Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Tennessee Titans Team Forum

Tennessee Titans Team Forum Discuss the Titans

Old 03-05-2007, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't look initially like Bobby Wade will be back.

Quote:
With Bennett gone, the Titans are even thinner at receiver, and the agent for Bobby Wade told The City Paper that “there is nothing going on with the Titans and Bobby right now.” The Titans’ initial offer to Wade was less than $1 million per year, far lower than what they were expecting.
http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/in...&news_id=54953

I have no problem with that. I'd love to have Wade back as a slot receiver and KR/PR option, but he's NOT a guy we should overpay for. Guys like him can be had anywhere. Who knows, we might even already have one like him on the roster (Roby?). That said, I would like to bring him back, because he apparently is a real positive influence in the locker room and Fisher seems to have a mancrush on him. Just don't overpay for a freaking slot receiver.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:08 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey, we signed someone.....

Kerry Collins. Hahaha
Old 03-05-2007, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

By the way, Kevin Carter just signed with Tampa Bay. I swear to god if we have to start Travis LaBoy at DE next year I'm gonna puke. And don't even get me started on Randy Starks if someone else isn't brought in.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:15 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like the Collins signing. Veteran back-up than can play if VY goes down with inury(*knocks on wood*). I still think he can win games, but the situation he was thrown into last year was a mess.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I actually like the Collins signing. Veteran back-up than can play if VY goes down with inury(*knocks on wood*). I still think he can win games, but the situation he was thrown into last year was a mess.
Yeah, I'm fine with it too. I just thought that for our first FA signing, it was rather anti-climactic
Old 03-05-2007, 04:30 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Angry

we need to ******* bring in some bigger names we have huge amount of cap room ******* do something
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:31 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We signed more talented player last season with less cap.....This sucks right now. Atleast reese signed people and resigned aome of are talented players. On the side note i like the resigning of Kerry Colins.

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm
smittyjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 04:33 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.smittyjs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53 View Post
By the way, Kevin Carter just signed with Tampa Bay. I swear to god if we have to start Travis LaBoy at DE next year I'm gonna puke. And don't even get me started on Randy Starks if someone else isn't brought in.
Well if we don't improve are run defense and pass rush i really don't see how we will be able to win more than five games.

Old 03-05-2007, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Guys, there's no need to jump off a cliff right now. The last thing we needed to do was give some ridiculous contracts to ridiculously average players. I was just hoping we'd sign some stop gaps for the DL like Kevin Carter or Dewayne White (who's making $29M by the way, don't want him now lol).

I think we need to sign a #2 RB, maybe some depth on the DL (not much there), and try to go after a WR. I'd make a push for Stallworth, but he reportedly wants $18M guaranteed. I would NOT use all our cap space on this crop of mediocre free agents. I'd sign a couple of guys, then try to lock up some of our young core guys long term, like Roos, Bell, and maybe even Haynesworth, though I'm not entirely sure that will happen.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:44 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I'm fine with it too. I just thought that for our first FA signing, it was rather anti-climactic
I feel ya. This offseason has been pretty uneventful.

The release of Henry and him signing with Denver tells me that the coaching staff believes LenDale can be our starting back. I would like to see a RB rotation on White and Brown, that is, if we re-sign Brown. Add in a 3rd down back, I think our RB's will be just fine.

The way I'm looking at it right now, the Titans are going to have the most cap space than any other team next year. Anybody have a list of the FA's for next year? :)

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:03 PM    (permalink
TitanAddict
Rookie

TitanAddict hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Kerry Collins was re-signed today ... YES!!!

just kidding :(

It doesn't really matter who our backup is. If VY goes down, our team is F'd.
"A lot of people say this and say that about us, but thatís a good thing. We want to keep it low, and we donít want all the hype going with the Tennessee Titans. We want to just keep it low. Yíall just keep talking about us, talking bad about us, so we can just continue to go out there each week and show the whole world what type of football team we are." -- Vince Young

T-minus 1 year until the beginning of the Titans Dynasty!
TitanAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2007, 06:56 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanAddict View Post
Kerry Collins was re-signed today ... YES!!!

just kidding :(

It doesn't really matter who our backup is. If VY goes down, our team is F'd.
This is a GREAT signing for the Titans. I mean, Collins has a big arm and is a proven winner whose taken a team to the SuperBowl...

Oh, wait...I forgot...it's the year 2007 and Collins suxors...
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:13 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Bobby Wade signed with Minnesota.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Schefter from NFL.com
Minnesota reached an agreement with free agent wide receiver Bobby Wade on a five-year, $15 million deal.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

That is mildly disappointing. I really liked Wade and what he brought to the table as a slot receiver. He was consistent as a kickoff returner....consistently average, but consistent nonetheless. I would have liked to have seen him back with us, but I think Roby can fill that role adequately unless we bring someone else in. Roby can definately return kicks, he did it his rookie year, and he has good speed. He'll have to put up slightly better numbers than he did his rookie year though, but I think we can be fine with him. And if we pick someone else up, even better.

We most definately need to add some WR's to this team now though. No doubt about it.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:43 PM    (permalink
49ersfan_87
Pro Bowler

49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.49ersfan_87 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We most definately need to add some WR's to this team now though. No doubt about it.

What about david givens? Isn't he going to be the number one?
49ersfan_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2007, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well, no one knows when Givens is gonna be back. His knee injury was pretty severe. There's talk that he might not be ready until mid-way through next season. There's also a couple of rumors that he could be ready for training camp. Truth is no one really knows right now, and the FO is being very hush hush about it. he tore his ACL, tore his meniscus, and broke a bone in his knee.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, no one knows when Givens is gonna be back. His knee injury was pretty severe. There's talk that he might not be ready until mid-way through next season. There's also a couple of rumors that he could be ready for training camp. Truth is no one really knows right now, and the FO is being very hush hush about it. he tore his ACL, tore his meniscus, and broke a bone in his knee.
Yeah, given the serious nature of Givens' injury, the loss of Bennett/Wade, and uncertainty over whether Roby can be a consistent slot WR, I feel like the Titans need to sign a vet FA (if not now, then after June 1st cuts) AND draft a WR sometime in the 1st day of the draft.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Still seems so weird that he could screw his knee up that freaking bad without even being contacted. I mean, it didn't even look like anything happened. Just further shows that we are snakebitten when it comes to FA WR's, lol..
Old 03-07-2007, 12:45 PM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro

stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has joe horn been signed? i wouldn't mind bringing him in...

Also i would love to see us trade for Willis McGahee, i think hes a great player...

Donte Stallworth can suck my finger, i really dont want him...

Robert Meachem will be a Titan...

:)
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenson86 View Post
has joe horn been signed? i wouldn't mind bringing him in...

Also i would love to see us trade for Willis McGahee, i think hes a great player...

Donte Stallworth can suck my finger, i really dont want him...

Robert Meachem will be a Titan...

:)
I think I read a quote where Reinfeldt said that he thought Horn was a good player but that they weren't actively pursuing him.

I think Willis a great player; but it would probably take a 2nd rounder & a player to get him. And as good as Willis might be, I think we have too many holes to be trading away our draft picks for a position that's not a glaring need (other than a depth need at the position behind LenDale).

I'm not a huge fan of Stallworth, but I wouldn't mind bringing him in at the right price. When he's healthy (which isn't very often), he brings a real speed element that our offense is lacking, IMO. However, I'm sure that his price-tag will be too high. Ultimately, this offseason, I think we need to bring in a vet WR AND a rookie WR.

Meachem would be a great WR to get, but with our needs on the DL and our uncertainty at CB (thanks to Pacman & our inability to get Asante/Bly/Clements), I'm leaning towards waiting a little bit on WR and taking one in the 3rd or 4th round (maybe Jason Hill, Johnnie Lee Higgins, Steve Smith, Jacoby Jones, etc.).
Old 03-07-2007, 06:53 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

I think I read that Chris Brown signed with the Buffalo Bills.

Man...the Bills are REALLY trying to kick McGahee out the door. I hope the Titans don't make the mistake of trading picks for McGahee when we have so many holes to fill. As good as McGahee is, I'd rather let LenDale have a shot at the starting gig and maybe bring in Dominic Rhodes to take a few carries.

EDIT TO ADD: Oops...it now seems that the report of Chris Brown signing was premature, and he did NOT sign with the Bills...

Last edited by MicktheGreat : 03-08-2007 at 07:15 AM.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Titans10
Veteran

Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Titans10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being we NEED a WR...what about Jerry Porter, he would be a big target for Vince to throw to, and he wants out of Oakland but no telling what Oakland wants in return...just an idea

All-hail Bulluck
Titans10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2007, 08:25 PM    (permalink
smittyjs
All-Pro

He is a punk always complainging and saying he is one of the best WR, IMO we should stay away from him.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:28 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

Grant Winstrom was just released from Seattle. I don't know much about him except that he's getting up there in age(though I don't think thats a huge deal for D-Line/O-Line players), he has a huge white boy fro in his picture on Madden, and he used to play for the Rams. Thats it...

What are your thoughts on him and if it would be a smart idea to pursue him if he's not asking for too much(which he probably is)?

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
Old 03-08-2007, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

I dunno about Wistrom. He hasn't been terribly productive lately, but who knows.

Adam Schefter is saying that Reuben Droughns will be released. I would love to have him in as the #2 RB, but I dunno how much money he's gonna command, or if he will be content being a backup.

Last edited by Pit Bull #53 : 03-08-2007 at 08:23 PM.