Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 10-09-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
aLARGEtopHat
Rookie

aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aLARGEtopHat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Thanks.. Halo it is.

I'm already getting Madden 11, 2k11 and NCAA 11 just to play with my friends. Im also thinking about getting Fifa 11
Get fifa 10 if you want to save money. Not much has changed between 10-11 if you want to play online and it's 30 dollars cheaper. Fifa 10 is a must have game if you have friends imo, but thats a reach for most here.. Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
aLARGEtopHat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 10:12 AM    (permalink
jag
Veteran

jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got 2k11 the day it dropped, absolutely amazing. Best gameplay of any basketball game I've ever played. Also, their attention to detail is phenomenal. Not only do they have all the nba players shots and mannerisms down, but all the Jordan teams (including his opponents--Ewing's Knicks, Bird's Celtics, etc) are incredibly accurate.

If anyone has it and wants to play online let me know (online league?), this is definitely my favorite sports game to come out in some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Chris View Post
It's just a ******* dog By Michael Vick
Check out the Dailyer Nebraskan
http://www.dailyernebraskan.com
421 Witness
756*
jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
i can't imagine how awesome the sequel will be. after the success of the first game, this next one will be amped up and super funded. i hope robin doesn't have detective vision thing so i can laugh at my friends when i host a game and they get stuck in yellow tights and no cool stuff.
The second playable character is actually catwoman I believe which is even more hilarious then letting people play as Robin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
This is the truth, but I'm still going to buy it because I'm a stupid fanboy.
Dont get me wrong, I'm sure it'll be fun, it just really looks like more of an expansion than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
Thanks.. Halo it is.

I'm already getting Madden 11, 2k11 and NCAA 11 just to play with my friends. Im also thinking about getting Fifa 11
Mass Effect 1 + 2 are a must for any 360 owner.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
etk
All-NFLDC

etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.etk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I think they're pretty damned good. Nothing wrong with giving the new Guitar Hero that score. It's all a big giant rehash with those games at this point.
How would you know if you don't have a clue about the game? GH5 perfected the game from a features and gameplay standpoint. WoR doesn't have any new innovations but it doesn't need to. It has a great setlist that's filled with fun songs. That's what matters to the people that actually play and enjoy the game. Instead they have an obvious Rock Band fanboy review the game when he obviously doesn't care about GH as evidenced by the factual errors and his general biased stance.

It just seems ridiculous that the game got a 6.0 when the people that know the most about the games and care the most about the games (Scorehero) consider it one of, if not the best Guitar Hero games ever.

I understand you don't care about Guitar Hero anymore but I can't take a site seriously for reviews when they have almost 1 factual error per paragraph in a biased reviews of a game that I might buy. I don't see why anyone would go to a site that puts lies in their reviews.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Most of their previous reviews have been spot on. AC2, Halo Reach both games I liked had spot on reviews from them.
The AC2 review was great. The Halo: Reach review wasn't good at all. In a 3-page review they pointed out one criticism which was the small # of maps that shipped with the game compared to Halo 3. Quality>quantity and some of the Halo 3 maps were phased out almost completely like Epitaph, Snowbound & Isolation. People who buy Halo: Reach are gonna spend most of their time playing multiplayer whether it's matchmaking or firefight. I wish reviewers would try to incorporate the angle of the hardcore player and write specifically about the matchmaking, online gameplay, map quality, etc. You know....the stuff that actually matters.

So not only is that a weak criticism but 1 negative shouldn't lead to a 9.5/10 by IGN's scale. It feels like the written reviews and grades don't match up sometimes.

sig by BoneKrusher
etk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2K11 is sweeeeeeet. Playing with Jordan is the greatest thing a sports game has done.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
2K11 is sweeeeeeet. Playing with Jordan is the greatest thing a sports game has done.
Just curious because I was gonna pick it up soon, but is he a player you unlock, are the 95 bulls on the game that you can play with, is he a FA, how does it really work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There's a MJ mode. 10 games you play from his career where you have to get certain stats. And then when you beat that it unlocks my player with Jordan where you get to play through his career (starting as like a 80 ovr rookie). And there are like 8 old Bulls teams you can play games with.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 02:37 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by etk View Post
Why do people still go to IGN for reviews? They gave the new Guitar Hero a 6/10 and the review contained at least 5-6 factual errors. IGN doesn't even try to be unbiased and they only review games from one perspective - the casual one.
I've always gone to Gamespot (13 years and counting I think). I don't think I've read many reviews from other places. Gamespot usually gets it right.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:31 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like IGN. Guitar hero tho has been beaten by Rock band since like three years ago when each came out with the sequel. Guitar hero has yet to evolve like Rock Band has, and the new rock band is awesome.

Quote:
Quote:
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
I like IGN. Guitar hero tho has been beaten by Rock band since like three years ago when each came out with the sequel. Guitar hero has yet to evolve like Rock Band has, and the new rock band is awesome.
Eh, I think Guitar Hero World Tour was the best out of any of those games. Best and largest track list and you can play all the instruments on it.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 05:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's the only one I've played^

It was alright... I can only play so much guitar hero, though. I got bored with it, rather quickly.

Plus, I'm terrible and dont really have any interest in getting better and increasing the difficuly passed, normal or medium, or whatver that is.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Guitar Hero is fun for like 20 minutes, tops, for me.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Rock Band with three other guys that are really into music is a ton of fun. The new rock band is using new controllers to try and get people to learn and play real instruments which is awesome.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-09-2010, 06:14 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jvig43 View Post
Rock Band with three other guys that are really into music is a ton of fun. The new rock band is using new controllers to try and get people to learn and play real instruments which is awesome.
This is gonna be amazing. Love it when vidya games realize, "Hey, everyone on the planet thinks this would be awesome. Lets actually do it!"

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
This is gonna be amazing. Love it when vidya games realize, "Hey, everyone on the planet thinks this would be awesome. Lets actually do it!"
Agreed. I never got into guitar hero, never understood why I would waste so much timepretending instead of actually learning how to play guitar. I started playing rock band when it released cause more then one person could play and ended up having a good time with it. Its great to see its evolved so far.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-09-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Check out this Gears of War 3 screen

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After doing the Halo Reach co-op, I cannot wait for Gears3...
Old 10-09-2010, 10:20 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm excited for Gears 3, but I hope it's better than Gears 2. The mutliplayer in that game was a major disappointment. Matchmaking was terrible.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-09-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My only experience with Rock Band was when I was drunk and my friends peer pressured me into singing "Beverly Hills". That is a moment in my life I wish I could forget haha.
Old 10-09-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
I'm excited for Gears 3, but I hope it's better than Gears 2. The mutliplayer in that game was a major disappointment. Matchmaking was terrible.
totally agree gears 1 multiplayer was some of the most fun multiplayer ever for me, gears 2... i traded it in it was that bad
Old 10-09-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitansCJftw View Post
totally agree gears 1 multiplayer was some of the most fun multiplayer ever for me, gears 2... i traded it in it was that bad
It's funny, because the campaign was a lot better in Gears 2, but the Multiplayer sucks. I don't like the art direction of the next game(Cut off armor...wtf? That's ********), but hopefully the multiplayer is better this go around. The entire Beast Mode thing sounds cool, but that's more something you play for a week. The mechanics and matchmaking of the game need to be tightened up.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
Old 10-10-2010, 12:00 AM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont understand why all the online multiplayers dont go to the list format so you can pick the server with best connection or map you want to play with best connection i ******* hate that crap makes me irate, if i want to play a certain map why the hell shouldnt i just be able to choose it? STUPID
Old 10-10-2010, 06:52 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

It's kind of annoying, but makes sense, too. I don't play much, so it's a bit annoying to me that I have to play something different every round because that makes it so I can't master a map the way I like to. Kind of running around like a chicken with its head cut off a lot of times.
Old 10-10-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

I think the system Halo uses has the least flaws. It still has flaws, that is for sure, I would prefer an option for separate playlists for all gametypes, but the entire voting thing is great when it actually works the way it's supposed to.

R.I.P. Junior Seau