Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Atlanta Falcons Team Forum

Atlanta Falcons Team Forum Discuss the Falcons

Old 01-03-2014, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Bulldogs
All-Pro

Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bulldogs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiafan View Post
Even if the team is high on Holmes I dont see how can be counted on at the very worst you have to draft or bring someone that you think can push him for a starting spot.
We should definitely draft at least one tackle. Have him compete with Holmes and Baker, the best two of that competition go on to start. We need to get better on both sides of the line, because the talent at the skill positions is there. Roddy and Julio when healthy (which was NEVER in 2013) are as good as any pair in the league. Then you look at the secondary, we know Willy Mo is a stud. Trufant ripped it up as a rookie and should only continue to improve, Alford has all the tools and has shown a ton of promise. Hell, even Decoud looked great in 2012 when we had a somewhat competent pass rush. The talent is there if we can improve a couple things.
Old 01-06-2014, 10:28 AM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love the fact the falcons are coaching in the senior bowl
Old 01-06-2014, 10:48 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I read that the other day. They are coaching the North Team. It can't hurt. It's a great thing for a team looking at this draft to improve at a lot of areas.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 04:02 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll tell you who I don't want, Jake Matthews. Give me a break. I hear the bloodlines but 6'5" 300 pound OTs should not be such premium picks unless they are elite level athletes.

If we go offensive line, Greg Robinson and Cameron Erving are guys I could buy into. Both have a lot of room for improvement due to being new to the OL (Erving) or young (Robinson). Both are also roughly 320.

Another guy who I wouldn't mind looking at is Hageman out of Minnesota. His value isn't top 10 in the draft community but he could easily get to that point or be a surprise pick on draft day.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:58 PM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With Clowney not looking like an option I really hope we can snag Robinson
Old 01-20-2014, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that worries me about Robinson is questions about his pass blocking. He didn't do a ton of that at Auburn.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering how many seniors/captains TD has drafted, I don't expect him to really Buck that trend. I expect Jake Matthews to end up being our pick. TD will want to add protection for Matt Ryan.

I can only hope, if we go with a senior, that we instead take Mack or Hageman.

Old 01-22-2014, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Falcons hired Scott Pioli to be their assistant GM. Interesting choice.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-22-2014, 04:52 PM    (permalink
georgiafan
Pro Bowler

georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.georgiafan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
Falcons hired Scott Pioli to be their assistant GM. Interesting choice.
Thomas D better have a good draft and season now
Old 01-23-2014, 01:17 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

You guys think we will go LB relatively high or bank on Spoon being healthy and the progression of the young guys?

Old 01-23-2014, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I don't see the need for a linebacker. Worrilow had a killer rookie year and Spoon is coming back. DLine and Safety is the real issue on defense.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-23-2014, 02:30 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

I don't think there is any way we make a big play at safety. Although DeCoud has been wretched most of his time here, he had that one pro bowl season. Moore missed a ton of tackles last season but he is still one of our better players.

Old 01-23-2014, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaFalcon59 View Post
I don't think there is any way we make a big play at safety. Although DeCoud has been wretched most of his time here, he had that one pro bowl season. Moore missed a ton of tackles last season but he is still one of our better players.
I agree with you. Safety needs improvement, but I think we are still sticking with our guys.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-23-2014, 03:22 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Believe me, I would like to. Prior to the 2012 draft, I wanted DeCoud replaced more than anybody. That draft murdered us.

Old 01-23-2014, 08:07 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Im sure the sentiment will be scared by many in the coming months, but I would like Aaron Donald at the top of round 2. Add Barr and Donald to our defense and I would be so happy.

Old 01-24-2014, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

I'm a fan for Aaron Donald as well. He reminds me of Geno Atkins. You need a big body next to him to make him effective though.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 01-28-2014, 07:31 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dunagan15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would like to nab Dee Ford at the top of round 2. Reminds me of a quicker Melvin Ingram.
Old 01-28-2014, 07:33 AM    (permalink
dunagan15
Pro Bowler

Also. With Taj Boyd slipping in the draft would it be worth our interest to maybe snag him in the 4th/5th? Our backup QBs are horrid.
Old 01-28-2014, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I was running a team, I'd consider drafting a QB every year. You never know when you'll need a good backup, and if you find a good one the rewards can provide great returns on the invested Draft pick.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 04:18 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

Matt Ryan blows.

Old 01-28-2014, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Matt Ryan is a mediocre QB. He's not even top 15 in the league after this season. He definitely does not deserve the money he got.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-05-2014, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

So Falcons announced that they released Asante and Nicholas.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-15-2014, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Falcons are rumored to be going after Louis Delmas, who was recently cut by Lions. He should be an upgrade over DeCoud.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 02-17-2014, 03:02 PM    (permalink
A1pha
Rookie

A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A1pha is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Loving that rumor. I remember Delmas coming out of college and really loved him as a player. If we could keep him and Moore on the field and healthy with Decoud as a backup, I'd actually feel really good about our defensive backfield.

Love the top 3 corners, and there are a few pets in this draft I like too as special teams/nickle/dime corners
A1pha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2014, 03:49 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Thomas DeCoud will be a $4.8 million cap hit in 2014. Why would we keep him on the team as a backup if we were to sign Louis Delmas?

There are plenty of other holes to fill on defense.

Quote:
we all hate you