Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-17-2008, 09:10 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It has to happen but it probably won't as long as we have the same owner. It really bites because this area is such a football area with HS football and to an extent in college. You'd think we'd be able to have at least a competitive franchise in Cincy but it's just not the case.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:13 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anyone pay attention to him last year? He hasn't just been playing bad since this year, plenty times last year it looked like him and Chad had no rhythm, and that offense took plenty of 3 and outs.

That "they played two good defenses" argument is lame, this is a high powered offense that could score points against anybody, no matter how good the defense, now they get a pass because they played some good defenses? I still think Palmer is talented but there is no continuity on offense, no chemistry, blocking is bad, its alot of things bottled into one but everyone looks really bad.

Also do Bengals fans still feel Marvin is on a short leash? I remember most telling me it was no way he gets fired when I mentioned he was on the hot seat, really don't see that lasting long especially if it continues the way its been going.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 09:15 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=MarioPalmer;1216796]So please, if you want to talk about over rated QBs lets talk about Eli Manning. Just because you win a SB doesn't mean all is good. Just look at Brad Johnson, Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner and should I go on? So he has just as much to prove if not more then Carson. Eli has never been on his own, never. [\QUOTE]

Of course is means all is good! Why would there be problems? Who cares about Brad Johnson, and Dilfer, we didn't trade picks to draft them, but Accorsi did for Eli because he saw something. Why don't you try reading some of the books that came out to get the whole story. And that's good that he has never won on his won. Good teams have talent around their QB! That's called having a good owner, who wants to win, AND having a good HC and GM that provides talent to help the franchise QB and team. Do you get style points for "winning on your own"? Does one superbowl count 3 times got that sort of win?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:30 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Well I wasn't trying to put Eli Manning down, I just hate watching this owner and this front office piss away this QB and this young talent on basically nothing. I could down the line of teams right now that would be willing to trade their #1 picks for the next 2 years to get Carson Palmer, and this doofus of a owner just throws away his talent. It really boggles the mind, I'm serious.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 12:58 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Look at Carson Palmer's production when they had a competent running game. It is hard to put up consistently good numbers without some semblance of offensive balance. Rudi Johnson's decline and the Bengals' inability to add a competent RB have derailed that offense. Chris Perry? Kenny Watson? Come on!

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:59 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Look at Carson Palmer's production when they had a competent running game. It is hard to put up consistently good numbers without some semblance of offensive balance. Rudi Johnson's decline and the Bengals' inability to add a competent RB have derailed that offense. Chris Perry? Kenny Watson? Come on!
Word.

I will defend Perry in saying our run blocking has suffered the second Rich Braham got hurt in the 2nd week of 2006... It hasn't been the same since. Perry deserves a better shot than these two weeks, last week the Titans knew we were going to run the ball given the conditions. I think over the next 14 games he'll be a 4 YPC guy (health provided).

Anyone who puts last weeks game on Carson is outrageous, WE HAD SUSTAINED 50+ MPH WINDS! Why anyone acknowledges this game as him struggling is beyond me. Despite the fact that the Titans have a solid D the wind was our biggest enemy. Week 1 Carson was on his back the entire time, hard to find a guy when you take 3 steps back and have to run for your life. Our Oline wasn't as bad last week, week 1 was the worst it's played in years.

He doesn't get much of a break as we play the Giants tomorrow but hopefully the line will step up.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One: Problem is overrated.

Two: Problem is overrated.

Three: the only problem that isn't overrated is your O-line. They suck. Props to CJ for calling them out to work harder.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Did anyone pay attention to him last year? He hasn't just been playing bad since this year, plenty times last year it looked like him and Chad had no rhythm, and that offense took plenty of 3 and outs.

That "they played two good defenses" argument is lame, this is a high powered offense that could score points against anybody, no matter how good the defense, now they get a pass because they played some good defenses? I still think Palmer is talented but there is no continuity on offense, no chemistry, blocking is bad, its alot of things bottled into one but everyone looks really bad.

Also do Bengals fans still feel Marvin is on a short leash? I remember most telling me it was no way he gets fired when I mentioned he was on the hot seat, really don't see that lasting long especially if it continues the way its been going.
When I said that I didn't think Marvin would get fired, I was in belief that we would put at least 5 wins. However if we only put 3 or 4 wins then maybe he gets fired. But not because Mike Brown wants us to win and he thinks changing personnel will help, but rather because Lewis and Brown probably won't get along after this season (its not like they currently do).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did you mean " what is to be done"? I don't normally rep too much but whoever gets that will.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 01:40 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think anything is "wrong" with Carson. The Oline isnt blocking and personally I think Chad is saddlebagging it Ive seen some passes '04-05 Chad catches dropped. Losing Big Willie, and a solid run game hurts any QB production.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson is fine, the Oline is coming around but still needs some work. End of story.

Thankfully we get out of this run of good defenses and play Cleveland next week.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:20 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great game. Bengals played very hard, and had a great, great gameplan and owned on us defense. Only saving grace was both defenses had issues, but their offense is a sick offense. That damn bubble screen worked wonders on us first half. If Robbins keeps this up, he is going to the pro bowl.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 04:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
Carson is fine, the Oline is coming around but still needs some work. End of story.

Thankfully we get out of this run of good defenses and play Cleveland next week.
That offensive line i thought did a poor job in pass protection, the Bengals should have won the game.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 06:02 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
That offensive line i thought did a poor job in pass protection, the Bengals should have won the game.
Well, it was like they would either give him great protection or poor protection... There wasn't a lot of in between. Either way today's game was a BIG upgrade over the way they played vs. Baltimore if you can believe that.
Old 09-21-2008, 07:04 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Whats up with Ocho? (sorry to go off a topic a bit)
It wasnt like he faced a great secondary and TJ put up big #'s. How come he's been struggling?

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
Whats up with Ocho? (sorry to go off a topic a bit)
It wasnt like he faced a great secondary and TJ put up big #'s. How come he's been struggling?
He doesnt appear healthy at all. They looked pretty good everything considered out there. The o-line is a bit porous but this is a pretty good football team. Having said that i dont see them winning a ton of games this year.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 07:43 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Okay, so after todays game I am once again totally happy with my boy and one of the top 5 best QBs in the league. I never said he wasn't, I was just sort of pissed that he hadn't been playing up to his All-Pro level and then he has a game like he has today against the Super Bowl champs.

Carson is back and is primed for another Pro-Bowl season and he should just throw the ball to who ever is playing well. Forget about Chad and forget about whats the popular thing to do amongst the media, just go out and play.

Today was a horrific site in ridiculous O-Line play, especially Levi Jones who could quite possibly the most horrid pass defender playing on the OLT position in the NFL. Giachec is even worse if that is possible. Carson was sacked 6 times today and still threw for almost 300 yards and 1 TD and led the game tying drive with 4secs left in the ball game. He played like the Carson we all know about.

With that said the play calling, all but the 4th quarter, was aweful. They call 2 straight running plays in OT when they new that the passing game was hot, yet still try to play it safe against the Giants. Total crap, Carson should have gotten in the huddle and just said were winning this now and went out there and just slung it. But of coarse, this horrible coaching staff playcalls 2 boring plays that the Giants saw coming from a mile away.

Carson Palmer is back people, and he is on his way to becoming the guy everyone said was going to take over for Brady and Manning. He played so damn wel today that is was a treat to watch a QB play that way in the midst of some of the most fierce pass rushing in the league.

Good for you Carson and WHO DEY! Bengal fans.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is still a great quarterback, just not much help around him.
Not to mention your defense isn't great.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:02 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCAChainGang View Post
He is still a great quarterback, just not much help around him.
Not to mention your defense isn't great.
The defense has played well this year, they just got murdered in the 4th quarter the first two games because they were on the field all game.

They played well enough for us to win all 3 games.
Old 09-21-2008, 08:03 PM    (permalink
RCAChainGang
Pro Bowler

RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RCAChainGang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
The defense has played well this year, they just got murdered in the 4th quarter the first two games because they were on the field all game.
Yeah I didn't watch the game just saw the scores. Thanks for correction.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.
RCAChainGang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

He looked like the guy we all now and root for and the guy we are in awe of when watching him. He was that good today.
Old 09-21-2008, 10:14 PM    (permalink
JeffSamardzijaIRISH
Pro Bowler

JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JeffSamardzijaIRISH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the time i choose to bench Palmer and start Cassell I get ******!
Old 09-21-2008, 10:34 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Today was a horrific site in ridiculous O-Line play, especially Levi Jones who could quite possibly the most horrid pass defender playing on the OLT position in the NFL. Giachec is even worse if that is possible. Carson was sacked 6 times today and still threw for almost 300 yards and 1 TD and led the game tying drive with 4secs left in the ball game. He played like the Carson we all know about.
I agree with everything you said except this part about the OL. Ghiaciuc is horrible and we all know that. Levi had a bad game and I really don't think he wants to be here anymore. He's been a great player for us since we drafted him and pass blocking has been his strong suit. I don't know what happened but he is just not his old self because at one point I think you could've made the argument he was a potential All Pro candidate.

All that aside, and you all may call me crazy just by looking at the stats, I though the OL took some steps forward today. Their biggest problem has been Ghiaciuc not being able to set the protections correctly but I thought today he improved on that. I think you could attribute about half of those sacks to bad OL play. The rest of them lie on Carson to some extent and especially the OC Bratkowski not knowing how to combat pressure like that. I don't know about you but quick 3 step drops and screen plays can go a long way in negating a pass rush. We also seemed to be outnumbered in the protection more than we should've been and they also didn't roll out enough to move the pocket. Against a DL like that you need to do those type of things to negate their pressure and wear out that DL. I'm not gonna sit here and say the OL even played good but they were better than what they have been thus far this season and I am encouraged by it. We need a new Center like you wouldn't believe though.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-21-2008, 11:06 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Oh yeah, Alex Mack looks mighty good right about now, I say we take Andre Davis and then move back up and grab Alex Mack. After that it's whatever.

Oh, and grab a defensive talent with what ever first round pick we get for Chad Johnson.
Old 09-21-2008, 11:07 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

I agree completely. I like Mack a lot especially the nasty demeanor he seems to play with. I'd like another LBer early too.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165