Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-23-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Big Mike
Veteran

Big Mike hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Either you guys pick Marshwn Lynch or stuck wit the kid Chris Brown

ALL COMPLIMENTS TO: BANTX FOR THE SIG

XBOX360 Gamertag: GZA88
Big Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 08:08 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patrick Willis in the 1st, then antonio pittman in the 2nd

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 10:39 AM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Adrian Peterson if he falls, don't move up for him. Marshawn Lynch if AP is gone at 12. One could argue Marshawn fits our offense better anyway.

I see Marshawn as the RB we truly need, he is exactly what Fairchild wants in this type of offense: A versatile Running Back who can be an explosive runner, catch out of the back feild and even split out wide.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 11:06 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lynch scares the h-ll out of me. His short shuttle and cone drill were very poor, suggesting to me that he may not have the true quickness needed at the next level. I don't think he is going to be special at the next level and it wouldn't suprise me if we go Willis/Pittman, 1/2. Pittman may turnout to be only an average NFL RB and we might have to go back to the draft board next yeasr to find a true NFL RB, but I just don't think Lynch is by any means a sure success story and I hate to take that kind of risk with the #12 pick.
Old 03-24-2007, 04:12 PM    (permalink
calibill2
Rookie

Location: Santa Barbara, California---Transplanted from Buffalo, NY
calibill2 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree, i dont see lynch being a franchise back. I'd take AD, or Willis in 1st, and than bush in the 2nd (irons than pittman if bush is gone)
calibill2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:17 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibill2 View Post
I agree, i dont see lynch being a franchise back. I'd take AD, or Willis in 1st, and than bush in the 2nd (irons than pittman if bush is gone)
Bush wouldnt go that high. Earlier I didnt mind the idea, but after these complications he took another fall and the 2nd is just too soon for him.
I like the Canadian man's idea though. Willis/Pittman. Pittman I don't overly like but I'm a big fan of Willis and we need at least a top 2 round RB in the draft.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 04:28 PM    (permalink
glazeduck
Rookie

glazeduck smells like sex panther.

I don't see how anyone can say that we NEED a rb from a certain round. Certainly the Broncos didn't do that with Terrell Davis, or Mike Bell for that matter. The fact is that we need a kid that can play, regardless of what round we get him in. In the general discussion thread i posted that Domanick Davis was cut, I'd like us to sign him, and then draft Booker w/ our pick from Baltimore and take Bush later in the draft. Atrain, Davis, and Booker could easily produce starting rb numbers out of the backfield and would give us a chance to let Bush completely heal, ala Willis his rookie year. Bush will be a 2nd day pick now, no need to use a 2nd or 3rd rounder on him, he'll be a steal when healthy.
glazeduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2007, 05:22 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how you can equivocate our o-line to Denver's in that manner. "Need a kid that can play"? Those who can play the best tend to be taken in the higher rounds, so yes, I suppose I am saying we need a higher round guy. You're situation is pretty ridiculous. Drafting someone with a big injury problem, giving a contract to a guy in the same boat, as well as taking a guy late day 1? I just don't see how its better than Thomas and a top 15/50 pick. Too crowded, bringing too many guys along.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glazeduck View Post
I don't see how anyone can say that we NEED a rb from a certain round.
I mention Pittman specifically in the 2nd round because I think hoping he falls to the first of the Bills' two 3rd round picks is a bit of a gamble, one that's probably not worth taking when you're already getting great value at the 40-something overall pick of the Bills (at least that's how I view Pittman). If the Bills can pull it off, aces.
Old 03-25-2007, 08:42 AM    (permalink
ihatephilly

Default Report: Bills near a trade of Takeo Spikes.

BuffaloNews.com:
Quote:
The Buffalo Bills are getting closer to trading linebacker Takeo Spikes, The Buffalo News has learned.

Trade negotiations gained steam Friday and Saturday, and a deal might be consummated within the next day, a league source told The News.

Numerous teams reportedly were interested in acquiring the 30-year-old former Pro Bowler, but which one ultimately would win his services still was not known Saturday night. Spikes is entering what likely would be the final year of his contract with the Bills, and a trade may involve Spikes agreeing to a new contract with his new team. The Bills have an option to pick up the last year of Spikesí contract, in 2008.

http://www.buffalonews.com/111/story/39588.html
Old 03-25-2007, 09:43 AM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Niiceee...I wonder what we will get for him.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bills51tuff
Rookie

bills51tuff hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's a bit sad to see - for me, anyway.

