Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-15-2012, 11:01 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So much for improvement
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any info on Koetter? I'm not going to judge him based on last year and Jacksonville's garbage offensive talent. I heard he likes to get the ball deep.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:12 AM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The one thing that sticks out to me about Koetter is his use of the RB. In his interview he spoke of how the Jags used MJD both in the run and pass game. We have a player he kind of looks like MJD in Jacquizz Rodgers. Maybe he sees an increased role next year. Koetter also stressed that he plans to spread the ball vertically on all three levels, as well as horizontally with four receivers. I'm not as down on this signing as most guys.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:16 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Yeah lots of info, he's never had a decent offense. in the NFL
Old 01-15-2012, 12:13 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We replaced Mike Mularkey with Mike Mularkey.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:23 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
We replaced Mike Mularkey with Mike Mularkey.
Only worse, the dude has never had a top 10 offense in the NFL...I don't get this organization.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:37 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
.I don't get this organization.

I do. They have a thing for conservatism and mediocrity.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dark_knight View Post
Only worse, the dude has never had a top 10 offense in the NFL...I don't get this organization.
Here is the Jacksonville Jaguars offensive ranks from the past couple years.

2007: #7
2008: #20
2009: #18
2010: #15
2011: #32

He had the #7 offense in the NFL in 2007, so you clearly made that part up. Other than the Blaine Gabbert season, he's been fairly average. Obviously Jacksonville has never had the talent on offense that we've had though. It's not the big name people here have been clamouring for but I think he'll surprise some of us. This could just be the hopeless optimist in me though. Very excited to see how he uses Jacquizz Rodgers. In his interviews he really stressed getting the ball vertical and spreading out defenses horizontally.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:42 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
I do. They have a thing for conservatism and mediocrity.
I think he made the best out of the personnel he had in Jacksonville. With David Garrard and Blaine Gabbert at QB you're not going to be able to get too aggressive. I'm much happier with this signing than I would have been with Brian Schottenheimer. Koetter isn't afraid to air the ball out. If we can still come out of this with Nolan or Spags I'd be happy.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:46 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogs View Post
In his interviews he really stressed getting the ball vertical and spreading out defenses horizontally.
Actions, not words.

The Atlanta Faguars.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
Actions, not words.

The Atlanta Faguars.
I think you'll warm up to it. It's hard to act on those words with Blaine Gabbert throwing to Mike Sims-Walker. I trust Dimitroff and honestly think he knows we need to spread defenses out, he wouldn't sign this OC unless he knew that was going to happen. I'm happier with this guy than I am with ultra conservative Mularkey.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
I think you'll warm up to it. It's hard to act on those words with Blaine Gabbert throwing to Mike Sims-Walker. I trust Dimitroff honestly think he knows we need to spread defenses out, he wouldn't sign this OC unless he knew that was going to happen. I'm happier with this guy than I am with ultra conservative Mularkey.

I'll warm up to it if he does what he says, or works like he apparently did in college. Right now, the lack of talent thing is really the only argument to make. Because other than throwing more screens (MJD>Turner), his offense is just like Mularkey's.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Our connections are strong in jacksonville, we only want to stick to signing guys from there.

Sig by: OSUGiants

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Quote:
I'll warm up to it if he does what he says, or works like he apparently did in college. Right now, the lack of talent thing is really the only argument to make. Because other than throwing more screens (MJD>Turner), his offense is just like Mularkey's.
You are right. Pretty much what he preached in interviews he has not proven yet at this level. He did at college, but can he translate that to the NFL. The lack of talent is one of the only things you can point to as to why. It's yet to be seen but I think we improve passing the ball. Also, his screen game and willingness to get the ball into the RB's hand on pass plays leads to believe Jacquizz is going to step up in a big way, Turner will begin to slowly get less and less carries.
Old 01-15-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
MK: You can’t go to a clinic these days without seeing at least a handful of speakers addressing the four vertical pass game. What is it about the scheme that has made it so en-vogue lately?

DK: To me, it’s something that has been around for over 15 years now. Depending on your level of competition, your conference affiliation and the part of the country you live, it’s really not that new. Where I’m at, it’s probably more out of vogue, and done by guys who only truly believe in it. From an offensive coach’s standpoint, you get the ball to your playmakers running down the field vertically. It’s the perfect formula for an explosive play. It’s not like you’re in 22 and you’re throwing quick outs to the outside and stick routes to the inside. You might complete that concept 67 percent of the time, but you’re only getting six yard plays. However, you may complete four verticals 48 percent of the time but you’re getting 18 yard gains, those are the kinds of plays I like better. I don’t like to work hard for four yard gains.
Read more: http://xandolabs.com/2011/07/dirk-ko...#ixzz1jYnVYqEE

That's exciting, at least. We'll see what sort of offense we put out on the field. At least defenses won't have gamefilm on us for the first few games...

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I refuse to warm up to this signing, I hate it.

Let's just hope we get a good DC.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-15-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
I refuse to warm up to this signing, I hate it.

Let's just hope we get a good DC.

Has to be one of Spags/Nolan. I will not stand for anything else.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Has to be one of Spags/Nolan. I will not stand for anything else.
I think we get Jack Del Rio. Seems like a good fit, no?

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-15-2012, 05:32 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

Quote:
Here is the Jacksonville Jaguars offensive ranks from the past couple years.

2007: #7
2008: #20
2009: #18
2010: #15
2011: #32

He had the #7 offense in the NFL in 2007, so you clearly made that part up. Other than the Blaine Gabbert season, he's been fairly average. Obviously Jacksonville has never had the talent on offense that we've had though. It's not the big name people here have been clamouring for but I think he'll surprise some of us. This could just be the hopeless optimist in me though. Very excited to see how he uses Jacquizz Rodgers. In his interviews he really stressed getting the ball vertical and spreading out defenses horizontally.
2007 wasn't his offense I thought, I thought that was the year before he was there, that's where I was mistaken, I didn't make anything up.

Hearing what he's got to say about what he wants to do with the offense sounds well and good, but ugh, I cannot get excited about this, not one little bit.
Old 01-15-2012, 09:19 PM    (permalink
TheFalconsFan
Rookie

TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.TheFalconsFan could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
I think we get Jack Del Rio. Seems like a good fit, no?
It only makes logical sense we're basically the Jaguars of the NFC.
TheFalconsFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 09:55 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a ******* terrible signing, idc what talent you have on offense, he was ******* last in the league, despite having the leading rusher in the NFL, thats ******* pathetic. You're telling me a playoff team 3/4 years, division winner with multiple pro bowlers on offense, we can't get anything better than that in the entire NFLs pool of coaches. You've got to be kidding me. What a ******* joke. Here we go all over again for 3 more years with piss poor mediocre vanilla offense despite the talent we have. Wonderful.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:02 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunagan15 View Post
Here we go all over again for 3 more years with piss poor mediocre vanilla offense despite the talent we have. Wonderful.
Woah, woah, woah. Let's hope if this is the massive failure everyone expects that the house is wiped clean after 2 years.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:37 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Woah, woah, woah. Let's hope if this is the massive failure everyone expects that the house is wiped clean after 2 years.
Ahh damn, youre right. Idk what came over me. Must be that Mulkaryitus going around.
Old 01-15-2012, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dammit don't calm down. We should be livid about this. The good thing, as ATL mentioned, is that the house will be swiped clean in 2 years and then we can finally get some change in here. By then of course, Tony G will be retired, Turner and Roddy will be too old, and we'll a different O-line.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-16-2012, 05:19 AM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dammit don't calm down. We should be livid about this. The good thing, as ATL mentioned, is that the house will be swiped clean in 2 years and then we can finally get some change in here. By then of course, Tony G will be retired, Turner and Roddy will be too old, and we'll a different O-line.
******* depressing. honestly, besides arthur blank, i don't see the right personnel in the important positions for this organization. dimitroff's decisions have been given too much praise when he really hasn't drafted all that well and has not gotten impact FA acquisitions. he gets celebrated mostly for the matt ryan pick when any competent GM would have made the same selection. and mike smith just doesn't have the coaching prowess and ingenuity to lead a team to a superbowl. which wouldn't be a problem if we had shrewd coordinators but of course that hasn't been the case.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote