Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-13-2008, 11:16 AM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
I could also see us drafting a top OT to replace Walker. This year's OT crop is being talked about as the best in the last 20 years. With Peters and another great OT, we'd have a very potent offensive line.
We could also trade back to a position where value for a WR is reasonable and pick up extra picks.
If we do consider a CB it won't be Talib who just isn't very physical and his tackling ability is weak for a player his size. He's much more suited to man to man coverage.
Flowers is probably the best Cover 2 CB in this year's draft and we could trade back for him and pick up extra picks.
Rivers is also a strong possibility as is Harvey DE.
We appear to have a lot of options open to us and it will be very interesting to see how our new GM functions. Either way I see this draft significantly improving our team.
You're right it is a great OT crop.......and that's exactly why we should wait until round 3 or 4 to take an OT. You don't spend the 11th pick on a RT, especially when you can get one in the middle rounds this year that would normally be a 1st or 2nd rounder in other years.

I don't know if you guy's have noticed but the Jets have been making some big moves on defense with the addition of Kris Jenkins and Calvin Pace. In order to counter that, we need to do something on offense. Last year we had a patchwork defense with very few, if any, stars and it did a really good job. This year we added some serious talent to that defense but our struggling offense is still just as bad.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2008, 07:33 PM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

I was opposed to a WR in round one. Never liked the idea of drafting your number two receiver with your 1st pick. I understand the need for a big target cuz the redzone offense sucked, an there was no one to who could go up after a soft pass in the end zone corner. I can remember only one easy TD pass and it was to Gaines. Maybe you can get the same results with a TE in the 2nd or 3rd round? The only reason to take a WR at 11 is if you think Evans will bolt or you will not be able to resign him next year. I would be happy with a CB or DE at 11. No problem with that choice.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:42 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default A nation mourns...

Stamerica is no more.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:46 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

STAMERICA! **** YEAH!

Needless to say, I will miss staring into those eyes of his.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:47 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ummm, what?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008, 10:54 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
ummm, what?

Perhaps familiarize before criticize?

Old 03-27-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post

Perhaps familiarize before criticize?
You rule, fisch. As does the only existing picture of Josh Stamer.
Old 03-27-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Who do we have now who will run up to the crowd before the opening kickoff. Truly a sad day. I feel your pain Mcgee.
Billingsley26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:30 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Compensatory Picks

Just got a text from the Bills, and we got a

4th and 7th round compensatory picks. I will take it.
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 06:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I'm really liking that 4th. We need some strong depth and competition on both lines and at safety. Still good BPA territory, as well.
Old 03-31-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

Best we've gotten in a while. I love compensatory picks. Like manna from heaven.

Old 04-10-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Cason at 11

It think this would be a definite reach but I have been hearing the Bills really really like him

Her is just one of the links that talk about it. I also read him being taken by us at 11 on some forum.

http://www.newerascouting.com/home/2...on-2/#more-278

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 12:05 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've read the same reports about you guys being interested, which scares me because were another team with a 1st round grade and I really want him at 22...Dont buy that reach stuff, Cason is a stud and can play man or zone, he's really smart and has great instincts, along with that he has playmaking skills for a db which is rare to find...I dont think he would be a bad pick at 11, but im hoping you guys go Devin Thomas so he makes it to us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:09 AM    (permalink
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
Rookie

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like him the most of all the CBs. As a Bills fan myself, I would not mind this pick in the least.

Sig by BoneKrusher
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:01 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Do you have any links saying that the Bills are interested in Cason?
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:15 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw this on scout.com awhile back and posted it in our team forum:

Quote:
A league source has told Scout.com that Buffalo, Carolina, Arizona, Tampa, Pittsburgh, Dallas and Green Bay all have first-round grades on Cason.

