Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-27-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What do you guys think about playing the Saints. I'm a Saints fan, I know you guys are down on your team after a tough loss but I think you guys can win it. My fear is that Payton gets too pass happy trying to take advantage of the Falcon's struggling Corners, when Atlanta is probably going into this one, game planning Defensively to limit the pass.

I think this game will be crucial in deciding the NFC South champ down the line... If the Falcons win they are right back in the hunt. If the Saints take it.. I think it's going to be pretty hard for the Falcons to rebound from a 3 game deficit at this point in the season. Not saying it's guaranteed the winner walks away with the South title... but this game plays a very big part in determining the future paths for each respective team the rest of the way.

I think for us it really comes down to how our Offensive Line plays, and not falling into predictable play calling. The first half of the Miami game the Offensive line played awful.. and as a result we found ourselves down 24-3 early on in that game. If the Offensive Line shows up and wins their battles I like our chances, although I believe it will be a tough game regardless.

Last edited by Auron : 10-27-2009 at 06:51 PM.
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MNF vs. the saints at the superdome= sleepless nights for the falcons.

Only way we come close to winning is if we play better than we did all year and you guys have the worst game of the season, which i don't see happening under these circumstances.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
MNF vs. the saints at the superdome= sleepless nights for the falcons.

Only way we come close to winning is if we play better than we did all year and you guys have the worst game of the season, which i don't see happening under these circumstances.
Well we shall see I think we have some favorable match-ups against your Secondary.. (but then again even guys like Chris Houston, and Chevis Jackson stepped up and played the Saints tough last season) I just hope we stay balanced, and don't try to force the passing game every down...

One of the keys is how John Abraham plays... last season he wreaked havoc vs. the Saints in the Georgia Dome, and completely disrupted the rhythm of our passing Offense... I'd have to believe we will scheme around limiting him but if he shows up, it could be trouble.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you don't have to be balanced. Your offense can do whatever it wants, it will dominate our defense. You can pass on every play.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-27-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game means nothing.

The Bucs are going to win Nine straight after their bye and claim a wildcard place. Then they will win the Superbowl #6 seed style!

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 06:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
What do you guys think about playing the Saints. regardless.
I'd be pretty damn shocked if we lose by less than 14 and we let up anything less than 42 points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
One of the keys is how John Abraham plays... last season he wreaked havoc vs. the Saints in the Georgia Dome, and completely disrupted the rhythm of our passing Offense... I'd have to believe we will scheme around limiting him but if he shows up, it could be trouble.
Abe hasn't been the same guy as last year much to my disappointment. I don't think he needs to be schemed around like he did last year.
Old 10-27-2009, 07:56 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I don't anticipate winning this game, not because I'm down on my team, but because it's @ new orleans, you expect to split games with good teams in the division. I think we can sweep TB and Caro, but I think we'll split with NO, losing tomorrow night's game, and I think everyone will be down on us, but we'll end up 10-6...which is what I was thinking anyway.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One reason for Abe's lack of productivity is that he is now basically an outside linebacker.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:30 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
This game means nothing.

The Bucs are going to win Nine straight after their bye and claim a wildcard place. Then they will win the Superbowl #6 seed style!
I LOL'd - no really I did.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I expect our offense to bounce back and play up to the 49ers game levels, but I don't think we can stop Brees and it being in New Orleans will be the difference.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 05:10 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im scared...
Old 10-28-2009, 08:36 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

I think the dome noise will make the difference.

I would be very surprised if we win on Monday, and that would pretty much put us out of the NFC South race and into the wildcard battle. I think the return leg is the hardest game remaining on the Saints' schedule (apart, maybe, from the Pats at home). I can't see the Saints losing more than three games this season, nor can I see the Falcons winning both games in NY. So we'd be scrapping for 10 wins and a wildcard. Fortunately we have the tiebreaker over the Niners and Bears (but not the Cowboys), and get the Eagles at home.

However, if we do somehow get some pressure on Brees and win, it's game on...

Re Abraham, I don't think you can blame him for being double or triple teamed every time he's on the field. Teams are generally having fewer receivers running routes, or leaving the rest of our D-line 1-on-1. Our secondary is failing to cover the fewer receivers, and the D-line is not winning 1-on-1 battles regularly enough. Until that happens, teams will keep focusing on Abe.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

So I will miss the first half due to school. At least I won't get to see Turner suck it up too long since we'll be passing the ball at that point trying to catch up.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-28-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn yall are pessimistic.

How about hoping we play to our ability rather than residing to us getting blown out.

Old 10-28-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

"I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist."

your words buddy, taking it into effect.

Really buddy, i'm not pessimistic. I just don't wanna get my hope up too much. Honestly this is the hardest game we have all season, we know we can beat them and that we have talent, not much less than them, just gotta show up.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-28-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

For real, Bama is right on here. We have plenty ability to win this game, yes you have to realistically say we're prolly going to come home with the L, but that's mostly because division games @ the opponent generally go the home town way. If we can manage to win this game, then everyone will jump on the bandwagon. Personally it wouldn't hurt my feelings if we do lose this game. I want to see us be competitive and come out with some fire, if we lose, fine, but I think we have a real shot to win. I don't see this game turning into a blowout.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really looking forward to this game. No matter the year or how good the teams are, they always play each other tough. I think the deciding factor will be the Dome. Against the Falcons? On a Monday Night? Yeah, the place is going to be rocking.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Damn yall are pessimistic.

How about hoping we play to our ability rather than residing to us getting blown out.

I would rather expect the worst (another Dallas/New England performance) and be pleasantly surprised when the team plays up to its talent level. (San Francisco)

Old 10-29-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm really looking forward to this game. No matter the year or how good the teams are, they always play each other tough. I think the deciding factor will be the Dome. Against the Falcons? On a Monday Night? Yeah, the place is going to be rocking.
So ridiculous. A better Monday Night match up would have been when when New Orleans visited Atlanta. That could be a fun match up. This one? Not so much...

Maybe the Falcons can finally start (and sustain) well offensively to keep the home crowd out to begin with. This team showed the capability to explode in the first half of games last year and I feel as if we are overdue a game like that. We have had 2 out of 5 outbursts and I definitely feel the Saints defense is much more vulnerable than most people believe. Hell, as a rookie, Ryan posted these numbers on the Saints: 40/56 (71.4%) for 563 yards (10.0 YPA) and 3 TDs to 1 INT (113.9 rating) [note: this does include one screen pass to Norwood for a 60 yard TD] while Turner rushed 45 times on 3.5 YPC (how ironic. his 09 YPC: 3.4). I'm skeptical of a defense being able to change this quickly. However, there is no doubt that it has greatly improved under the regime of Greg Williams. Of course, theres always the high possibility of our young offense coming out flat at an unbeaten division rivals dome on MNF. lol.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:20 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
"I'm not a pessimist, I'm a realist."

your words buddy, taking it into effect.

Really buddy, i'm not pessimistic. I just don't wanna get my hope up too much. Honestly this is the hardest game we have all season, we know we can beat them and that we have talent, not much less than them, just gotta show up.
Not the same.

Being a realist is fact oriented. Or at least logical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Rod
I would be very surprised if we win on Monday, and that would pretty much put us out of the NFC South race and into the wildcard battle. I think the return leg is the hardest game remaining on the Saints' schedule (apart, maybe, from the Pats at home). I can't see the Saints losing more than three games this season, nor can I see the Falcons winning both games in NY. So we'd be scrapping for 10 wins and a wildcard. Fortunately we have the tiebreaker over the Niners and Bears (but not the Cowboys), and get the Eagles at home.

However, if we do somehow get some pressure on Brees and win, it's game on...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
I expect our offense to bounce back and play up to the 49ers game levels, but I don't think we can stop Brees and it being in New Orleans will be the difference.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iloxy
I don't anticipate winning this game, not because I'm down on my team, but because it's @ new orleans, you expect to split games with good teams in the division. I think we can sweep TB and Caro, but I think we'll split with NO, losing tomorrow night's game, and I think everyone will be down on us, but we'll end up 10-6...which is what I was thinking anyway.
Logical.

Being pessimistic, to me, is being emotional or petty with an arguement. Something that has no point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac
So I will miss the first half due to school. At least I won't get to see Turner suck it up too long since we'll be passing the ball at that point trying to catch up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunagan
im scared...
I don't have a problem so much with the first comments. It's more of a discussion. The others are negative for the sake of being negative.

Old 10-29-2009, 04:59 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Why does everything have to be an argument?

It's not like I'm rooting for the saints, and it's defiantly logical that im realistic here. They are the favorites, being undefeated and playing at home on MNF, and we're coming off a horrible game.

I don't want to expect too much.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-29-2009, 05:12 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a saints fan but to me this game could easily go either way. I really hope my saints win cuz imo it would almost seal the playoff spot for the saints (and that is still what the team needs to focus on primarily). I like some of the matchups for the saints but your team is a really good team and could easily beat the saints.

Lets just hope for a good game.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Can Matt Ryan figure out the New Orleans Defense to lead the Falcons to victory?

After the devastating loss to the Cowboys, many people are down on this upcoming MNF match up, and rightfully so. This team was embarrassed in a as-close-to-playing-on-primetime-without-playing-on-primetime match up (aka a game in Dallas against the Boys) and goes to the dome of the undefeated New Orleans Saints. The Saints have shown to be a tremendously balanced team as their defense finally begins to pull their weight, but is that defense actually legit after some dominating performances? After watching the Falcons and numerous other teams carve up the Saints pass defense last year, I find it hard to believe that they were able to change the defense that quickly; there still have to be some problems with that defense, and if any QB can exploit it, why not Matt Ryan?

The Saints defense so far
As the season has progressed, one unit that pops out in it's performance is the defense of the Saints. After a terrible year last year, they rank 11th in yards allowed and 13th in points allowed. Despite impressive statistics, let's look at the type of scheme that Greg Williams has brought in and the results it has produced. Greg Williams is known to be an aggressive defensive coordinator that will bring pressure to the QB from the blitz and have the secondary reap the benefits of poorly thrown balls under pressure. So far, this scheme has resulted in success, but against who? Stafford (first start), Kolb (first start), Sanchez (3rd start), Edwards (20-30 starts), E. Manning (70+) and Chad Henne (2nd start)? Obviously, an aggressive and blitzing defense will get to QBs with such little experience (and skill). The only impressive output by the Saints pass defense was against the Eli Manning and the pass offense of the Giants - shutting down all those other QBs is a joke.

Eli Manning vs. the blitz
During the Giants-Saints game, Eli Manning completed 19 of 37 pass attempts (51.3%) for 178 yards (4.8 ypa) and 1 TD to 1 INT (61 QB rating). From the looks of the statistics and the game, Eli Manning was obviously flustered in New Orleans. But looking more deeply into the tendencies of the franchise QB Manning and DC Greg Williams, this sort of result could have been seen coming. Last year, Manning finally posted a season with good numbers: 60.3% for 3238 yards (6.8 YPA) and 21 TDs to 10 INTs (86.4 QB rating). However, when he faced the blitz, it was a different story: 52.4%, 6.35 YPA, 10 TDs to 7 INT, 74.4 QB rating. From the looks of it, it seems obvious that Eli Manning struggles against the blitz, which is exactly what Greg William's forte is. The blitz was able to work on this franchise passer, but how effective can this attacking scheme be against Atlanta's Matt Ryan?

Matt Ryan vs. the Saints and the blitz
As a rookie, Ryan faced the Saints defense twice and tore them apart. His numbers from last year (so therefore, his career numbers) against the Saints are as follows: 40/56 (71.4%) for 563 yards (10.0 YPA) and 3 TD to 1 INT (113.9 QB rating). Even though it is only his 2nd year (so the following statement doesn't mean much), Ryan owns the Saints defense. What about blitzes? As a rookie, Ryan showed the ability to recognize blitzes like no rookie QB before him; by the end of the season, Ryan admitted that teams were blitzing him less. Though there is a slight drop from his regular season rookie numbers (61.1%, 7.9 YPA, 87.7 QB rating) to him being blitzed (58.4%, 7.5 YPA, 85.9 QB rating), it is obvious that Ryan has not only handled the blitz this year, but excelled under that situation. Ryan's completion percentage goes up by 3%, YPA by 1.8 yards (90 yard TD to White skews this), and QB rating by 25 points when he is blitzed.

1. Ryan owns the Saints
2. Ryan owns the blitz
3. Saints like to blitz

Feel free to bring the blitzes, Greg Williams. Feel free.
A little article/topic I made. What do you guys think? It brings up some good points.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan

Last edited by d34ng3l021 : 10-29-2009 at 01:40 PM.
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
A little article/topic I made. What do you guys think? It brings up some good points.
That's some fine analysis right there.

I think we'll put up points on the Saints. I think their D will be wounded by the absence of Ellis as well.

But can we stop Brees? It's going to be all up to our D-line... If Abe, Babs, and Anderson all have their game-of-the-year, we may be ok!
Old 10-29-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I like it, Matt Ryan is not who I am worried about in this game however.