Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-07-2008, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Rookie Watch '08

Talk about the rookies and their play as the '08 season take place.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer

Last edited by Flyboy : 09-07-2008 at 09:49 PM.
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:48 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Forte, the machine, 100 yards and a TD in the first half of his first game

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Aqib Talib was burned for a touchdown in the Saints first drive. Well, it wasn't a true burn where he was simply outran.....he thought he could squat on the guy and make a play on the ball, which ended up flying over his head into the receiver's hands for a TD.

Zuttah was serviceable at guard.

Dexter Jackson had tons of trouble staying on his feet, he kept slipping.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:01 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know Brandan Albert played pretty well. So did Sam Baker.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:03 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sedrick Ellis was damned good in his first game. The entire front four consistently applied pressure to Jeff Garcia - with Ellis sometimes getting the attention of two blockers, it's really opened up Charles Grant & Will Smith. If he continues to have the same impact on our defensive line, I'll be thrilled.

Tracy Porter. Thank God for no more Jason David. Some called Porter the best coverage cornerback in the draft and he looked very impressive against the Bucs. I don't think he was on Joey Galloway much (I think that was mostly ***), but he was always in position and had some great pass deflections. If he plays this way with Mike McKenzie coming back, I'm not worried about our secondary.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Old 09-07-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Breaker
Rookie

Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Breaker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Duane Brown got smoked in his first NFL game. For a rookie though, his performance was pretty good, especially against the #1 defense in the NFL. (he gave up like 2 sacks, I know my expectations are pretty low)

After Brown got hurt late in the 3rd, Salaam went in to replace him at LT. In his very first play back, he gave up a sack to Harrison, and was taken out acouple of plays later.

Brown has already ooooover-succeeded our LT from last year, so I consider him way already ahead of schedule.
Breaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Menardo75
All-Pro

Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Menardo75 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Josh Morgan got thrown at a couple times not good ones though no catches. Kentwan Balmer saw a little time was not bad had a pretty solid kick return :)
Menardo75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:31 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lawrence Jackson had one good play in the first quarter where he maintained his assignment and stopped Marshawn Lynch for next to no gain. Other than that he was pretty much invisible out there.

Carlson caught a couple passes and had a false start. Nothing flashy and a rookie mistake.

Red Bryant rotated in and out of the game, he had good penetration on a couple plays but Lynch usually bounced it to the outside or cut back when he did this.
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:32 PM    (permalink
throwback54milkman
Veteran

throwback54milkman needs more cowbell.

Dwight Lowery, Jets starting CB- 3rd round pick from SDSU in case you haven't heard of him was outstanding. I realize he was playing against the Dolphins terrible receivers but he was great! Gholston didn't play much, he was average when he did play. Same with Keller.

^^Sig From Nvot9
J-E-T-S JETS! JETS! JETS!
throwback54milkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Turtlepower
All-Pro

Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Turtlepower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jake Long didn't have as good of a day as other first-round OL. I think BBD is the only other poster on here who agrees with me when we think that Sam Baker will turn out the best OT from this class.

^Bad ass sig by fenikz^

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
I don't have to watch it to know it was not interesting.
Giants, ASU Sun Devils, Yankees
Turtlepower is offline   Reply With Quote
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Ryan: 9/13 for 161 yards and a TD. Threw a perfect pass on his first NFL pass and it went 62 yards for a TD. He wasn't asked to do much with the Falcons run game racking up 318 yards. He showed tremendous potential.

Sam Baker: Was very good. He is a lot better against the run than I thought.

Curtis Lofton: Recorded 2 tackles and 2 assisted tackles. Did a decent job, but could have been better.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by throwback54milkman View Post
Dwight Lowery, Jets starting CB- 3rd round pick from SDSU in case you haven't heard of him was outstanding. I realize he was playing against the Dolphins terrible receivers but he was great! Gholston didn't play much, he was average when he did play. Same with Keller.
He is from SJSU. I really liked him coming out of college (maybe it was because he went to a local university) and I still think he could be an absolute playmaker at FS.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix Jones 1st career carry went for an 11 yard TD run. He was an ankle tackle away from a 60+ yard TD...that one went for 22 yards. Great debut.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:36 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Johnson 93 yards rushing, 34 yards and 1 TD receiving...really looked great and like he can be a starter/Reggie Bush type RB

Felix Jones had 62 yards on 9 carries and a TD, pretty much all when Dallas had the game put away, but still looked real good and like he will be a great NFL back

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-07-2008, 10:38 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Chris Johnson 93 yards rushing, 34 yards and 1 TD receiving...really looked great and like he can be a starter/Reggie Bush type RB
Can CJ run between the tackles? If so, he is a RB, not Reggie Bush. More than likely Westbrook-lite or maybe as good as WB.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:39 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Can CJ run between the tackles? If so, he is a RB, not Reggie Bush. More than likely Westbrook-lite or maybe as good as WB.
yea that's the thing...I didn't really see him play besides the highlights so I don't know if he can, but I think he will at least be able to succeed in the Reggie Bush-position

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 09-07-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Cribbs>Hester
Veteran

Cribbs>Hester needs more cowbell.

Alex Hall actually played decent in his role. He forced two runs back to the inside all for not because our pathetic inside linebackers didn't fill their hole. The 7th round rookie has out played D'Qwell Jackson, Andra Davis, and Leon Williams the last 3 times on the field....that is pathetic and unacceptable for those backers who have been in the league for a few years now.
Cribbs>Hester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:43 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mendenhall looked pretty good for the Steelers. He got a few carries with the starters and looked good, until they started putting 10 in the box against Leftwich.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 10:44 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antoine Cason is getting my love for what he did today. Big props forcing a fumble and he broke up two passes against Muhummad so he did damn well for his first NFL start.

Tolbert (sp?) looks like a real keeper at FB for the chargers too.

Throw up some props for Otah who was a machine in the run game today.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:04 PM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
yea that's the thing...I didn't really see him play besides the highlights so I don't know if he can, but I think he will at least be able to succeed in the Reggie Bush-position
From what I've seen so far, I'd say right now he is half way between Westbrook and Bush in style. Can run between the tackles with success for sure, in fact he sometimes plays like a smaller Marion Barber in how he approaches contact. But he probably won't be a true all rounder until he puts on a little more weight which he inevitably will in the NFL.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:12 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Derrick Harvey picked Vince Young off. That was pretty cool.

And Chris Johnson is a ******* stud.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Antoine Cason had a beastly forced fumble and several other break ups--not sure if he gave up a catch, I was at the game, no TIVO.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:23 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marcus Harrison, 3rd round pick out of Arkansas, was just dominating the LoS tonight.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargerCohen View Post
Antoine Cason had a beastly forced fumble and several other break ups--not sure if he gave up a catch, I was at the game, no TIVO.
He gave up Jarrett's grabs and one of Rosario's but 3 catches for 2 break ups and FF is a fair trade.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Tracy Porter was covering Antonio Bryant most of the game and pretty much shut him down. Couldn't remember who he was covering at the time of my post.