Have to search for the link, doesnt go into specifics about who will draft who, but its just something to think about...I think he's about as safe as a pick as you can get, with plenty potential, which is why I dont think he would be a reach at all at 11...Scott among other people have him rated way too low, this guy will not be going mid to late 2nd round.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:21 PM    (permalink
art vandelay
Team Leader
All-Pro

art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.art vandelay wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I saw this on scout.com awhile back and posted it in our team forum:

Have to search for the link, doesnt go into specifics about who will draft who, but its just something to think about...I think he's about as safe as a pick as you can get, with plenty potential, which is why I dont think he would be a reach at all at 11...Scott among other people have him rated way too low, this guy will not be going mid to late 2nd round.
Thanks, I appreciate it.
art vandelay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.Billingsley26 is a cocksman.

Would not have a problem with it at all.
Old 04-13-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Perfect fit for the Bills system but you might be able to get him in round two.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Billingsley26
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
Perfect fit for the Bills system but you might be able to get him in round two.
Highly doubt it. To me, everyone is underestimating Justin King and Antoine Cason right now. I think they will both be taken in the first.
Old 04-14-2008, 12:25 AM    (permalink
essential
Rookie

essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.essential is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cason is my fav CB prospect in the draft. I have had him in my mocks all along, going to us no later than the second, but he's been my first round pick the last month or so.

Right now I have us trading down with the Eagles and taking him at #19, but I would have no problem at all taking him at #11.

This is the NFL draft, not a boyscout draft.

essential is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 07:36 PM    (permalink
DollarBill3181
Rookie

DollarBill3181 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default Buffalo Bills 2008 Schedule

Preseason
DAY DATE OPPONENT TV TIME
Thu. 8/7 @ Washington Redskins WKBW 7:00 PM
Thu. 8/14 PITTSBURGH STEELERS WKBW 7:30 PM
Sun. 8/24 @ Indianapolis Colts NFL Network 8:00 PM
Thu. 8/28 DETROIT LIONS WKBW 6:30 PM

Regular Season
DAY DATE OPPONENT TV TIME
Sun. 9/7 SEATTLE SEAHAWKS FOX 1:00 PM
Sun. 9/14 @ Jacksonville Jaguars CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 9/21 OAKLAND RAIDERS CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 9/28 @ St. Louis Rams CBS 4:05 PM
Sun. 10/5 @ Arizona Cardinals CBS 4:15 PM
BYE 10/12 BYE
Sun. 10/19 SAN DIEGO CHARGERS CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 10/26 @ Miami Dolphins CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 11/2 NEW YORK JETS CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 11/9 @ New England Patriots CBS 1:00 PM
Mon. 11/17 CLEVELAND BROWNS ESPN 8:30 PM
Sun. 11/23 @ Kansas City Chiefs CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 11/30 SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 12/7 MIAMI DOLPHINS CBS 4:05 PM
Sun. 12/14 @ New York Jets CBS 1:00 PM
Sun. 12/21 @ Denver Broncos CBS 4:05 PM
Sun. 12/28 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS CBS 1:00 PM
*All games and times subject to change

Thoughts?

MY BILLS DRAFT NEEDS (in order): WR, CB, TE, OL, QB2
DollarBill3181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:28 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

I don't like at all that the Miami game is in Toronto

San Diego at home after the bye, you never know.

We need to keep our composure (assuming the team is running at least decently) after we get beat in New England. Cleveland on Monday Night is a huge game and is followed by many winnable games in a row leading up to the season finale. I don't see any particularly very rough stretch in the schedule. Early wins would be a nice change this year, and they're definitely possible. Oakland and St. Louis for sure are doable, Seattle and Arizona are toss-ups at best that we can't have a very clear picture of just yet. Obviously if we want a good season we have to do our part to keep the Jets and Dolphins beneath us.
Old 04-16-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

looks like about 5 to 7 wins. Realistically, Edwards probably won't have a breakout season until the following year and that will limit us to pretty well being below average until he is ready.
Old 04-16-2008, 08:21 AM    (permalink
ABWA757

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
looks like about 5 to 7 wins. Realistically, Edwards probably won't have a breakout season until the following year and that will limit us to pretty well being below average until he is ready.
Ive never seen such a pessimistic bills fan.