Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-16-2011, 09:48 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft King View Post
I think we take this frustration out on teams next season. I said in my post a few weeks back, as much as I wanted it for us this year, I had a feeling we would be let down. I still remember the Eagles spanking us with Kolb at QB, if we can't defend them I didn't see us winning a SB. I honestly believe we are one of the top contenders for it next season.
yeah this team didn't have that special quality to make me believe it was a championship caliber team but yesterday was a flat out disaster. to have the entire nation outside of atlanta talking **** about us and disrespecting our home field advantage, you'd think there would've been a much better product out there on the field yesterday. that was a very embarrassing performance and even if we get 13 wins next year, we still won't have respect because of the shellacking we took last night. and i see the falcons being top 4 in the nfc but definitely not a top contender to win the superbowl. there are the usual afc teams that are always in the thick of things, and a healthy packers team is an obvious lock for the nfc. could you imagine how much worse it would have been last night with a healthy jermichael finley, ryan grant, nick barnett, brandon chillar, and mark tauscher?

and atl is dead on about our draft. we need playmakers to push us into the cream of the crop in the nfl. but playmakers rarely stay in college for four years and get a 3.5 GPA.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What? He wasn't a team captain? He'll obviously mess up the "locker room" and break the unity that led us to being ******* destroyed in the playoffs. **** you Thomas and your need for clean players. Have some ******* balls man.
Old 01-17-2011, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We really need more aggressive coaching. I would love a Defensive coordinator with some fire. A guy that will get into the players faces and let them know when they are not doing their job. BVG looks scared a lot of times.

If Matt Ryan doesn't improve it will be hard to watch this team next season. He really has some major holes in his game. Throwing the deep ball has been a problem all year. Most of all, his decision making hasn't been all there. Guys will be wide open but he doesn't see them. Those interceptions he threw in the first half was both MAJOR faults of his and MM didn't have anything to do with that. Plays were nicely designed, especially that pass to Jenkins.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 07:41 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post

If Matt Ryan doesn't improve it will be hard to watch this team next season. He really has some major holes in his game. Throwing the deep ball has been a problem all year. Most of all, his decision making hasn't been all there. Guys will be wide open but he doesn't see them. Those interceptions he threw in the first half was both MAJOR faults of his and MM didn't have anything to do with that. Plays were nicely designed, especially that pass to Jenkins.

The only true hole in Matt's game is the deep ball. He doesn't have the strongest arm. The INT in the endzone wasn't entirely on him, and the one before the half, while absolutely atrocious, how many ******* times have we seen that play? I'm not at all surprised a ball hawk like Tramon was all over that ****. But yes, he does need to continue to improve.

For all the love Turner gets, he's not THAT good. His speed has gone completely down the tube. Watch some 08 clips, or some clips with the Chargers. He used to be able to move. Not anymore. Now he's just the by product of being behind a good line and being big enough to fall forward. Other than that, he just doesn't fumble much and gets the ball a lot. Therefore, we are going to need Matt to be able to make more big plays. However, that's not going to be easy if you've got the offensive coordinator calling the same ******* plays that aren't getting you jack **** in terms of YAC.

We would have been so much better off had we hired Rex Ryan. Now I'm got to listen to Mike Smith tell me we have the best coaching staff in the NFL. Shut the **** up Mike, you soft defensive loving **** sucker.
Old 01-17-2011, 09:20 AM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We really need more aggressive coaching. I would love a Defensive coordinator with some fire. A guy that will get into the players faces and let them know when they are not doing their job. BVG looks scared a lot of times.

Disagree, Matt was just fine this year other than that playoff game. And even then other than that one Tramon pick-6 (which was a terrible, terrible decision) he didn't look too bad. Michael Jenkins is hot trash, Roddy would have gone up and made that catch in the endzone, Jenkins slipped and fell on his ass. That I thought, was one of the major turning points in the game. We could have gone into half with a lead, and we just ****** it up. Guarantee you next season Ryan will continue to grow. I expect something like 30 TD passes, 10 picks, 4100 yards, unless Mularkey continues to be a dumbass. I agree about Michael Turner by the way, not as explosive as he used to be. Turner is fine, but we really need a scat back that will stay healthy.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:23 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On that pick to Jenkins you can't blame him at all. He really beat his man and was open for about 20 yards before Matt Ryan threw the ball. The CB should have never even been close when that ball reached Jenkins.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-17-2011, 12:27 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On that pick to Jenkins you can't blame him at all. He really beat his man and was open for about 20 yards before Matt Ryan threw the ball. The CB should have never even been close when that ball reached Jenkins.
yeah and i'd give the benefit of the doubt to jenkins that he would've grabbed that ball with his height advantage if he hadn't slipped.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 12:32 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I underestimated how good John Abraham is. It's not his fault Rodgers was spinning out of everything that night.

The scary thing though is how long can you rely on him? He's no spring chicken. You need another pass rusher badly.

And a CB, but I don't see that happening. Mike Smith is a Cover 2 guy, he's going to run that coverage shell and follow the Bear's approach to defense. Building that front 7.

It's going to work, I think you just need another pass rusher. Give Spoon the keys next year, draft a pass rusher and a WR, which I think is very doable and you'll be ok.

The Falcons just got beat by a better team, that's all. Let's be honest, teh team wasn't that great. You still need some playmakers to be elite.
Old 01-17-2011, 12:52 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't know where this team would be without John Abraham. The starting CBs are pretty good right now, a nickel is a need though. Our linebackers can't cover for ****.

Spoon has been a bit of a disappointment this year, but he did get hurt so we're not sure if that had much to do with it.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-17-2011, 01:12 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I underestimated how good John Abraham is. It's not his fault Rodgers was spinning out of everything that night.

The scary thing though is how long can you rely on him? He's no spring chicken. You need another pass rusher badly.

And a CB, but I don't see that happening. Mike Smith is a Cover 2 guy, he's going to run that coverage shell and follow the Bear's approach to defense. Building that front 7.

It's going to work, I think you just need another pass rusher. Give Spoon the keys next year, draft a pass rusher and a WR, which I think is very doable and you'll be ok.

The Falcons just got beat by a better team, that's all. Let's be honest, teh team wasn't that great. You still need some playmakers to be elite.

Yeah, he's really really good. Only problem is if he's getting beat by a double, no one else has shown the ability to exploit it. Babineaux is a very good player himself, but he's more of a quick penetrating disrupter than a constant pressure player.

Spoon needs to get a lot better. He was disappointing after a strong start to his career. He really didn't play coverage as well as I was expecting.

Pass rusher and WR/Scat back, couldn't agree more.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Specifically, you guys need a slot WR. That is the biggest missing link to that offense. Your 3 WR set is garbage bc you don't have a slot guy worth a damn.

If you get the prototypical small shifty slot WR who can work well in space, this offense will take 5 steps forward.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Specifically, you guys need a slot WR. That is the biggest missing link to that offense. Your 3 WR set is garbage bc you don't have a slot guy worth a damn.

If you get the prototypical small shifty slot WR who can work well in space, this offense will take 5 steps forward.

He's the guy. A RB who can catch or someone like him would be perfect for the defense.

And on being like the Bears, I have no problem with the Bears Cover 2. But watch how their corners played the Seahawks. Watch how we played the Packers.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

There were some crazy things going on versus the packers. I have seen Brent Grimes play zone and 7 yards back but on the other side Dunta Robinson was playing man and jamming the WR. Not sure if that should happen on the same play.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-17-2011, 01:45 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I wonder if you even need to invest a high pick on a slot guy? The Danny Amendola's of the world are still going in the 5th round and later.

And that's exactly the kind of player you need. You don't need a stud, you just need a shifty smart quick slot guy with reliable hands.
Old 01-17-2011, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
I wonder if you even need to invest a high pick on a slot guy? The Danny Amendola's of the world are still going in the 5th round and later.

And that's exactly the kind of player you need. You don't need a stud, you just need a shifty smart quick slot guy with reliable hands.
We also need an OC who knows how to use the slot guy properly and get YAC.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-17-2011, 02:42 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:

We really need someone who can be a big play guy right away. We've got Jenkins who sucks and is capable of running maybe 2 routes, HD who is awful, Finn who is nothing, and Tony Gonzalez, who we'd probably be better off if he retired.

And yes, we desperately need to diversify on offense. Matt Ryan is someone who we should have dominating in the short/mid passing game due to his accuracy, ability to take a hit/continue a play, but instead, we get the same thing over and over. Long developing out routes. Over and over again.

