Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 03-01-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jeff Ireland ESPN Radio Interview

With Parcells gone, how does your job change?
It really doesn't change. We go about our busines the same way. We have a blueprint of what we're looking for. It didn't change at all. We know what we've gotta get done.

Lets start with FA, what do you look at for this team and say this is what we really need?
You have to play that close to the vest. We have several needs on this team. There's no secret that OL is a need. We got Gurode done. We're looking at Colombo. Really just the RT position is going to be a need for us. We'll see how that goes.

Some uncertainty with Rivera? How does that affect FA or draft?
We just continue to evaluate the process with Marco. Wade has been in contact with him. We're going to try and find good football playesr. We're going to see where that goes. We've got some depth there - Procter. But obviously we've got to have a contingency in case Rivera doesn't come back.

Do you agree with Parcells that you fill needs in FA and get BPA in the draft?
I think getting your musts done in FA is a good bluepring to follow, but sometimes it doesn't always work that way. Sometimes the players aren't available and you have to go to the draft. We feel like there are some viable players out there for our needs, though, and we'll be players in FA for sure. We have about 2-3 guys that we're targeting. We're still evaulating that process and adding guys to the list off waiver wires.

Patric Ramsey?
Yeah, that's strictly rumor. When he comes through the waiver wire, we'll evaluate that then.

Draft has become such a big business, but as you look at it what are the areas of strength in this draft?
The WR posision is a strong group of guys. When you look across the board there are guys that fit the kinda guys you want on the team. IT's a good draft in the defensive secondary and the defensive line has a good group. I like the depth of the draft his year. There's going to be a lot of holes and needs that will be filled with the draft his year.

Both of your main WRs are aging...take that into consideration?
Not only WR but you have to look at every single position. You ahve to look at wher eyou'll be 2-3 years down the road. We look at every position like that continually. Not only WR, but offensive line and defensive line.

Blaylock -- do you go by best talent available or need?
You'd like to always sya yoou'll draft the BPA, but sometimes that doesn't always work. We don't work on a vertical board -- we work on a horizontal board. You look at players based on where they're in the same area, as in wher ethey'll go in the draft. If you have a guy that is ranked very high and he drops you hav eto look at him.

How much does character come into it, compared to talent?
I think its huge. We take into account in what we're looking for. I've looked at past Super Bowl teams and they typically have a lot of good character players. If you don't have that, teams will start to crumble.

I've criticized going defense, do y'all even think about offense v. defense
[signal cut out] Well, sometimes it just falls where the best player available and the biggest need is a defensive guy. That's just the way it goes.

Is FS one of those positions that you can find in FA or the draft?
I'm going to play my cards close to the vest on that one. Safety is a position where you can find the best guys in the 1st round so if you're looking for a difference maker that's where you'll find them. But if you're looking for a solid player, then maybe you don't take them that high.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 07:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Glad he agrees with me on where to find the Best Safeties! :D
Old 03-01-2007, 08:06 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would he say you find play making safeties on the second day?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 08:18 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Would he say you find play making safeties on the second day?
No, but he did say you find them in Round 1.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:22 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
No, but he did say you find them in Round 1.
The way he says it just makes me laugh

Quote:
Safety is a position where you can find the best guys in the 1st round

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 01:41 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That quote was taken out of context. He said you can find a difference maker in the first round, but you can also find Solid quality guys in later rounds (which you alluded to). The part taken out of context is that he also said that a team would have to question having alot of money tied up in the Safety position makes sense (i.e. Roy Williams and another first round S).

I personally took his comments to mean that he thinks he could get a good solid Safety later.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 04:44 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
That quote was taken out of context. He said you can find a difference maker in the first round, but you can also find Solid quality guys in later rounds (which you alluded to). The part taken out of context is that he also said that a team would have to question having alot of money tied up in the Safety position makes sense (i.e. Roy Williams and another first round S).

I personally took his comments to mean that he thinks he could get a good solid Safety later.
I don't see anywhere where he says the team would question spending money at the Safety position.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:10 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I listened to the interview on 103.3 FM ESPN radio. And that wasn't part of the quote. Hence the reason I said it was taken out of context. The interview was alot longer than the exerpt you printed.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:29 PM    (permalink
robert_in_bigd
Veteran

robert_in_bigd hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Tanard Jackson would be a value safety and Dime Corner if needed.
robert_in_bigd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I listened to the interview on 103.3 FM ESPN radio. And that wasn't part of the quote. Hence the reason I said it was taken out of context. The interview was alot longer than the exerpt you printed.
Ah ok... that explains things more clearly. I always try to keep in mind that some of these things that these guys say at this point could involve some misdirection or posturing, but it's always interesting to see what they have to say.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ireland is an astute football guy. I hope Jerry lets him run the draft and we will be just fine.

I've heard it said Parcells overruled the scouting department on more than one occation, specifically on the RT from USC. How did that work out?
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2007, 03:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think Ireland is an astute football guy. I hope Jerry lets him run the draft and we will be just fine.

I've heard it said Parcells overruled the scouting department on more than one occation, specifically on the RT from USC. How did that work out?
You wanna discredit Parcells' scouting evaluation expertise based off that single case?

Don't put yourself in a situation where I will be forced to make you look stupid.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:31 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
You wanna discredit Parcells' scouting evaluation expertise based off that single case?

Don't put yourself in a situation where I will be forced to make you look stupid.
Personally, I don't think Parcells was a very good judge of OL talent at all; look at the guys he drafted while with us: Johnson, Rogers, Peterman, Pettitti, Whitley, and McQuistan. There is one major similarity with all those picks (other than the fact that they're all white). Nearly all of them are gone and never lived up to their hype.

However, I do think Parcells was a very good evaluator of defensive players and other offensive positions.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888 View Post
Personally, I don't think Parcells was a very good judge of OL talent at all; look at the guys he drafted while with us: Johnson, Rogers, Peterman, Pettitti, Whitley, and McQuistan. There is one major similarity with all those picks (other than the fact that they're all white). Nearly all of them are gone and never lived up to their hype.

However, I do think Parcells was a very good evaluator of defensive players and other offensive positions.
Now that's a better critique. Leave it up to an NFLDC pioneer to show the newer guys how we are used to having good discussions.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think JJJ888 put it well.

There's no question Parcells left this roster in much better shape than when he got here. But he also had some busts, as everyone does.

The point I was making (and you may never be able to prove this because no one would talk on the record) that I've heard Parcells has overruled the scouting department on players during the draft. I heard someone that is associated with the organization say, I believe it was Spagnola on the Ticket, that Rogers was not the only player that happend.

As for Parcells scouting evaluations, he does not spend all of his time scouting talent. The Dallas Cowboys (as does everyone in the NFL) spend huge sums of money to hire people to do this professionally 12 months a year. The point this person was making is that Parcells watched a fraction of the file the "professional" scouts had and forced the Rogers pick over the recommendations of the scouting department.

And don't be a smartass. You couldn't make me look stupid if I had the worst day of my life and you had your best. ;)

Last edited by Macarthur : 03-02-2007 at 04:02 PM.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think JJJ888 put it well.

There's no question Parcells left this roster in much better shape than when he got here. But he also had some busts, as everyone does.

The point I was making (and you may never be able to prove this because no one would talk on the record) that I've heard Parcells has overruled the scouting department on players during the draft. I heard someone that is associated with the organization say, I believe it was Spagnola on the Ticket, that Rogers was not the only player that happend.

As for Parcells scouting evaluations, he does not spend all of his time scouting talent. The Dallas Cowboys (as does everyone in the NFL) spend huge sums of money to hire people to do this professionally 12 months a year. The point this person was making is that Parcells watched a fraction of the file the "professional" scouts had and forced the Rogers pick over the recommendations of the scouting department.

And don't be a smartass. You couldn't make me look stupid if I had the worst day of my life and you had your best. ;)
Basically, you're saying the point that you're trying to make is that Parcells has overruled some selections in the war room. OK. Not much of a point, but ok.

