marques Colston but thats a 1 in a billion) and our 3rd this year ( again almost a 4th rder and a 3rd next year that will probably be near the bottom of that round to) I think it was a good trade for both teams but with us having a few back up quality backs already on the roster he gives us a real #1 back. Thanks guys and I hope you get the next Joe Montana in the 3rd and the next Marques Colston in the 7th ! Good Luck next year.
ChefMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Not to burst your bubble either, but McGahee is pretty overrated, IMO. He only had two 100 yard games last year (both against the Jets).

According to the Trade Value Chart, the combined picks values McGahee at about a late 2nd rounder (assuming that Baltimore performs similarly to last year).
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Salami

Compared to what the Bears got for Jones, what the Bills got for McGahee seems like a good deal.

I will say that the Ravens is a good team for McGahee, because he has a poor work ethic and will need someone like Lewis to kick his ass into gear. That said, McGahee never flashed the potential he had before his injury and is not a workhorse.

I think Dillon to the Bills is now a slam dunk, and as a Bills fan, that was the guy I wanted from the start.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:54 PM    (permalink
WooWoo21
Rookie

WooWoo21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

If the Ravens have someone on staff that can read Willis his playbook they should be in good shape. Just to let you know the population in Baltimore is about to see a big rise, but as far as your offense being better I cant make the same promise.

Here to convert the Bills Haters of the World.
WooWoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 02:00 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Please put this in the draft thread that is stickied. That's what it's for!
Old 03-08-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

We have a different McGahee thread now so we can post in that one because it's after he was traded to Baltimore and is no longer speculation.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:35 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

According to the trade value chart, the trade package is worth anywhere from the 50th pick overall (18th pick in 2nd Round) to the 68th pick overall (4th pick in the 3rd round). The package is contingent on how the Ravens do next year (where their 3rd rounder will be in the draft). If I were to guess, I'd say that we are getting the value of a late 2nd round pick for McGahee.

However, I am glad that we got this value in 3 picks than in just 1, because we are a little short on picks this year and we can get some players that fit the Tampa 2 later in the draft due to the scheme itself. Plus, we obviously made our picks count last year in the draft! (6 rookies started and every one made the 53 man roster on opening day)
Old 03-08-2007, 02:38 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide Right View Post
There's some speculation that Marv Levy will inquire about San Diego Charger RB Michael Turner. Compensation will probably a 2nd and a 3rd.

Marv Levy still has a good relationship with A.J. Smith so let's hope those two can get a deal worked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by defensiveback23 View Post
There was a rumor I heard on the San Diego station 1090 that if McGahee was traded the Bills would become very interested in Michael Turner. Take it for what it's worth.
As many know, I LOVE Turner and I would be absolutely ecstatic if we were to somehow get him.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

My hopeful RB scenarios:
1. Trade for Michael Turner and make him our feature back. Sign a cheap veteran to back him up.

2. Sign RB Corey Dillon and draft RB Marshawn Lynch and run a dual back system for 1-2 years and then give the reigns solely to Lynch when Dillon retires.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:42 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Default Free Safety Kevin McCadam Visits With Coaching Staff

Just got it via Text Message. Interesting. Probably a replacement for Matt Bowen. Should come very cheap if we sign him.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302084

Last edited by art vandelay : 03-08-2007 at 02:50 PM.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:54 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

Jauron stated in his McGahee press conference that Corey Dillon is not going to visit, at least today.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:12 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I am happy with what they got from the Ravens. I think everyone can agree though that he has the opportunity to make Buffalo look terrible for trading him if he starts to try again. Which may be motivation enough to put together one hell of a season. Im surprised the Ravens wanted his east-west running and not another north-south runner, which Lewis seemed to be. Anyway, I think we got a good deal out of it. Two first day picks, can't argue.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ESPN said we met with him today.............so I am not sure what to think
Old 03-08-2007, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dillon cannot be counted on to be healthy for a whole season. We'd be lucky to get 10 games out of him. He couldn't stay healthy in NE. Old RB's are injured all the time making drafting say Lynch mandatory.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
According to the trade value chart, the trade package is worth anywhere from the 50th pick overall (18th pick in 2nd Round) to the 68th pick overall (4th pick in the 3rd round). The package is contingent on how the Ravens do next year (where their 3rd rounder will be in the draft). If I were to guess, I'd say that we are getting the value of a late 2nd round pick for McGahee.

However, I am glad that we got this value in 3 picks than in just 1, because we are a little short on picks this year and we can get some players that fit the Tampa 2 later in the draft due to the scheme itself. Plus, we obviously made our picks count last year in the draft! (6 rookies started and every one made the 53 man roster on opening day)
I think the Ravens by far get the best of this trade. McGahee is a proven NFLer, a 3rd and 7th can turn into nothing very quickly in a draft and a 3rd next year = a 4th this year according to the value chart. We have to hope for the best as we are rebuilding while the Ravens may have found the final piece to their puzzle.
Rookies making your roster doesn't count for much in the cap era of the NFL. Many teams keep all their draftees for cap reasons not because they are better players. It is just a lot cheaper to use a rookie on special teams than pay a veteran to do the job.
We got what we could, but it forces us to use a 1st rounder on another RB rather than filling another hole. These decisions are sometimes necessary but it just makes rebuilding that much more difficult.
Old 03-08-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Just curious, who do Bills fans want to see starting at RB next year ?
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:16 PM    (permalink
OTcoach
Rookie

OTcoach hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Back to NFL shop for a new jersey...

I think Baltimore got the better deal. Yes Marv did all he could to get something in retun but Willis will be a pro bowl candidate next year in Baltimore. Sniff, looks like I'll be retiring my #21 jersey up beside my #80 from last year. Any tips on who I should buy for this season? Maybe Peters will be safe for longer than a year. I don't think I'll touch Spikes.....
OTcoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good move by both sides, although that extension by Baltimore is a heavy vote of confidence for McGahee on the part of the Ravens' staff without having seen him take one snap for them.

The Bills would have received a 3rd round compensatory pick had McGahee played out his contract year, but instead have deftly received 3rd round picks in consecutive years.

I really think this opens up the opportunity for them to draft Antonio Pittman, who imo is a underrated all-purpose back and home-run threat. I would have likely considered him to be the best senior RB next year had he not exercised his eligibilty, so it's something of a fortunate coup for the Bills to land him now just as they part ways with McGahee. Pittman and A-Train would make for a very good RB combo, especially behind the left side of that offensive line.
Old 03-08-2007, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Vainfool

I remember reading somewhere that Dillon is not interested in being in a two back / grooming role again... He still feels he can put up quality numbers... I don't believe everything I hear, but he seems like a guy with some pride... I just don't see him signing a multi year deal that is essentially a one year deal so he can be cut again next year when the rookie assumes the full load... I was hoping we could take a new weapon in the passing game in rd 1 (Olsen?), but now I think I want a running back (logical choice being lynch)... I just see this move creating another hole in our lineup... We still need some more weapons for Losman, help at linebacker, and now a running game... Only time will tell how this deal worked for us.. As an purely unbiased observer of the NFL, I know the Bills are going all the way this year, its just that the path is a little unclear right now... Go Bills!!!
Old 03-08-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
dc4life
Rookie

dc4life needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20 View Post
Lol and Leonard Davis dosen't remind you of Mike Williams? Both from Texas, both huge and overweight and both major underachievers and dissapointments considering where they were picked at.
I thought Mike Williams was a Trojan. There's also a huge difference of play when Davis is playing gaurd or tackle. Everyone pretty much agrees that he is dominant at gaurd and ****** at tackle.
dc4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 07:01 PM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

I am worried.