Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-22-2008, 12:54 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaninblack View Post
I agree completely. I like Mack a lot especially the nasty demeanor he seems to play with. I'd like another LBer early too.
Oh yeah, I would love Rey Maualuga, but we're going to have to make a choice between a OL or a defensive player.

Andre Davis or Rey Maualuga?

Unless the Redskins suck really really bad and get a top 10 pick then are willing to trade their 1rst for Chad Johnson like they were last year, and they were willing to trade their 2007 #6 overall pick for Lance Briggs and he can't make nearly the impact Chad could make for them, we won't be able to trade Chad for a pick that will net us Rey Rey. He's going in the top 10, unless one of the teams desperate for a wide out is picking there we won't get Rey. Especially if Michael Crabtree and Jeremy Maclin enter the draft. Thise 2 receivers will be there for the picking by a team in need of a wide out.

Best possible situation would be to get Andre Davis, Eugene Monroe or Michael Oher and then Rey Maualuga, and then move up to get Alex Mack.

I don't think we should look past Duke Robinson. He would be a destroyer that our run game would definitly need. Georgia RB Moreno would be a hard choice to pass on, but I think Perry can be the guy if we have a awesome run blocking oline.

This draft in 2009 needs to make up for the huge mistakes of the past. The whole 2005 draft was horrible, Kenny Irons was a huge waste, Ahmad Brooks could have had a Pro-Bowl carreer but he is as dumb as rocks and had no ambition to be great. Hopefully Jerome Simpson can live up to his 2nd round draft status, but I think he is 2 years away from being a starter. So this draft coming up needs to be the key to the Bengals future. Rivers is a Pro-Bowl waiting to happen but he's a OLB. He's not a DT, DE, OLT, C or SS/FS. Those seem to be our weakess spots on the squad as of now.

Also, drop the players with the tude. No questions asked, just dump them for what ever you can get. And build this team around the rock that is Carson Palmer.

Last edited by MarioPalmer : 09-22-2008 at 12:57 AM.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:28 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of the weaknesses you listed the only ones I really agree with are DT and C though I even like the two young guys we drafted at DT this past draft. We have 3-4 pretty solid DE's we just need another DT to step up alongside Peko. Sims and Shirley excite me with what they can potentially offer. I really like the young safety tandem we have with White/Ndukwe they just need to let Ndukwe start instead of DJax. I could see us taking a LT especially if we end up getting rid of Levi(I don't think we will though) but we still have Anthony Collins waiting in the wings and the coaches have been impressed by him. A better Center would do wonders for this OL. I don't see us drafting a guy like Duke Robinson when we just locked up Whitworth long term and Williams is on a multi year deal he signed 2 years ago(I think?). The key is to lock up Stacey long term, get a C, and possibly do something with Levi if he doesn't improve.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:30 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Okay, I figure I revive this thread, because of Carson's last 2 outings. He didn't play in the Browns game, but in the Giants game and today against the Cowboys I think we are finally seeing the real Carson Palmer and I have to say he is almost back fully at 100%. He missed some easy throws today but his elbow has been inflamed and thats why he missed the Browns game, but he is there and he is coming on strong and I don't think we will be very far from a huge game in the near future.

One player that I have absolutely lost all patience with is Chad Johnson. He has completely blown this year off and it's obvious. Sorry, but it's time for this squad to trade him come offseason and pick up a high draft and spend it on a hungry young player that has the world to prove.

But, overall, Carson is coming back guys, and he is on his way to becoming the elite guy he was in 2006 and in the first part of 2007.
Old 10-05-2008, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

He still is elite. Being terrible is contagious albeit temporary for players with his talent and mindset.

Last edited by Bruce Banner : 10-05-2008 at 11:39 PM.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:38 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
He still is elite. Being terrible is contagious albeit temporary for players with his talent.
I know, but it's good to see him finally getting his confidence back and fianally acting like the leader he is. Today he was pissed about Chad running the wrong route and you could see it in Chads eyes that he was embarressed when he got back in the huddle. Because he knew Carson would give him that look, thats what this team needs. The coaching staff doesn't get on these guys so I think that Carson takes it upon himself to do so.

It's really fun watching talented players play to their talent. There is nothing I hate more than watching great talented players play like utter ****. I can't tell you how many times I just end up turning the TV off because a great player is playing like crap. It really erks me bad...lol
Old 10-05-2008, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
I know, but it's good to see him finally getting his confidence back and fianally acting like the leader he is. Today he was pissed about Chad running the wrong route and you could see it in Chads eyes that he was embarressed when he got back in the huddle. Because he knew Carson would give him that look, thats what this team needs. The coaching staff doesn't get on these guys so I think that Carson takes it upon himself to do so.

It's really fun watching talented players play to their talent. There is nothing I hate more than watching great talented players play like utter ****. I can't tell you how many times I just end up turning the TV off because a great player is playing like crap. It really erks me bad...lol
Carson was pissed! I've never seen that emotion from him. He did look defeated after that last sack though. Took his time to get the next snap off, lol.

I don't know how he deals with it all. The criminals, laziness, coaching apathy.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:30 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
Carson was pissed! I've never seen that emotion from him. He did look defeated after that last sack though. Took his time to get the next snap off, lol.

I don't know how he deals with it all. The criminals, laziness, coaching apathy.
I know man, he's got a lot more patience then I would have with these guys. Seriously, it's simply amazing the kind of crap he puts up with, but he never let's it effect him like it would the average joe or even the average QB. I'm really high on him right now and I see him taking another big step into his elite status next week. Carson is finally getting his players around him all going in the same direction. It's just a shame that it's gonna take 6 games into the season for that to happen.
Old 10-06-2008, 12:38 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say you euthanize him...
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:47 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was rather surprised to see how competent Palmer and Co. looked this week. I thought that week against the Giants was just a matter of the G-men being not that great and also not taking them seriously, but maybe they are ready to make a little noise. I mean, they still weren't great or anything, but they certainly didn't look helpless or out of sorts like they have at times in the past. I would be encouraged if I was a Bengal fan....well, as encouraged as possible with my team being 0-5.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:15 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A game of two halves...I thought he shouldnt even have been out there in the 1st half but, he got better as the game went on. Made some excellent throws to the side lines. I never questioned whether he was done or anything like that...I just thought he shouldnt be playing in his current medical state...but, he looks pretty good to go. Hopefully, he stays healthy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:15 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That defense is finally starting to come together.

Theyre a stud DE and a solid DT away from being a solid defense.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:17 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

And maybe it'd help if they had a player who's been in the league longer than a year and a half in the secondary
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 06:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
And maybe it'd help if they had a player who's been in the league longer than a year and a half in the secondary
theyre a year away.

I like White and Hall, Rivers adds stability to that LB core, Jones is solid, Peko adds stouteness to the line.

They just need a stud DE, and a solid DT. Pat Simms, its time to wake up and be somebody.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:30 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
It's a blessing and a curse. we got 4 really talented young guys but their experience is lacking.

The sad part is maybe our best player in the secondary doesn't even start when DJax is healthy. Chinedum Ndukwe is an absolute stud.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 10-06-2008, 10:17 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

THANK YOU... Honestly, I think we have an average defense this year. The run D is better than the stats show, the pass D is probably worse than the stats show (top 8ish) but overall I think we're a middle of the pack defense.

I completely agree with you about the DE/DT. Zimmer has been great about creating pressure but it has to come from blitzes, the only guy in our front 4 that creates much pressure is Geathers. I'd like a MLB for the future but our secondary is solid. Hall has played great, White has been adequate and Chinedum Ndukwe may be our best playmaker, I could see him in a pro bowl some day. Joseph is solid when healthy.

Our secondary has been the best unit as a whole to this point on the entire team.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 11:01 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
THANK YOU... Honestly, I think we have an average defense this year. The run D is better than the stats show, the pass D is probably worse than the stats show (top 8ish) but overall I think we're a middle of the pack defense.

I completely agree with you about the DE/DT. Zimmer has been great about creating pressure but it has to come from blitzes, the only guy in our front 4 that creates much pressure is Geathers. I'd like a MLB for the future but our secondary is solid. Hall has played great, White has been adequate and Chinedum Ndukwe may be our best playmaker, I could see him in a pro bowl some day. Joseph is solid when healthy.

Our secondary has been the best unit as a whole to this point on the entire team.
JJ is an outstanding player when he is healthy. He could be one of the better corners in this league if he can stay on the field.

Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
Old 09-17-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Remember the days when Carson Palmer was good? ahhhh... those were the days...

Time to cut their losses and look for a QBofTF
soybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sarcasm? Tough to tell . . .

But, since you're bumping this dusty old thread after he went and put up solid numbers last weekend, I'll assume it's sarcasm.

68% for 345 with 2 Tds and a 92.5 passer rating says hello.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:46 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.soybean is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bill Simmons says it MUCH better than I would:

Quote:
was banking on my beloved Patriots to be explosive offensively, so I can't say their dismantling of Cincy's defense was surprising. But that underwhelming Bengals effort shocked me. No pass rush. None. And can we finally give up the whole "Carson Palmer is a good quarterback" thing? His gaudy stat line (345 yards, a couple of TDs) came in extended garbage time. He threw one pick for a touchdown and another three ducks that the Patriots dropped. He couldn't have looked more inaccurate and uncomfortable until the Pats backed off with a 31-3 lead. And you know what else? Like Mischa Barton, he hasn't looked that good for four years. All-Pro status ain't coming back. For either of them. Time to give up the ghost. I had them making the playoffs; now I'm vacating that spot Calipari-style and keeping it warm for Houston, Baltimore or Tennessee.

Last edited by soybean : 09-17-2010 at 02:51 PM.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll beat the Ravens this weekend and the thread will stay quiet for awhile.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
soybean
All-Pro

and if they dont...?
Old 09-17-2010, 02:59 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He just needs weapons around him.
A solid run game?
Wait.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He may not be a stud anymore (if he ever really was) but he's still a good QB.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that the Patriots have played him well historically, and are tough to beat in Foxboro.

Tom Brady has won an incredible 20 straight home games in the regular season.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Sarcasm? Tough to tell . . .

But, since you're bumping this dusty old thread after he went and put up solid numbers last weekend, I'll assume it's sarcasm.

68% for 345 with 2 Tds and a 92.5 passer rating says hello.

Ahhh but FE you know we have to put that into context, the Bengals got their ass blown out before the game even started good. It was 24-3 at halftime and Carson's stats were pretty bad at that point. For the next 2 quarters all you had was Cincy running no huddle and throwing 90% of the time, and the Pats in prevent defense 70% of the time.

Stats do look nice(and my fantasy football team approves), but I just think by looking at the stat line it's a bit skewed as far as what you would think his overall performance was. Those stats would be excellent if it was a tight game beginning to end and they were running the full offensive playbook and NE wasn't just dropping guys into coverage.

I still feel Carson is overrated as I have for about 2 years now, maybe longer, but I think it's pretty obvious getting Gresham and TO(damn he looked good, no idea why they wanted Bryant more) is going to help him out a ton.

I think once the team, OC, Marvin Lewis, or a combination of all of them figure out that Bernard Scott is really good and deserves more touches, it'll make the offense as a whole look alot better.

I think Carson is in that 13-18 range of QB's right now for me, if he finishes this year strong he'll be closer to fringe top 10 then he would the 20's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carson Palmer was absolutely terrible in the game last week. Bill Simmons summed it up well in the quote he posted. Palmer looked extremely confused and inaccurate until the game completely got away and the Patriots started subbing out starters more often, taking plays off, and playing out of a prevent defense. There were a ton of dropped interceptions and close calls. Almost all of his statistics were racked up in meaningless situations (i.e. his 60 or so yard pass to end the half, and his touchdowns once the game was over.)