Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-11-2008, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman D View Post
I understand that, it just seemed like you were complaining of the lack of Jan and others in this episode.
I never mention anything about the quality of the episode in the post. Just responding to your comment that the episode did little to advance any plots between characters on the show which I thought it did and I just simply gave an example.
It's ok man. My comment wasn't directed just at you.

I just think the Office needs to stop recycling plots.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:54 AM    (permalink
josh07039
Pro Bowler

Location: "Im against Picketing, but I don't know how to show it"-Mitch Hedberg
josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.josh07039 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't say they are directly recycling plots. Granted, they do have a lot of meetings, but it's an office, that's what they do. Obviously you all already know this, but the reason they do this is to mock office politics. What do you want them to do? How about this? To be more original the entire office goes on a trip to Hawaii. Michael gets into an argument with a local and challenges him to a contest in which he much leap over some sharks. Now that's good TV.

All joking aside, I liked this episode. No real plot movement, but on a sitcom every week does not need to have dramatic plot progression. The episode had a few great moments.

As much as I love Creed, I like that he isn't used a lot every week. He is great in a random smallish role. I really like how the show rotates the minor characters to not overuse them.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I think both of you have valid points, I guess finding a balance is probably key for this show, I know alot of ppl hated season 4 partly for episodes being outside of the office.
Baby Shower promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAtt-yvE_sk

Hitman D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2008, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think both of you have valid points, I guess finding a balance is probably key for this show, I know alot of ppl hated season 4 partly for episodes being outside of the office.
Baby Shower promo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAtt-yvE_sk
I hated 'Dinner Party' the first time I saw it for this reason.

But after watching it several times, it became one of my 2-3 favorite episodes from last year.
Old 10-11-2008, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Wow, this deleted scene should have made the show.

http://www.officetally.com/business-...deleted-scenes

hahahahaha
Old 10-11-2008, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Hitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairHitman D is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Lmao, glad to see Kevin stand-up for himself. Definitely should have made the cut.

Old 10-12-2008, 11:51 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Wow, this deleted scene should have made the show.

http://www.officetally.com/business-...deleted-scenes

hahahahaha
Kevin is so full of win

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2008, 11:58 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

seriously, I know that deleted scenes usually seem like they should have made the final cut, but that first deleted scene was pure gold with Oscar and Creed

and I hate Ryan 2.0 just as much as I hate Ryan 1.0, and I love Kevin 2.0 as much as Kevin 1.0

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2008, 08:46 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

loved the ryan/kevin deleted scene. that should've stayed. but, it was too out of character for kevin. he loves ryan and is borderline 'tarded. no way he nukes his sunglasses.

the other deleted scene was ok. enjoyed oscar's part as well as creed's..but, phyllis was just over the line.

not optimistic about the baby shower episode. kinda seems like it's gonna be over the top michael antics.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2008, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
All-NFLDC

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where's my golden shower!?!
Old 10-16-2008, 08:09 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Loved the cold open.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well that's interesting.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 10-16-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Bad episode.

Old 10-16-2008, 08:31 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Bad episode.
I prefer 'mediocre.'

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 10-16-2008, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wasn't great. The ending with Holly and Mike was nice, and the golden shower bit was hilarious, but aside from that, nothing special.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:16 AM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
Where's my golden shower!?!
The first ten minutes of the episode were priceless. I cried at the golden shower bit. Asturd!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:56 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love that it is kind of hinting that Jim and Pam might take a break...the worst thing to happen to the show was Jim and Pam getting together

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 08:01 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
I love that it is kind of hinting that Jim and Pam might take a break...the worst thing to happen to the show was Jim and Pam getting together

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
Old 10-17-2008, 11:22 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

not a fan of this one.

1-minimal Pam. we need more Pam and less clothes.
2-sad. sad. sad. i was so sad for michael when Assturd showed up. wench didn't even call him. evil.
3-no Ryan. Ryan getting owned has become my favorite part of the show..but he wasn't even in this episode.
4-the 'golden shower' bit was too forced.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:38 AM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The office is very disappointing this year...
Old 10-17-2008, 11:53 AM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notredameleo View Post
The office is very disappointing this year...
i don't disagree. but, i think i'll chalk it up to a slow start. a lot of plots are being developed.

1-Andy and Angela are either gonna get married soon, or Andy is gonna find out about Dwight. either one of those situations would be epic.

2-Amy Ryan is only signed on for a few episodes, so Holly will probably be making a dramatic exit.

3-i still say Astrid is Michael's kid.

4-not sure what'll happen with Jim and Pam, but i will say that i'd be more excited for their wedding than i was for a few that i actually attended.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Hitman D
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
I prefer 'mediocre.'
Yea, I was a little harsh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe View Post
i think i'll chalk it up to a slow start. a lot of plots are being developed.
Agreed.

Old 10-17-2008, 12:44 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't disagree. but, i think i'll chalk it up to a slow start. a lot of plots are being developed.

1-Andy and Angela are either gonna get married soon, or Andy is gonna find out about Dwight. either one of those situations would be epic.

2-Amy Ryan is only signed on for a few episodes, so Holly will probably be making a dramatic exit.

4-not sure what'll happen with Jim and Pam, but i will say that i'd be more excited for their wedding than i was for a few that i actually attended.
I hope not. the less Jan the better.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:28 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Good post drowe! I truly am pumped for what is to come. And I'm a sucker for storylines anyway, so I don't mind watching a part of the show that develops those over humor.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 01:50 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dwight with the stroller stuff was good. Golden shower as well. Rest was just eh.