Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-17-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking Delmas or Pettigrew right now.

Sintim is a less versatile Boley, I don't see any point in getting him.

Cushing is good, but 4-3 outside linebackers are easy to find.

Peria Jerry is a three technique, which would be a luxery at this point.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Solid list, I just wish we released Brooking already.
ProFootballWeekly.com is reporting that Atlanta will likely release Brooking before February 23, when he's due a $1 million bonus. Releasing him saves $8.3 million in cap space that can be better used to elsewhere.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:54 PM    (permalink
sporkdevil

No Larry English on that list?

There are so many guys I want, I am thinking someone I want will drop to us.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Larry English a lot. IDC what Mel Kiper says he's not a good fit.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-18-2009, 05:03 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I'm thinking Delmas or Pettigrew right now.

Yup. That's what I've been thinking all along.
Old 02-18-2009, 09:59 AM    (permalink
Loggerhead
Rookie

Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Loggerhead hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quick question Falcons fans why do you hate Brooking? I thought he was a great player who was a class act. So why do people have things in their sigs like F-U Brooking?
Old 02-18-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has clearly lost a step and is not the same player he used to be. He was also responsible for biting on the underneath route, allowing the Cardinals to convert on 3rd and 16. Had they held up, the Falcons would have gotten the ball back with about 2 minutes to go with a chance to win the game.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loggerhead View Post
Quick question Falcons fans why do you hate Brooking? I thought he was a great player who was a class act. So why do people have things in their sigs like F-U Brooking?

He used to be really good. He just sucks pretty badly now. He blew any chance we had at beating the Cards as well.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:40 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

“We can asked them pointedly about any brushes (with the law) they may have had or issues that they may have and determine if we need to dig further,” Dimitroff said of the players who started to arrive at the combine Wednesday. “It’s very interesting for us to interview these players to determine if these players will fit with us. To me, it’s very informative.”

Talking about Pettigrew, I'd guess.
Old 02-18-2009, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
We can asked them pointedly about any brushes (with the law) they may have had or issues that they may have and determine if we need to dig further, Dimitroff said of the players who started to arrive at the combine Wednesday. Its very interesting for us to interview these players to determine if these players will fit with us. To me, its very informative.

Talking about Pettigrew, I'd guess.
Has to be about Pettigrew. Seems very likely he's our #1 target right now. If TD likes him enough we might even trade up infront of the eagles.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-18-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Has to be about Pettigrew. Seems very likely he's our #1 target right now. If TD likes him enough we might even trade up infront of the eagles.

Yeah. I'm starting to think this as well. Makes me happy, because I want him or Delmas. I don't see us trading up for anyone though. One of the 5 I listed will be there, and we will probably take one of them. TD and Smith have been talking a lot about defense, but that quote and an article I read about TD wanting a TE so that Matt can have someone on blitzes, etc. make me think he might be our main target.

I'd be cool as along as we can address our defensive issues in FA. (Haynesworth!)
Old 02-18-2009, 08:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Yeah. I'm starting to think this as well. Makes me happy, because I want him or Delmas. I don't see us trading up for anyone though. One of the 5 I listed will be there, and we will probably take one of them. TD and Smith have been talking a lot about defense, but that quote and an article I read about TD wanting a TE so that Matt can have someone on blitzes, etc. make me think he might be our main target.

I'd be cool as along as we can address our defensive issues in FA. (Haynesworth!)
getting Haynesworth would be ideal. It takes so much pressure away from filling out other needs. We are looking to fill 4(NT,SLB,WLB,SS) maybe 5(DE?) defensive spots. With Haynesworth in, that makes the defense so much better and takes away a need. Less pressure to do better at the other positions because you get a guy that good.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-18-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

JMO, we have way too many needs to trade up. OL, NT, LE, RE, SLB, WLB, SS, CB if the value is there, and tight end.

I'm not a huge fan of Pettigrew's in the first place, trading up for him would be a huge mistake. He's not that kind of talent.

Old 02-19-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
getting Haynesworth would be ideal. It takes so much pressure away from filling out other needs. We are looking to fill 4(NT,SLB,WLB,SS) maybe 5(DE?) defensive spots. With Haynesworth in, that makes the defense so much better and takes away a need. Less pressure to do better at the other positions because you get a guy that good.
I just read he's for sure hitting Free Agency and he wants to stay in the Southeast, so I'd like to to think it's between Tampa Bay and Atlanta at this point...Getting someone like him then a playmaker in the secondary like Delmas to capitalize on the pressure up front could be crucial...Lots of directions for you guys to go in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I just read he's for sure hitting Free Agency and he wants to stay in the Southeast, so I'd like to to think it's between Tampa Bay and Atlanta at this point...Getting someone like him then a playmaker in the secondary like Delmas to capitalize on the pressure up front could be crucial...Lots of directions for you guys to go in.
Tampa has more cap space and can offer him a bigger contract, but maybe he picks the Falcons because of their up and coming offense. That would be great.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What about Peppers?? Ive heard he has a list of 4 team he is considering joining: Cowboys, 2 unnamed NFC teams and an unnamed AFC team, not the Titans. Anybody think ATL is one of those 2 NFC teams??

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I just read that according to rotoworld.com the falcons are now the front runners to sign Haynesworth...god i hope its true...i wonder if i could have my wish come true for the 2nd year in a row (wanted Turner from day 1 last year). Haynesworth would be phenominal for us.

Thats the big signature we want now. Supposedly the titans only offered him 9 million p/year (might be a dodgy source) but id happy pay 12 or 13mil for him. I dont think Tampa has too much of an advantage with their 40 million in cap space as opposed to our 20 mil. Its not like the guy wants a 35million p/year deal, i dont think we will try to out bid each other...i think both teams will value him at around 12.5mil and take it from there.

If we could get Haynesworth i would also love to get Channing Crowder, a massive (and not too expensive) physical SLB for us. He is 6"2 and 255lbs and hits like a truck. He doesnt make too many plays either so he should come cheap

Anyway, with Haynesworth id look to Delmas or Pettigrew at #24 OR look to trade down to the bottom of the first or top of the 2nd where Delmas Chung Mack English Ayers Nelson Cook and maybe even Pettigrew (with a bad 40 time) could all still be on the board and we would have an extra pic.

But yeah i want Albert
Old 02-19-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
I just read that according to rotoworld.com the falcons are now the front runners to sign Haynesworth...god i hope its true...i wonder if i could have my wish come true for the 2nd year in a row (wanted Turner from day 1 last year). Haynesworth would be phenominal for us.

Thats the big signature we want now. Supposedly the titans only offered him 9 million p/year (might be a dodgy source) but id happy pay 12 or 13mil for him. I dont think Tampa has too much of an advantage with their 40 million in cap space as opposed to our 20 mil. Its not like the guy wants a 35million p/year deal, i dont think we will try to out bid each other...i think both teams will value him at around 12.5mil and take it from there.

If we could get Haynesworth i would also love to get Channing Crowder, a massive (and not too expensive) physical SLB for us. He is 6"2 and 255lbs and hits like a truck. He doesnt make too many plays either so he should come cheap

Anyway, with Haynesworth id look to Delmas or Pettigrew at #24 OR look to trade down to the bottom of the first or top of the 2nd where Delmas Chung Mack English Ayers Nelson Cook and maybe even Pettigrew (with a bad 40 time) could all still be on the board and we would have an extra pic.

But yeah i want Albert
i want him as much as anyone here but i keep getting the feeling he's a contract player.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I want Albert. Very much so. He'd do so much for our defense.
Old 02-19-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Tampa has more cap space and can offer him a bigger contract, but maybe he picks the Falcons because of their up and coming offense. That would be great.
not true. We had 37M then Weiner retired giving us an extra 5M in cap. we are at 42M. conversely they were at 46M and then franchised Bryant which has them at 38M in cap. we actually have more money than them to spend.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
not true. We had 37M then Weiner retired giving us an extra 5M in cap. we are at 42M. conversely they were at 46M and then franchised Bryant which has them at 38M in cap. we actually have more money than them to spend.

Where the hell do you get that? Every place had us at 19-21 before Weiner...
Old 02-19-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Home_NFL.aspx

Falcons coach Mike Smith revealed Thursday that the team is in intense contract negotiations with WLB Keith Brooking.
The Falcons are treating Brooking as a free agent and clearly don't plan to pay his $1 million roster bonus on Feb. 23. "I know that (GM) Thomas (Dimitroff) and Keith’s representatives are talking," Smith said. "This week is a big, big week." Brooking figures to get a two-year deal in the $7M range.
Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution

You've got to be ******* ******** me.
Old 02-19-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Where the hell do you get that? Every place had us at 19-21 before Weiner...
I have my sources. I've found all of the deals on the NFL PA website in previous years and found hte contract details for htis year's rookies. it's not even close to possible we are going to be only 21M under. we're at 37M... before Weiner and Koenen.

Owner of ScarDraft
Old 02-19-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Wow. You lose a playoff game and have a horrible season, all while getting older and less capable, and are rewarded with three and a half million dollars per year.

Old 02-19-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Wow. You lose a playoff game and have a horrible season, all while getting older and less capable, and are rewarded with three and a half million dollars per year.
he's actually supposed to make 9M this year. it's a restructure that would free up 5.5M and bring us to around 44M in cap.

Owner of ScarDraft