Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 10-10-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another frustrating game, made close by the woeful browns. So many chances to score touchdowns, which should have been 21 points resulted in 6...That has to change, granted the play calling in the redzone was atrocious.

Ryan has to do a much better job at recognizing when to get rid of the damn ball, Early he just took a sack, start of the 3rd he just held it for god knows why and backs into a sack and fumbling it to the Browns...I mean really Matt?

Some drves we look great and others its just like wtf...The Defense played well minus the 1 scoring drive, but this is a Cleveland offense that blows balls, so we need to work on alot of things.

HEY WE DIDNT HAVE ANY HOLDING PENALTIES ON RETURNS TODAY!!!!!!
Old 10-10-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan was hot garbage the 1st half. The 2nd half he was straight money. When Jenkins gets back he will be a better target than Brian Finneran so I expect Ryan to pick it up a little. Should be a fun game against the Eagles next week, especially if Vick starts.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow I was at work second half and I just saw the Kroy Biermann interception.

Holy **** that is the play of the year!!!!!!!!!!1

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
Matt Ryan was hot garbage the 1st half. The 2nd half he was straight money. When Jenkins gets back he will be a better target than Brian Finneran so I expect Ryan to pick it up a little. Should be a fun game against the Eagles next week, especially if Vick starts.

If by fun game you mean we are likely to get embarrassed, then I agree. I pray, pray, pray that Michael will not be able to go.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hate playing the Eagles. We are just always losing in a stupid way against them. It doesn't get any easier playing them at their own turf.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-10-2010, 06:29 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I still can't get over the play Biermann made. That is so crazy. He had a very quiet season so far, and nothing better could have happened then something like that for him. Hopefully he will go on to have a breakout year like we expected. Nice to also see John Abraham breaking out.

This team is making much more plays on defense, I love it.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-10-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

now that our defense is sorta stepping up, our offense is garbage.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I wouldn't call the Offense garbage I would just say they are underachieving while the defense is overachieving.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-10-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's just so frustrating that both facets of our team can't click at the same time. and when they do it's rare. i remember we were venting about this last year too. sometimes i love matt ryan and sometimes i hate him but what i can't stand is the media always putting him on a pedestal saying he's maturing after all his ******* mistakes. cut back on your ******* mistakes. i kinda wish he had more critics.
Old 10-10-2010, 06:52 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's not so much his mistakes, but rather his inability to be a playmaker that bothers me. I mean, he's keeping his turnovers down, but he's just not making plays on a consistent enough basis, which is what we need to be a superbowl team.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I guess Ryan's rookie year kinda spolied us, he was put in a role where he only had to make certain throws and had some great ones prolly due to most teams keying on the NFLs top rushing made the amazing throws that it takes to be attack.

As this is his 3rd year, we all (myself included) are expecting him to be great, shades of Manning and Brady...and hes just not them, he hasnt been consistent enough or made the great plays it takes to be on that list. And like all fans we tend to remember all the bad than the good, and at least he is keeping his INTs down.

Obviously tons of room to improve and hopefully we can click on all cylinders for this Philly game, and god please let Vick not play, I hate offenses w/ backs like McCoy and Gore, etc...they just eat us alive on short dump offs.
Old 10-10-2010, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

The cardinals embarrassed the Saints. Hahahaha, wow who would have thought.

This season is looking great for us right now.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-11-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Michael Jenkins will return this week. It's really good timing for us.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-13-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

A couple of things.

Haven't seen much of Brent Grimes, and this is a good thing.

Read that Peria Jerry will start to see more snaps as the season goes on. They are easing him back in. (They probably know that his injury typically takes 16-18 months when talking about DL explosiveness).

And here's a little article on Matt.

I’ve seen quite a bit of the Atlanta Falcons over the last several weeks. Some things that jump out at me: They’re learning how to win close games, and I’m liking the progress of the offense and QB Matt Ryan.

Ryan is going to be that type of quarterback where there are games in which statistics just don’t matter. To evaluate Ryan, you have to watch him situationally, and it goes back to his days at Boston College. There was a game against Virginia Tech in the rain in which he threw three interceptions and had 101 yards through three quarters, and then had 184 yards in the fourth quarter, including the game-winning touchdown pass.
Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

Ryan made it happen when it had to happen. Statistics be darned.

Ryan’s game against the Browns last week wasn’t a statistical work of art. But, he kept plays alive with his legs and stayed with routes knowing he would take big hits and still delivered the ball accurately. Several times, when drives stalled or didn’t pay off, Ryan didn’t let down and got it done later. That’s what makes superior quarterbacks.

I love what Ryan does for the Falcons’ offense. He’s an intelligent quarterback and is in full control of the two-minute drill, which the Falcons will run at any point of the game as a change-up. The way Michael Turner is running the ball, it gives Ryan the chance to take the big shot downfield to Roddy White, who had his first reception last week of 25-plus yards. That’s what the Falcons are looking for.

Ryan’s intangibles are off the charts. His teammates truly rally around him now and he’s acknowledged as their leader, even though he’s just a third-year quarterback. I don’t think there’s any question about that. I also don’t care what his numbers tell me during games, because I feel like at some point he’s going to make winning plays.

Someone in the league told me this week that although Ryan’s numbers aren’t that great, they felt like he’s an MVP candidate. That says it all about how people around the league are viewing Ryan.
Old 10-13-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

meh. he still has a ways to go to be an mvp candidate. i don't buy the "he just wins games" argument. the progress of our offense? psh. like i said before, the media needs to get off his dick.
Old 10-13-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

No matter what the media says the truth stands, he's not progressing. If he was so good he wouldn't start of so ****** and then have to play from behind to try to catch up. As easy as we could have been an 5-0 team, we could of just as easily been and 1-4 team, with the exception of the cards game.

My point is, article says he wins close game. Well ******, if he didn't throw 3 picks it wouldn't be that close now would it?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-14-2010, 05:38 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Listen, I'm on your side of he needs to get better, I'm pretty much the leader on that, but that's an awful example seeing as he's had 3 picks all season.
Old 10-14-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Couple of more things I've read today.

CB Dunta Robinson predicted SS William Moore will be in the Pro Bowl at the end of this season. "William has been everything we knew he was," Robinson said. "It was just about him maturing a bit as a football player and he's definitely done that." Falcons RapidReports

Measuring Dunta Robinson's impact
By Pat Yasinskas

When the Atlanta Falcons signed cornerback Dunta Robinson to a six-year contract worth about $57 million during the offseason a lot of eyebrows around the league were raised.

The logic from a lot of people was that Robinson wasn’t worth huge money because he’s not a true shutdown corner. But the Falcons think a little differently than most teams. Let’s just say that Atlanta general manager Thomas Dimitroff and coach Mike Smith don’t really believe there is such a thing as a true shutdown corner and, after hearing their logic, I think they’ve got a valid point.

The reasons they signed Robinson went a lot deeper than just signing a good cornerback. Yes, they wanted a No. 1 cornerback and Robinson, at the very least, fits that profile. That’s allowed guys like Brent Grimes and Christopher Owens to be second or third corners, which is what they are. But reflecting even deeper on what Dimitroff and Smith have said about the signing of Robinson, a big part of their logic was that his presence would make the entire defense better.

The Falcons took a lot of criticism for not really doing anything dramatic to improve their pass rush. But they believed guys like John Abraham and Kroy Biermann were close to getting a lot more sacks last year and better coverage in the secondary would allow them to be more productive. The results have been there as Atlanta suddenly has developed a solid pass rush.

Robinson has yet to produce his first interception, but let’s not go saying the Falcons overpaid for him or that he’s a bust. That’s far from the truth. Thanks to ESPN Stats & Information, we’ve got some very concrete and very positive evidence about how much impact Robinson has had on Atlanta’s defense.

The Falcons lead the league in interceptions with 10. They also lead the league in interceptions on the left side of the field with six. That’s as many as the Falcons had on that side of the field all last season.

In fact, Atlanta’s pass defense on the left side of the field has improved dramatically since last year. In 2009, opponents averaged 7.8 yards per attempt on pass plays to the left side of the field and opposing quarterbacks compiled an 85.8 passer rating. This season, the Falcons are allowing only 6.2 yards per attempt on passes to the left side and opposing quarterbacks have a 58.8 passer rating.
Old 10-14-2010, 06:39 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

William Moore has done what we knew he could do when we drafted him. That interception against Alex Smith was sick. You can easily see why he got 7 interception when he was healthy junior year at Mizzuo. It looks like the ball was thrown right to him, but you gotta see what Willy Mo does before the ball is even in the air.

He's covering Vernon Davis, who runs a corner route. This route is used to get the safety outside and clear room in the middle of the field for the first down. Moore realizes the play, reads Smith's eyes, and reacts before the ball is even out of Alex Smiths hands to get him into the position for the INT.

Why do I bring this particular play up? A playmaking safety is what we need for this defense to become elite, just look around the league. Polomalu, Reed, Sanders. Take a sample from the Saints of last year and think what Sharper did for them.

Erik Coleman had a lot of tackles last year, but that's really easy to do from his position. What we really need is a playmaker there. Someone like Willy Mo. Coleman had 0 interception all year in 2009.

Video: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...icks-off-Smith

edit: I made my assumption before seeing the announcer's explanation. Just wanted to find a video, it's quite obvious what he did though. Plays like that give us momentum, instead of the 49ers scoring, we score. He's only into his 4th start, gotta love what's to come with him.

Quote:
we all hate you

Last edited by Bosanac01 : 10-14-2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:14 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Atlanta safeties DeCoud, Moore getting job done
By GEORGE HENRY
The Associated Press
Thursday, October 14, 2010; 6:49 PM

FLOWERY BRANCH, Ga. -- Thomas DeCoud and William Moore are performing just as the Atlanta Falcons originally hoped.

Both are young starting safeties. Both were high draft picks. Both are playing at a high level.

"We've been real solid," DeCoud said Thursday. "We're getting the ball back (creating turnovers) and making solid tackles on the back end. If we keep doing what we're doing, the sky's the limit for us."

Perhaps, but it won't be without a few laughs along the way.

Moore, whom coach Mike Smith named the permanent starting strong safety over Erik Coleman this week, is kind of a cutup. He's a guy, after all, who played tuba in the high school marching band during halftime and would put his football uniform back on to play the third quarter.

DeCoud, the starting free safety since last year, is somewhat of a straight guy who slightly protests with a grin that "William Moore's a fun-loving guy, but I am, too."

Either way, both players are helping to balance the makeup of a defense that's thriving on takeaways.

"You want your team to have a bunch of different personalities because that keeps it fun," Smith said. "I think we've got a number of different characters on our team, so to speak, not only on the field but in the locker room."

DeCoud, a third-round pick out of California, and Moore, a second-round pick from Missouri, a part of general manager Thomas Dimitroff's long-term plans of building Atlanta's roster through the draft.

Dimitroff prefers to only acquire big-dollar free agents (running back Michael Turner in 2008 and cornerback Dunta Robinson in 2010) when necessary, and the same goes for blockbuster trades (tight end Tony Gonzalez last year).

By drafting smartly, Dimitroff has seen 12 of his 26 picks become starters and eight others earn playing time.

DeCoud and Moore have rewarded him this year by combining for 37 solo tackles, four quarterback hits, four passes defended, three interceptions, two forced fumbles and one fumble recovery.

The takeaways are critical to a team that leads the NFL with 36 points scored off turnovers. First-year defensive backs coach Tim Lewis, who spent a combined seven seasons as coordinator with Pittsburgh and the New York Giants, likes how the DeCoud-Moore tandem is helping the secondary create a fun, physical identity.

"Where we can go, I don't know," Lewis said. "That remains to be seen. Up until this point, they've done a fantastic job of buying into what we've been trying to give them. The biggest key really is that while we've not been in perfect position all of the time, they are trying to reach perfection."

Sunday at Philadelphia (3-2), the Falcons (4-1) will face an opponent that's the league's best with a turnover ratio of plus-57 since 1999.

Though quarterback Michael Vick is unlikely to play because of a rib injury, Philadelphia's other three top playmakers - running back LeSean McCoy and receivers Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson - are healthy for QB Kevin Kolb.

The Eagles are third in the NFL this year with 71 plays of 10 or more yards, and since the start of 2002, coach Andy Reid's offense leads the league with 538 plays of 20 or more yards.

Moore is particularly excited about facing Maclin, his former teammate at Missouri and a first-round pick for Philadelphia last year. Atlanta can't afford many mistakes against an offense that's scored nine touchdowns on 12 possessions in the red zone.

"I know he looks forward to taking me deep and I look forward to playing with him," Moore said. "You know his speed and you've got to respect what he can do."

Thinking ahead to Sunday, Moore stopped smiling. He wants to prove he can handle being a full-time starter, just as DeCoud did as a second-year player last season. Moore missed all but two games as a rookie last season with a hamstring injury.

"Yeah, I'm really hungry," Moore said. "I'm on one of those stages now where I've just got to show it. I've been through a lot the last two years not being able to get on the field, but I'm just focused now on getting better every day. I want to keep improving so I can be an elite safety in this league."
Old 10-14-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the articles. I don't want to say it, but I have a feeling we lose this weekend against the Eagles. I'm starting Kolb over Ryan, I could see him having a field day against our defense.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Have you seen Kolb this season? Hes been awful...
Old 10-14-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I think with all these articles we just jinxed our team. Good pick.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 10-16-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PM me if interested in being the GM of your team in our forum mock!

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=43261
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 04:25 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I've got a bad feeling about this one. We have been getting very lucky so far. This could be ugly.

Quote:
we all hate you