Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-07-2007, 03:09 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can't really see us winning this game. The Patriots are coming off their BYE week for the 19th straight year against us.

Let's not over look the Dolphins. They could easily bite us where it hurts if we're not focused.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 03:11 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Offensive
Marshawn Lynch
Lee Evans
Langston Walker

Defensive
Donte Whitner
Angelo Crowell
Terrence McGee
Old 11-07-2007, 03:12 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Good game from Losman. Still saw some things I didn't like that he'll have to correct against the Dolphins, Patriots and Jaguars.
Old 11-07-2007, 03:16 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

It's clear to everyone that Roscoe Parrish and Josh Reed work better in the slot. We need a big presence on the other side of Evans that can operate in the middle and give us an advantage in the redzone.

Malcolm Kelly's name was dropped and he's exactly the player that I think we need.

Secondary Options
DT
TE
C
Old 11-07-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jim KElly and Jack Kemp working to keep Bills in Buffalo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.wivb.com/global/story.asp?s=7325748

Jim Kelly and Jack Kemp Huddle to Keep Bills in Buffalo

Updated:var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Nov 7, 2007 1:50 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date); Nov 7, 2007 01:50 PM EST

(November 7, 2007) - - Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly says he has a buyer lined up to purchase the team from owner Ralph Wilson. News 4's Mylous Hairston has more on the effort to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Known for his ability to run the Bills' high powered no huddle offense to perfection, Jim Kelly is now huddling with a new team, a team with money and power that wants to keep the franchise in Western New York.

Speculation about the team's future has increased in recent weeks since the Bills announced plans to move two games for the next five years from Ralph Wilson Stadium to the Rogers Centre in Toronto.

The Bills say it expands their market and will secure the team's future here. Many fans believe it will open the door for the team to move to Toronto.

On 97 Rock Wednesday morning, Jim Kelly revealed he's talked with Ralph Wilson and people who are interested in buying the team.

Former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly said, "He knows how serious, not only Jack Kemp, but myself are, about keeping the Bills in Western New York. And I'll tell you what, I know the people, I know a couple of people that have come to me and have the money to pay it in cash. I guess the best thing I can say is that I will do everything in my power to make sure the people I align myself with and the people Jack Kemp aligns himself with makes sure that team stays here in Western New York."

Kelly didn't go into details about the people with the cash.

All of this may be good news for Bills fans who are worried about what will happen with the team when its 89-year-old owner is no longer around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 04:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I knew Kelly was up to something possibly with some other former players, didn't know Kemp was a part of it. Hopefuly this goes somewhere.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

This is great news. I am happy to see something like this arise. I like the idea. It also sounds nice when he says that the people he has right now have the money in cash! This has to be one rich group!
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:29 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
http://www.wivb.com/global/story.asp?s=7325748

Jim Kelly and Jack Kemp Huddle to Keep Bills in Buffalo

Updated:var wn_last_ed_date = getLEDate("Nov 7, 2007 1:50 PM EST"); document.write(wn_last_ed_date); Nov 7, 2007 01:50 PM EST

(November 7, 2007) - - Buffalo Bills Hall of Fame quarterback Jim Kelly says he has a buyer lined up to purchase the team from owner Ralph Wilson. News 4's Mylous Hairston has more on the effort to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Known for his ability to run the Bills' high powered no huddle offense to perfection, Jim Kelly is now huddling with a new team, a team with money and power that wants to keep the franchise in Western New York.

Speculation about the team's future has increased in recent weeks since the Bills announced plans to move two games for the next five years from Ralph Wilson Stadium to the Rogers Centre in Toronto.

The Bills say it expands their market and will secure the team's future here. Many fans believe it will open the door for the team to move to Toronto.

On 97 Rock Wednesday morning, Jim Kelly revealed he's talked with Ralph Wilson and people who are interested in buying the team.

Former Bills quarterback Jim Kelly said, "He knows how serious, not only Jack Kemp, but myself are, about keeping the Bills in Western New York. And I'll tell you what, I know the people, I know a couple of people that have come to me and have the money to pay it in cash. I guess the best thing I can say is that I will do everything in my power to make sure the people I align myself with and the people Jack Kemp aligns himself with makes sure that team stays here in Western New York."

Kelly didn't go into details about the people with the cash.

All of this may be good news for Bills fans who are worried about what will happen with the team when its 89-year-old owner is no longer around.

Best news I've heard all day!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:58 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's been awhile but I decided I had enough free time to go back to my Bills blog. Check it out. www.buffalowdown.com
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 05:11 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Schouman placed on IR. Murphy tears calf

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?NEWS_ID=5540

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 11-08-2007, 10:11 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never liked Matt Murphy.

Old 11-09-2007, 05:34 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

3-0 with Schouman. 1-4 without. Is our season over?
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 05:18 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default What is the Bills' #1 need, as of 11/11/07?

what is it?

IMO, it's still another WR. We need another option besides Lee. He needs to be big and physical, thus, he will be a red-zone target. I think Malcolm Kelly fits perfectly

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-11-2007, 06:59 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Quote:
what is it?

IMO, it's still another WR. We need another option besides Lee. He needs to be big and physical, thus, he will be a red-zone target. I think Malcolm Kelly fits perfectly
I could not agree with you more.

Old 11-12-2007, 08:28 AM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

True. But it depends on whos playing QB. If its Trent, I think we should go with a Tight End like Fred Davis. He seems to really like using them and the lack of talent we have at the position isnt helping him. If its JP then someone like Kelly makes more sense that way he can start looking away from Lee sometimes.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I live near Toronto and don't want them to move up here. Ticket prices will go through the roof (try and afford a Leafs ticket).

The main reason Mr. Wilson wants to come up here for at least a game a year is because the Southern Ontario Area offers a TON of corporate sponsors and hopefully they will not only come into the Toronto game, but follow them back down to Buffalo.

The Ralph is ADDING MORE Luxury Suites for next year, they could hardly sell out their luxury suites this year. I don't think Ralph wants to move the team, this move to me is to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2007, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Let me throw this by you guys.

We are aware that CB is a need of ours, now do you think that we should give our 1st round pick to Atlanta for DeAngelo Hall? He is a top CB. The only thing im thinking tho, is that we have had steady play that has been good from our CB this year, and maybe we dont need to trade away a round 1 pick for that position. Just something that I was thinking.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:05 AM    (permalink
rocco31fb
Veteran

rocco31fb hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Let me throw this by you guys.

We are aware that CB is a need of ours, now do you think that we should give our 1st round pick to Atlanta for DeAngelo Hall? He is a top CB. The only thing im thinking tho, is that we have had steady play that has been good from our CB this year, and maybe we dont need to trade away a round 1 pick for that position. Just something that I was thinking.
If Marv is truly behind his "Character Guys" thing, then DeAngelo Hall is not even thought of.

Thanks eaglez.fan
rocco31fb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:06 PM    (permalink
glazeduck
Rookie

glazeduck smells like sex panther.

My thoughts...

1. Hall will most likely be cut from what i've heard, and even if he doesn't he's not worth our #1. Maybe Baltimore's 3rd rounder, if Atlanta won't take that the we move on, in the tampa 2 you don't need superstar cover corners.

2. Malcom Kelly IS the ideal pick. Behind him should be a long list of big wrs... Hardy, Bowman, Sweed, etc.

3. I really think that a pass catching TE is our #2 need, regardless of who's under center. I don't have a clear front runner yet, but Fred Davis, Martellus Bennett, Martin Rucker, Chase Coffman would all be awesome 2nd round picks, but without question I think a big wr is #1.
glazeduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default JP named starter for game vs. New England

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5552

Jauron Sticking With Losman At QB
by Chris Brown, Lead Journalist Last Updated: 11/13/2007 12:00 PM ET

When a team is on a four-game winning streak you want to do as little as possible to disrupt continuity. Bills head coach Dick Jauron took that approach to heart as he named J.P. Losman his starting quarterback for Sunday night's game against New England.

"We will continue with J.P. Losman as our starting quarterback for our game with New England this Sunday," said Jauron in a team statement.

Following a stellar performance against Cincinnati two weeks ago, Losman and the offense struggled through the first three quarters of their game last Sunday at Miami. At halftime Losman was 4-11 passing for 62 yards an interception and a passer rating of 18.

However, in the fourth quarter, with assistance from Marshawn Lynch, Losman led the team on two scoring drives making a handful of critical throws to gain first downs and helped put Buffalo in scoring territory late in the come from behind win.

"He missed some throws and in the end he made some too," said Jauron after the game Sunday. "He made some plays for us. The quarterback sneak was big."

Down 10-2 early in the fourth Losman went over his left tackle on a 4th-and-1 at the Miami 24-yard line to get just enough for the first down and keep a drive alive that had to result in a touchdown.

Losman was 8-12 passing in the second half of the game for 95 yards.

It's ironic that continuity is now a factor in keeping Losman in the lineup now that Trent Edwards is healthy. Jauron also pointed to continuity in keeping Trent Edwards as his starter a few weeks ago when Losman was healthy again as the team was experiencing some success at that time as well.

Buffalo has taken a similar approach on defense with starting personnel based on the team's current win streak. George Wilson started at free safety again last week, despite the fact that previous starter Jim Leonhard was back to full health coming off his calf injury.

EDIT: Bills will hand out towels again...

Quote:
Quote:

Last edited by Bills2083 : 11-13-2007 at 05:10 PM.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:01 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default JP named starter for game vs. Jags

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5593

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-19-2007, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default Jauron not optimistic on Lynch playing vs. Jags

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5592

This is terrible news... :(

Quote:
Quote:
Old 11-19-2007, 04:07 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Follow up article:

Jauron and Bills Nation VERY Optimistic on Jackson Playing vs. Jags

But yeah, this blows. Beast Mode with no Stroud or Peterson would've been nice. Ball Burglars need to get Garrard his first picks. Hopefully we're really fiery after yesterday.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2007, 01:21 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Horrible news considering how weak our running game looked without Lynch. We need this win against the Jags to stay in the Wild Card hunt
Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

This also sucks because I'd like to see him play as many games as he can to get over 1000 yards as a rookie