Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 08-03-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
You guys did well to upgrade CB this off-season with Robinson and Franks. I wanted Franks on Dallas so bad, he had great value but he's one of the few Corners who were drafted at that range that have legit starting ability. We drafted that scrub Jamal Wall and he's probably gonna be cut soon.
We drafted a CB in the 5th last year who we cut, Franks looks legit.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Alex Marvez of FOXSports.com reports Falcons defensive tackle Jonathan Babineaux will be suspended one game for violating the league's substance abuse policy."
Old 08-03-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Didn't we know that for several months now? Well I expect Peria Jerry and Thomas Johnson to start.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-03-2010, 06:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Didn't we know that for several months now? Well I expect Peria Jerry and Thomas Johnson to start.
We knew he'd be suspended, didn't know for how long. We guessed 1 or 2 games. Supposedly Peters has been taking 1st team reps, so maybe he starts.
Old 08-03-2010, 09:58 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Well peria jerry is still not back, but I guess that means he's more impressive then thomas johnson. Hopefully Peters does start. It will be interesting to pretty much see 2 rookies at DT.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-04-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm more excited about our defense than our offense. lots of young faces with chances to emerge and fulfill potential.

i feel like we have great depth at CB but lack a legitimate #1. hopefully robinson doesn't rack up penalties with too much physical play and locks down some opponent #1 WRs. i'm still skeptical about his lengthy contract and whether or not he can be a solid #1 for years to come but the reports out of TC look good so fingers are crossed. williams looks to have the #2 spot locked up but i want owens to take that spot sometime this year and keep it for the sake of the future. i see grimes as a decent nickel. and franks and jackson are great depth.

as for our schedule, i see it as a double-edged sword. i know i shouldn't care about pundits, but if we do well, our success will be attributed to the 'easy' schedule and if we perform below expectations we'll be labelled poorly. i cannot wait til week one.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

where do you see williams locking up the #2 spot?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-04-2010, 01:59 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
where do you see williams locking up the #2 spot?
nothing concrete but various speculative reports from pfw and bleacherreport. with his experience and the solid job he did before he got hurt, i expect him to be the starter opposite robinson unless his injury resurfaces. but like i said, i'm rooting for owens to get as much starting time as possible.
Old 08-04-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Speaking of Peria......

Quote:
FLOWERY BRANCH – Defensive tackle Peria Jerry, the team’s first round draft pick in 2009, took part in his first football action on Wednesday since suffering a gruesome knee injury last season.

They didn’t stop practice or blow a special horn, but Falcons coach Mike Smith said it was “milestone.”

Jerry, who was injured in the second game last season against Carolina, jumped into the one-on-one pass rushing drills. Understandably, he was a little rusty.

“He moved all right,” defensive line coach Ray Hamilton said. “I thought he moved OK.”

The Falcons plan to be cautious with Jerry’s return to full contact.

“We are going to be patient and ease into this,” Hamilton said. “We want to make sure that his legs get stronger. We don’t want to push him into anything yet where he has to be in there with 11 guys, but we are going to ease him into some drills.”
AJC
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

So far it looks like the most impressive guy is Franks. We could have 3 rooks starting on defense come week one guys.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-05-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doubt it. Can't see us throwing Franks into the fire, even with impressive play in camp.

I must say, I've never supported our drafting of Peria Jerry in round one and thus far I have no reason to change that view.

And he'll be 26 when the season starts.

Next Up: 2012

Last edited by BamaFalcon59 : 08-05-2010 at 12:39 AM.
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So far it looks like the most impressive guy is Franks. We could have 3 rooks starting on defense come week one guys.

Can't see Franks starting. He might be able to see the field some week one though. Peria is really being brought back in gently it seems. Hopefully he's ready to go for some snaps week one. I'm not sure who we are going to see getting the start, but I do believe that we will see a tremendous rotation of our DTs in that first week.
Old 08-05-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dunta Robinson and Brian Williams are both hurt so the opportunity is there for Franks to prove something in TC against the #1 offense. I wonder what he will do on special teams. Who is gonna be our returner? Now we got Weems, Douglas, and Franks.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-05-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

I've been reading that Dunta may not be a go (His hamstring) in our pre-season
opener....Franks should be getting more reps with the starting lineup
which is good to hear, he has alot of momentum going his way i hope
he takes this in stride and learn

EDIT: Bos U beat me to it. lol
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFalconsFan View Post
I've been reading that Dunta may not be a go (His hamstring) in our pre-season
opener....Franks should be getting more reps with the starting lineup
which is good to hear, he has alot of momentum going his way i hope
he takes this in stride and learn

EDIT: Bos U beat me to it. lol
I don't think Brian Williams will be able to go for another week. So we'll get a nice hard look at the young CBs.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-06-2010, 07:21 PM    (permalink
OGDraft
Rookie

OGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairOGDraft is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Is Brian Williams the best option to start opposite of Dunta though? His lack of speed is a concern and he tore his ACL just last season. I heard he is back to full strength and shows no ill effects but it still bothers me. To be honest, when we re-signed him I thought he would assume a veterans role and kinda be a teacher to our young CB's. I definitely did not expect him to enter the season as a starter.
OGDraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGDraft View Post
Is Brian Williams the best option to start opposite of Dunta though? His lack of speed is a concern and he tore his ACL just last season. I heard he is back to full strength and shows no ill effects but it still bothers me. To be honest, when we re-signed him I thought he would assume a veterans role and kinda be a teacher to our young CB's. I definitely did not expect him to enter the season as a starter.

It really depends. Have to love the way Grimes came on late, but let's not forget how awful he was for most of the season. Owens showed a lot of promise, but he certainly got beat enough in his short time as a corner. Franks is a rookie, and Chevis isn't starter material. So it could very easily mean that Williams is the best option, but I will be very disappointed if he is the starter.
Old 08-07-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you put Grimes out there until he messes up. His play late last season was impressive.

Then Owens/ Jackson/ Franks/ Williams battle.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind cutting Williams. I think Owens, Franks, and Jackson would be a fine set of players for the competition for the nickle through quarter spots.

Old 08-07-2010, 02:34 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I think you put Grimes out there until he messes up. His play late last season was impressive.

Then Owens/ Jackson/ Franks/ Williams battle.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind cutting Williams. I think Owens, Franks, and Jackson would be a fine set of players for the competition for the nickle through quarter spots.
you gotta keep in mind that the falcons played against some bad QBs when grimes played impressively.
Old 08-07-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefalconer View Post
you gotta keep in mind that the falcons played against some bad QBs when grimes played impressively.
Truth, but the guy made plays when we lacked playmakers on defense.

If he falters you try the more impressive of Owens/ Franks at the position.

Old 08-07-2010, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Grimes as a number one wasn't good, but he was better than Chris Houston. With Dunta shadowing the Steve Smith/Marques Colston types, I feel a lot better about Brent Grimes matched up against #2 receivers.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Who will be on in nickel packages? Chevis just wasn't cutting it last year.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-08-2010, 09:59 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Michael Jenkins is out 4-6 weeks. This is Harry Douglas' opportunity to shine. Hopefully he takes over and never gives it back. He could be the next Santana Moss.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I can't say I was too upset about hearing this. Of course I don't want anyone hurt, but Im excited to potentially see someone step up at WR. Harry Douglas should do just fine as the #2. Eric Weems will do what he did last year at the slot, and Kerry Meier has a chance to get some good PT. I'm really excited now.

Course can't count out Fin, but he's been here forever, we know what he can do.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 08-09-2010, 12:15 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Can't see Douglas being anything like Santana. Santana is/ was a legit low 4.3 guy.

Still, Douglas should shine if he returns to form.