Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 11-21-2008, 06:31 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
SvR is probably the "better game," but I'll be getting TNA myself as it seems to have a better system and I'm pretty pumped about it.
What the hell are you always watching on Netflix :) It took a little of my enthusiasm out of it when I realized I couldn't just put any movie on streaming that I wanted, but there's still quite a bit of good shows available.

I just wanted to see prison break damnit :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
What the hell are you always watching on Netflix :) It took a little of my enthusiasm out of it when I realized I couldn't just put any movie on streaming that I wanted, but there's still quite a bit of good shows available.

I just wanted to see prison break damnit :(
Haha, I never watched Heroes, so I've been watching that, and 30 Rock.

Yeah, I saw Prison Break Season 1, and really want to see the rest. One day!

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:47 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
hey guys, I need some help. I'm looking to get a game that is just fun. Not great for live or a shooter. I am leaning twards 1 of the 2 new wrestling games so I need to know which is better. TNA or SvR09? Any non-wrestling game suggestions? +rep for help.
bumping to the new page

OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBond93 View Post
Haha, I never watched Heroes, so I've been watching that, and 30 Rock.

Yeah, I saw Prison Break Season 1, and really want to see the rest. One day!
Yea I caught some of the Heroes episodes on TV but it makes so much more sense seeing it from the beginning, especially with my break coming up I'll be up to Season 3 in no time.

Quote:
Old 11-21-2008, 07:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
bumping to the new page
What kind of other types of games do you like? More story driven or RPGs or?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:00 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: I feel like a, like a slice o' butter,melting on top of a big-ol pile of flapjacks...yeah
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
What kind of other types of games do you like? More story driven or RPGs or?
Fighting
Sports
Some RPGs

p.s. I don't want GH World Tour or RB2

Oh yea, is that game Mirror's Edge any good? I might get that.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd say rent it or atleast dl the demo before buying it. I thought it was alright...it didnt blow me away or anything...and like i said before, I actually prefer the free running in Assassins Creed more. That's a great game.

Some non shooters that I really like...

GTA 4
Saints Row
Lost Planet
Assassins Creed
Dead Space
Silent Hill
Fable 2
The Darkness (Basically a shooter but w/e it's awesome)
Gears
Bully

You might like Mass Effect if you're into the whole space scene. Everybody seems to love it.

Dead Rising
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Too Human

Might spark your interest as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-21-2008, 08:12 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Played guitar hero world tour on drums last night. For some reason I don't like it nearly as much as rock band. The create a song feature is pretty cool though and me and my best friend spent a lot of time making a rock version of lollipop.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:19 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'd say rent it or atleast dl the demo before buying it. I thought it was alright...it didnt blow me away or anything...and like i said before, I actually prefer the free running in Assassins Creed more. That's a great game.

Some non shooters that I really like...

GTA 4
Saints Row
Lost Planet

Assassins Creed
Dead Space
Silent Hill
Fable 2
The Darkness (Basically a shooter but w/e it's awesome)
Gears

Bully

You might like Mass Effect if you're into the whole space scene. Everybody seems to love it.

Dead Rising
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
Too Human

Might spark your interest as well.
bold are games that I thought were shooters, underlined are games I don't want and red is games I will try out. thanks for the help, and I will deffinatly rent or dl the demo for Mirror's Edge.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

I loved Assassin's Creed (will be referred to as AC from here on out) for about 3 hours.

Then I realized it was the most repetitive game ever. Yes, I realize all games are repetitive, but AC was just overkill. Help peons, jump into hay, stab someone, end.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:25 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Banner View Post
I loved Assassin's Creed (will be referred to as AC from here on out) for about 3 hours.

Then I realized it was the most repetitive game ever. Yes, I realize all games are repetitive, but AC was just overkill. Help peons, jump into hay, stab someone, end.
really? I guess I will just dl the demo and find out for myself then. thanks for the imput.

Old 11-21-2008, 08:28 PM    (permalink
Bruce Banner
All-Pro

Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.Bruce Banner could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
really? I guess I will just dl the demo and find out for myself then. thanks for the imput.
Some people will claim that I just hate popular things just to hate but this rub (like all of my other ones :)) is completely true.
Bruce Banner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being true doesn't mean it isn't just hate to hate ;)

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Some people will claim that I just hate popular things just to hate but this rub (like all of my other ones :)) is completely true.
i believe you but I just want to make sure and form my own oppion just like I do with all games, CDs, and movies.

MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Played guitar hero world tour on drums last night. For some reason I don't like it nearly as much as rock band. The create a song feature is pretty cool though and me and my best friend spent a lot of time making a rock version of lollipop.
I actually prefer having cymbals over just four drum pads. A little more realistic.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
bold are games that I thought were shooters, underlined are games I don't want and red is games I will try out. thanks for the help, and I will deffinatly rent or dl the demo for Mirror's Edge.
edit...well, I messed this up but, there is a better idea of what the games are if you didnt know already.

Dead Space is like Resident Evil in space basically...it's not a shooter per se. Yes, you have weaponry but, it's more than just an aim and shoot type deal. I loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67cTIWDuKXM

Assassins Creed doesnt have any guns for you to use. It's an action/adventure game set in the crusades but, w/ a twist. The free running from building to building is fantastic. The cities you visit are enormous and you can basically do anything you want acrobatically. It's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc-ClutaN_I

Mass Effect is an RPG...a great deal of shooting is involved if you want their to be, though. Very story driven w/ great enviroments. I've yet to play it but, it is one of the 360's best sellers and highest rated games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqBpRJ7qgaM

Other than Gears and the Darkness...the games you bolded aren't really classified as shooters...they're more action adventure. GTA/Saints Row are a whole lot more than just shooting. If you havent played them, you should give em try.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-21-2008 at 08:34 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:40 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Quote:
edit...well, I messed this up but, there is a better idea of what the games are if you didnt know already.

Dead Space is like Resident Evil in space basically...it's not a shooter per se. Yes, you have weaponry but, it's more than just an aim and shoot type deal. I loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67cTIWDuKXM

Assassins Creed doesnt have any guns for you to use. It's an action/adventure game set in the crusades but, w/ a twist. The free running from building to building is fantastic. The cities you visit are enormous and you can basically do anything you want acrobatically. It's awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc-ClutaN_I

Mass Effect is an RPG...a great deal of shooting is involved if you want their to be, though. Very story driven w/ great enviroments. I've yet to play it but, it is one of the 360's best sellers and highest rated games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqBpRJ7qgaM

Other than Gears and the Darkness...the games you bolded aren't really classified as shooters...they're more action adventure. GTA/Saints Row are a whole lot more than just shooting. If you havent played them, you should give em try.
geez, thanks a ton will rep you a second time as soon as I get a chance.

EDIT: Dead Space looks awesome.

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 11-21-2008 at 08:48 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 08:51 PM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

K, I have narrowed it down to 3 games:
- Mirror's Edge
- Dead Space
- WWE SvR09

gonna dl some demos and rent 1 or 2 then decide.

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 11-21-2008 at 08:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2008, 09:06 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I actually prefer having cymbals over just four drum pads. A little more realistic.
That might've been my problem because I was playing guitar hero with the rock band drums.
Old 11-22-2008, 06:14 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bantx View Post
Yeah i dont know which game to get next theres so many good games out right now, im stuck between Left 4 Dead and GOW2, probably leaning more on L4D cause the demo was awesome.
If you thought the demo was awesome you have to play online as the infected fan friggin tastic, Death to the humans!!!!!
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 09:00 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone wanna play some GoW2 Co-op? I have to work at noon EST and ill be back around 8:30 so if anyone wants to play on insane let me know
Old 11-22-2008, 11:05 AM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
That might've been my problem because I was playing guitar hero with the rock band drums.
RB2 is way better than GH: WT. The presentation and gameplay is better, but Guitar Hero does have better hardware (drums and guitar). I think Neversoft F'd up really bad with this one because I loved GH3 (most didn't) but World Tour sucks.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
RB2 is way better than GH: WT. The presentation and gameplay is better, but Guitar Hero does have better hardware (drums and guitar). I think Neversoft F'd up really bad with this one because I loved GH3 (most didn't) but World Tour sucks.
Yes, exactly. The presentation was really bad IMO. It was really hard for me to see the purple bass drum line while playing the drums.
Old 11-22-2008, 02:58 PM    (permalink
ccB
All-NFLDC

ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ccB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I felt the same exact way. I couldn't understand how people thought it was so great. It was supremely easy especially running from building to building, all you have to do is basically hold a button in and press up on the stick. It was a less fun version of Prince of Persia, nice visuals though.
Old 11-22-2008, 05:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I should've bought Dead Space a long time ago, being the RE fan that I am I'm pretty sure I'll like it, hopefully I can find it for cheap at xmas time...Thanks for the reviews on AC, I had high hopes for that game and still wanted it but I'll probably pass on seeing how you guys feel on it.

Quote: