Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-28-2011, 11:44 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ATL, even with Titus performign well I dont think ppl will go nuts will it, I remember Clay doing great and he was still bottom of the first and Titus is a Clay, but ya I see him going middle of round 2 so we will be close. Id be fine w/ Jernigan or Hankerson as well.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:46 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
We really just need a nickel. I wouldn't like another tiny DB myself, but if he can cover nice and blitz I would be all for it, doesn't matter how big he is. I doubt we take a CB before round 5 though.
Being a Gator fan, Ive watched Black his whole career, guy can flat out play, sure hes not a huge guy, but he is in no way a Grimes type player, He loves contact and can bring some punch, great fundamental tackler w/ great ball skills.

How many times did our nickel just whiff on a sack? Or not make an athletic play on the ball, I also dont want a nickel, but hes a solid player who would be an improvement on what we got.
Old 01-28-2011, 11:48 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
just a dream but somewhat reasonable draft...

1. Cameron Jordan DE ---doubt he falls past 15
2. Titus Young WR---people raving on him to be next DeSean
3. Ahmad Black---Nickel/ST
4. Derrick Locke RB

also thought bout trading back into the 3nd for a guy like Demarco Murry
hahah I was rushing inbetween classes and Im trying to do my accounting HW and eat lunch at the same time and all of a sudden I get this text about a dream draft.

Awesome Dunagan.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 12:17 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
ATL, even with Titus performign well I dont think ppl will go nuts will it, I remember Clay doing great and he was still bottom of the first and Titus is a Clay, but ya I see him going middle of round 2 so we will be close. Id be fine w/ Jernigan or Hankerson as well.
Hell, I wouldn't be surprised to see us pick him round 1. Just watch. He's going to make a big play in the Senior Bowl, and run a low 4.3. With people like Blackmon not declaring. I really think one of he or Jernigan is just going to explode onto the scene and go higher than anyone is expecting. And my boy Murray is tearing **** up. We probably won't get him either.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really think we have something of a Jernigan in Eric Weems but we don't use him on offense which is dumb. If you want to make explosive plays, why not put the most explosive guy on the field?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-29-2011, 01:21 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I really think we have something of a Jernigan in Eric Weems but we don't use him on offense which is dumb. If you want to make explosive plays, why not put the most explosive guy on the field?
Ya I really like Weems the few times he got the ball, 2 seasons ago we actually threw to him some, not sure why he didnt see more plays on offense, hes better than freakin HD imo.
Old 01-29-2011, 01:22 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

anyone else noticing posts not going up?

edit: nvm
Old 01-29-2011, 01:26 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

No I did not know that. Mine are going up though.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-29-2011, 07:20 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd have to imagine if Weems was capable as a WR he would have gotten his shot.
Old 01-29-2011, 11:31 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
I'd have to imagine if Weems was capable as a WR he would have gotten his shot.
I'm sure he's more capable then HD. Mularkey was just being a ***** and didn't know how to use Weems. He had a very nice play against the panthers.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-29-2011, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leonard Hankerson, the WR from Miami, looked absolutely fantastic during the entire Senior Bowl process. Other than one drop in today's game, he played nearly perfect. He may not drop to our 2nd round pick anymore, but I honestly believe he will be the steal of the draft if he does get picked in the late 2nd area.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 09:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't think our FO is as high on him. He did have a great game today, but he struggled a bit with dropped balls in practice and dropped one today as well. I don't think we like his character anyway.

Either way I think TD is more focused on bringing an explosive type of WR ala Titus Young and Jerell Jernigan.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-29-2011, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Danny Amendola is a free agent this year. He will probably re-sign with the Rams, but he is the perfect fit for what we are looking for. Maybe be really costly though.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-30-2011, 01:28 AM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He won't warrent anything more than a mid-level contract, but he's not exactly what we need. He would help, being a guy who can take pressure off of Roddy and TG, but we need players who can create. Amendola would assist in sustaining our current identity on offense, but he doesn't make big plays.

When we decide to upgrade the slot position, I hope the step-in has playmaking ability.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 03:50 AM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

If I'm a betting man I still think Torrey Smith has more potential than anyone else who could be available at 27.I don't expect any of the def ends to be available and unless someone slides Smith is as good a prospect as any particularly at 27. Titus Young had a great week at the Senior Bowl but I thnik Smith is a better prospect.He has the size and speed to make a difference.

There won't be alot available in free agency at def end and overpaying for players who might not be much better than Biermann do you take that risk. Was Edwards a product of the system in Minnesota? I think the Falcon's sign a vet corner and draft a receiver round 1 since TD even said he was looking for explosive players. I would like to draft defense but if there aren't any players worth the pick why overdraft? Could TD trade up for a Ryan Kerrigan type? It will at least cost the 27 and 2nd round maybe more.

Gonzo is coming back thus no need to use the no1 on a tight end. Off line I don't see any changes other than Blalock probably won't be back and maybe Dahl. Johnson and Hawley are waiting in the wings and maybe Dahl is resigned along with Clabo. Are there any linebackers or corners worth the 27? Unless someone slides like Harris maybe williams why use the 27th pick on a questionable corner. I think a speed back could be had in the 3rd which would give defenses another thing to worry about.
Falconguru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:35 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

You've got to like what you've seen from Torrey Smith, but he's not a hands catcher at all, and that scares me.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.Falconguru could make a wolverine purr.

Ruling out a player because he has some flaws doesn't make sense. The Falcon's may have never drafted Roddy had they used the criteria. Smith's production is outstanding and he isn't a finsished product. I think regardless who drafts him he is going to do very well in the NFL. I'm anxious to see how he works out at the Indy combine. He'll probably be the talk of the receivers because of his speed.

Outside of Smith what other players could become star players at 27 or after? Roddy Hudson? I doubt the Falcon's use a 1st on a guard.Mclure is getting older but there are no Mangold's at center this year. I really like Rudolph at tight end but Gonzo is coming back for another year and while grooming a tight end is important I dobut tight end will be the 1st pick of the Falcon's. Def ends I already mentioned probably will be gone come the Falcon's pick. Allen Bailey looks like a tweener and would take a few yrs to develop.Most edge rushers that are good jhave great speed from the outside,Bailey sin't one of them. Linebackers who at 27?

If you go down the list the receivers look to be probably the best bang for the buck. I'll be satisfied whoever TD takes and the main thing is we need playmakers who can ultimately make a difference on offense or defense.
Old 01-30-2011, 03:53 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rodney Hudson isn't a first round value, neither is Rudolph at TE.

I agree with your overall sentiment, though.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:58 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falconguru View Post
Ruling out a player because he has some flaws doesn't make sense. The Falcon's may have never drafted Roddy had they used the criteria. Smith's production is outstanding and he isn't a finsished product. I think regardless who drafts him he is going to do very well in the NFL. I'm anxious to see how he works out at the Indy combine. He'll probably be the talk of the receivers because of his speed.

Outside of Smith what other players could become star players at 27 or after? Roddy Hudson? I doubt the Falcon's use a 1st on a guard.Mclure is getting older but there are no Mangold's at center this year. I really like Rudolph at tight end but Gonzo is coming back for another year and while grooming a tight end is important I dobut tight end will be the 1st pick of the Falcon's. Def ends I already mentioned probably will be gone come the Falcon's pick. Allen Bailey looks like a tweener and would take a few yrs to develop.Most edge rushers that are good jhave great speed from the outside,Bailey sin't one of them. Linebackers who at 27?

If you go down the list the receivers look to be probably the best bang for the buck. I'll be satisfied whoever TD takes and the main thing is we need playmakers who can ultimately make a difference on offense or defense.
I never said that I wasn't interested in Smith, but I could see him going through some struggles early on. Titus Young or Jerrel Jernigan to dominate out of the slot is my choice right now. They are both early 2nd round value at this point, but one of them will be able to slide up to 27 after the combine.
Old 01-30-2011, 05:47 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Roddy White was also someone who caught a lot of balls with his body early in his career and dropped balls often. This year he set the record for the least dropped balls, so that went well. The more I see Torrey Smith, the more I see Roddy, mostly looking at how he runs his routes.

Jonathan Baldwin is a lot like Jenkins. He is very athletic, has great top speed and is an all hands catcher. He does have much higher upside, but he will really need to work on his routes. He doesn't separate himself from the DB, he just catches over them.

I really think we should trade down and get Jernigan or Titus Young if we want a WR. I wouldn't be upset with Baldwin or Smith though.

I don't know if any of you watched the Senior Bowl, but Noel Devine was terrible, but Derrick Locke looked great. I would love to get him in the 3-4 range.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-30-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Damn shame Kerrigan really blew up the Pro Bowl. He would have been a guaranteed selection for us (if we didn't get a FA DE)
Old 01-30-2011, 06:11 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Roddy White was also someone who caught a lot of balls with his body early in his career and dropped balls often. This year he set the record for the least dropped balls, so that went well. The more I see Torrey Smith, the more I see Roddy, mostly looking at how he runs his routes.

Jonathan Baldwin is a lot like Jenkins. He is very athletic, has great top speed and is an all hands catcher. He does have much higher upside, but he will really need to work on his routes. He doesn't separate himself from the DB, he just catches over them.

I really think we should trade down and get Jernigan or Titus Young if we want a WR. I wouldn't be upset with Baldwin or Smith though.

I don't know if any of you watched the Senior Bowl, but Noel Devine was terrible, but Derrick Locke looked great. I would love to get him in the 3-4 range.
Baldwin is head and shoulders better than Jenkins. Or rather, he has the potential to be. Jenkins never had the frame to hold 230+ pounds, and his thin frame is one reason he's always been more effective down the field and outside the numbers.

That said, I don't want Baldwin. Ryan's deep ball just isn't effective enough to utilize Baldwin properly.

Old 01-30-2011, 06:23 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
Baldwin is head and shoulders better than Jenkins. Or rather, he has the potential to be. Jenkins never had the frame to hold 230+ pounds, and his thin frame is one reason he's always been more effective down the field and outside the numbers.

That said, I don't want Baldwin. Ryan's deep ball just isn't effective enough to utilize Baldwin properly.

Bingo. If anyone reminds me of Jenkins, it's Hankerson. Although I like Hank a lot more. We just need a player in the mold of Percy Harvin, and a LE who can give us consistent pressure. Which is why I'd be very wary of drafting Allen Bailey. We really aren't in a position to develop him.

My current flavor is Jernigan/Young in Round 1 and Kiwianuka in FA.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Falconguru
Rookie

Why not draft Smith put him in the slot and in a few yrs Jenkins will be gone and Smith moves to wide out? I like Jernigan or Young but think Smith will have the better career. I think Hankerson as better body control than Jenkins. Jenkins biggest problem is he can't get separation especially in a short distance. He also doesn't adjust well making those acrobatic moves sometimes receivers need to make to catch a erant pass.

Outside of receiver and if no one falls to 27 from the def ends (corners Harris maybe williams) I'm not sure who would be on the radar. Kiwanuka what was the most sacks he as ever had? I don't think its alot and would he be much better than Biermann or whoever plus getting paid alot> I wouldn't want to pay Peppers type money for an under producer but if the price it right bring in a free agent def end. Abe could always get injured and then where will the pass rush be? Also signing a def end free agent could buy the Falcon's another year to find a def end for the future.
Old 01-30-2011, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we draft Hankerson, as much as I love him, because he doesn't add the explosiveness we need. I also don't see us drafting Jon Baldwin though. If you thought Noel Devine had characters issues, Baldwin is much worse.
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote