Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Buffalo Bills Team Forum

Buffalo Bills Team Forum Discuss the Bills

View Poll Results: Who will Win the AFC East?
Bills 3 60.00%
Patriots 2 40.00%
Dolphins 0 0%
Jets 0 0%
Voters: 5. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2007, 12:18 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

JoeMontainya needs more cowbell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcgee View Post
Looked like a regular debate to me. Half of the people in the thread aren't even defending Pennington. He shouldn't be handed the starting job, but we all know that neither should Walker. Some competition would've been nice, but our words and checks point to just giving our money and the starting role to a guy who really ought to be proving something first. I expected a signing of this type of talent-level, but for competition reasons, not for grand larseny and a guaranteed starting gig. I guess I just don't see how this would make me a homer.
And I'd say Losman is a top 15 QB, with an argument for top 12. A decent amount of people have potential to pass him this year, however, but he could do the same to a few other names as well.
Thank you for not being imature and jumping my case just because you didnt agree with the post. It was a normal debate that some Bills fans really take out of hand. Truth hurts.
JoeMontainya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:21 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do not come into other peoples boards and talk trash. There is nothing wrong with posting in someones elses forum to talk about something, but coming in here and being a troll is just as bad, if not worse than being a troll in every other forum.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:26 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

How is it talking trash? What did I say that Scott didnt? Like the other Bills poster said "Looked like a regular debate to me". Its these posters that are still 16 that bring the fight, I brought "the debate". There is a huge difference Guru, and once it might have escaladed unto a fight, they did not act accordingly themselves.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:44 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeMontainya View Post
How is it talking trash? What did I say that Scott didnt? Like the other Bills poster said "Looked like a regular debate to me". Its these posters that are still 16 that bring the fight, I brought "the debate". There is a huge difference Guru, and once it might have escaladed unto a fight, they did not act accordingly themselves.
I must start wording my posts better, because I can not stand you right now. It was a normal debate before you came in saying "Scott automatically trumps your knowledge" and calling everbody a homer and making claims on a player (Pennington) that you more than likely haven't seen more than 5 minures of.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
HoopsDemon12
Pro Bowler

HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.HoopsDemon12 could make a wolverine purr.

Seeing that last night after losing a game to send us to provincials right before ...wow completly ruined my day...but how we going to compete with that kind of offer anyway

Sig By Diehardvikingfan
HoopsDemon12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 01:15 PM    (permalink
JoeMontainya
Veteran

You guys said the Browns are the worste team in the NFL, they suck and all of o ur players will be hurt and get arrested, so how are you any better? Hypocrit!

PS, Scott obviously trumps you high schoolers.
Old 03-03-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You are doing exactly what I told you not to.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Joe, you are a lousy piece of ****. No one is saying that Losman is a top 10 quarterback. All anyone has said in this is that he isn't as bad as some people had labeled him before the season and that he has progressed more this season than we though he would. Its not our fault your team is so terrible that you need to find something to go off on because your team is so uninteresting and terrible. The only arguments that have been going on in here before you came along were that art and a couple others thought Scott was wrong for saying that Losman won't be a Bill in 2-3 years and that we should draft Levi Brown to address our right tackle need. You are just a big smelly Brown turd. Please, never come back, thanks.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 02:40 PM    (permalink
Space Ghost
Veteran

Space Ghost hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
great signing Bills fans, the Pats are losing there gap in the division.
Hilarious.
Space Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Losman was close to being a career backup after 2005-2006. But Last year he had an average year and now Bills fans say he is top 10 in the league.

The Pats are still alot better than the Bills. And your only wild card hopes are the Jets being bad, but they have a brighter future than the Bills so I doubt they take a step back.

Losing Nate Clements, Putting Mcgahee on the block and getting rid of an average LB in Fletcher and then putting Spikes on the block isnt exactly how you take a step forward. Then signing Langstan Walker (who got benched on the worste OL in the NFL) isnt something to brag about.

Try to be realistic guys. It sounds more like a rebuilding stage than a playoff push to me.
Yeah because 8 games is enough game tape to decide if Losman is a starting QB or not.

The Patriots are the class of the division and I don't think anyone will disagree with that statement but the Jets don't have a brighter future then the Bills. They are what they are a team that overachived last year. Not to mention we outplayed them twice last year.

In the first matchup we had a 300 yard passer, a 100 Yd. Receiver and a 150 Yard RB but a mishap here and there cost us the game. Later on in the year we dominated from the outset. I don't see how they have a better future than the Bills.

Nate Clements is a very good CB but was he worth that money? Say yes with a straight face.

London Fletcher is a good LB but he doesn't fit this scheme that the Bills have implemented. Why invest in money in a LB that is getting long in the teeth that doesn't fit the scheme? No answer is needed here. It was a rhetorical question.

Takeo Spikes is on his last legs and like Fletcher he isn't the type of LB that is needed in this scheme. Our 6th Rd. draft pick Keith Ellison outplayed him last year. If we can get good value for Spikes we come out on top here too.

Langston Walker is an enigma. I don't know if he was brought in as a G or a T but he's good depth nonetheless and I think McNally who is considered one of the top OL coaches in the league can help him work out the kinks.

You're a Browns fan you should be the last person to come on another team's forum and troll. LMAO at bragging over a preseason win. I mean I don't think ever seen someone brag about a preseason game.

Good points all around though Champ.
Leon Sandcastle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:47 PM    (permalink
jkb528
Rookie

jkb528 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How 'bout bringing Travis Henry back? He's still young and doesn't have a ton of mileage, the real question is: would he want to come back to Buffalo considering how he got benched in favor of McGahee, and then traded. My thinking is that since we have a different coach and different GM from when he was here last, we might be able to coax him back, especially since he would be familiar with the area and the facilities. He'd probably cost a good chunk of change though, since he's comming off a very good year in Tennessee, although maybe not as much as it would cost to extend Willis' contract, since Henry isnt the self-proclaimed "best runningback in the NFL"...
jkb528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 04:54 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

bills_red needs more cowbell.

What about Ed Hartwell?
Played very well before going to the ATL.
bills_red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:31 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Leon Sandcastle is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWhitner20 View Post
Yes picking up T.J. Duckett, hopefully shipping McGahee off for Denver's 2nd and picking up ANTONIO PITTMAN in round 2. Pittman n' Duckett.
Antonio Pittman and T.J. Duckett wouldn't be bad either. I met Pittman a couple of weeks back. Real nice guy.

Draft
1-Alan Branch-DT Michigan
2-Antonio Pittman-RB Ohio St.
2-Eric Wright-CB UNLV
3-Paul Williams-WR Fresno St.
4-Tim Shaw-OLB Penn St.
6-Jeff Rowe-QB Nevada
7-T.J. Downing-G Ohio St.

Free Agents
Derrick Dockery-G
Langston Walker-T/G
Jason Whittle-G
Cortez Hankton-WR
Nick Harper-CB
T.J. Duckett-RB
Justin Griffith-FB

How do you say successful offseason in Spanish?
Old 03-03-2007, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do you figure we get Branch? Also, signing Harper, Griffith, and Duckett is way too ambitious imo. Maybe, maybe we can get one. I really dont see us spending big money anywhere else besides the draft.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:37 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

What about going after another OG? Floyd Womack, I think he signed a 1 year contract last year for around a million or two. With him at RG we would be stacked at O-Line. 6'4' / 330
Old 03-03-2007, 07:12 PM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

It is my guess that Willis will start for the bills and if the line is any good he will rush for 1200-1400 yds this year. He smells a pay day in free agency.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:39 PM    (permalink
marv levy's older brother

I am temporarily retracting my desire for the bills to trade down in the draft. The Oline issue seems to be solved so there is no need to stock up on 2nd round picks. My assumptions are that TKO will stay, and so will McGahee. The first round should either be a CB or DT/DE. I am leaning to the Dline because disrupting Brady and Pennington will be important. The second round should be a reciever, either a tight end or a wide reciever. Third round goes to LB or CB. Fourth round goes toeither a LB or CB depends on what happened in the third round. Fifth round goes to Le'Ron McClain.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post
How do you figure we get Branch? Also, signing Harper, Griffith, and Duckett is way too ambitious imo. Maybe, maybe we can get one. I really dont see us spending big money anywhere else besides the draft.
It's not out of this world that Branch drops. Ambitious yes but dammit fork over the cash.
Old 03-03-2007, 11:38 PM    (permalink
Leon Sandcastle
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmoyer421 View Post
I heard an interview on Sirius radio with Antonio Pittman. He basically said that he was a Bills fan growing up and tries to imitate his game like Thurman Thomas.

I know there are backs that maybe better than Pittman out there in the draft, but finally a kid that is OPPOSITE than McGAhee, one that would LOVE to play for Buffalo.

Just think Thomas was a second rounder, Pittman could be too
Seriously? That's great to hear. Like I said in another thread I met him a couple weeks back. He's a real nice guy and down to earth. I poked fun at him for entering the draft and I wished him luck at the combine.

Wanted to ask him about his thoughts on playing for the Bills but thought better of it. But I wouldnt' lose any sleep if Marv Levy chose him with a 2nd rounder.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!!
Rookie

TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Tony Hunt in 2nd rd.
TAMBA is HUNGRY!!!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:29 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're not interested in Chris Brown

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?post_id=1064
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Craigo
Rookie

Craigo hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
It's not that I like to rip on you Bill fans but you do make it pretty easy. :)

In all seriousness all fans overrated their teams talent but you guys have taken it to another level lately with Losman, Pennington, etc.
Hahaha... You should listen to Buffalo Bills radio.

These guys are pretty tame with their overrating of players. I live in Ontario and get Buffalo Bills radio, and a lot of people I know listen to it only for comic value. It's ridiculous. You would think they were a Super Bowl team after they win a game, and the worst team in the league after they lose one. Is all local NFL radio like this?

Thanks jkpigskin!
Craigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 03:42 PM    (permalink
bills_red
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigo View Post
Hahaha... You should listen to Buffalo Bills radio.

These guys are pretty tame with their overrating of players. I live in Ontario and get Buffalo Bills radio, and a lot of people I know listen to it only for comic value. It's ridiculous. You would think they were a Super Bowl team after they win a game, and the worst team in the league after they lose one. Is all local NFL radio like this?
I listen to WGR550 and they don't do that. What do you listen to?
Old 03-04-2007, 11:45 PM    (permalink
heavyduty
Rookie

heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.heavyduty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Bills should have signed L.Davis

We definetly should have given him the big bucks and signed him to play OG for us, Dockery is decent but definetly isnt worth the money we are paying him and walker kinda seems like a Mike Williams to me. I'm happy that we are addressing o-line in FA but i dont think we made the smartest signings. Davis could have been a hell of agood guard beside Peters and our whole offence would have benefited from it.
"it won't change not one way how I play this week no matter what the fine is. You can't stop playing defense the way defense has always been created to play." - Ray Lewis after being fined $20,000 for hit on Hines Ward

Let's Go BUFFALO!
heavyduty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 01:34 AM    (permalink
DWhitner20
Veteran

DWhitner20 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Lol and Leonard Davis dosen't remind you of Mike Williams? Both from Texas, both huge and overweight and both major underachievers and dissapointments considering where they were picked at.
DWhitner20 is offline   Reply With Quote