Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 11-24-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL TOTAL DEFENSE:

24. Oakland Raiders
25. Buffalo Bills
26. Tennessee Titans
27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers
28. Atlanta Falcons
29. St. Louis Rams
30. Kansas City Chiefs
31. Detroit Lions
32. Cleveland Browns

MAN ARE WE AMONG SOME ELITE COMPANY OR WHAT?!?

fire BVG, do something.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 01:32 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On our defense I have been happy with Lofton, Decoud, Babineaux and Biermann. Everyone else has been mediocre at best, terrible at worst. The most disappointing player has been John Abraham. We really needed him to make an impact and he has been nonexistent since the first week.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:45 AM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
On our defense I have been happy with Lofton, Decoud, Babineaux and Biermann. Everyone else has been mediocre at best, terrible at worst. The most disappointing player has been John Abraham. We really needed him to make an impact and he has been nonexistent since the first week.
Our pass defense is disgusting to watch in real life and in Madden. I play on All-Madden and I can't do anything as a single player for the defense. I try to control the CB, but the pass rush blows. I try a DL, but the CBs get burnt so easily. I try a LB and shut down the run but get crushed in the passing game as the DL doesn't get pressure the the CB's can't cover.

What's sad is the fact that our real life pass defense does that too...that became valid in the Giants game. Our pass rush is atrocious. Wow. What happened to the blitz btw? If theres anyone to blitz, its Eli.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

that didn't become valid since the giants game, it's been way longer than that. Our pass defense sucked last year.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-25-2009, 08:01 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know I said I'd break down our game in more detail, but I got lazy and just didn't have much time to do so, so I'll give you the Cliff Notes version.

-Matt Ryan reminds me so much of Eli Manning. Everyone calls him the next Peyton, but honestly, he's the next Eli. He's an Eli clone. Everything about him. His arm, his ability to adjust, his reads, how he throws, his clutchness, his presnap adjustments, everything. He's Eli.

Thats why when I saw him for the first time in the NFL (i didn't like him at all coming out, but once i saw him on an NFL field, i got sold), I knew he was going to be special. I saw Eli in him, and he's going to be great for you guys. The Ryan bashing here is dumb. Relax. You got a qb.

-Jamal Anderson was a bust at DE. But the guy is looking pretty good at DT. He's so strong, he holds the point pretty well. Good run stuffer. And while he sucks at pass rushing as a DE, he's decent as a DT. Maybe all hope is not lost for the guy.

-Good god your secondary blows.

-Curtis Lofton is a great young MIKE. But he can't do it all by himself.

-Roddy White was a complete WR. He's underappreciated among the masses. He had a quiet game bc he went against Corey Webster. Who is an even more underrated CB. The only big play Roddy had all game was on a busted coverage in a Cover 2 shell. He caught like 3 quick slants on Corey. Thats it.

-Gonzalez has lost all his speed. He gets open with savy and size, but you need a replacement soon. He has 1 year left in the tank. I still feel giving up a 2nd for him was a bit much, but it does help your developing qb in the meantime.

For now though, he's still one of the best TEs in the game. But don't be fooled. You need a long term replacement.

-You need pass rushers.

-Mike Jenkins should be so much better than he is. He should be a poor man's Vincent Jackson. I'm not sure if he'll ever live up to his physical abilities. It must be frustrating watching him underachieve with that body of his. His only big plays were against UDFA Bruce Johnson. He got locked up by Terrell Thomas.

I still think he has potential to get better. Maybe he just needs more time. Work on his hands, his route running, and chemistry. The guy should be a stud. But he's not.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 11-25-2009 at 08:04 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

you did good for one game. I can't argue with anything since you haven't seen the whole season.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-25-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
that didn't become valid since the giants game, it's been way longer than that. Our pass defense sucked last year.
Definitely. It was just disgusting against the Giants though. Sometimes it was able to be hit with excessive blitzing and a better pass rush, but against a good QB its just waiting to get ripped.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 11-27-2009, 07:45 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm thinking a big week from Abraham. Freeman is certainly someone you can get to. I just read an article where Abe and Ray Hamilton have felt he's been close, but just not quite getting there. I personally haven't seen enough of it to be completely pleased myself. Even though I don't use the site as the end all

http://profootballfocus.com/by_posit...=25&numgames=1

It appears as if there might be some validity behind that statement. Hopefully he's able to notch a couple of QB drops this week.
Old 11-27-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

jamaal anderson is # 60 on that list.

The guy started every game for us. That list is for only 4-3 DE. Not every team even runs a 4-3. So there are a lost of backup DE's way better than JA98.

Man seems like everytime DE's pop up, we get a chance to bash jamaal anderson.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 11-28-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sup guys, been a rough stretch as of late and no its not what we envisioned at the beginning of the year but it is what it is and yes we still have a great **** at playoffs so Im gonna focus on that.

We control our shot to get there, do we deserve yet? Who knows. We have the worst secondary in football and that sucks, Turner and Norwood are hurt, Matt has been shaky but seems to get out of that slump. Our D-line (Abe) has been dormant. So ya alot of negatives so far but we still have a shot.

With the Bucs game tmrw, and at home, hopefully we can build some momentum goin into the home stretch and lock up a playoff spot.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Norwood and Turner active. Hopefully this is a good get well game and we kick the **** out of the Bucs.
Old 11-29-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Nice to see the guys back, but I hope Turner only gets 10 or so carries to get him back in the groove (10 each for Norwood and Snelling as well).

We don't need him for this game, but REALLY need him vs Philly.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

anyone with a link, send it here.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

hey guys, does anyone have a link to the game, otherwise im awake at 5am australian time for nothing
Old 11-29-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

So Matt Ryan is hurt. Cool.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

super, ryan injured... looks like ankle or foot.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

Owens is starting, nice.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

and dahl also injured. better and better.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

This is ******* ridiculous. I hate playing ****** teams.

Old 11-29-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

just a toe injury. should be fine. could have been so much worse...
Old 11-29-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Sam Baker is awful. So is Blalock for that matter.
Old 11-29-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

er, baker really struggling as well. lucky this is just the bucs. we really need to get healthy.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

My god, Norwood is so good when he's on the field.
Old 11-29-2009, 01:04 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

that was a BEAUTIFUL play. Mularkey, take a bow...
Old 11-29-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Our secondary is so ******* terrible it's mind boggling.