Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 02-24-2009, 03:14 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wahooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please Oh Lord Let It Be Real!!!! A Whole Season Without Keith "i Suck Big Hairy Balls" Brooking.

This Will Make My Week!
Old 02-24-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

A quick mock based on the above thoughts (with S and OLB signed in FA):

1. Aaron Maybin DE - potential sky-high, and can contribute on 3rd down for the next year or so
2. Shawn Nelson TE - great receiver, has shown willingness to block; might take a year to really contribute as an every down player
3. Roy Miller NT - Fire hydrant in the middle, very strong, effort player
4. Kaluka Maiava OLB - Love this guy, great hustle, good athlete
5a. O-line depth
5b. S depth
7. ST depth
Old 02-24-2009, 05:59 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod View Post
A quick mock based on the above thoughts (with S and OLB signed in FA):

1. Aaron Maybin DE - potential sky-high, and can contribute on 3rd down for the next year or so
2. Shawn Nelson TE - great receiver, has shown willingness to block; might take a year to really contribute as an every down player
3. Roy Miller NT - Fire hydrant in the middle, very strong, effort player
4. Kaluka Maiava OLB - Love this guy, great hustle, good athlete
5a. O-line depth
5b. S depth
7. ST depth
Yeah i dont mind it i like Follet, Harris and Maiava as OLBs in about where you have selected him.

Signing Haynesworth is still ideal for me but i know its probably not gonna happen. BUT if a miracle does occur it would free us up for a trade down Louis Delmas... those two would be my dream scenario right now. Yours is way more likely though

D Rod we both joined Jan 2006, 3 years...thats gone fast...still only 851 posts for me...quite lazy

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 02-24-2009 at 06:11 AM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:27 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm starting to lean Clay Matthews if we go outside linebacker. I doubt Cushing is available where we pick at this point, but he would be good as well.

In my opinion, the five most probable picks at this time are...

Brandon Pettigrew
Brian Cushing
Larry English
Clay Matthews
Louis Delmas

Value is best at top, worst at bottom. Some of the defensive ends may be possibilities as well.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DraftMichaelHuff View Post
Yeah i dont mind it i like Follet, Harris and Maiava as OLBs in about where you have selected him.

Signing Haynesworth is still ideal for me but i know its probably not gonna happen. BUT if a miracle does occur it would free us up for a trade down Louis Delmas... those two would be my dream scenario right now. Yours is way more likely thlugh

D Rod we both joined Jan 2006, 3 years...thats gone fast...still only 851 posts for me...quite lazy
Jan '06, we are the Falcon lifers on these forums. I'm pretty sure both scar and Deangelo have been here longer than us though. I'm excited about the release of Brooking, nice way to free up some cap room. I agree with the Crowder possible signing, he reminds of Lofton in the way that he will hit you staight up, and has the size to compensate for it.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol I have been here for so long. I didn't post much before though. Didn't really know too much about football actually.

I may be getting my hopes up, but I hear Deion hasn't been impressed with Malcolm Jenkins footwork and he wasn't that great during the drills (some people say he was good though). Add that to a poor 40 time which might come out to the 4.6 range officially, anyone think he can drop to the Falcons? He could make a good S, and I still think he would be a good CB.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Malcolm Jenkins won't drop to us. He will be nabbed top 10, as a corner or free safety.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not a sure top 10 pick, i have him going in the 10-15 range, he's the #1 CB of the class so he shouldn't drop that far even if he does.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
He's not a sure top 10 pick, i have him going in the 10-15 range, he's the #1 CB of the class so he shouldn't drop that far even if he does.
He basically is. I doubt he drops past the Packers, at latest. If he does then the Broncos surely won't pass.

Old 02-24-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
He basically is. I doubt he drops past the Packers, at latest. If he does then the Broncos surely won't pass.
That's exactly what I was thinking, but both teams have other options there like DE and LBer. Broncos really need a safety though, if they don't take him he'll go to the saints at 14 for sure.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-24-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

Preo32 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think there is a 1% chance he falls to us. Really, the only way for that is that each team ahead of us has a player on the top of their list that is not him still available, but i dont really want him and dont expect him to go past 15, cuz occasionally a player will be projected high and fall to low 1st round (Aaron Rodgers, Brady Quinn, IDK who else).

Atlanta Falcons
Preo32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who knows. Remember what happened with Jimmy Williams?

Though, if Jenkins is like Williams, then **** that.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 02-25-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

So John Clayton still has us as a possible destination for Haynesworth. I think the Falcons will at least try to get him. They might back down quickly, but I think it would be bogus if we don't try. He is exactly what we need.

John Henderson is apparently on the trade block as well. I wonder if Mike Smith persuades TD to bring him back to his team. He may not be an impact player like he used to be, but is better than anything we have. I am willing to part with a 4th round pick for him.

Shaun Rogers wants out of Cleveland too. He would most likely demand a big contract and might be a better fit in a 3-4, but he may be an interesting option. More likely we don't get him though just because he is a fatass that fits well in the 3-4 because that allows him to...well, be more of a fatass.

Good crop of DTs available in free agency and through trades. No good DTs available during our first pick. We should definitely be exploring these options.

Old 02-25-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

**** Man! Crowder Resigned. This offseason sucks, we say we arent chasing one guy i want (and he wants a billion $ a year) and the other guy gets resigned a day before free agency.

No one really excites me in free agency now.
Old 02-25-2009, 07:26 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

oh well... now we can just try and get AH

Atlanta Falcons
Old 02-26-2009, 03:07 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Damnit.

Still, there are plenty of interesting players left.

Some guys I'd potentially be interested in:

DT: Haynesworth (don't rule it out yet, but unlikely); Canty (likely to go to a 3-4 team, but would be a good pickup); Olshansky (same as Canty).

RG: Jason Brown (and then to move back to C in a year or two).

RT: Andrews (might get a cheaper deal because of the injury); Stinchcomb/Barnes (if reasonably priced).

SS: Bell (was a beast for the Fins last year, well rounded); Landry (RFA, but could be interesting if the Ravens under-tag him); Mike Brown (injury liability, but still a quality player - could be a great combo with a 2nd or 3rd round draftee); Phillips (injury problems, but very good c2 safety); Sanders (Pats guy, very solid, could be TD reunion on the cards); Jones (good all-round performer).

WLB: Vilma (likely back to Saints, but not impossible); June (played out of position at SLB for the Bucs, would be good in our scheme);

SLB: Crowell (very solid, Nicholas would play WLB);

CB: McFadden (would be superb in our scheme, would love to have him); Foxworth (would be good to have him back if not too expensive); Bartell (alright, but a little overrated IMO); others - Greer, Johnson, Buchanon.

There are plenty of options at S, far fewer at DT or LB (and nothing interesting at TE).

Hence, I can see us signing a S, and maybe one mid-level LB, and then looking at TE, DT, and LB early in the draft.
Old 02-26-2009, 06:46 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the idea of Olshansky. he owuld be a great fir for our NT spot.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Cato June is strictly a tampa 2 LB. Nothing else. I don't want him here.

And Gibril Wilson got signed to the Dolphins for a respectable 5 years and 27 million.

Our lack of activity in FA is kind of annoying. Oh well. It sort of makes sense.

Old 02-26-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Preo32
Rookie

well i think we are trying to stay under the radar just like last season and then go for some good players once FA gets on its way

Atlanta Falcons
Old 02-26-2009, 03:25 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm biased, but I'm hoping we sign Sean Jones or Jermaine Phillips. They fill a need and since they played college ball in the state and we are a playoff team. It would make sense for everyone.
Old 02-27-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I just hope we sign some decent players, not some bums. We got some money to spend, i say go for it. You can make this a superbowl team TD!!

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-27-2009, 05:13 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I just hope we sign some decent players, not some bums. We got some money to spend, i say go for it. You can make this a superbowl team TD!!

I agree. Let's make a play for some of these good players.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

fat albert's gone and i don't really mind it. if TD had offered that insane contract for him, i'd be pissed. i really don't think haynesworth will continue his performance from last year.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:19 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Coy Wire, Jason Jefferson, and Justin Peele have been re-signed.

Not very big moves thus far.

Also, I want to see Roddy get a new contract.

Old 02-27-2009, 07:28 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Also, I think we will go CB in the draft. Ron Bartell is a possibility, but the Patriots never liked spending big money on corners so we may not either.

Paul Spicer may be brought in, I don't want him as a starter.