Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2007, 06:26 PM    (permalink
ruthlessrussian
Rookie

ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.ruthlessrussian is a cocksman.

It really is true. After the Dallas loss I was ready to give uo on the season. Yet the Bills played hard the whole season and Jauron was cool and poised throughout all the drama. To think if we could have just closed out a little better against Denver and Dallas we would be 9-5 right now!? That is insane. Definitely one of my favorite Bills teams to watch and I am getting so amped for next season.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:21 AM    (permalink
ABWA757

Default Peters makes probowl....and thats it!!

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5724

thats crap that only Peters made it and not Crowell or Lindell..
Old 12-19-2007, 01:34 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Shane Lechler and his denying perennial pro-bowl star Brian Moorman

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:35 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.
Default More Good News with Kelly keeping the Bills in Buffalo

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3160953

Quote:
"As long as I'm involved, I can't see them going anywhere else," Kelly said, according to the Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester.
Quote:
"One way or another, I will make sure this team stays here. I know people who are ready to step up," said Kelly, who led the Bills to four consecutive Super Bowls as the team's quarterback. "I think Mr. Wilson has the same vision I have, and that's to keep the team in western New York.
Awesome news.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully this happens, unlike some of the other ideas in Buffalo (second peace bridge, Bass Pro, etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2007, 05:05 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Not only will Everett walk onto field before the game, he'll be accompanied by...

Not only will Everett walk onto field before the game, he'll be accompanied by Domenick Hixon.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=53788

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 12-19-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

great for him, im so happy he's made a remarkable comeback

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2007, 01:27 PM    (permalink
FLABillsFan

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bi...ry/233224.html
Old 12-22-2007, 03:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Schobel hasn't looked to good this season

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-22-2007, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

no Mario Williams? :/
edit: sry its the bills forum
well i didnt get to see him play alot, so idk about the Running game

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2007, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default Needs as of Seasons End

Basically the season is now done, and I want to know what you think our biggest needs are. Let me throw some things your way.

1. We definately need another WR. I would rather sign a free agent WR because they take an awful long time to develop, I think that if we were able to get a guy like Wilford anf possibly Pat Crayton, probably better than any #2 or #3 guy we have. I would be very satisfied with that.

2. I dont feel we need to draft a LB on day 1. Call me crazy, but I was overly impressed with John Digoirgio's play this year. I think we could be ok by keeping him in the middle, and sliding Pos back outside to the Will. I think that would be great. Crowell is a stud now, and like I said John has played great in his time there. I would be happy if we had a LB core that had Pos=WLB Dig=Mac Crowell=SLB.

3. CB is defeinaltey a need. Could be a first round need, just because we need depth, and guys who can step in right away. Even if we kept Greer and Mcgee as our starters (I think Mcgee will remain the starter, I was impressed with him this year) and then if we draft someone they can begin as the nickle. I have been dispeased with Youboty. He seems to always some problem or anotehr every year. And even when he is on the field he plays allright, but nothing great.

4. The OL I think needs some kind of touch up, but Im not sure what to do. They are great at sustaining initial blocks, but fail to reach the second level. That explains why Marshawn has only a 3.9 YPC and a lead league in broken tackles. Like I said we have the talent on the OL, I just dont know what to do with that.

5. The DL still needs to be adressed. I think we could use another pass rushing DE, as well as another DT. I was pleased with the DT play this year, and Im not so sure that we need this as much as we need another pass rusher. Kelsay was very good, but I think we could use a better pass rusher.

This is it for now.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2007, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Buffalo M
Rookie

Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree with all except point 2. John Digi is waaaaaaay too small and gets blown out with ease. Has the heart but is seriously overmatched. Poz could move outside if we draft his former Penn St. mate, Dan Conner.

This team needs to get sober and put John McCargo in at DT as a full time starter, benching Kyle Williams and Larry Tripplett ( the swinging door twins ). They need to find a big DT to clog the middle.

I don't care if that doesn't fit the Tampa 2 they employ. The Bills can't run that D anyhow and are run over with ease. If you can't stop the run, all else fails.
Buffalo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 11:55 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bills biggest need IMO is TE. Royal has been decent and i like him, but 22 catches this year? That's terrible production of out of your TE. Some of it can be attributed to QB play, but still.. Anyways, it will help Edwards a lot. It may not be a 1st round need as you can find good tight ends later on, but you definitely need to address this. I wonder if Levy will sign LJ Smith?

Another need is a #2 WR across from Lee Evans. Trent Edwards needs to be surrounded by talent there. I like Josh Reed but he just isn't a #2, he's better off as a slot. Same with Peerless Price.

Some more depth is needed at CB as well. Will Jabrari Greer repeat his career year next season or was this year a fluke? A CB in the first 3 rounds is a necessity.

Basically, the defense's main problem has been injuries. When you lose Simpson, Webster, and Pozluzny to IR it's going to make it very difficult to field a great defense, especially when you face teams like the Pats.

Id have a starting LB core of Crowell, Poz, and Ellison with guys like Di Giorgio, Wire, Stamer and Haggans as depth.

Basically, i think your three biggest needs are

1- TE
2- WR
3- CB
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49ersfan_87 View Post
The Bills biggest need IMO is TE. Royal has been decent and i like him, but 22 catches this year? That's terrible production of out of your TE. Some of it can be attributed to QB play, but still.. Anyways, it will help Edwards a lot. It may not be a 1st round need as you can find good tight ends later on, but you definitely need to address this. I wonder if Levy will sign LJ Smith?

Another need is a #2 WR across from Lee Evans. Trent Edwards needs to be surrounded by talent there. I like Josh Reed but he just isn't a #2, he's better off as a slot. Same with Peerless Price.

Some more depth is needed at CB as well. Will Jabrari Greer repeat his career year next season or was this year a fluke? A CB in the first 3 rounds is a necessity.

Basically, the defense's main problem has been injuries. When you lose Simpson, Webster, and Pozluzny to IR it's going to make it very difficult to field a great defense, especially when you face teams like the Pats.

Id have a starting LB core of Crowell, Poz, and Ellison with guys like Di Giorgio, Wire, Stamer and Haggans as depth.

Basically, i think your three biggest needs are

1- TE
2- WR
3- CB
I like Smith, but isn't he getting injured a lot?

Roscoe is our slot receiver. He's perfect for it. We need a big, physcial WR opposite of Evans (malcolm kelly, adarius bowman, etc.)

I agree. Greer stepped up this year, but he didn't play phenomenal. He let a lot of passes get by him. If he were taller, he'd be much better. I really want Malcolm Jenkins.

Ellison does not deserve to start. He gets pushed back too often, because he is not strong enough. LB is definitley a big need for us.

are you a Bills fan, or do you just know a lot about them?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-29-2007, 12:34 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Bills DL needs get pushed under the rug a bit. A better pass rusher would be nice, even a situational type, on the edges. Improved interior play is needed. They are likely going to be out of range for Ellis/Dorsey, so taking a gamble on a Pressley in the 2nd/3rd (wherever he grades) or a Moore in the 2nd (although they might have to deal up) might make the most sense. If the interior play improves, I think that they can succeed with their LB trio, although an upgrade of Ellison could still be sought. CB can be found later for the scheme, and this is one of those years where there solid cover 2 types, potential starters, could be found in the 3rd-5th. Offensively, the OL is still too off and on, but I'm not sure what can be done other than getting more experience. Until I know who the OC is, it's tough to gauge what the bigger need is - TE or WR.

I think a successful draft (assuming minimal FA movement) might be something like

1. WR Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
2. TE Fred Davis, Southern California
3. DT Demario Pressley, North Carolina State
3. DE Titus Brown, Mississippi State
4. CB Al Phillips, Wagner
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 07:42 AM    (permalink
Buffalo M
Rookie

Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

It's just happy talk by Kelly with no substance. It's going to be very difficult to keep the Bills here.

With the skyrocketing cap, It will soon mean the major increase in ticket prices. I'm already thinking the price ceiling locally has been maxed. Hope I'm wrong but a major economic turnaround is needed to keep the Bills and Sabres here long term.
Old 12-29-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by toonsterwu View Post
I think the Bills DL needs get pushed under the rug a bit. A better pass rusher would be nice, even a situational type, on the edges. Improved interior play is needed. They are likely going to be out of range for Ellis/Dorsey, so taking a gamble on a Pressley in the 2nd/3rd (wherever he grades) or a Moore in the 2nd (although they might have to deal up) might make the most sense. If the interior play improves, I think that they can succeed with their LB trio, although an upgrade of Ellison could still be sought. CB can be found later for the scheme, and this is one of those years where there solid cover 2 types, potential starters, could be found in the 3rd-5th. Offensively, the OL is still too off and on, but I'm not sure what can be done other than getting more experience. Until I know who the OC is, it's tough to gauge what the bigger need is - TE or WR.

I think a successful draft (assuming minimal FA movement) might be something like

1. WR Malcolm Kelly, Oklahoma
2. TE Fred Davis, Southern California
3. DT Demario Pressley, North Carolina State
3. DE Titus Brown, Mississippi State
4. CB Al Phillips, Wagner
This is alot of what I said. Especiall regarding the DL, OL and WR and TE. I think we could definately use a burner of a DE, say a guy similar to a Tim Robinson (from Texas), just to be a pure pass rusher.

Like I said, I would rather a WR be brought in during FA, because then it isnt necessary to draft one in the 1st. I really love Fred David, if he skyrockets at the combine, I could see it happening that he is picked in the 1st.

The OL, still needs to have something done to it, but Im not 100% sure yet as to what needs to be done.

All in all, Toonster, that is a pretty solid mock.
Old 12-29-2007, 02:58 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
I like Smith, but isn't he getting injured a lot?

Roscoe is our slot receiver. He's perfect for it. We need a big, physcial WR opposite of Evans (malcolm kelly, adarius bowman, etc.)

I agree. Greer stepped up this year, but he didn't play phenomenal. He let a lot of passes get by him. If he were taller, he'd be much better. I really want Malcolm Jenkins.

Ellison does not deserve to start. He gets pushed back too often, because he is not strong enough. LB is definitley a big need for us.

are you a Bills fan, or do you just know a lot about them?
I hate how we can't use Roscoe as much as we'd like to, but right now Josh Reed > Roscoe in the slot
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2007, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
I hate how we can't use Roscoe as much as we'd like to, but right now Josh Reed > Roscoe in the slot
I dont think Reed is better than Parrish in the slot. Usually a slot is used to create a mismatch, because you might find a LB covering the slot, and I dont think there are many Lb's who can cover Roscoe. Reed would be ok as a sub or as a #4 WR, but as a #2, I would like to see someone else.

I like Reed, and I was impressed with him this year, but I think if we had a corps like Lee Evans, Ernest Wilford, Rosoce Parrish and Josh Reed could be good.
Old 12-30-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffalo M View Post
It's just happy talk by Kelly with no substance. It's going to be very difficult to keep the Bills here.

With the skyrocketing cap, It will soon mean the major increase in ticket prices. I'm already thinking the price ceiling locally has been maxed. Hope I'm wrong but a major economic turnaround is needed to keep the Bills and Sabres here long term.
I could be wrong, but I thought the cap has to do with TV revenue, exclusively. Every team has the same amount of money to spend on players based on the leagues TV revenue money.

So, the money the Bills spend on the players we sign is not Ralph's money anyway. Tickets prices shouldn't have to increase just because the cap is going up.
essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default Reed rips Bills' offense --Link--

http://www.billsdaily.com/news/index.shtml#123007

Reed Rips Offense: Josh Reed let out some frustration with the offense after the latest loss. He said his young son could cover their offense. He doesn't understand why they never took shots downfield and they are so vanilla and predictable that defenses have no problems defending against them.

I agree completely

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-30-2007, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Buffalo M
Rookie

Well, we'll have a new OC and a new GM with Marv stepping down ( meaning maybe a new HC ) come next year.

It's all history now. Look ahead and dream.
Old 12-30-2007, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

It's the same motto as the past 7 years.

maybe next year...

Quote:
Quote:
Old 12-31-2007, 01:17 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A ****** could figure out when we were running it today.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2007, 03:09 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default Evans wants long-term contract --LINK

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5779

Quote:
Quote: