Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 09-15-2008, 12:04 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default I am done.

I am sick and disgusted after watching that game. So I am done for the year.
I'll be back when the Vikings get a new coach and QB(and TE also).
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:07 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't say I blame you at all. This is the same exact team as the 2006 and 2007 seasons.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:08 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Your fan-card is revoked.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:09 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You'll be back. Once we start rollin', you'll come crawling back....crawling i say....

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:17 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

try being a KC fan then come talk to me
Old 09-15-2008, 12:18 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
try being a KC fan then come talk to me
Dude, KC's got nothin on Minnesota.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:20 AM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardvikingsfan View Post
Dude, KC's got nothin on Minnesota.
And none of those teams have anything on Detroit.
Old 09-15-2008, 12:21 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRAVEHEART View Post
And none of those teams have anything on Detroit.
... or STL lol
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 12:27 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

You all must be kidding me? St. Louis won a super bowl in 99 and the Lions have 4 NFL Championships. The Vikings on the other hand just taunt their fans to no end...seriously, I am fairly sure there is no end to this madness.

Old 09-15-2008, 12:48 AM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giving up on the team, huh?

We'll run off 4-5 in a row pretty soon and you'll come back.

We had the hardest 2 week opening I can remember. Green Bay at their barn and Indy here?

We'll be fine...
Old 09-15-2008, 01:35 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You all must be kidding me? St. Louis won a super bowl in 99 and the Lions have 4 NFL Championships. The Vikings on the other hand just taunt their fans to no end...seriously, I am fairly sure there is no end to this madness.

NFL Championships don't count. It's all about the Super Bowls, 99% of their fans weren't alive when they won those.

However the 1998 season alone might be enough to make being a Viking fan miserable forever. **** YOU GARY ANDERSON YOU ******* COCKSUCKING PIECE OF WORTHLESS ****.

BTW
Quote:
I think we split the season series, each team winning at home.

Packers 17
Vikings 14

This would probably mean we start 0-2, prompting everyone to talk about how much we suck and were overrated. So yeah... get ready for that.
I may be psychic.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp4516 View Post

We had the hardest 2 week opening I can remember. Green Bay at their barn
Judging by the sentiment of many Viking fans(not solely on here) and players that was a gimme for the vikings. Remember?

Either way, I agree that the season isn't over yet, and quitting on your team when the struggle is a ***** move.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:43 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
Judging by the sentiment of many Viking fans(not solely on here) and players that was a gimme for the vikings. Remember?

Either way, I agree that the season isn't over yet, and quitting on your team when the struggle is a ***** move.

Fans dumb enough to think that winning at Lambeau is a gimme don't deserve to be classified as fans anyway.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings have the best runningback in the NFL, at least there is that to grasp onto. You can say you watched him amaze.

If you look at LDT's career and the Chargers at the time, they remained poor for his first early years until becoming the talented team they are today. Don't give up hope, the Vikes are only one year away imo. T-Jack can't develop chemistry with Berrian and Rice overnight, and Leslie Frazier still has some kinks to work out plus now has talented safety Tyrell Johnson to incorporate into his scheme (an upgrade imo).
Old 09-15-2008, 02:01 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't see how Tarvaris can improve, unless he can somehow manage to only miss the intended receiver by 2 feet instead of 5 feet.
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 02:09 AM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
I don't see how Tarvaris can improve, unless he can somehow manage to only miss the intended receiver by 2 feet instead of 5 feet.
Well it probably wouldn't hurt him to be surrounded by coaches who show signs of competency or receivers who possess the ability to catch passes, because those two factors alone will hamper any quarterback's ability to do his job.

Old 09-15-2008, 02:21 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

T-Jack isn't like a regular quarterback prospect, coming from such a small school and now developing in a West Coast offense. His development is longer than most, but the final product could be something special. The accuracy is a concern, not just on the deep balls, but then that's always been an issue with Donovan McNabb.

Did Childress rush him in too soon? The argument can be made, as now he has expectations to deal with sooner than he can fulfill them. I'd be guilty of this myself, I clamored for him to get playing time as a rookie given how bad Brad Johnson looked.
Old 09-15-2008, 02:42 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
T-Jack isn't like a regular quarterback prospect, coming from such a small school and now developing in a West Coast offense. His development is longer than most, but the final product could be something special. The accuracy is a concern, not just on the deep balls, but then that's always been an issue with Donovan McNabb.

Did Childress rush him in too soon? The argument can be made, as now he has expectations to deal with sooner than he can fulfill them. I'd be guilty of this myself, I clamored for him to get playing time as a rookie given how bad Brad Johnson looked.
I think the argument needs to be made on putting your QB in a position to succeed. With Tavaris Jackson coming from such a small school he should have learned at least a year from a talented veteran quarterback, and while Brad Johnson was a veteran, I don't think anyone could have labeled him talented.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 07:17 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I may have let my emotion get the best of me when i made the post. So I'll just chill and get ready for next week.

With this coach and QB, we will end up 7-9, if we are lucky.

Being older then most on these boards, Ive been a die hard Vikings fan all my life. Been watching Vikings games for the last 25 years(yeah, longer then most of you have been alive).

So I dont want to hear **** about quitting on my team.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Old 09-15-2008, 11:37 AM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You all must be kidding me? St. Louis won a super bowl in 99 and the Lions have 4 NFL Championships.
The last one of which was 30 years before I was born. At least the Vikings have been to a Super Bowl. The Lions have gotten past the first round of the playoffs once in my lifetime, and that was when I was four.

Last edited by P-L : 09-15-2008 at 11:40 AM.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 11:41 AM    (permalink
The New Kid

Quote:
You think thats bad?

Try living in Arizona where they have NEVER hosted a playoff game.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

They did beat the Cowboys at Dallas in the '98 Wild Card though! :D

Always a great fact to bring up to annoying Cowboys fans.
Old 09-15-2008, 11:55 AM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, it does suck, but it's going to get better. It has to......right?
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 03:53 PM    (permalink
FuzzyGopher
Pro Bowler

FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FuzzyGopher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if this observation should make me happy or sad... Has anyone noticed a drop off in production at left tackle since McKinnie has been suspended? I can't say that I have, run blocking has been about the same and pass protection is about equal as well. Good to know we are paying McKinnie 7-8 million a year when Artis f***** Hicks is just as productive.

Maybe the suspension will light a fire under his ass and he will come back and play at the level that he should. And maybe going against Allen in training camp will help him against speed rushers. I can only hope.....