Is that point leading somewhere? What's the significance? Like do you mean to say all of his overruling decisions are bad? Cause if not, then you're point is meaningless once again because it's not much of a point. It's like saying BP has made some good decisions and some bad decisions... who doesn't? What's the significance of that point?

Or do you mean by saying that, that it's a one way street? That BP rules the war room?.... and no matter what others say it's always his final say? Are you saying you don't think it goes both ways? That BP never gets overruled either?

Or are you trying to tell us that BP is the only coach to do something like that around the NFL? Like it's not his right to overrule the scouting dept on occassions? Like it's tyrany! "How dare he! Shh... hey guys, this is top secret...BP overruled picks and not just Jacob Rogers.... ssshhh... I've heard this happens, but no one will leak it... I can't believe Parcells has the nerve!" LMAO!

The way you sound in your post is like BP has this evil overruling presence in the war room that's so secretive that no one wants to divulge info about it. Isn't it common practice? Doesn't it go back and forth? Don't some coaches have more say in some picks and less in others?

I don't know what you're point is... Please, explain.
Old 03-02-2007, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I've heard lots of talk (The Ticket, local sportscasters, newspaper guys, etc.) about how domineering Bill was. No big secret here, but what really seems to jump out to me, if you read between the lines, is how condecending and demeaning he can be. He has been condescending and demeaning to his own assistants. The bottom line is that Bill is a piece of dung as a human being. He likes to rip the media, but certainly doesn't mind getting a media payday when he wants to take a rest from coaching. He's a hypocrite and an a-hole.

As for other coaches, sure I don't doubt that other coaches have done similar things.

Quote:
The way you sound in your post is like BP has this evil overruling presence in the war room that's so secretive that no one wants to divulge info about it. Isn't it common practice? Doesn't it go back and forth? Don't some coaches have more say in some picks and less in others?
I have nothing here but heresay and "read between the lines media reports" but, yes, I think he was a tyrant. He was paranoid and unmaliable.

And let me say this, I think he is very overrated as a coach. He was a missed FG away from not winning one of his SBs. I think he was a very good defensive coach and a pretty good personel guy, and that's about it. I think he rode LT's coat tails a bit, and frankly, got somewhat lucky.

I realize that there's not much fact here, mostly anecdotal, but these are my opionions and I think there's enough info out there on the guy to support my position.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:17 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

I have to disagree with the BP theories. I think he had some busts like any other coaches do. I also think he hit some on the head. And, when we mention BP overruling the scouting department to get someone like Rogers, do we also allow for the possibility that the scouting department suggested players like Johnson, Whitley, Pettiti, etc? I mean if he listened to his scouting department and the draft didn't go well do you STILL blame BP? What about an overrule that BP did that worked out? Do we know if he overruled the scouting department to draft Ware? What about Witten?

You see, that's the problem with listening to the ticket (Who btw have a VERY anti BP bias, and always have) or to reading the DMN or whatever. You never know the truth.

As for BP being condescending to the media and a hippocrite...Did you watch his press conferences? He was always available for questions and he is one of the few coaches that didn't give just 'coachspeak' answers. He actually gave insight to why he did what he did. Did he get aggravated at the media that was trying start melodrama and not talk about actual football? Of course, but then again, he should have.

The bottom line is that it's impossible to 'score' how many he got right or how many he got wrong. You can only 'score' the organization as a whole, you can't 'score' Jerry Jones or BP or the scouting department without all the facts.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Old 03-02-2007, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I think your points are valid. Unless someone went public, it would be virtually impossible to determine what picks were "Bill's picks" and which one's were not. As I said, much of my thoughts are some reading between the lines based on what I've heard and read.

I was as happy as anyone when he came here, but I just can't defend the guy. He treats people badly; not just the media. There is no way you can defend that aspect.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think your points are valid. Unless someone went public, it would be virtually impossible to determine what picks were "Bill's picks" and which one's were not. As I said, much of my thoughts are some reading between the lines based on what I've heard and read.

I was as happy as anyone when he came here, but I just can't defend the guy. He treats people badly; not just the media. There is no way you can defend that aspect.
You sound like the kind of person that just reads what you want to read. Believes what you want to believe. You'll justify your point of view without fact, but mere hearsay and what ifs... without taking into account the whole picture, actual circumstances or factors involved.

If BP was such a tyrant, why did Jerry want him back? Why does he maintain good relationships with his former coaches? Why do players respect him so much? Why does the media respect him so much?

You hate the guy as if he did something personal against you, yet don't have facts to justify your feelings. He turned our franchise around and you should be grateful for the shape our team is in. Despite his expectations to win now, he did not ever have a "win now" team. Instead, he built a team with the potential to have long term success and because he was so good at it, he raised the expectations from everyone around and like spoiled little children who only want more and more and don't get what they want, they cry... they fuss... they say I hate you... Logic is thrown from the window and they only see what they want to see.

Parcells has never gotten fired. He's never left the team in worst shape than when he got it. He always did better than his predecesor and what he did for the Cowboys is what he's always done.... from turning the team around, to acquiring and developing young talented players, to finding and developing successful coaches, to restoring respect back to a franchise who lost it.

Anybody who can't respect that doesn't deserve an opinion.
Old 03-02-2007, 07:58 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
You sound like the kind of person that just reads what you want to read. Believes what you want to believe. You'll justify your point of view without fact, but mere hearsay and what ifs... without taking into account the whole picture, actual circumstances or factors involved.
So what justification do you have for him to treat everyone around him like crap?

Quote:
If BP was such a tyrant, why did Jerry want him back?
Because he didn't want to go through the process. The devil you know is better than the devil you don't.

Quote:
Why does he maintain good relationships with his former coaches?
Some he does and some he does not.

Quote:
Why do players respect him so much?
Some do; some do not. I did say he was a great defensive coach. I just think he lost his fire. Plus, he's an a-hole. I can live with the a-hole part if you're winning.

Quote:
Why does the media respect him so much?
That's a good question. I think they're somewhat afraid of him. They're intimidated and he built a reputation with his pals in the NY media and that carries weight.

Quote:
You hate the guy as if he did something personal against you, yet don't have facts to justify your feelings.
There are facts. I've told you Spagnola made comments about his treatment of people at the ranch. The media throughout the metroplex has cited examples of this troughout his time here. As I said, that's all well and good if you are winning.

Quote:
He turned our franchise around and you should be grateful for the shape our team is in.
I've already said this.

Quote:
Despite his expectations to win now, he did not ever have a "win now" team. Instead, he built a team with the potential to have long term success and because he was so good at it, he raised the expectations from everyone around and like spoiled little children who only want more and more and don't get what they want, they cry... they fuss... they say I hate you...
I've already said the team is in better shape than when he came. I just expect more from the coach of the Dallas Cowboys.

Quote:
Logic is thrown from the window and they only see what they want to see.
So it's too much to ask the guy to be a decent human being?

Quote:
Parcells has never gotten fired. He's never left the team in worst shape than when he got it. He always did better than his predecesor and what he did for the Cowboys is what he's always done.... from turning the team around, to acquiring and developing young talented players, to finding and developing successful coaches, to restoring respect back to a franchise who lost it.
So did his teams in Dallas under or over achieve?

I would argue his first year they overachieved, but ever since, they have underachieved.

Quote:
Anybody who can't respect that doesn't deserve an opinion.
Again, I have pretty high expectations for the coach of the Best franchise in teh NFL and arguably all of professional sports.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Who are you referring to about people he's treated like crap? He's a hard core coach and that's apart of what's made him successful. If you're not performing on the field or not doing your job right, why should he coat criticism with roses? Same goes to the media when they try to manipulate him into getting a sound bite. Don't be so naive as to think that they don't do that. The Media aren't exactly the most respectable people out there. Their job is to make news.

Don't tell me Jerry wanted BP because he wanted to avoid the process and some other baloney. ...and your some do, some don't excuse about players and coaches respecting him falls heavily in my favor as the majority of them are on the respect side... The only guys that don't respect him are the guys that can't live up to his expectations that he has for them.

Don't tell me the NY Media carries all his weight. They ripped him for becoming coach of the Cowboys.

Year 1 - Overachieved
Year 2 - Overachieved... Are you kidding me? Do you remember that roster?
Year 3 - Neither underachieved or overachieved.
Year 4 - Between Bledsoe and an undrafted FA QB... I'd say we overachieved.

What absolutely kills me is the way you say... "I just expect more from the coach of the Dallas Cowboys." and "Again, I have pretty high expectations for the coach of the Best franchise in teh NFL and arguably all of professional sports."

That is exactly the type of spoiled little child mentality that I spoke of in my previous post. One day when you grow up, you'll understand what I'm talking about.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:06 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Who are you referring to about people he's treated like crap? He's a hard core coach and that's apart of what's made him successful. If you're not performing on the field or not doing your job right, why should he coat criticism with roses? Same goes to the media when they try to manipulate him into getting a sound bite. Don't be so naive as to think that they don't do that. The Media aren't exactly the most respectable people out there. Their job is to make news.
He's a jerk. Being a hard coach is one thing; being a jerk is another.

Quote:
Don't tell me Jerry wanted BP because he wanted to avoid the process and some other baloney. ...and your some do, some don't excuse about players and coaches respecting him falls heavily in my favor as the majority of them are on the respect side... The only guys that don't respect him are the guys that can't live up to his expectations that he has for them.
Again, I don't have a problem with an "old school coach".

Quote:
Don't tell me the NY Media carries all his weight. They ripped him for becoming coach of the Cowboys.
He has a core group of that NY media that are his race track buddies and they are thick as theives.

Quote:
Year 1 - Overachieved
agree

Quote:
Year 2 - Overachieved... Are you kidding me? Do you remember that roster?
6-10 is overacheiving?

Quote:
Year 3 - Neither underachieved or overachieved.
I could agree with that although I thought they finished very weak getting blown out by Wash and losing at home to St. Louis.

Quote:
Year 4 - Between Bledsoe and an undrafted FA QB... I'd say we overachieved.
This team wilted again at the end of the season for the third year in a row. I don't buy the Romo is rookie FA stuff. He had a great year and was not the reason they floundered. The defense is supposed to be Bill's specialty and he stiffled the defense. This team grossly underachieved this year.

Quote:
What absolutely kills me is the way you say... "I just expect more from the coach of the Dallas Cowboys." and "Again, I have pretty high expectations for the coach of the Best franchise in teh NFL and arguably all of professional sports."

That is exactly the type of spoiled little child mentality that I spoke of in my previous post. One day when you grow up, you'll understand what I'm talking about.
I am neither a child nor spoiled. You, sir, have made these post personal and you've come across as a pompus ass. Just because you have 16,000 posts does not make you the supreme being of football.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Only thing I care to reply on there is:

1. 6-10 in year 2 is overachieving when you have Quincy Carter's sudden dismissal, Vinny Testaverde as your starting QB, Julius Jones late season appearance, Terry Glenn going down for the season, only half your DL is NFL caliber, old LBs, and a secondary of Pete Hunter, Lynn Scott, Tony Dixon and Lance Frazier.

2. Year 4 - If not for Tony Romo coming to the rescue our season wasn't looking good under Bledsoe. What Parcells did by benching Drew was something that a lot of people didn't want, including myself. I thought it was giving up on the season. We really started clicking until Ellis went down. But overall, I think we overachieved considering we dumped our starting QB... and usually teams don't fare well with new QBs stepping in.

3. I'm sorry.
Old 03-02-2007, 09:37 PM    (permalink
BX
Veteran

BX hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As far as Parcell's attitude goes, he's an Army guy. I think that explains a lot.