Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-15-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
We've done that before. I'm pretty sure we did it in the Vick era. We've just never had back to back winning seasons. .500 isn't a winning record. :(
My bad I meant 9-7. I remember when we had Vick, we started of 5-2, the curse hit and we ended 8-8. That's the season the Packers and Samkon Gado upset us if I remember correctly.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, anyone think Matt can stay under 3 turnovers in the Meadowland winds facing the Giants D off a bye? Honestly, I'd be shocked with anything less than 2 picks and a fumble.
Old 11-15-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

****. That was a tough loss.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, the Eagles loss helps us a bit. We just need to pull off a major upset and win next week. But yeah, Turner will probably be out and Matt is terrible. So, probably not.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

And when will Mularkey realize that the teams are ready for the boot action with Roddy running across? Mularkey needs to step up his game as well in my mind.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone have any idea what our success rate is when going downfield to Roddy?

Has to be pretty high.

Just like Matt Ryan's passes.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

I'm not looking to make any excuses for Matt Ryan, and this really shouldn't be seeing as he has a great WR and TE... but I really think we need another target. From the second I saw we re-upped Jenkins, I thought we settled. And that's when he was playing at his best last season. He's just not good, and I think Matt was greatly helped last season by having an extra big play threat of a HD or Norwood.
Old 11-15-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'm not looking to make any excuses for Matt Ryan, and this really shouldn't be seeing as he has a great WR and TE... but I really think we need another target. From the second I saw we re-upped Jenkins, I thought we settled. And that's when he was playing at his best last season. He's just not good, and I think Matt was greatly helped last season by having an extra big play threat of a HD or Norwood.
Yeah. We are missing a lot of speed on our offense, and it seems to be showing. Does anyone know when Norwood is expected back?

With Michael Turner possibly being out for a while, we are going to have to depend heavily on Matt Ryan to get the offense going...I am kind of worried.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 11-15-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Wow. I know we need to slow down with the anointing oil, but if Ryan ever becomes anything as good as Manning, then we are set. He is a machine out there, and Ryan still has a chance to be that good. Let's not forget that Manning averaged 20 interceptions a season in his first 5 years in the NFL. I still think Ryan has the ability to suddenly revert back to his last season self, just like the rest of our stars did (White against SF. Turner against NO).

Old 11-16-2009, 12:41 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Michael Turner injury couldn't come at a worse time. We just aren't a very deep team, at any position really. What do we have behind Turner? White? O-Line? On defense? Not much. This is where being in the 2nd year in a new regime hurts, you expect to win with some nice talent but it isn't all there yet. We might be starting Will Svitek and Jason Snelling in a critical road game. Not good.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im interested to see who backs up jason snelling. Maybe we re-sign aaron stecker, or maybe antone smith is ready and we bring him up? Funny to think we started the season with thunder and lightning and now we have to rely on this former 7th round FB. Snelling has been great for us, idk what we would do without him now. Maybe larry johnson? oh god no.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 06:06 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
The Michael Turner injury couldn't come at a worse time. We just aren't a very deep team, at any position really. What do we have behind Turner? White? O-Line? On defense? Not much. This is where being in the 2nd year in a new regime hurts, you expect to win with some nice talent but it isn't all there yet. We might be starting Will Svitek and Jason Snelling in a critical road game. Not good.

To be perfectly fair though, Svitek certainly held his own out there. He got called for one BS holding and there wasn't much else. And I know we've all been impressed with Snelling. I know what you mean, but it's all going to come down to the guy who has lost us the last two games... the quarterback.
Old 11-16-2009, 06:51 AM    (permalink
scar988
All-Pro

scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scar988 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hearing Norwood should be back next week... and Snelling will start with Norwood spelling him... sounds good to me.

Owner of ScarDraft
Atlanta Falcons and NFL Draft Featured Columnist for Bleacher Report
scar988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 11:20 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our QB is smack dab in the middle of a Sophomore slump. (hey, it could be worse, we could have Jay Cutler!)

Our pass defense cannot stop Jake Freaking Delhomme and Muhshin Muhammad. Just think about that for a little bit.

Our run defense has one of the worst averages against in football.

John Abraham has completely disappeared as a pass rusher.

Michael Turner might be out a while.

Jason Elam is done, period.

Old 11-16-2009, 12:12 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Our QB is smack dab in the middle of a Sophomore slump. (hey, it could be worse, we could have Jay Cutler!)

Our pass defense cannot stop Jake Freaking Delhomme and Muhshin Muhammad. Just think about that for a little bit.

Our run defense has one of the worst averages against in football.

John Abraham has completely disappeared as a pass rusher.

Michael Turner might be out a while.

Jason Elam is done, period.
Can't really disagree with much of that.

That was a brutal game, and I can appreciate the over-the-top mid-game reaction.

I'd still rather have Ryan than any other young QB, but he's really got to get his mojo back. I think he's become a little shy in the pocket and, to be fair, his protection hasn't been great. Svitek against Peppers, even injured, was always going to be ugly.

Not sure what the hell's happened to Elam. I think it must be the hamstring injury that's got him off the boil.

Still, even a loss at the Giants does not kill us (and no, I can't see us winning that, banged up and playing a team that will have been fuming all bye-week). Our biggest game now is at home vs the Eagles. If we win that, I'd back us to make the playoffs. If we lose it, we're done.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I think that Ryan was going to struggle at some point early in his career. It didn't happen as a rookie, which is abnormal, but to expect it never to happen just wasn't realistic. Philip Rivers played fantastic his first year, had a rough second year; Ben Roethlisberger had two very good seasons and then a 18-23 season as a third year starter.

Old 11-17-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

It's all a little ugly at the moment, but the fact remains that no more than ten teams have a brighter outlook than us, either short or long term, so there's not much to be upset about.

The fact is, he's down to earth, a leader, and an extremely hard worker. He is also surrounded by good teachers. Therefore I have consummate confidence in his ability to put this right.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I never lost confidence in Matt Ryan. He's a smart guy, not someone who will get in trouble or do something stupid. You know he's working hard right now to correct his mistakes.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-17-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I never lost confidence in Matt Ryan. He's a smart guy, not someone who will get in trouble or do something stupid. You know he's working hard right now to correct his mistakes.
Definitely. His slump before the Carolina game never worried me because I know he has the ability to turn it around within the span of a week because he is hard working guy. His game against Carolina did worry me because for the first time, his interceptions, that were caused by bad decision making and bad accuracy, cost us a game that we could have won. We came out with Ws against CHI and WAS, but some of the picks weren't Ryan's fault and probably would not have changed the outcome of the games against DAL and NO.

We all know he will be a great QB in the future (except maybe ATLDirtyBirds), but he is going to have to cut down on his mistakes immediately, otherwise we are going to miss playoffs.

Old 11-17-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I disagree.

You take out the picks in the NO game and we have a great shot at winning it.

With Turner playing how he is/ was, we shouldn't have lost.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I disagree.

With Turner playing how he is/ was, we shouldn't have lost.
All 3 of those picks were questionable. During the pick 6, Vilma screened Roddy which lead to the interception. He shouldn't have thrown knowing that Roddy wasn't going to make it there, but an interference call could've been made. His redzone pick was just a really athletic play by Vilma. He barely tipped it (didn't even tip it enough for it to change course too much), which led to the Porter pick. If Vilma doesn't jump that high or time it perfectly, that is a Gonzalez TD.

I feel like I am making excuses, but whatever. I didn't really expect anything close to a W going into undefeated NO anyway.

Old 11-17-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
We all know he will be a great QB in the future (except maybe ATLDirtyBirds), but he is going to have to cut down on his mistakes immediately, otherwise we are going to miss playoffs.
I'm sure he'll get out of it and be a very good QB. It's just the guy we are getting now is the guy I was so opposed to early on in the draft process. I just pray this isn't the type of player he's going to be. Because this QB isn't more than average and is costing us games with a high number of INTs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I disagree.

I agree.
Old 11-20-2009, 01:36 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Nice of the Dolphins to do us a favour... and that pretty much blows the Panthers' chances, I think.

It would have been really depressing to lose the Giants game and be level with the Panthers.
Old 11-20-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

The Giants fans, surprisingly, are not all that confident that they will win. They all expect Ryan to snap out of it against them. I could only hope. We need an elite performance from him to win, or even come close.

(then again, having the defense do anything would help)

Old 11-20-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

well giants lost 4 in a row, the fans are feeling down on them, unsurprisingly.

I looking at my crystal ball, and I see Jason Snelling running wild on them.

Quote:
we all hate you