Spikes has been my favorite player since Andre Reed did his thing in Buffalo. A 3rd round pick would tide me over pretty quickly, however!
bills51tuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 01:28 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

why would they get rid of him? contract ending soon, rebuilding???

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 05:17 PM    (permalink
drmoyer421
Rookie

drmoyer421 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regoob2 View Post
why would they get rid of him? contract ending soon, rebuilding???
IMO one reason is the contract is ending soon, but the other reason is building of a team. Look at all the top teams in the NFL, and of the past years with Levy. The teams consist of players that have grown within its system and became leaders through hardwork ethic and performance. Even in life, companies and morale inside the company is usually better when they promote from within rather than hire management from the outside.

I think they are building a team, that can grow and work together toward a common goal. Losman and Lee Evans have now become the offensive leaders after getting rid of Moulds and now McGahee who's egoes grew larger than the team. Both Evans and Losman work hard, and want to win, as well as do it as a team.

On defense, I saw both Fletcher, Clements, and Takeo as the leadership last year. But they are from a regiem with a losing mentality. I feel instead of optomism of growth, they were that of pessimism. They may have not shown it on the field, but I feel that it was there in the off field time. I believe Levy wants players like Crowell who works extremely hard and has gone from the bottom up, and new fresh faces like Whitner and Simpson, and possibly a new LB that they will draft to take over the leadership and grow as a defensive unit!

Spikes is a great player, and I enjoyed everything he was for the team, but its time for a new fresh breath to this organization and I believe Spikes needs a new freshness too
drmoyer421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Do any of you guys know how much Spikes is due to make this season?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:16 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 View Post
Do any of you guys know how much Spikes is due to make this season?
http://billsdaily.com/frontoffice/salarycap.shtml

6 mill
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:31 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.
Default keeps taking shots

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/b...ge=1&track=tbd
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2007, 07:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Meh. No longer the Bills' problem imo.

Jauron says it best:

Quote:
"He played hard for us and he did a nice job for us," Bills coach Dick Jauron said. "Once again, it just comes back to the fact you look at the whole thing and look at the overview and feel like [the trade] is the best thing for us."
Old 03-25-2007, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Salami

Classic case of addition by subtraction.
Old 03-25-2007, 10:09 PM    (permalink
Salami

Was Spikes involved in some lockerroom or media incident last year regarding rebuilding or something else? Maybe it was someone else, but I think it was him. I'm sure someone here remembers...
Old 03-25-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salami View Post
Was Spikes involved in some lockerroom or media incident last year regarding rebuilding or something else? Maybe it was someone else, but I think it was him. I'm sure someone here remembers...
It definitely was Spikes, and he became most vocal after we put Vincnet on IR
Old 03-25-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Salami

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
It definitely was Spikes, and he became most vocal after we put Vincnet on IR
That's right. I forgot about the Vincent part. I wonder if that was his ticket out of Buffalo.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:14 PM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Me and my friend did a 3 Round mock recently and we ended up with:

1. Marshawn Lynch
2. Brandon Siler
3a. Justin Durant
3b. Travarous Bain
4. ???

Adding a 4th round to the mock soon.

I was kind of suprised going LB in the 2nd then 3rd but it was the good pick at that time on the board and If Takeo is traded it makes sense.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 07:14 PM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

In my 3 rounds I have this:
1 Okoye dt Good Defense starts at the line and moves back. If he drops the Bills should take him. If he is gone and Branch is there trade down with KC They need a DT worse than the Bills. I have seen Okoye going from 8th to 18th on various boards.
2 Brian Leonard fb Again I have seen him gone in the 1st but I think he might be there in the 2nd. Not the back people want but he is the type of player that is needed.
3a AJ Davis CB Need some depth
3b John Wendling S

Until Takeo is traded to Philly, no LB's until the 4th round
Old 03-26-2007, 07:46 PM    (permalink
mpt117
Rookie

mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mpt117 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Spikes and Holcomb gone; Bills get Walker and conditional pick in 2008 from...

Eagles...
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/default.jsp

Last edited by mpt117 : 03-26-2007 at 08:42 PM.
mpt117 is offline   Reply With Quote