Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 12-06-2009, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have never seen a team prepared worse. Even though this game is for the wildcard, and to save our season, the players looks very unmotivated. Our defense sucks as usual. The offense is more predictable then anything I have ever seen.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a ridiculous performance. I don't even know where to start. 5 starters missing on offense and the already abysmal defense just ******** all over the place.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:38 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good for Michael Vick. Stick it to this god awful franchise. Good to see you doing well buddy. I feel bad for Tony G though. He's still one helluva player, and he came he thinking he was going to be on a good team and ended up playing with all of these dick suckers.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lolz at atlz.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 03:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guess I was wrong guys. You guys crack me up though... You do a good job of acknowledging the season is over. haha.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is in for new coordinators?
Old 12-06-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mulakey is a beast. One game and players not executing does not change that IMO.

Defensively, though...

You have to wonder why Mike Smith can't pull in one of his former peers from Baltimore or Jacksonville.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am not feeling Mularkey anymore. I think he was good to bring along young QBs by focusing on the run and gadget plays, but I think we need an upgrade here with a Sean Payton or Josh McDaniels type of guy; we have a cerebral QB with great short accuracy and weapons (White, Gonzalez, Douglas, Norwood). Mularkey does the same thing over and over again: 2 runs and 1 pass. With Ryan at helm, he might throw in a 1st or 2nd down pass. We need a creative guy to take advantage of our players.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 12-06-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I don't believe you change an offense every two seasons. Let the players progress in the system.

Many of Matt Ryan's interceptions this season came due to him making bad decisions. And in the beginning of the year the OL could not block.

The team just hasn't looked settled all season.

Old 12-06-2009, 04:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Mulakey is a beast. One game and players not executing does not change that IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
We need a creative guy to take advantage of our players.
I think that's what's really lacking most. Creativity. I thought the world of Mularkey last year, but he's gotten very repetitive. That seems to be the path he's followed where ever he's gone.
Old 12-06-2009, 05:20 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I don't believe you change an offense every two seasons. Let the players progress in the system.

Many of Matt Ryan's interceptions this season came due to him making bad decisions. And in the beginning of the year the OL could not block.

The team just hasn't looked settled all season.
I think a change now would be too much to ask for, and I wouldn't mind the Falcons sticking with Mularkey for another year, but hopefully they aren't planning on keeping Mularkey long term. If we want Ryan to become a top QB in the league, he is going to need some genius coordinators to make an impact like McDaniels and Payton did with Brady and Brees.

Old 12-06-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I think a change now would be too much to ask for, and I wouldn't mind the Falcons sticking with Mularkey for another year, but hopefully they aren't planning on keeping Mularkey long term. If we want Ryan to become a top QB in the league, he is going to need some genius coordinators to make an impact like McDaniels and Payton did with Brady and Brees.
I think there's an outside chance Mularkey gets a HC chance somewhere.

Now with the Giants winning, the hopes for the playoffs are dead. Hey, at least we came out prepared, gave a good effort, and played with pride today. Oh wait.
Old 12-06-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have like the perfect offensive team. Every 5 of our linemen return, our QB is a young stud. Got a probowl WR,mTE, RB. Great back up/change of pace back.

The problem is, our offense is waaaaaaaaaaay to predictable. Hell, my 4 year old cousin knows what they're gonna do each play. We ******* ran so much at the beginning of the game. We don't have our starting RB, and we don't have 2 o-linemen starting, but mularkey was gonna run no matter what, even though we couldn't get any push. Then when we're ******, we're gonna pass it, bet the defense isn't gonna see that coming.

Yes we have injures and ****, but every week this team looks worse and worse.

We need 2 new coordinators, then maybe i'll watch this team again.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-07-2009, 02:38 AM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

haha you guys all sound the same now. I know its frustrating but im trying to keep in mind that the players that played today on both sides of the ball and probably worse than the team we had in 2007. Virtually every player TD&co had brought in since 2008 was unavailable today. I never thought wed win today. 7 Starters on one side of the ball being out is rediculous. Add to that our defense is probably worse than the Steelers D WITHOUT 7 of their starters then your always going to have problems.

I didnt watch the game thankfully, it was on fox at 5am down here in AUS and my alarm didnt go off for some reason. I guess thats why im not as torn up. Im keen to watch some of the replay tonight. At what point did Sidbury get his sack? i might just stick to that part

Im happy to keep Mularky i guess unless a guy like Charlie Wies or a real thinker like Payton is available.

I want BVG gone though, i dont believe in the scheme, its just too similair from down to down. We dont need too many new players. BUT Id like a fat DT like Terrance Cody or Shaun Rogers for the sake of a different body type and the versitility it allows us(i dont care if "we only want pentrators" cause this year has proven that we need to mix it up more with our D). We need at least one new CB pending Owens continued improvement. We need a LB to compete with Nicolas Adkins and Pete and we need a DE to take over some of Abes snaps contribute immeadiately and set for the future with Kroy and Sid

FA is a must this year

Last edited by DraftMichaelHuff : 12-07-2009 at 02:40 AM.
DraftMichaelHuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't blame this loss of the OC or DC. 5 key starters was missing from the offense including your 2 most important players. On defense it's a lack of a talent there is no pass rush at all and the CB's are beyond awful. I mean is John Abe still on the team?
Old 12-07-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Ugh, that was ugly.

The end of the first half was the game. Right decision, stupid playcalling (especially with Dahl out).

This is not unfixable, we have just been snake-bitten this year. Look at the Saints last year - got a load of injuries, had a high pick, had a couple of great acquisitions, and then had a year of luck (this game was RIDICULOUS) and are looking at an unbeaten season.

We'll be fine this year, but it sucks that we will probably have to wait another two years at least to get rid of this stupid record...

I also hate the bland 4-3; however, I can't see Smith changing a lifetime's philosophy. Also, there's no doubt that a 4-3 D can be great, it just needs consistently excellent personnel, which we clearly don't have - yet.

Mularkey is a good coordinator (despite occasional fuckups) and it is clearly in Matt's interest to have continuity.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:13 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Call me crazy, but I think Jamal Anderson looks pretty damn good at DT.

I think he'd make a great 3-4 DE.
Old 12-07-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

oops, wrong thread.

Last edited by bigbluedefense : 12-07-2009 at 12:33 PM.
bigbluedefense is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Yeah, I have been surprised by the impact he makes as a DT. At least he isn't completely useless in terms of pass rushing anymore.

This was a tough year. We knew that coming into it when we saw that we faced off against the NFC East and played 4 teams coming off of byes. Next year, our luck should be better as we face the NFC West and Ryan enters the 3rd year of the offensive system (as much as I want better coordinators, I think we have to give Mularkey one more shot. Throwing out the Eagles game, our offense is averaging 24.7 points per game, putting us right below the Cardinals at #9. Last year, we scored 24.4 points per game. It is a good improvement, considering how much harder of a schedule we have).

I wonder if Matt Ryan is going to come back for the Saints game. If we can win out (which is still a great possibility. Saints look beatable and we are at home and @ NY, vs. BUF, and @ TB aren't too bad as long as our team shows up), we would end up at 10-6 with decent playoff chances. If I am right (does anyone know?), 3 out of the 4 have to happen: the Giants have to go 2-2, Cowboys and Eagles go 1-4, Green Bay goes 2-2. One of the NFC East teams wins the division, so that doesn't matter, but the other 2 have to have a record worse than ours because we have automatically lost in the tiebreaker against any NFC East team.

Old 12-07-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

No you're good. This the falcons discussion/game day thread all in one.

I think jamaal anderson would make a decent 3-4 DE. I'm not sure if anyone would be willing to trade for him, we'll take a bag of footballs.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 12-07-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

So far I've seen 5 Falcons games this season.

Vs the Bears
Vs the Saints
Vs the Cowboys
Vs the Giants
Vs the Eagles

Each game, i came away impressed with the push Andersen gets in the run game, and the push he gets inside as a pass rusher. He's not your traditional DT and he's been a disappointment at End, but I look at this guy and say to myself, he can be fixed. Hes a very stoute run stuffer, and has a ton of strength. He's not entirely fast, and can use more pass rush moves, but I really think this guy can get better and really become a solid player inside, or a maybe a good player as a 3-4 End.

He reminds me of Calais Campbell. He needs to be coached up a bit, but I don't think his career is over. I see him as a salvageable player under the right coaching.

I wouldn't mind him on the Giants, for what its worth.

Also, Lofton is a stud. Love him. I like the potential from the 4th round DE. Forgetting his name at the moment. Other than that, you guys really need to overhaul that defense. Starting with the secondary. Its just awful.

I loved Houston coming out, but the guy has the worst ball recognition skills ive ever seen.
Old 12-07-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I stopped watching after the 1st half, I just couldn't handle the game any more. Roddy White and Lofton are still freaks... other than that I don't know what to say we were pretty much awful. Did any see how Chris Owens played? I tried to pay close attention to him but it was hard that game whilst being anally raped by the Eagles. I also have a feeling Matt Ryan won't play against the Saints, I hope I'm wrong.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Call me crazy, but I think Jamal Anderson looks pretty damn good at DT.

I think he'd make a great 3-4 DE.
I would say that's a little bit high in both regards. I think he's looked solid at DT, and I have thought for a while he'd make a nice 3-4 end. He just can't rush the passer well enough to play as a 43 end.

Quote:
This was a tough year. We knew that coming into it when we saw that we faced off against the NFC East and played 4 teams coming off of byes. Next year, our luck should be better as we face the NFC West and Ryan enters the 3rd year of the offensive system (as much as I want better coordinators, I think we have to give Mularkey one more shot. Throwing out the Eagles game, our offense is averaging 24.7 points per game, putting us right below the Cardinals at #9. Last year, we scored 24.4 points per game. It is a good improvement, considering how much harder of a schedule we have).

I wonder if Matt Ryan is going to come back for the Saints game. If we can win out (which is still a great possibility. Saints look beatable and we are at home and @ NY, vs. BUF, and @ TB aren't too bad as long as our team shows up), we would end up at 10-6 with decent playoff chances. If I am right (does anyone know?), 3 out of the 4 have to happen: the Giants have to go 2-2, Cowboys and Eagles go 1-4, Green Bay goes 2-2. One of the NFC East teams wins the division, so that doesn't matter, but the other 2 have to have a record worse than ours because we have automatically lost in the tiebreaker against any NFC East team.
I'm probably still just in a frustrated, pissy mood, but unless we make some major moves in free agency, I still don't think we are any better than average. I have some serious question marks at almost every position but WR1, MLB, UT and maybe a spot or 2 on the OL.

I don't think winning out is at all a realistic possibility. Honestly, we'd be extremely lucky to go 3-1 and I think will probably finish up with an 8-8 record.
Old 12-07-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
DraftMichaelHuff
Veteran

DraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairDraftMichaelHuff is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

haha its all good guys. Sure we may have a 20 man injury list and 2 years worth of draft pick and free agent acquisitions out but at least we dont play anyone good next week...../

....oh wait

man, when it rains it pours
Old 12-07-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
So far I've seen 5 Falcons games this season.

Vs the Bears
Vs the Saints
Vs the Cowboys
Vs the Giants
Vs the Eagles

Each game, i came away impressed with the push Andersen gets in the run game, and the push he gets inside as a pass rusher. He's not your traditional DT and he's been a disappointment at End, but I look at this guy and say to myself, he can be fixed. Hes a very stoute run stuffer, and has a ton of strength. He's not entirely fast, and can use more pass rush moves, but I really think this guy can get better and really become a solid player inside, or a maybe a good player as a 3-4 End.

He reminds me of Calais Campbell. He needs to be coached up a bit, but I don't think his career is over. I see him as a salvageable player under the right coaching.

I wouldn't mind him on the Giants, for what its worth.
Are you iloxy???

JK, good post.

Quote:
we all hate you