Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-25-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A couple of thoughts I'd like to share:

Snelling needs to get more carries

I'm sick of the Falcons never being set at CB. I feel like I'm always saying "Gee, I hope the Falcons can bring in a starting quality CB or two this upcoming offseason." The Falcons have a curse on their CB positions.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:25 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ryan can't strech the field if we can't run the damn ball. I didn't watch the game, but it looks like Grimes and Houston had another good one. Great job guys.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

To me our #1 need is a set of balls for Mike Smith...he's been deballed and not going for it on 4th and 2...seriously? There wasn't much time left anyway, terrible coaching job.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys have some good discussions going on in here. I should check this place out more often. GG today. I didn't see it so that's why I came here looking for info/feeling on how it went.

What do you think of the Cowboys after this game?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on the cowboys from today. All I can see is, this is how the falcons look like when they are facing a good team, unlike last year. Thank you lions, chiefs, and 2008 schedule for making Turner a pro bowler.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-26-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You guys have some good discussions going on in here. I should check this place out more often. GG today. I didn't see it so that's why I came here looking for info/feeling on how it went.

What do you think of the Cowboys after this game?

Miles Austin is either legit or he keeps running into DBs who cannot tackle, I would say somewhere in between actually. He is big and fast and our corners were no match for him. Then again, our corners are no match for anybody. It is sad that Brian Williams was a cast off of the Jaguars and he was our best cover corner, losing him hurt a lot in this game.

Tony Romo bounced back big time off of the bye week and so did your pass rush. If they can maintain those two things the Cowboys will be in the playoffs. I would worry about the stupid penalties though.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on the cowboys from today. All I can see is, this is how the falcons look like when they are facing a good team, unlike last year. Thank you lions, chiefs, and 2008 schedule for making Turner a pro bowler.

Do not forgot that the same teams allowed DeAngelo Williams to put up 1,500 yards and 20 touchdowns. He is good, but that's LT stuff right there. Turner and Williams were massive beneficiaries of favorable schedules. (NFC South 2008 = easiest schedule of all time?)

Old 10-26-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thew schedule was much easier, but Turner looked much more explosive. Not to mention the offensive line was creating lanes to run through.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Next week is going to be horrible, the thought of Marques Colston lining up against Brent Grimes or Chris Houston will give me nightmares all week.

Old 10-26-2009, 01:31 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I will say this, I don't blame Ryan for not being able to go down the field. He was getting pummeled. He got sacked four times and hit more times than I dare count. The lack of a run (and a decent CB to stop Dallas') allowed Dallas to pin their ears back and attack.

Last edited by Shiver : 10-26-2009 at 01:41 AM.
Old 10-26-2009, 06:10 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Next week is going to be horrible, the thought of Marques Colston lining up against Brent Grimes or Chris Houston will give me nightmares all week.
The Saints are going to embarrass us next week. I'd be pretty surprised if we can even keep it to a 2 score deficit.

Quote:
I will say this, I don't blame Ryan for not being able to go down the field. He was getting pummeled. He got sacked four times and hit more times than I dare count. The lack of a run (and a decent CB to stop Dallas') allowed Dallas to pin their ears back and attack.
I'm not blaming him for today, but he really hasn't looked that good all year.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wow, you guys just go to wrist cutting right away don't ya?

Turner hasn't done much, but in fairness it's obvious that teams are honed in on him, but when he's out and Snelling is in, we're not facing that same run pressure, people don't fear Snelling like they do Turner. So that's why our OL is getting holes created, and we're not facing more guys in the box. But you are right, Turner hasn't looked like he did last year, he looks patient and waiting on holes, but when they do pop open, he just doesn't quite hit them like he did last year, and when he got outside he just missed a stiffarm that would have made for a big run, and then on the 2nd run he didn't get his pad level low enough to bounce off the corner deep into the secondary. But just look back to the pre-season, Turner was beasting it, breaking off big runs etc, that's what he can do when teams aren't solely focused on taking away the run game.

People aren't afraid of our passing attack this year, not because Ryan, not because White/Gonzo, but because our offensive coordinator is handcuffing our deep routes, we're not running them and taking shots down the field. We're running everything short and sweet little nothing routes and it's killing us. We have to change that, or all we're going to do is help defenses keep 8 and 9 in the box against the run because they aren't afraid of getting beat deep.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Falcons got their butts kicked yesterday and their weaknesses were heavily exploited. That's no reason for them to give up on the season, but it's hard not to get frustrated as a fan. They need to add a starting quality CB and a starting quality lineman on each side. The chances of finding them now are one in a million. Either that or Mike Smith could get his Bill Belichik on and start turning anyone he coaches into a starting quality player.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Is Chevis Jackson really that bad? Surely he could do better than Brent Grimes.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

apparently Grimes shows up on the practice field. When game time comes, it's not the same.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-26-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brent Grimes and Houston are both so fail. Its sad that they are our best 2 corners, the would easily be 3rd stringers on other teams...tear..
Old 10-26-2009, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys fan here.

Good game and I thought you guys would win. I was pretty surprised we were able to play a complete game like that.

Couple things I noticed (I was at the game):

Turner doesn't look the same. He sure got a ton of carries last year. There is a history of guys that have heavy work loads in one season never being the same after that. I would be worried about that.

Ryan is the real deal. YOu guys are in good hands for the next decade. I really like him.

YOur front 7 is good you just need to fortify your secondary for the future.

I still think you guys are a playoff team, especially if you can beat Philly and have that tie breaker over them.

I think 9-7 gets you in if you have the tie breaker over PHilly.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

We basically are a wild-card team. We lack the key elements (CB mostly) to compete with the elite teams in the conference. So it is between us and...

San Francisco (whom we've beat)
Chicago (whom we've beat)
Green Bay (won't play them)
Philadephia (week 13)
Dallas (lost to them)
New York (week 11)

We have a lot of winnable games, two against TB, Washington, Carolina, Buffalo (Jets?) and should get to 9-7 barring a total collapse. I would say we still will make the playoffs, and I don't think anyone would want to play us if our offense got into a rhythm.

Last edited by Shiver : 10-26-2009 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to the Jets. Our offense goes brain dead against the 3-4.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:35 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if we lost to the Jets. Our offense goes brain dead against the 3-4.
The Jets' 3-4 D without Jenkins is a different kettle of fish to a 3-4 with Wilfork or Ratliff.

But no, I wouldn't be surprised - I wouldn't be surprised to lose any road game to a good/solid team.

The Saints could kill our secondary. Our only hope is that without Ellis their D is softer against the run, and we can play keep ball. Also, Smith and co have shown time and again that we can remotivate after a loss, so hopefully that works this week. But we've got to lose two in a row one day...

I think we're a wildcard team - although if we do win this week, we suddenly have a chance at the division, with a home game vs the Saints to come - but in that case, to make any noise then we're going to have to win a road game or two, and that's not looking likely right now.
Old 10-27-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dallas loss was pretty bad. It exposed a lot of the holes we still have as a young team.

-Dependency on Turner. Our offense goes as Turner goes, and this needs to change. The 2 biggest offensive performances this season have come when Turner has crossed the 100 mark (Panthers) and had a 4.4 average with 3 rushing TDs (SF). All the other times, he has averaged around 2.5-3.5 yards a carry and our passing game has been wildly inconsistent. I have often supported Mularkey's loyalty to the run game, but surely there has to be a way to get it going other than Turner pounding it up the middle for the usual 1-2 yard gain. I would really like to see more carries given to Snelling, and they should be; Turner seems to have lost a lot of the explosion and speed that made him so scary last year. Getting Ovie Mughelli and Jerious Norwood back from injury is going to be huge boost to our running game.

-The front 4. It has come a long way since last year and we are able to bring lots of pressure from the front 4 against sub par offensive lines, but that will not cut it at all against playoff teams. The Giants, Saints, and Vikings all have great offensive lines and our front 4 will be stone walled against them, just like the Patriots and Cowboys games (wow. we often lose to american history icons). Its hard to expect so much improvement in 1 season, but let's not be mistaken - the change is happening and it is evident. Despite Abraham being basically shut out since week 1, we have found other players to step up (Thomas Johnson, Kroy Biermann) and bring the pass rush. Another year with hopefully a DT or DE in rd 1 and Peria Jerry back will be great for the defensive line. With TD's drafting and Smith's coaching, I can see us having a very good defensive line in a year or two.

-The CBs. Not much more needs to be said, but wow they are getting exposed. We need to look at some mid level FA CBs (Greer would have been a perfect signing) and a CB in round 1 or 2.

-Matt Ryan isn't ready to take that leap yet. I was expecting huge things out of Ryan this year, and though he is beginning to show a lot of promise (on pace for 29 TDs), he can't carry that offense by himself yet, which isn't terrible at all. His run game averages 3.6 yards a carry, which ranks it as the 26th best in the league. You look around the league and you see teams with great passers ranked that low as well. Colts average 3.8 (22nd), Bears average 3.7 (23rd), Chargers average 3.1 (30th), and the Texans average 3.0 (31st). So why can't Ryan and the great pass catching corp do better than they are? Look at the attempts per game numbers now. Colts run it 24 times per game (26th), Bears run it 21.5 times (31st), Chargers run it 22.8 times per game (30th), Texans run it 26.3 times per game (18th). The Falcons? They run it 28.3 times per game, good for 10th in the league. I was a huge supporter of getting the run game established, but I think it might be time to let Ryan loose a bit more, especially at the beginning of the game so he can get into rhythm.

-Our run defense seems to be legit however. The Cowboys running attack averages 5.6 yards a carry after the Falcons game, where they held the top 2 RBs to 22 carries for 84 yards for a 3.8 average. This was at home and after a bye for the Cowboys. That is 3 straight run games we have shut down after the bye.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We basically are a wild-card team. We lack the key elements (CB mostly) to compete with the elite teams in the conference. So it is between us and...

San Francisco (whom we've beat)
Chicago (whom we've beat)
Green Bay (won't play them)
Philadephia (week 13)
Dallas (lost to them)
New York (week 11)

We have a lot of winnable games, two against TB, Washington, Carolina, Buffalo (Jets?) and should get to 9-7 barring a total collapse. I would say we still will make the playoffs, and I don't think anyone would want to play us if our offense got into a rhythm.
I think the Cowboys only get to the playoffs as a WC team as well. Thankfully, we have the tie breaker over you guys. We just have to win 5 of our next 10 games to make 9 wins. But I think the WC team has to win at least 10 games. We still get to play the Redskins twice, the Raiders and Seattle at home this weekend looks promising. Outside of that, if we win 1 Big game, that takes us to 9 wins. Winning 2 Big games gets us to 10.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remaining games for the Falcons:

@ NO (L)
vs. WAS (W)
@ CAR
@ NYG (L)
vs. TB (W)
vs. PHI
vs. NO
@ NYJ
vs. BUF (W)
@ TB (W)

The past part of our schedule was tough. @ NE, bye, @ SF, vs. CHI, @ DAL, @ NO. After a 2 game homestand to start the season, we have been on the road for the next 4 out of 5, with 2 of the teams coming off of byes. Looking at the rest of the schedule, I see 4 easy wins: TBx2, Skins at home, and Buffalo at home. With the way this team usually plays, and at home, those should be 4 guaranteed wins, putting us at the 8 win mark. We have a couple of hard games left that I am chalking down as losses right now: @ NO (played a close game last year and the falcons haven't lost back to back games in the new regime yet. however, this saints team is terrifying), and @ NYG (they just lost at home to the Cardinals on primetime. I might be more afraid of this team if they were on the road). This leaves us at 8-4 with 4 toss up, playoff determining games.

@ CAR, vs. PHI, vs. NO, @ NYJ (the last 3 are back to back to back. can you say playoff push?).

The Falcons handled the Panthers pretty well at home, despite an 8 point difference in the score (Ryan had 3 first half TDs. Falcons just went to the run in the 2nd half) and the Panthers just lost to the Bills at home. This is definitely a winnable game, but it is a division game and at the opponents house; it will be tough.

Michael Vick's homecoming to the dome is going to be a big one. I hope the dome is packed and ready to help keep an unblemished record at home. We kept it close (14-20 with 2 min to go) when we traveled to Philly last year and I hope we are looking for revenge here. Their offensive line seems to be out of sorts and our DL can definitely take advantage to apply a ton of pressure on McNabb. Another good thing about this game is the Philly receivers. DeSean and Maclin are both speedy, but tiny guys. Our CBs are speedy, but tiny. DeSean is very talented, but at least the opposing WRs aren't just going to pick it out of the air against our small CBs. Very winnable game.

vs NO should be a great one. I feel overmatched against the Saints when we travel to NO, but that should be offset when they come to the dome. This is the game that should've been on MNF. At home is when I feel the Falcons can have a shootout with a team and be capable of winning. Last time Brees came to the dome, he had 130 yards, a 50% rate, and 2 picks in the middle of the 3rd quarter, with the Falcons winning big. I don't know how BVG manged to shut down Brees, but I hope he can do it again.

Our 3 game homestand is sandwiched in between 2 trips to NY. The 2nd one is much easier, against a team with a rookie QB and back up NT. Despite a 38-0 win against the Raiders, the Raiders RB Fargas still averaged 8.4 yards a carry (on limited touches. 8), which could spell trouble with Turner and Snelling. But on the other hand, you never know with Turner. He will probably suck. It will be an interesting match up between Rhodes vs. Gonzalez and Revis vs. White. Our defense is going to have to win this one, and they definitely have the chance to do so.

From what I have talked about, it seems as if our record will be, at worst, 8-8 and very easily (especially if we defend the dome) could be 12-4.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 10-27-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

We just lost Williams Moore to IR. Our 2009 draft class is cursed.

Old 10-27-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
We just lost Williams Moore to IR. Our 2009 draft class is cursed.
What the ****!? His injury issues was a huge concern and looks like it has paid its dividends. Great junior season. Hobbled senior season. IR as a rookie.

I wonder what he will do next year to outdo this injury. Career ending?

At least next year, it'll be like having 2 draft classes at once .