Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks

Super Bowl Champion Seattle Seahawks Discuss the Seahawks

Old 09-18-2008, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Seahawks gave up too much for Colbert

Sure, he's spent this offseason through now in Mike Shanahan's west coast offense. And isn't old, which is something the Seahawks are obviously focusing on with the young guys they are picking up. But a 5th round pick that, if Colbert performs, can become a 4th round pick? Not good imo, especially when Denver was stupid and signed Colbert to a bigger contract than they should have, and were stuck with him until Seattle came into the picture.

Look at Colbert's base salaries (per Rotoworld):
'08- 605K
'09- 2M
'10- 1.5M plus 500K roster bonus

Unless the Seahawks are planning to foot 2M for Colbert next year, he's a one-year solution and I don't like giving up a 5th round pick for that. Two million dollars, I doubt Colbert is worth that (maybe he tears it up though), and relatively speaking you can sign a number of rookie receivers for that price - the number depends on which draft picks or UDFAs.

The Redskins drafted Devin Thomas, Fred Davis, and Malcolm Kelly all in the second round last year, and the total cap charge is around $2.44M (of course the number will increase with each following year of their contracts). You could sign six receivers who are 6th round picks, 7th round picks, undrafted free agents, and players off of practice squads, likely with some change to spare.

I think I would have rather signed someone off a practice squad instead, Anthony Mix or Devin Aromashodu come immediately to mind personally. Although that would entail bringing in another young player who is quite inexperienced to the offense.

Still, what's done is done, and at least things look much better now with Koren Robinson and Kerry Colbert in the fold. With Engram back soon hopefully, Hasselbeck has a trio of receivers he can work with.
Old 09-20-2008, 06:21 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I doubt we pay 2 M for Colbert next year when we wouldn't even give Bobby Engram a contract extension this year. He is only going to earn like 1.7M. I thought that Engram had a realistic case for more money, and now he's hurt...If we keep Colbert next year and let Engram go I'm not going to be happy.

University of Washington Huskies: 7-6
summond822 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 09:01 AM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Robinson didn't suit up, think he will actually make an impact, or is he done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2008, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the best way to look at it is that the 'hawks brought him in a week early, with the Week 4 bye coming up. That gives him three weeks up until the Week 5 game to get into the thick of things, which still isn't a whole lot of time but you have to make do.

But you know, if his knee continues to act up, that probably seals it.

Deion Branch's name keeps popping up, but I can't understand that. The man had knee surgery to repair at least one torn ligament (think it was two?) this January. That's tough. I just don't know how much he'll actually contribute this year, I was very surprised he wasn't placed on PUP.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:30 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.summond822 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
I think the best way to look at it is that the 'hawks brought him in a week early, with the Week 4 bye coming up. That gives him three weeks up until the Week 5 game to get into the thick of things, which still isn't a whole lot of time but you have to make do.

But you know, if his knee continues to act up, that probably seals it.

Deion Branch's name keeps popping up, but I can't understand that. The man had knee surgery to repair at least one torn ligament (think it was two?) this January. That's tough. I just don't know how much he'll actually contribute this year, I was very surprised he wasn't placed on PUP.
He's actually been participating in practices, although it has been with limited involvement. It is very possible that he comes back for the week 5 game. He didn't get placed on PUP because they wanted him back before week 6, and they still think it is a possibility. He was actually listed as doubtful for the game, while Engram was listed as Out. I think that he is ready to come back now and if we had a game this week he would have been playing.

As for Robinson...man what a buzzkill. He comes in and brings with him all these high expectations (unintentionally) and then he isn't even active for the game...

Old 10-09-2008, 04:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So is Branch playing or what?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 05:46 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

i don't think so. I believe he is out indefinately with a heel bruise.

Old 01-03-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hey guys, theres a forum mock thats being set up if anybody is interested. There are still something like 12 GM spots available if people are interested.

For people that haven't participated in a forum mock in the past they should check it out, they are tons of fun.

Sign-up deadline is tonight, so try to hurry.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...t=28445&page=3
Old 02-26-2009, 02:59 AM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats up with lawrence jackson? Is he going to be good or was he a bad pick?
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
cacksman
Rookie

cacksman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
Way too early to tell. Ask at the end of the season for a better prediction.
cacksman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
TheBuffaloBills
Veteran

TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheBuffaloBills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I am in control of the Seahawks if anyone wants them for the mock on here. Just ask me, and I will give them to you if you want them.

Thank you XxXDragonXxX for the Avatar!
TheBuffaloBills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43 View Post
I don't know if he is going to be good or not, it is too early to tell. Is he going to be an elite pass rusher? Probably not. Is he going to be a guy who gets pressure every now and then and helps shore up the run defense? Probably.

Like cacksman says, at the end of the season we'll get a better read.

Old 03-11-2009, 01:59 AM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We couldn't even offer Bodden 1 million? Arrr
Cicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What would everyone be willing to give up for Cutler?
Old 04-02-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
Right now, I would have to say that I don't want Cutler. I just don't think that he is a fit on this team, and I don't think that the Seahawks are willing to give up on Hasselbeck right now.

That being said, the MOST that I would offer for Cutler atm would be our 1st and Hasselbeck, and I would expect Denver to throw in a later round pick.

Old 04-02-2009, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
#4 pick this year and 1st next year (hopefully it will be a late 1st). I think with Cutler you're getting a pro bowl type for the next 10 years. Hasselbeck has been a good QB but he is one hit away from extinction and we have nothing after that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
#4 pick this year and 1st next year (hopefully it will be a late 1st). I think with Cutler you're getting a pro bowl type for the next 10 years. Hasselbeck has been a good QB but he is one hit away from extinction and we have nothing after that.
Ya, I'm a Cutler fan myself and I would love to get a deal like that done.

Another possibility I was thinking about today is what do you think the chances of us moving up back into the first to take Wells are? We can't expect to have a very good running game this year with the current backs on our roster, plus Wells really only falls because of lack of need for RB/teams have other needs. Looking at the TCV chart sending Minnesota our 2nd and 3rd round picks for their first is almost equal.
Old 04-02-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Quote:
Ya, I'm a Cutler fan myself and I would love to get a deal like that done.

Another possibility I was thinking about today is what do you think the chances of us moving up back into the first to take Wells are? We can't expect to have a very good running game this year with the current backs on our roster, plus Wells really only falls because of lack of need for RB/teams have other needs. Looking at the TCV chart sending Minnesota our 2nd and 3rd round picks for their first is almost equal.
One possible scenario now would be trading down to Denver for their firsts to let them grab Sanchez or Stafford (if he was there) and then taking Wells with either the 12th or 18th pick. I'd say they would probably take Oher @ 12 if he was there and Wells @ 18 if he was there. That would be probably the best possible draft the Seahawks could have, and we would still retain our early second & third, letting us take BPA at either position. Likely? Probably not, but it sounds like a dream scenario to me.

If the Seahawks were able to trade down, there is also the slight possibility that Crabtree could fall to them.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by summond822 View Post
One possible scenario now would be trading down to Denver for their firsts to let them grab Sanchez or Stafford (if he was there) and then taking Wells with either the 12th or 18th pick. I'd say they would probably take Oher @ 12 if he was there and Wells @ 18 if he was there. That would be probably the best possible draft the Seahawks could have, and we would still retain our early second & third, letting us take BPA at either position. Likely? Probably not, but it sounds like a dream scenario to me.

If the Seahawks were able to trade down, there is also the slight possibility that Crabtree could fall to them.
I would love for that to happen. I thought I remember reading somewhere McDaniels liked Sanchez too.

The TVC for trading our second and third to Minnesota for their first is almost exactly even, if we trade up that seems like a pretty probable spot for it to happen at.

Last edited by Cicero : 04-02-2009 at 08:22 PM.
Old 04-27-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

we signed Justin Griffith (Oakland) and Ken Lucas (Carolina) today. I don't have contract details, but when I do I'll post them.

Old 05-01-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
summond822
Veteran

Seahawks cut Tyler Schmitt today. Only reason I am even bothering posting this is because we actually spent a draft pick on him last year, so there you have it.

Apparently one of our UDFA is a LS (Sean Griffin from Michigan), so maybe we don't have to worry about Robinson handling those duties this year...... how sad is it that we know the name of our long snapper?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
jballa838
Team Leader
All-Pro

jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jballa838 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I laughed so hard when we picked Schmitt. Still to this day it makes no sense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

jballa838 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jballa838 View Post
I laughed so hard when we picked Schmitt. Still to this day it makes no sense.
For a second I thought you meant Owen Schmitt but yes, Tyler Schmitt was just a hilarious pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i read on a hawks website recently that ruskell is in the last year of his contract, do you think that we'll keep him or do we get a new gm?

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
i read on a hawks website recently that ruskell is in the last year of his contract, do you think that we'll keep him or do we get a new gm?
I think it really depends on how we do this season and how the last two years draft picks do. I know a very unoriginal answer lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote