Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Denver Broncos Team Forum

Denver Broncos Team Forum Discuss the Broncos

Old 09-14-2008, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Cunningham
Rookie

Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cunningham is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Game 2: Denver 39 San Diego 38

well, i can't say we deserved to win this one but i'll take the win. i'm only going to cover a few things here....

-cutler looked great aside from his throw/decision on the pick. i'm not going to elaborate on this a whole lot because enough has already been said. it's good to see him start to get the recognition he deserves

-probably the most underrated move we made in the offseason was signing casey wiegman. he's been solid while stepping in for nalen and has been one of the key reasons the offensive line has been playing as well as it has

-scott o'brien needs to be fired. no explanation needed
Old 09-14-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Karl Paymah got absolutely raped in the 2nd half by Chambers & Co. The Foxworth trade is looking pretty bad right now. Jack Williams, time to step up and earn your paycheck.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 04:08 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

rascal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Comments regarding ST's and Paymah.

The most disappointing thing to me yesterday about ST's was the piss poor performance of Prater. We cut Elam for this kid because he had a leg to force touch backs. So at mile high what did he do...1 out of 8. If we got more touch backs than that our STs coverage would automatically improve. Meanwhile on the other side of the field Kaeding kicked 6 of 8 for touchbacks.

Why is it year after year we continue to put our worst DB against teams best WR? What do you expect to happen? Put Bailey or hell Bly against Chambers all day long and force them to beat our best defensive player not our worst DB on the field.

Wiegmann along with Clady, Hamilton, Kuper, and Harris (who has been a huge surprise) have been playing incredibly well. To allow Jay all the time in the world against that defensive pass rush is pretty damn good.
rascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 06:29 PM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
paymah has no business as anything more than a #8 DB right now. he can't cover anything as far as i've seen.
When your defensive line gets no pressure all game it doesn't matter. Quit throwing away money and picks on DBs. The best CBs in the game won't help if a QB has all day to throw.

Quote:
prater is utter garbage and should be cut immediately. i don't understand why we can't get a guy to kick the ball into the end zone. no other team has this many problems.
agreed

Quote:
i'd agree with rascal, i didn't want to give them credit TOO early, but our offensive line has been fantastic. clady has been absolutely terrific from what i've seen, and it's been huge that pears hasn't been in the line-up.
Pears sucks.
Quote:
good to see nate jackson back to nearly no playing time. i have no idea what inspired shanny to start him over scheff originally, but i'm glad he's stopped.
agreed.

Quote:
champ got beat by a great throw, but in all honesty, i'm used to seeing him get beat once, then make the other qb pay a play or two later. rivers was actually going after him at the start of the game and got off a few big completions. granted he tore the ball away from chambers, but i don't buy for a second that that was a fumble, interception, or anything other than a completed pass for san diego.
Rivers is a better QB than most people will accept.

Quote:
our defense is a massive pile of crap and shanny was absolutely right to risk the win on our offense, rather than taking a 50/50 chance we'd lose immediately in overtime.
yep...and he has a pair of giant brass balls.

Quote:
our SLB's are probably the worst in the league. Nate Webster should *never* be in in a passing situation and DJ is still overrated (although he's by far our best linebacker).
DJ is pretty good IMO...not best in the league at his position but better than anything we've had in years. Webster and Boss suck.

Quote:
if we don't start blitzing in the near future, i'll fricking scream. our defensive line is just not good enough to get any kind of pressure otherwise.
even when we did blitz it was that idiotic delayed crap and the LB's never ever got there in time. Your 5+ yards back and QB is in the shotgun and you wait a full second after the snap to blitz...WTF?!?!?!

Quote:
mccree and manuel need to be replaced asap.
McCree is solid but Manuel sucks ass.
Old 09-16-2008, 09:19 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i think mccree only looks "solid" because we've been really, really bad at the position for years. since atwater/smith actually.
That could be right.

Hopefully Lowry starts over Manuel soon.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:53 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching the tape again, Dumervil was clearly held on about 11 plays, including three plays that went for Touchdowns, and didn't draw one flag. Hopefully he can start drawing flags =/
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:40 AM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regarding Prater, most of his kicks were 3 yards into the end zone or better. I don't know how you can say he is utter garbage. lol
I love watching our offense, and dread watching our defense though.
Hopefully it picks up.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 05:52 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

San Diego got robbed, Denver caught a break

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 11:45 AM    (permalink
rascal
Rookie

I'm sure the Chargers have never benefited from a blown call before.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:02 PM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
One blown call at the end makes up for the 11 missed Holding calls Dumervil should of drawn.
CT Bronco Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Yeah, we got the benefit of a bad call. So? It's not like the Broncos can do anything about it.

SD didn't exactly outplay Denver either. Anytime you give up 39 points you should pretty much expect to lose. Nor did they outplay Carolina. In fact, it seems to me a lot of the griping has more to do with SD not living up to their offseason hype.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 03:07 PM    (permalink
jth1331
Veteran

jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jth1331 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Like the Broncos didn't get jipped in Chicago last year when Abdullah had a fumble returned for a TD, only to see it be called back.
Or back in 2003 at Kansas City where there were numerous blocks in the back on a long Dante Hall return for a TD.
Bad calls happen, you have to overcome them when they do and deal with them. Sometimes you get lucky, and sometimes you don't.
jth1331 is offline   Reply With Quote