Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-01-2008, 04:05 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its always good to hear that someone wants to play in Buffalo. I hope we do sign him long term
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 10:12 AM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how much money do you think he'll want?

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 01:21 PM    (permalink
rukster

all i can say is i want a new gm with past experience who knows what hes doing. im getting sick of the same outcome year after year.
Old 01-01-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't imagine that Jauron would get canned. Unfortunately, that will put him in the same position as he was in Chicago, working with a GM that didn't hire him.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 02:27 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post
how much money do you think he'll want?
That's what I'm worried about. he'll definately want #1 WR money
Old 01-01-2008, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.
Default 2008 Bills Schedule

Home Schedule
Miami, New England, New York Jets, Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle, Cleveland

Away Schedule
Miami, New England, New York Jets, Kansas City, Denver, St. Louis, Arizona, Jacksonville

Is it only me, or does this just look like one super easy schedule? I think we can go 4-2 in our division, and I think we can go 3-1 in each of the NFC and AFC West divisions. CLE and JAX are going to be hard ones. CLE especially if they keep Anderson.

I think that with the schedule we should go 8-8 at the least, and could very well do better than that. Alot is also pending on who we bring in as GM and OC, and what we do in the off-season.

Last edited by Billingsley26 : 01-02-2008 at 02:34 PM.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2008, 08:16 PM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

Except for QB, RB, DE and kicking, the Bills can choose any player and at any position and fill a need. But I think that anyone taken in the first round needs to start that year. I would only take a WR if I felt that he was able to challenge Lee Evans for the #1 spot, I just do not see using a #1 pick for a #2 guy. The need I see the most easy to fill is LB. Dan O'Connor starts right away, and you can then say the LB's are a finished product, with legitimate starters and great depth. The second easiest need to fill is WR. Since it seems that they need time to delevop, that may be easier filled in FA, but Jaison Williams and Jason Carr are huge targets and the Bills only had trouble inside the 20 not getting to it. They NEED to be able to throw a pass to the corner of the end zone and They NEED to have someone able to catch it. I do not know what the issue is at center, maybe the run blocking will get better, as for DT maybe they can tackle better next year? It just comes down to the Bills biggest need of all and that is for Tom Brady to break his arm in game one.
10-6 in 2008.
Old 01-01-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marv levy's older brother View Post
Except for QB, RB, DE and kicking, the Bills can choose any player and at any position and fill a need. But I think that anyone taken in the first round needs to start that year. I would only take a WR if I felt that he was able to challenge Lee Evans for the #1 spot, I just do not see using a #1 pick for a #2 guy. The need I see the most easy to fill is LB. Dan O'Connor starts right away, and you can then say the LB's are a finished product, with legitimate starters and great depth. The second easiest need to fill is WR. Since it seems that they need time to delevop, that may be easier filled in FA, but Jaison Williams and Jason Carr are huge targets and the Bills only had trouble inside the 20 not getting to it. They NEED to be able to throw a pass to the corner of the end zone and They NEED to have someone able to catch it. I do not know what the issue is at center, maybe the run blocking will get better, as for DT maybe they can tackle better next year? It just comes down to the Bills biggest need of all and that is for Tom Brady to break his arm in game one.
10-6 in 2008.
Our passing game only had trouble in the red zone???? No...

And a #2 WR is still a starter, so I don't mind taking him that early. Why not establish a good WR duo? We need a WR, and Evans isn't even playing like a #1 to begin with
If you think Jaison Williams is going to solve our WR trouble, we're just not on the same page at all.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 12:58 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Primary Needs
WR
TE
LB
CB

Secondary Needs
C
DT
DE
H-Back
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 01:07 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

John Diorgio is not starter in this league. Don't get me wrong he's a solid player and would prove as good depth with Ellison but I'd much rather keep Posluszny in the middle with Crowell and a guy like Keith Rivers flanking him.

WR and TE are huge needs. They need to be addressed or it's going to be more of the same next year.
Old 01-02-2008, 01:13 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im so confused. We played the giants as well as many other teams not on that schedule.

is that the 08, Billingsley?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Yeah, that is the 08 schedule. Sorry about that.
Old 01-02-2008, 03:27 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills2083 View Post

are you a Bills fan, or do you just know a lot about them?
Not a bills fan, but i live in Toronto, and i get the Buffalo area networks. So i've seen just about every Bills game this year.
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Levy Weighs in on Way Out

http://buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5781

Quote:
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Old 01-03-2008, 05:35 AM    (permalink
Buffalo M
Rookie

Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Buffalo M hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I agree with Marv but he hired a coach who runs schemes on Offense ( 2nd last in AFC, only 5 yards more than KC ) and Defense (last) that do not work. That means a long way to go before sniffing a wild card spot.

It's all happy talk until you prove it out on the field. Any team of quality can beat Buffalo with ease, at present.

The Bills now have an opporunity to get bigger on D up the middle and hire an actual talent for Offensive Coordinator. Who knows if Ralph Wilson will even entertain a fresh set of eyes for GM, instead of promoting someone from within who has no GM experience ( it won't be Tom Modrak. He turned it down before Marv because he wishes to scout and live in Jacksonville ).

Let's see what happens. I'm hoping but past history makes me highly skeptical.
Buffalo M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought the team made a lot of positive strides this season. We are after all breaking in a rookie QB and rookies have up and down games making your offense look inconsistant. As Edwards matures those errors will become far less frequent and our offense could be quite something, but I do agree that we need another threat in the receiving core whether that be a TE or a WR.
Jauron inherited most of his defensive players and not all of them may suit a Cover 2. Massive DT's don't play in a Cover 2 defense, maybe an improvement in the LBing core would help.
We are certainly going to miss Levy as a talent evaluator as his drafts have been super, hopefully he is leaving a solid scouting department behind so the good drafting can continue.
Old 01-03-2008, 01:18 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billingsley26 View Post
Yeah, that is the 08 schedule. Sorry about that.
i wrote 07 all over everything today and will mindlessly do so for another 2 weeks. It's ok.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Default JP wants out of Buffalo

So JP wants out. Am I surprised? Nope. Am I upset? Nope. Good luck to whoever wants him.

http://canadianpress.google.com/arti...6TRp7JTZQZp3LQ
Old 01-05-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
TapouT

he has a sick arm so i know some team out there thats desperate near the start of the season will take a chance on him but he has a hard time running a offense. Look for one of the teams that loose on Anderson & Mcnabb to take a chance on him.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Yea, I think your right, and someone probably will take a chance on him. I wouldnt reccomend him, but I still think he would be an allright backup who could fill in successfully at certain times.
Old 01-05-2008, 12:46 AM    (permalink
TapouT

yea but the main thing is he doesent want to be a backup thats the reason he wants out of Buffalo. But I do think your right and i think he will prob end up in a place where there not sure about there starter like Minesota (if they dont land Nabb or Anderson).
Old 01-05-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

He's another trade asset and I think we could atleast muster up a 4th rounder for him in the upcoming draft.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:37 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

I wish JP all the luck in the world. I feel bad. this is a guy who tried hard and did everything he could to be accepted by the city of Buffalo. I hope we can deal him to a place where he can start and we get a 09 conditional draft pick for him. I'd like to see it be an 09 4th with potential to be a 3rd if certain performance levels are hit.
Old 01-08-2008, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Default Some wanted McNally gone, and they got their wish. McNally retiring after 43 years...

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=5789

McNally calling it a career

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-08-2008, 06:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good career, I liked him while he was here. Kugler seems to have made a good impression in his short time here, I'm okay with him, assuming he'll take over
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote