Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-29-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I like it, Matt Ryan is not who I am worried about in this game however.
I definitely feel you on that one. But if Ryan can have a game like did against the Saints last year and be on point throughout the game, I know we can exploit the Saints defense enough to keep up with Brees.

I feel as if all this analysis is better served for when the Saints come to the Georgia Dome though. Our offense on the road is wildly inconsistent and there is a high chance that we just come out flat on MNF.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

damn D, now you got my hopes up.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do have a chance, New Orleans isn't that great. They were down 21-0 against the Dolphins. I just think that at the end of the day the Superdome will be the great equalizer. I do think we will split with them.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 09:08 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Saints have the easiest schedule in the NFL to this point of the season? Could it be GBN's error?

New Orleans 6-0 .404

If so, no wonder they've looked so good, they only played 2 good teams, 1 of them had them on the ropes and just choked it away. Of course they did handle a good Giants team, but if that .404 number is correct, wow...that's incredible, easiest schedule I remember seeing.

Just something to think about this week. It's not like we need to jump out on the Saints, we just need to play with the Saints til the 4th quarter and then let Turner put them away. I think Turner goes for 150+ this week, it might be homerish, but I think we're back against a familiar opponent, and a familiar scheme, the 3-4 was screwing up our gaps in the run game, Turner went over 100 already this season against a 4-3, and was pulled early on his 3 touchdown day against another 4-3 defense, however against Miami, New England, and the embarrassment against Dallas were all 3-4 schemes. Could it be we're just not good at blocking that up?

I know he didn't run well against the Bears either, but he can't be good every game. I think at this point though he's pissed and he's going to come ready to show Reggie Bust and Pierre Thomas what a real runningback in the NFL plays like. Think back to the preseason for all those who are doubting Turner, he was busting big runs then when the OL created holes, he's just been being patient, this week, the OL gets its act together and Turner goes gangbusters on the New Orleans Saints on Monday night. Leading the Falcons to a 35-31 Victory over the Saints.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:52 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon<3 View Post
Saints have the easiest schedule in the NFL to this point of the season? Could it be GBN's error?

New Orleans 6-0 .404

If so, no wonder they've looked so good, they only played 2 good teams, 1 of them had them on the ropes and just choked it away. Of course they did handle a good Giants team, but if that .404 number is correct, wow...that's incredible, easiest schedule I remember seeing.

Just something to think about this week. It's not like we need to jump out on the Saints, we just need to play with the Saints til the 4th quarter and then let Turner put them away. I think Turner goes for 150+ this week, it might be homerish, but I think we're back against a familiar opponent, and a familiar scheme, the 3-4 was screwing up our gaps in the run game, Turner went over 100 already this season against a 4-3, and was pulled early on his 3 touchdown day against another 4-3 defense, however against Miami, New England, and the embarrassment against Dallas were all 3-4 schemes. Could it be we're just not good at blocking that up?

I know he didn't run well against the Bears either, but he can't be good every game. I think at this point though he's pissed and he's going to come ready to show Reggie Bust and Pierre Thomas what a real runningback in the NFL plays like. Think back to the preseason for all those who are doubting Turner, he was busting big runs then when the OL created holes, he's just been being patient, this week, the OL gets its act together and Turner goes gangbusters on the New Orleans Saints on Monday night. Leading the Falcons to a 35-31 Victory over the Saints.
I don't know if that number is right. If I remember correctly, the combined record of the people they faced is 19-20 (.48) and .404 is the combined record for all their opponents.

And I don't know if Turner gets it going. The 3-4 thing makes some sense, but he has still averaged less than 4.0 yards a carry against the two 4-3 teams we have faced, and his best game, in terms of YPC, was against the 49ers, who run a 3-4. Turner already averaged 3.5 yards per carry against the Saints last year, and I doubt we see an improvement out of him.

I hope so though. If we can save Turner for the 2nd half and get the defense tired early, we may have a shot at controlling the clock for the 2nd half.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 10-30-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The key for the Falcons in this game is if they can get their run game going IMO. I'm fearing they have a good chance at that if Scott Fujita our starting SLB can't go again this week. I'm just not confident in Troy Evans. If the Falcons jump out to an early lead, and get Turner going it could be a very tough situation for the Saints... if the Saints jump out quick and force it into a passing contest I think the Falcons would be at a disadvantage.

I really think the Falcons are going to play mostly Coverage in this game, and leave it up to the Front 4 to try and get there... They blitzed against Dallas and were burned a few times.. most noticeably on the big play Miles Austin TD where they were in Cover 3... and Erik Coleman blew his zone responsibility watching Witten block, leaving his deep 3rd voided. If you go this route (of mostly dropping back in coverage) I really hope we stay patient with the running game, especially Mike Bell who looks like the hot back right now... We were intent on spreading out the Dolphins and passing against them against a struggling secondary and that backfired against us, until we got back to a balanced game.. Either way you're going to need better play from your Corners.. Grimes, and Houston need to step it up.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:28 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly Tye Hill is getting his shot. Anything but Grimes. It's a shame that DeCoud is the one that stepped up and not Willy Mo. Coleman isn't a SS. It's not his role. That's part of why he went downhill in NY.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

their SOS # is right. no question about it.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:25 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Supposedly Tye Hill is getting his shot. Anything but Grimes. It's a shame that DeCoud is the one that stepped up and not Willy Mo. Coleman isn't a SS. It's not his role. That's part of why he went downhill in NY.
I think he's doing a very fine job in the SS role here. Luckily our system the SS/FS are flippable, that's the beauty of the Cover2 you ideally will have to hard hitting coverage safeties.

"Willy Mo" really was a reach, reminds me a lot of the Jimmy Williams pick.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

willy mo reminds me nothing about jimmy williams. I'm not saying willy mo will be a great safety now compared to jimmy w, but I just don't see much of a comparison between the two.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-31-2009, 06:42 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he's doing a very fine job in the SS role here.
'

I think he's doing ok, but nothing like last year.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:23 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
their SOS # is right. no question about it.
the people who had the .404 number are talking about the SoS of the whole season for the sainst so also with the games to come. as of now the sos of the saints is 19-20 like someone else said above me leading to .487.

I have good hopes for my saints but the containment of your pass rush has to be better than last season. On the defensive side i just hope that the saints D keeps producing TO's (also cuz i have them in FF).

Sorry for Trolling and I would say that i would wish you good luck on monday but then I would be lying.
Either way I wish you guys the best thing I can wish for you that still results in a saints win (whatever it is)

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
the people who had the .404 number are talking about the SoS of the whole season for the sainst so also with the games to come. as of now the sos of the saints is 19-20 like someone else said above me leading to .487.

I have good hopes for my saints but the containment of your pass rush has to be better than last season. On the defensive side i just hope that the saints D keeps producing TO's (also cuz i have them in FF).

Sorry for Trolling and I would say that i would wish you good luck on monday but then I would be lying.
Either way I wish you guys the best thing I can wish for you that still results in a saints win (whatever it is)
I hope BVG can have a good gameplan against Drew Brees like he did last year. Brees' heavily opened up the run game for the Saints, which allowed them to win, but he himself wasn't his usual self when he played us. In his 2 games against us last year, he completed 49/90 (54%) for 652 yards (7.2 YPA) and 4 TDs and 3 interceptions (78.6 QB rating).

Old 10-31-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post

they are still right. when calculating it for the draft you use the whole season.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scar988 View Post
they are still right. when calculating it for the draft you use the whole season.
yeah but it was used in an argument to relativate the record of the saints thusfar, hence the argument was not used in draft perception, hence the correct number would be the SoS of the teams faced thusfar

Saints 2014 draft

1st: Jason Verrett
2nd: Donte Moncrief
3rd: Jimmy Ward
4th: JaWuan James
5th: Dri Archer
6th: Gabe Ikard
wicket is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
willy mo reminds me nothing about jimmy williams. I'm not saying willy mo will be a great safety now compared to jimmy w, but I just don't see much of a comparison between the two.
Highly touted draft pick that falls on draft day due to lack of production/attitude. Jimmy Williams was overhyped as a Junior would have been a top 10 lock, waited, got burned. Moore...same deal...top 15 lock, ended up getting picked in the 2nd round, and if the Falcons hadn't stopped the fall it could have been the 3rd or even 4th round.

Both have plenty of physical gifts, both made their fair share of big plays in college. Neither one imo have what it takes to make it in the NFL. I'm not calling William Moore a bust yet, but when he was picked that was the only thing I could think of was we just landed a big time bust pick.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
'

I think he's doing ok, but nothing like last year.
Fair enough, but I'd say Decoud this year > Coleman last year. and Coleman this year > Milloy last year.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:02 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Highly touted draft pick that falls on draft day due to lack of production/attitude. Jimmy Williams was overhyped as a Junior would have been a top 10 lock, waited, got burned. Moore...same deal...top 15 lock, ended up getting picked in the 2nd round, and if the Falcons hadn't stopped the fall it could have been the 3rd or even 4th round.

Both have plenty of physical gifts, both made their fair share of big plays in college. Neither one imo have what it takes to make it in the NFL. I'm not calling William Moore a bust yet, but when he was picked that was the only thing I could think of was we just landed a big time bust pick.
Damn, you really told me. I wasn't think about stock at all. One difference is that Jimmy Williams was considered a top 15-20 pick the night before the draft, but William Moore's stock was way lower at that point as he was considered a 2nd rounder. Doesn't help my argument at all, but just saying.

I think William Moore would be very ashamed to be compared to Jimmy Williams. Jimmy Williams failed a drug test, got arrested for DUI, showed no commitment/discipline, weighted 20 pounds over, and overall was just very immature. He refused to run the 40 at the combine and didn't handle media properly. He was very cocky and didn't take the pre-draft process to serious.
While both players saw their stock drift downwards, (most of it because they underachieved) Jimmy also hurt himself by being immature. Willy mo was hampered by injuries his senior year and it's undeniable he's injury prone considering he's on IR right now.

There is a big age difference since William Moore is an old rookie, and he looks like a guy that could be a leader on and off the field. While both players have (had) great physical tools, I think mentally is where they really are set apart. It's evident that this is was sunk jimmy williams in, and william moore has no off field issues.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-02-2009, 09:16 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Hate playing on Mondays. Looking forward to the game even though I still think we are going to get beat pretty badly.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want to be in a shoot-out and competitive. If we show some fight, in their place, it will show to me that we have a legitimate team. I don't think we need to win this game though, the schedule is easy and we have a home game against these Saints' later.

Old 11-02-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I just want to be in a shoot-out and competitive. If we show some fight, in their place, it will show to me that we have a legitimate team. I don't think we need to win this game though, the schedule is easy and we have a home game against these Saints' later.
I'd take a close game/shoot out. I think the only way we win though is if we hold the Saints under 28 because we are controlling the clock with a good game from Turner.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I think Turner should have a good game, the Saints are missing their best D-Lineman Ellis and might miss Fujita.

Old 11-02-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Ovie is active tonight. That's definitely a plus. Very interested to see what Tye Hill can bring to the table.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:47 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Good start.
Old 11-02-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Embarrassing job by Baker.