I pray that we just lack the personnel to do some of this stuff and this isn't what we are stuck with. Pray. Even in my continued immense frustration, I have faith that Thomas Dimitroff can diagnose and attack needs.

Edit: Someone like Jeff Maehl would be a great fit too, and he'd go a bit later.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:06 AM    (permalink
callmejohn

I know it's contrary to Mike Smith's tendencies, but I'd really like to see us move to a 3-4 scheme. The Steelers, Ravens, Jets: some of the best defenses in the league, all of which play the 3-4.
Old 01-18-2011, 07:19 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmejohn View Post
I know it's contrary to Mike Smith's tendencies, but I'd really like to see us move to a 3-4 scheme. The Steelers, Ravens, Jets: some of the best defenses in the league, all of which play the 3-4.
We'd pretty much have to rebuild our defense from scratch. We don't have more than a piece or 2 for the 34.
Old 01-18-2011, 09:21 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

http://www.790thezone.com/instantrep....aspx?PID=1345

It sounds like he gets it as I thought he would... let's see if he follows through. I'm not going to get overly excited because there are a lot of outside factors, but it really seems like he's willing to be active, especially in Free Agency. Could you imagine someone like Vincent Jackson as our big #2 instead of Jenkins?
Old 01-18-2011, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Moving to a 3-4 right now would be a disaster.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-18-2011, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post

It sounds like he gets it as I thought he would... let's see if he follows through. I'm not going to get overly excited because there are a lot of outside factors, but it really seems like he's willing to be active, especially in Free Agency. Could you imagine someone like Vincent Jackson as our big #2 instead of Jenkins?
Love T.D. He is my teammates uncle.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:29 PM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Moving to a 3-4 right now would be a disaster.
Definitely. Anderson might have a role, and I think our LB corps would fit in OK, but our two best players on D (Abe and Babs) would be neutralised.

I wonder if we'd be willing to add an impact DL in free agency. I'm not sure if any are available. Ray Edwards is OK, but I think he's partially a product of his line-mates. Just wish there were another Peppers out there... I think Blank is willing to bring in one more big gun.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

We saw how our team performed while rushing 3 guys, and when we put 3 on the line and blitzed, our linebackers were never able to get a sack. Abraham is the only person who can sack the QB for us and in a 3-4 he won't have a position.

I would love for the Falcons to get V Jax or whatever you guys call him, but it will take a miracle to fix our terrible defense that we had for years.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-18-2011, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:

While the Mike Smith conference will bring you down and make you think we won't do anything in the off-season, you have to think he's the coach and his role is to coach no matter who we put on the roster and make the players believe he's confident all the time.

I love TD because so far whatever he said he has done and he is really honest, unlike a lot of GMs. I'm really loving what he saying right now that we need more explosiveness, which is what we have been asking for this whole year.

Yea I really think he reads my posts and enjoys them. Probably wishes he knew me too.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-18-2011, 09:12 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
The only true hole in Matt's game is the deep ball. He doesn't have the strongest arm. The INT in the endzone wasn't entirely on him, and the one before the half, while absolutely atrocious, how many ******* times have we seen that play? I'm not at all surprised a ball hawk like Tramon was all over that ****. But yes, he does need to continue to improve.

For all the love Turner gets, he's not THAT good. His speed has gone completely down the tube. Watch some 08 clips, or some clips with the Chargers. He used to be able to move. Not anymore. Now he's just the by product of being behind a good line and being big enough to fall forward. Other than that, he just doesn't fumble much and gets the ball a lot. Therefore, we are going to need Matt to be able to make more big plays. However, that's not going to be easy if you've got the offensive coordinator calling the same ******* plays that aren't getting you jack **** in terms of YAC.

We would have been so much better off had we hired Rex Ryan. Now I'm got to listen to Mike Smith tell me we have the best coaching staff in the NFL. Shut the **** up Mike, you soft defensive loving **** sucker.

I think that comes from Turner never really being 100% this season he never
quite fully healed from that groin injury...He did show burst here and there
this season but like you said it was nothing like the magical season he had in
08...We really need to a scat back in our back field to change the dynamic
Turner & Snelling was a okay backfield tandem but nothing was all that
different between the two only thing that was different was Snelling could
catch out of the backfield and was a okay 3rd down blocking back....And I
would be shocked if we resigned Noorwood
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote