Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2007, 10:41 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yeah I haven't seen this anywhere either. If true, which I'll trust it is, does this mean we will more than likely not re-sign Davis?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, we are on a real spending spree but this guy isn't much.
Old 03-02-2007, 11:41 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default After the 0line. now we need to

go out and get Chris Brown HB from Tennesse.
with McGahee pretty much gone. we need a HB
and he should be the running back
Old 03-03-2007, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Brown is an average RB. Average with injury concerns. I'd pass. I like T.J. Duckett and then draft his compliment in the draft.

Justin Griffith and Nick Harper next please.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've been pimping T.J. Duckett for a couple of days now and I think we could get him at a good price.

Daimon Shelton isn't going to be back. FB is a need and I don't see Levy addressing it in the draft. Justin Griffith should be one of our main targets here.

Nick Harper could give us some good CB depth with McGee and Youbouty adn Greer. He fits the system and could give Youbouty some more time to develop.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love to see Harper here. Duckett could be nice, for the correct price. I doubt we will pay enough for Griffith, he will be around the 3 million per mark imo.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:19 AM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I wonder how much cap space we have to work with...
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:20 AM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Yes picking up T.J. Duckett, hopefully shipping McGahee off for Denver's 2nd and picking up ANTONIO PITTMAN in round 2. Pittman n' Duckett.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd guess we are done in FA. I think the rest of the improvements will come from the draft.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:38 AM    (permalink
WooWoo21
Rookie

WooWoo21 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im really hoping we get Harper. I think he gives Youboty the best chance to develop as a starter. If we bring in Hood who knows what happens with Youboty. Id like to see us draft a FB like Leron Mcclain rather than over paying for one in free agency. So with that being said we could use a CB, and possibly a RB. I think we are just about done spending money to be honest with you. One more mid level name with giant upside and we will be good to go. I predict one trade, one release, and possibly two signings then it will be time for the draft.

Here to convert the Bills Haters of the World.
WooWoo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 09:56 AM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Actually we had Peters at RT before Pennington, so it technically wasn't an improvement htere, but our tackle situation as a whole became better, which is obviously what you meant.
And I also hope thats not how much we gave Walker. I see him as someone that should have to compete the job and improve from last year. That's not what the money says, though.
And who is Morgan?
Thats right, forgot it was Peters, he was so good at LT I guess I just assumed he was there all year. And Matt Morgan was a mistake, I meant Brad Butler.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:42 AM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

I can't believe we paid Langston Walker that much and Derrick Dockery. overpaid imo.
Yes we needed an upgraded but to give out that much.....wow.
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:44 AM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

How much?
Just another ST.

The way their are spending right now it's most likley a 5 year 35mill
Old 03-03-2007, 10:46 AM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

Good for Nate, but now that he is paid watch him slack off a bit.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:53 AM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

http://buffalobills.com/multimedia/i...s?mswmext=.asx

Free Agent Signing Press Conference
Old 03-03-2007, 11:39 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Its funny, Scott knows how to actually access a plyer, but because most teams are homers they tend to overrate there own players and cant stand another outsider critisizing them.

The Browns are very bad at this. Theres still people out there that think Charlie Frye can lead us to the super bowl.

Losman was close to being a career backup after 2005-2006. But Last year he had an average year and now Bills fans say he is top 10 in the league.

The Pats are still alot better than the Bills. And your only wild card hopes are the Jets being bad, but they have a brighter future than the Bills so I doubt they take a step back.

Losing Nate Clements, Putting Mcgahee on the block and getting rid of an average LB in Fletcher and then putting Spikes on the block isnt exactly how you take a step forward. Then signing Langstan Walker (who got benched on the worste OL in the NFL) isnt something to brag about.

Try to be realistic guys. It sounds more like a rebuilding stage than a playoff push to me.

Last edited by JoeMontainya : 03-03-2007 at 11:43 AM.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
Its funny, Scott knows how to actually access a plyer, but because most teams are homers they tend to overrate there own players and cant stand another outsider critisizing them.

The Browns are very bad at this. Theres still people out there that think Charlie Frye can lead us to the super bowl.

Losman was close to being a career backup after 2005-2006. But Last year he had an average year and now Bills fans say he is top 10 in the league.

The Pats are still alot better than the Bills. And your only wild card hopes are the Jets being bad, but they have a brighter future than the Bills so I doubt they take a step back.

Putting Mcgahee on the block and getting rid of an average LB isnt exactly how you take a step forward. Then signing Langstan Walker (who got benched on the worste OL in the NFL) isnt something to brag about.

Try to be realistic guys.
stop posting on the Bills board. thanks
Old 03-03-2007, 11:48 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by art vandelay View Post
Darrelle Revis, Leon Hall or Amobi Okoye (yes, I know he is a DB) will be a Buffalo Bill.

A concern I have with the CB's now is McGee. He was very dissapointing last season and now we have to fill a #1 void as well. Looks like the Youboty learning curve will have to be acccelerated greatly.
McGee is no #1, but he got better in the second half of the season just as Clements did.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:58 AM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

No I wont, im intitled to, just like Scott did, the only difference is your not man enough to tell Scott to leave.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:02 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

Quote:
No I wont, im intitled to, just like Scott did, the only difference is your not man enough to tell Scott to leave.
I was not here, and Scott runs the place so he can do what he wants to do.
Unlike you. The Brows are 1 of the worst teams in FB, and most people think that. http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...ead.php?t=2291
So you can't talk sh!t.

Last edited by bills_red : 03-03-2007 at 12:24 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:05 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

We beat you last year in preseason.

Dont ever forget this....The Bills are picking 12th, not 32!

Once Losman gets to the playoffs you can talk him up.

Last edited by JoeMontainya : 03-03-2007 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

Quote:
We beat you last year in preseason, so you equally suck. You wont make the playoffs with the Pats in Jets, so sorry bout your luck.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA PRE-season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We killed the Jets last year and had a close game the other time.
Sept. 24 NY Jets L 28-20
Dec. 10 @ NY Jets W 31-13

So you have no point. You won't make the playoffs becasue you guys just plan suck. Have fun with #1 pick in '08.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:11 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

You guys talk up a young RT that just got replaced at starter for a player that got bench on the worste OL in football.

Last edited by JoeMontainya : 03-03-2007 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:13 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

great signing Bills fans, the Pats are losing there gap in the division.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:

Losing Nate Clements, Putting Mcgahee on the block and getting rid of an average LB in Fletcher and then putting Spikes on the block isnt exactly how you take a step forward. Then signing Langstan Walker (who got benched on the worste OL in the NFL) isnt something to brag about.

Try to be realistic guys. It sounds more like a rebuilding stage than a playoff push to me.
Looked like a regular debate to me. Half of the people in the thread aren't even defending Pennington. He shouldn't be handed the starting job, but we all know that neither should Walker. Some competition would've been nice, but our words and checks point to just giving our money and the starting role to a guy who really ought to be proving something first. I expected a signing of this type of talent-level, but for competition reasons, not for grand larseny and a guaranteed starting gig. I guess I just don't see how this would make me a homer.
And I'd say Losman is a top 15 QB, with an argument for top 12. A decent amount of people have potential to pass him this year, however, but he could do the same to a few other names as well.