Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 09-08-2008, 02:09 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking Week 1: vs Broncos

vs

GO RAIDERS
Old 09-08-2008, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^hahaha

I'm pretty confident in our run game and pass D so the keys for us should be protecting JR and stopping the run. If we can do those two things even remotely well we should come out on top. I can't wait to see Fargas, DMC, and Bush leave the Donkey's in their dust.
Stash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 05:17 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

17-13 Raiders win is my prediction. I say Russell goes 13-22 for 130 and 1 td, McFadden goes 13 rushes for 75 yards and 1 td, Fargas 10 rushes for 45 yards and Bush goes 6 rushes for 17 yards.

Is Walker still questionable to play? Without him today, we dont have a number1 WR

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 10:09 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

non-existent pass rush: check
Old 09-08-2008, 10:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah if there was a pass rush then taht secondary would destroy. Right now its just roll out wait and throw the ball for a big gain. Or PA roll out wait and throw.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:13 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What I have noticed: NO PASS RUSH BY US AT ALL. Running game for us is doing fine. Run defence is doing better than last year so far. We are getting killed by Royal and their TE's. Curry need to grow some hands( even though Russell's pass wasnt the greatest, if it hits you in the hands you should catch it). We stopped them in the red zone... thats good news I guess.

We have to stop the big plays against Denver, thats what is really hurting us

My Raiders Mock

Old 09-08-2008, 10:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Can we just punt the ball on 3rd down?

My Raiders Mock

Old 09-08-2008, 10:22 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

Can we just fire Rob Ryan already please.
Old 09-08-2008, 10:41 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by doingthisinsteadofwork View Post
Can we just fire Rob Ryan already please.
Wont be done. I say Kiffen will be gone soon and Ryan will get one more chance as head coach for the rest of the season

My Raiders Mock

Old 09-08-2008, 10:52 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

If firing Ryan means replacing the entire d-line...then I'm all for it.
Old 09-08-2008, 11:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Enjoy your last half of football with a team forum boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:14 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How do we blitz on every play in the preseason but not do it once when we haven't gotten any pressure on Cutler? Makes no sense whatsoever.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 12:26 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Kiffin needs to pratice the shot out of this team. This performance was really bad. The defence was horrible. Couldnt stop the pass and the run. Offence was so so. Russell missed 3 wide open deep passes that could have effected the game in a big way. He still did a half assed job though. McFadden looked good even though he was "hurt" in the 3rd. Fargas looked nice. Didnt see any of Bush which is a surprise to me. We missed Walker alot. We need dline help badly. No pressure on the QB will kill us all season.

My Raiders Mock

Old 09-09-2008, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though we got completely destroyed; Russell, Fargas, McFadden, and Miller all looked pretty good. The run blocking was decent while the pass protection was better than expected. Everything else was ****. I don't think we recorded a single pressure or knockdown on Cutler all night and he just diced up Hall.

Al Davis needs to die, Rob Ryan needs to be jobless, and Cornell Green should be taken out into the parking lot and shot in the kneecaps.

Last edited by Stash : 09-09-2008 at 12:30 AM.
Old 09-09-2008, 12:36 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

If Kiffen is gone at the end of the year, Davis needs to sign a hard nosed, defencive coach. Enough of this 30 year old offencive coaches, they worked in the 70's and 80's Davis but its 2008. Die allready please.

I really hope we resign Aso. If we lose him, our secondary will be horrible. We need to sign or draft a great DE. Pressure defense will be key for us in the future.

My Raiders Mock

Old 09-09-2008, 12:59 AM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.doingthisinsteadofwork could make a wolverine purr.

I dont think Kiffin or any other Offensive coach is the problem.Furthermore Gruden was an offensive coach.
The problem or at least the main problem is clearly Al Davis.Nobody wants to come to Oakland other than some guys who were once stars or overated players who are offered alot of money.HC's don't want to come here because they know its Al whos in control.
Kiffin wants to fire Ryan Al puts his foot down on that.We keep players like Sam Williams and Hiram Eugene because they're on the Al Davis scholarship.Kiffin was given a crappy roster and a crappy DC and isnt allowed to make the decisions.Theres no reason to blame him just blame Al.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

I don't think Kiffin is the problem either, but Al will probably fire him anyway because he's an idiot. The way Davis backed Rob Ryan this offseason would lead me to believe he would be next in line. That and the fact that nobody else will want the job.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:37 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

This team is going nowhere as long as Al is alive.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:01 PM    (permalink
Komp
Veteran

Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.Komp is so money.

Yep no pressure on the QB puts our secondary in trouble, but there is no excuse on 70 yd passes to TE's. None, zero. This secondary needs to pick themselves up off the ground, they are the most talented in the league and they were getting killed by an average receiving corps.

If the offense completes one or two of those long passes and gets the good end of a couple questionable calls [the goal line PI on Miller comes to mind] this game would have been closer, but until Hall remembers how to cover WR's we are going to be in trouble.

And I also agree with everyone's comments above, you have to generate some type of pass rush, and Rob Ryan's refusal to do so cost us a couple games last year. They have to start blitzing if they want to be even close to a .500 team.

Sig by fenikz! Cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Mr. Dukes comes from the Michael Irvin "talk loud and maybe people will think I know what I am talking about" school of football analysis.
Komp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 07:45 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

deangelo fall can you please check royal at the l.o.s.? OMFG, get in his face. If receivers have a free release and the QB has all day, we're done. I hate Rob Ryan. With our DBs we should be able to blitz, but ryan is a ****** and made absolutely no adjustments at all. I mean, how about trying to bracket Royal? He was going crazy. I'm not proud of it, but I threw my beer on a donkey fan last night. I couldnt take it anymore. Obnoxious asshole.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 08:35 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How did the Oline play last night?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:20 PM    (permalink
SubNoize
Veteran

SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SubNoize is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Angry

I just got home to AZ from Oakland, I was at the game and that was probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I'm far stretched to find a positive from that game, outside of Fargas hard running and Russell not throwing any picks. This team needs to replace at least half the roster, there's not much to work with at all I know it's one game but I'd be amazed if this team wins 3 games. Nobody can catch, pressure a QB and half of the secondary cant guard for their life. This is a very soft team, no heart no toughness at all, but they dont care because they're all on their huge guarantees and they will mail in the season, for the first time in my life I'm embarassed that I like the Raiders, poor dreadful display.
SubNoize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2008, 09:40 PM    (permalink
doingthisinsteadofwork
All-Pro

Ashley Lelie and Chaz Schilens are our best WRs.
Old 09-09-2008, 09:43 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubNoize View Post
I just got home to AZ from Oakland, I was at the game and that was probably the most disgusting thing I've ever seen. I'm far stretched to find a positive from that game, outside of Fargas hard running and Russell not throwing any picks. This team needs to replace at least half the roster, there's not much to work with at all I know it's one game but I'd be amazed if this team wins 3 games. Nobody can catch, pressure a QB and half of the secondary cant guard for their life. This is a very soft team, no heart no toughness at all, but they dont care because they're all on their huge guarantees and they will mail in the season, for the first time in my life I'm embarassed that I like the Raiders, poor dreadful display.
I would have hated to pay to be at last nights game.

Quote:
Ashley Lelie and Chaz Schilens are our best WRs.
ouch.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:55 AM    (permalink
Donno
Veteran

Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Donno is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locseti View Post
deangelo fall can you please check royal at the l.o.s.? OMFG, get in his face. If receivers have a free release and the QB has all day, we're done. I hate Rob Ryan. With our DBs we should be able to blitz, but ryan is a ****** and made absolutely no adjustments at all. I mean, how about trying to bracket Royal? He was going crazy. I'm not proud of it, but I threw my beer on a donkey fan last night. I couldnt take it anymore. Obnoxious asshole.
I was at the game too and i saw someone do that. What section did you spill the beer?